Forums

Topic: Unpopular Gaming Opinions

Posts 7,601 to 7,620 of 12,088

TheFrenchiestFry

@ToadBrigade At that point just buy the characters you want or who look interesting to play. Admittedly I jumped immediately on buying the Fighters Pass on the game's launch day as soon as Joker was announced at The Game Awards because of my love for Persona, but the FP also ended up delivering on every other character imo, as I was a fan of 4/5 franchises represented in the first Pass.

TheFrenchiestFry

Switch Friend Code: SW-4512-3820-2140 | My Nintendo: French Fry

TheFrenchiestFry

@LatsaSpege I've honestly heard a lot of people, particularly people who only play Smash and no other fighting game say he's hard or not fun to play because of how true to his traditional fighting game roots he is, so that sentiment isn't actually that unpopular at all. A lot of people just didn't really click with him because of how fighting gamey he is in a non-traditional fighting game

Edited on by TheFrenchiestFry

TheFrenchiestFry

Snatcher

@ToadBrigade Its more fighter and they are heck of fun to play I think you should look at other youtub videos and see who looks fun to use and i'm typing this without reading other comments so if you were told this Sorry.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

BrintaPap

About half of the games Nintendo releases (on Switch) are really a sight to behold in my eyes. This is mostly (ofc ) because of the simpler art style on their games. However Zelda is not THAT good of a looking game on Switch. Luigi’s Mansion is especially lacking for me on the graphical side.

BrintaPap

Dogorilla

People complain about microtransactions all the time, and rightly so, but I never really see anyone criticise Nintendo for the paid Mii costumes in Smash Bros. I think the DLC fighters are a little overpriced but they do come with a decent amount of content so it's arguably justified, but the Mii costumes are purely cosmetic, only usable when playing as a Mii (which I imagine most people don't do very often considering how many other fighters there are), and aren't even included in the fighter passes. They may be cheap individually but there are dozens of them and I don't think this kind of thing should cost money in a full-price game.

"Remember, Funky's the Monkey!"

Funky Kong

Eel

I guess nobody complains about them, because nobody is actually buying [most] them.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Cynas

I think a couple of the more detailed ones are worth it, like Sans, Cuphead, and Bomberman. Some of them come with a music track as well. In general I don't mind cosmetic microtransactions much, though. You can pick out a couple of your favourites at a relatively cheap price. At the very least it's better than a gacha system.

Cynas

Switch Friend Code: SW-5466-6715-6498

Dogorilla

True, you don't really miss out on anything if you don't buy them and it's easy enough to just get one or two based on characters you like (I'll admit to buying Sans) without feeling like you need to buy all of them. They're certainly not the most egregious microtransactions out there but still, most other Nintendo DLC of the last few years just consists of a single payment for a reasonably sized expansion, so the quantity of Mii costumes that cost money without substantially adding to the game irks me a bit.

Funky Kong

kkslider5552000

I do kinda want to own ALL the content this particular game has to offer (especially the 3rd party crossover stuff), just because its Smash Ultimate. But I'd be much more willing to actually pay for all of it, if like the made a bundle for all the Mii costumes for half the cost of buying them all individually.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Matt_Barber

@Dogorilla I'll take the opposite stance that the only acceptable microtransactions in games are for cosmetic items.

Let's face it, once you're able to buy in-game items with real money that affect gameplay you're going down that slippery slope towards pay-to-win. I suppose there's a certain level of power creep whenever a DLC bundle comes out too, but considering that most people still playing the game are likely to buy it anyway there's still something of a level playing field, you'll get other things of value, and the amount you can spend is capped.

I'd just hate to see first party games on Nintendo consoles descend to the same level as, say, Fire Emblem Heroes where top players are throwing thousands at the gacha mechanics in order to get an edge.

Matt_Barber

kkslider5552000

DLC good (when done well, decent price, blah blah blah), microtransactions bad (and only even tolerable in f2p games).

I'd like to believe this isn't an unpopular opinion but y'know...

Dogorilla

@Matt_Barber I agree that pay-to-win and gacha mechanics are worse, but the Mii costumes are still effectively microtransactions in a game that's already one of the most expensive standalone games Nintendo has ever released (at least in the UK, where the RRP is £60) and has two separate expansion passes. Cosmetic or not, I don't think that's acceptable. Thankfully Nintendo doesn't seem interested in microtransactions in other non-F2P games as of yet and I certainly hope it stays that way.

Funky Kong

TheFrenchiestFry

@Dogorilla Honestly I think the individual prices for fighters are super fair for the amount of content they offer

like 5 or 6 dollars for a whole fighter, their stage, as well as spirits and music tracks that homage their home series feels like a steal, especially in the case of fighters like Terry Bogard who has like 50 freaking songs that don't just encapsulate Fatal Fury and The King of Fighters

TheFrenchiestFry

Dogorilla

@TheFrenchiestFry Yeah it's not too bad, but the fighters do still feel a little bit too expensive for me. I think the reason I feel that way is because the combined cost of both fighter passes is almost as much as the entire base game, and the amount of content it adds is nowhere near the amount that's already in the game. Though I suppose a lot of the base game's content is reused from previous Smash games while all the DLC is completely new, so maybe I'm being too harsh on it.

Funky Kong

TheFrenchiestFry

@Dogorilla The only DLC fighter in Smash I felt didn't live up to the price they were charging was Cloud honestly. Cloud being in Smash is like dream come true material for me, but Final Fantasy, and especially Final Fantasy VII deserved way more of a stamp on Smash than what we ended up getting, although Square is mostly to blame for that. There are literally no main Persona games on any Nintendo console and they went pretty far in terms of representing Joker and Persona 3-5 compared to Cloud and Final Fantasy VII.

Now that FFVII is actually on a Nintendo console they could maybe loosen up and ease the restrictions on what can be represented from that game

Edited on by TheFrenchiestFry

TheFrenchiestFry

Dogorilla

@TheFrenchiestFry I haven't played FF7 so I don't know much about Cloud as a character (though I bought him on Wii U bc my brother is a big fan of FF7) or how much more they could have done with his moveset but yeah it does seem fairly vanilla, and it's a shame there are so few FF music tracks and spirits in Ultimate. Especially since Dragon Quest has a good amount of spirit representation and Hero has a very unique moveset. The Midgar stage is pretty cool though iirc? It's been a while since I've played it but I remember you could summon deities to assist you which was fun.

Funky Kong

TheFrenchiestFry

@Dogorilla Yeah the summon materia. Summons are a thing in Final Fantasy that basically act as special beings you can cast who act kinda like party members with souped up special attacks if you equip them.

The music tracks imo were probably the biggest disappointment because FFVII has easily one of if not the most iconic RPG soundtracks in history, Japanese or otherwise, and there are a lot of songs that felt like no brainers for Smash, especially for remixes. I would've loved seeing songs like J-E-N-O-V-A and One Winged Angel get special arrangements, and the Bombing Mission song was literally in Cloud's trailer but went unused in the final game.

TheFrenchiestFry

Magitek_Knight

I always had the impression Mario Sunshine was kind of looked down on as a lesser Mario game; I'm playing it for the first time on the 3D All-Stars and it's become my go-to game to play to chill with after work.

It feels perfectly paced for that and not too taxing as difficulty goes.

I didn't like Breath of the Wild, have I mentioned it yet today?

kkslider5552000

I mean Sunshine is a game most people seem to either love or be mixed on. I think its a very good game whose gimmicks nonetheless are less interesting to me than normal 3d Mario platforming. But it also has some of the worst parts of any 3d Mario, probably by a good margin (even if hindsight, enough of those parts are optional if you're not 100% it). But its also still a very good game despite that.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic