Forums

Topic: Unpopular Gaming Opinions

Posts 7,501 to 7,520 of 12,088

kkslider5552000

Why is someone offended that they got reasonable advice about the game they're playing?

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

NEStalgia

@Wargoose The strength of xc2s story is, really, that there are no villains. Everyone has a realistic motivation. Everyone is trying to make things "better" from their own perspective. None of them are truly wrong. Most of them are victims of either their own choices, choices they were caught up in, guilt over accidents and hard choices they made in a war.... Nature/life itself. There was no really power hungry cackling madman.... The character closest to that only really came to that point by ultimately trying to do good in a world that doesn't tolerate good, and after looking behind the curtain realized there's nothing to salvage.... A view somewhat shared by the motivations of some of the heroes as well.

Xc2 is one of the deepest stories because there isn't a force of good or a force of evil specifically but people and groups torn by unfortunate circumstances all handling it at odds with each other. One character stands as the "mastermind" but that character acted out of despair rather than any kind if personal or ideological gain. It's a cool story that way.

NEStalgia

RR529

I love all the ports (particularly 6th & 7th gen games) that the Switch is getting, and am stoked for Super Mario 3D All Stars.

While I love new games (who doesn't), I really started following gaming during the 6th gen, and it's a real treat to play all these games that were the talk of the town back in the day that I never got to play due to limited funds as a kid (Katamari Damacy, the Devil May Cry's, Onimusha, etc.), plus some old favorites (Okami, FFX) with an HD coat of paint.

I'd love it if all the big Japanese companies each set up a studio that does nothing other than give their 6th/7th gen games an HD lick of paint/minor tweaks, and churned one out every month or two (this could serve really well for Konami, who seems to want to dip their toes back into gaming, but has had mixed results).

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

porto

RR529 wrote:

I love all the ports (particularly 6th & 7th gen games) that the Switch is getting, and am stoked for Super Mario 3D All Stars.

I agree. I didn't like the idea at first, but I'm getting more used to it now. Love the idea.

porto

Switch Friend Code: SW-2940-3286-4610 | My Nintendo: Pikmin4 | Twitter:

NEStalgia

I mean i looove buying the exact same movie every time a vcr model comes out.

NEStalgia

Lindhardt

@RR529 Me too. I owned a Wii U, but there are still so many games for the system I missed out on.

Favorite Games:
1. Super Mario Galaxy
2. Portal 2
3. Hollow Knight
4. Fallout 4
5. Persona 4: Golden

Cotillion

NEStalgia wrote:

I believe it, if you're still using VHS.

The analogy here wouldn't be the comparison between VCR models anyway. It'd be generational - VHS to DVD to Blu-ray to 4K and/or streaming.

Cotillion

Euler

Shadowthrone wrote:

NEStalgia wrote:

I believe it, if you're still using VHS.

The analogy here wouldn't be the comparison between VCR models anyway. It'd be generational - VHS to DVD to Blu-ray to 4K and/or streaming.

The problem is that the generational gap is 15 years rather than five years (with only marginal improvements in graphics). Ports are also a huge downgrade from backward compatibility, which would just be a few lines of code at this point, but they won't ever do it again because they want people to buy two $80 copies of the same game.

Euler

KryptoniteKrunch

Agreed about ports. I find it impressive we get these PS3 games like Bioshock collection, Borderlands collection, Dragons Dogma and much more without that much of a downgrade at all. The Vita had some PS3 games but most of those were fighting games with noticeable downgrade or the port just flat out sucked like Borderlands 2 and Xcom.

KryptoniteKrunch

Nintendo Network ID: KryptoniteKrunch

TheFrenchiestFry

I wouldn't call this an unpopular opinion in general but it's definitely going to rub someone who reads NLife the wrong way

There are a multitude of Atlus games that deserve Switch ports way more than Persona 3-5. Dare I say Persona 3-5 are some of the most accessible Atlus titles by a long shot.

Also Capcom's Switch support is honestly some of the worst of a major Japanese publisher behind the Switch, since all the platform's gotten are re-releases of collections, or individually priced 6th gen games that can be found for cheaper in so many other places. Also no new games like Monster Hunter World, or either REmake 2/3, or Devil May Cry 5 and RE7. Considering RE Village is a next-gen game, that is also definitely not coming to Switch whatsoever. That's honestly the one sour spot in Capcom's otherwise amazing redemption arc

Edited on by TheFrenchiestFry

TheFrenchiestFry

Switch Friend Code: SW-4512-3820-2140 | My Nintendo: French Fry

jump

@TheFrenchiestFry technically RE7 is out on Switch, it's Japan only and can only be streamed online.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

TheFrenchiestFry

@jump Truly the definitive way to play the game

TheFrenchiestFry

Lindhardt

@TheFrenchiestFry Capcom has been going pretty downhill lately. It feels like the only IP they really care about anymore is Resident Evil. (But hey, now we have 2000 ways to play street fighter 2!)

Favorite Games:
1. Super Mario Galaxy
2. Portal 2
3. Hollow Knight
4. Fallout 4
5. Persona 4: Golden

TheFrenchiestFry

@Lindhardt They've been getting their crap together in terms of stuff like Resi, Devil May Cry, Mega Man and Monster Hunter, and SFV has come a long way since how barebones it was at launch, but I'm still waiting on stuff like Darkstalkers, Breath of Fire, Viewtiful Joe and a good Dead Rising game

TheFrenchiestFry

kkslider5552000

Capcom is doing way better than they were this time last gen, but they've still succumb somewhat to "AAA companies can't put out more than a couple of games a year" syndrome. I don't think they've put out 3 new games in a year this entire generation (even if you count RE2/3 as new games).

Like you have your handful of relevant franchises, and everything else gets a download only port of a 10 or 20 year old game with better resolution at best. I'm honestly really sick of even the better gaming companies doing this. They could've put out a new Advance Wars, a new Crazy Taxi, a new Dino Crisis etc

And then you get to the really bad stuff, like EA having both Star Wars and Bioware forever and not doing a new KOTOR. Or Xbox One only putting out 2 new Rare follow-ups (and only one new Rare IP) despite owning Rare and putting out a giant collection people bought in droves. It's so dumb.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Anti-Matter

Very unpopular opinion, i guess almost all of you never knew if this Rhythm game was from Capcom and created by former DDR sound director and artist Naoki Maeda who literally was from Konami.

Anti-Matter

NEStalgia

@kkslider5552000 ea is flat against story driven single player games because multiplayer focused competitive GaaS has far more monetization opportunity for a much longer tail at far lower co cost. Ubisoft has made a sharp turn down that rabbit hole the last few years. Even nintendos clearly moved that way. I'm not always a huge fan of Sony's wannabe movies, (though in fairness, they're a film company....) But thank goodness for them banging the story single player drum very loudly and continuously. With them doing so and their frequent success, they keep other producers emulating them.

NEStalgia

Ralizah

@kkslider5552000 RE2, RE3, RE7, RER2, Devil May Cry V, Shinsekai: Into the Depths, Mega Man 11, Monster Hunter World, Monster Hunter 4/Ultimate, Monster Hunter Generations/Ultimate, Ace Attorney: Dual Destinies, Ace Attorney: Spirit of Justice...

I'm sure there are more, but those are the current gen Capcom games that jump to mind.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

porto

Unpopular Opinion:

Pikmin 3 is better than its predecessors.
It was larger, had a better story, more areas to scope, more intriguing worlds, better enemies, and to top it all off the best Pikmin.

porto

Switch Friend Code: SW-2940-3286-4610 | My Nintendo: Pikmin4 | Twitter:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic