Forums

Topic: Unpopular Gaming Opinions

Posts 7,541 to 7,560 of 12,088

Euler

Because they've scraped the bottom of the barrel so far that they have slivers in their fingernails (see also: the fact Waluigi is #1).

Euler

Eel

@Dogorilla nostalgia!

Geno was a bit like Shadow the Hedgehog. The first vaguely edgy, gun-wielding, tragic character of many 90's kids.

😉

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

jump

@Euler I’m not sure about that as Waluigi has a weird cult following. I don’t understand the following myself but it’s more than being one of the last remaining notable names left out of Smash.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

kkslider5552000

TheFrenchiestFry wrote:

MGS2 was only divisive because Kojima and his team actually tried to hide the fact that Snake wasn't the main playable character in every trailer leading up to launch

thankfully i'm sure no other playstation-centric game with 2 in the title would have a similar problem

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Christofu

@TheFrenchiestFry never played mario RPG but honestly geno doesnt seem to have too much going on for him does he? idk he just seems like an OK character with a mildly interesting move pool. Seems like he would be a megaman with more generic melee moves

Christofu

Euler

@jump You make my point for me. Not a lot of notable names that aren’t already in Smash Ultimate, so we have to get more and more obscure. And Waluigi is to the Mario franchise what Duffy is to Mickey Mouse.

Edited on by Euler

Euler

porto

Waluigi is like ten times more attractive tho

Edited on by porto

porto

Switch Friend Code: SW-2940-3286-4610 | My Nintendo: Pikmin4 | Twitter:

Euler

@Eel Nah. Pauline, DK Jr, or Stanley the Bugman would probably fill that role (obscure character from the very early era).

Euler

porto

@Euler Pauline would fit that role if she wasn't present in Odyssey. I'd say she's a pretty popular character now, or at the very least drastically more popular than her early days.

porto

Switch Friend Code: SW-2940-3286-4610 | My Nintendo: Pikmin4 | Twitter:

Eel

Horace is pretty much still in use, in minor Disney shows that need an extended cast. Though he was often used as a rival for Goofy, not sure if that's still part of his character.

So kinda like a Waluigi in that regard. It's got less to do with age, and more with the use. Daffy duck is not even part of Disney. (Yet!)

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

Matt_Barber

The George Lucas of video games is surely George Lucas.

He did, after all, own a video games company - LucasArts - for thirty years before selling it to Disney alongside the rest of LucasFilm.

Matt_Barber

Euler

Eel wrote:

Daffy duck is not even part of Disney. (Yet!)

Silly, I was talking about Duffy the Disney Bear. Who didn't appear in any of the classic cartoons, but was randomly created by corporate Disney in 2010 because they needed a new character so they could sell more merchandise. Sounds like someone else...

Edited on by Euler

Euler

Eel

Oh sounds like it's a theme park exclusive thing.

A bit more obscure than even Waluigi. Perhaps that bear is a bit more similar to the fairies from 3D world. Cute marketable characters confined to one aspect of the franchise, but rarely appearing outside of that.

Though I'm sure there's some other obscure character that could fit better. Perhaps something that was made exclusively for complimentary media.

Now we need to see Waluigi dressed as a sailor though.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

Toy_Link

I think Duffy's decently popular enough in Asia, I know I've seen pictures of him with an entourage of stuffed animal OCs., Guess that would make Duffy the Mario equivalent of the Radio Hosts from All Night Nippon.

Legal threats that have gone nowhere: 1

kkslider5552000

Matt_Barber wrote:

The George Lucas of video games is surely George Lucas.

He did, after all, own a video games company - LucasArts - for thirty years before selling it to Disney alongside the rest of LucasFilm.

I mean, he never got too directly involved AFAIK and let talented people make good games more than 3 times, so that's not true.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Matt_Barber

@kkslider5552000 Sure, he was considerably more willing to take a back seat with games than with films - and the results were arguably better for it - but at the end of the day it's the same guy.

Matt_Barber

GilbertXI

Oh boy, theres a thread for this? I'm gonna bookmark this, it'll surely be fun.

GilbertXI

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic