Forums

Topic: Unpopular Gaming Opinions

Posts 7,521 to 7,540 of 12,088

kkslider5552000

Ralizah wrote:

RE2, RE3, RE7, RER2, Devil May Cry V, Shinsekai: Into the Depths, Mega Man 11, Monster Hunter World, Monster Hunter 4/Ultimate, Monster Hunter Generations/Ultimate, Ace Attorney: Dual Destinies, Ace Attorney: Spirit of Justice...

I'm sure there are more, but those are the current gen Capcom games that jump to mind.

The main ones you're forgetting are Dead Rising 3/4 Street Fighter V, Marvel vs Capcom Infinite and Strider, which came out 3 months after the Ps4/Xbox One. Professor Layton vs. Phoenix Wright is weird in that it came out in Japan before this gen but after outside of Japan. Multiple reasons why I'm not sure if that counts or not.

oh and Resident Evil: Umbrella Corps lolololololololol

That's 19 games at most? I think? So let's say 3 a year. So it isn't quite as bad as I thought. I legit thought it was 2 a year.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Blooper987

@kkslider5552000 the great ace attorney games were in Japan only. Don’t know if they would count but they were this gen I think

Switch Friend Code: SW-0772-1845-0995

Ralizah

@kkslider5552000 Ah, there you go. So, around three games a year, and they're mostly really high-quality, sometimes best of series stuff. I just wish we were getting original content for the Switch, but I guess I should be glad that Chris Redfield isn't punching boulders anymore. They've done an amazing job with the series this gen. We'll... forget that Umbrella Corps is a thing.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

kkslider5552000

I played Umbrella Corp at the first PAX I went to. It was the most "that sure did exist" experience possible.

But its one of those things where it feels like companies are failing to keep up their pace from previous years. I mean, on top of everything else...that Onimusha remaster did well. But how much time do they need to remaster any of the other ones? How much development time does the presumably inevitable Megaman 12 need with its fairly relative meh graphics? And at least some companies are making gigantic games, Capcom's mostly making games comparable in length to games they were making 15+ years ago. I think. And that's fine by me tbh.

Honestly at this rate, I'm gonna go all in on not wanting companies to keep advancing graphics, because I'm worried this problem will just keep getting worse.

TheFrenchiestFry

EXTREMELY UNPOPULAR OPINION: Hideo Kojima is the George Lucas of video game developers

Death Stranding proved to me that he is one of those developers that takes way too much advantage of the amount of creative freedom he has over a game when he is surrounded by a bunch of yes men. I hate to say it, but even if Konami treated him like absolute garbage, them supervising his projects turned out games of considerably higher quality compared to Death Stranding once he was finally given free reign to do whatever he wanted as the head of an independent studio. Death Stranding has all of the cliches I've come to hate in narrative driven games, and even the narrative itself is building up to this conclusion that did more to confuse and let me down rather than what it was built up to be pre-release.

TheFrenchiestFry

Switch Friend Code: SW-4512-3820-2140 | My Nintendo: French Fry

Lindhardt

@TheFrenchiestFry I do not think this is an unpopular opinion. I've seen lots of people on the Internet compare him to George Lucas.

Favorite Games:
1. Super Mario Galaxy
2. Portal 2
3. Hollow Knight
4. Fallout 4
5. Persona 4: Golden

TheFrenchiestFry

@Lindhardt In my experience his circlejerkers far outweigh the critics of his games honestly so I thought I was in the minority on that one.

TheFrenchiestFry

BruceCM

Eh, I've never been a particular fan of him.... Certainly not interested in his courier simulator

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

Vinny

Maybe a "git gud" opinion, but I believe Sunshine is the hardest 3D Mario.
I had such a hard time with some missions, specially the special level ones. And the thing is, since there are levels you have to beat, unless you want to 100% or are a completionist there's no point getting the extra shines (which I found mostly easier than the "mandatory" ones).

I'd say Galaxy 2 is the second hardest one (btw, this is all from a non-completionist point of view so I have no idea about post game levels). I died a lot on some levels, more than the first one. Though there are easy 1-up mushrooms close to the most frustrating sections so it balances it out.

This blue eye perceives all things conjoined. The past, the future, and the present. Everything flows and all is connected. This eye is not merely seen reality. It is touching the truth. Open the eye of truth... There is nothing to fear.

PSN: mrgomes2004

TheFrenchiestFry

@Vinny Sunshine is easily the worst Mario game to 100% by far

and you get jack ***** for it too which makes it feel even more strenuous and unfulfilling

TheFrenchiestFry

judaspete

Twisted Metal 2012 is the best game in the series. While it did lose some personality cutting most of the characters, no other entry can touch it's gameplay.

judaspete

My Nintendo: judaspete | Nintendo Network ID: judaspete

kkslider5552000

TheFrenchiestFry wrote:

EXTREMELY UNPOPULAR OPINION: Hideo Kojima is the George Lucas of video game developers

This is a comparison from people who only knows 5 interesting people who make movies and games. I mean, yeah the general point of going too far in questionable creative directions without people saying no to them is true enough, but George Lucas comes across as a guy lucky to have worked with people who know how to make stories human beings can relate to. Whereas Hideo Kojima is more some type of insane capital-a Artist, trying to push gaming forward in the weirdest directions no one else is really trying to. (well, no one with a huge budget anyway)

i mean, i dunno about death stranding, and don't even think i'd be into it, but people hated MGS2 back in the day, and those takes were all pretty obviously wrong in hindsight, so im hesitant to judge it

Though both nowadays are probably less appreciated for making good art in the past and more for distressingly predicting a lot of what would happen in the future.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Lindhardt

Unpopular Opinion: Geno doesn't need to be in Smash.
I feel like Geno being in Smash would be a bad rep for the Mario RPG series. He was an one-off character in a game released 24 years ago that hasn't really appeared in any game since.

Favorite Games:
1. Super Mario Galaxy
2. Portal 2
3. Hollow Knight
4. Fallout 4
5. Persona 4: Golden

porto

@Lindhardt It could help resurrect the Mario RPG series though.

porto

Switch Friend Code: SW-2940-3286-4610 | My Nintendo: Pikmin4 | Twitter:

Blooper987

@Lindhardt paper Mario would make more sense for them to add. I would love Geno and I think he may get in due to popularity, but paper Mario seems a better choice for smash.

Switch Friend Code: SW-0772-1845-0995

TheFrenchiestFry

Geno would not only suck as a Square rep due to the fact that he literally has no prominence within the company's works compared to no brainers like Cloud, Hero, Chrono or even Sora, but also a Mario RPG rep given the series went in two drastically different directions after SMRPG. Paper Mario deserves to rep the RPG games way more than Geno does.

@Apportal Mario RPG doesn't need to be resurrected. Paper Mario is a Mario RPG series. The RPG games just went in a drastically different direction after one game.

Edited on by TheFrenchiestFry

TheFrenchiestFry

TheFrenchiestFry

@kkslider5552000 MGS2 was only divisive because Kojima and his team actually tried to hide the fact that Snake wasn't the main playable character in every trailer leading up to launch

Retroactively many people consider MGS2 one of the best installments in Solid entries once they take into account how important Raiden is to the plot and the contrast he presents when paired up with Snake Plissken

TheFrenchiestFry

porto

@TheFrenchiestFry And Paper Mario has shown no reason to go back to its RPG merits. I think it's a great idea, to be honest with you. I would much rather have Paper Mario in smash even so.

porto

Switch Friend Code: SW-2940-3286-4610 | My Nintendo: Pikmin4 | Twitter:

Euler

Lindhardt wrote:

Unpopular Opinion: Geno doesn't need to be in Smash.
I feel like Geno being in Smash would be a bad rep for the Mario RPG series. He was an one-off character in a game released 24 years ago that hasn't really appeared in any game since.

He has many liabilities (third-party, one-hit wonder, irrelevant for over 20 years) but none of those are insurmountable and he has many redeeming qualities as well (strong moveset potential, active fanbase, Sakurai supposedly likes him, etc).

Euler

Dogorilla

Why do so many people want Geno in Smash? Nothing against him but I don't understand why he's one of the most common fighter requests.

"Remember, Funky's the Monkey!"

Funky Kong

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic