Forums

Topic: Unpopular Gaming Opinions

Posts 7,381 to 7,400 of 12,088

Wargoose

@swiftii I think Animal Crossing as a series doesn't change that much. I think it's one of those series that benefits from skipping a few entries. The last game I played was wild world, and I'm enjoying New Horizons. Will I get the next two games in the series probably not. It's the same for me as Pro Evo, I enjoy it but I'm not gonna buy every entry in the series. As at it's core the games are really similar.

Wargoose

NEStalgia

@Wargoose " Mario Bros 2 is interesting in that it's all set inside Mario's Dream"

Curious that Mario dreams of Yume Kojo.

@RainbowGazelle 2D Mario died in the mid 90s. You missed the stuff that counts. 3d Mario had a good thing going through the wii though... He just took a hiatus until odyssey.

NEStalgia

Clammy

Fortnite is for kids

Clammy

Anti-Matter

Clammy wrote:

Fortnite is for kids

NO.
The game is for at least 13 years old people.
It rated TEEN / PEGI 12
Read the Age rating first before playing the games.

Anti-Matter

crashcontrol

@Anti-Matter But for some reason you always see 7 year olds playing that garbage game all the time 😒

Currently Playing: Genshin Impact, Honkai: Star Rail, and whatever else I feel like playing

Switch Friend Code: SW-7941-0589-4299

Anti-Matter

crashcontrol wrote:

@Anti-Matter But for some reason you always see 7 year olds playing that garbage game all the time 😒

That because their parents completely let them play before even understanding the impact of playing games not suitable for their age.
Blame the careless parents for letting their kids playing Fortnite.

Anti-Matter

crashcontrol

The battle Royale genre has been stale and repetitive since fortnite was released, it wasn’t until fall guys released that the genre became fun

Currently Playing: Genshin Impact, Honkai: Star Rail, and whatever else I feel like playing

NotTelevision

Mario Bros. 3 is the best platformer of all time, but I prefer the Donkey Kong Country games on SNES now over Mario World and Yoshi’s Island. Yoshi’s Island art style is beautiful but the gameplay is a bit too slow and meandering. Mario World is just kind of Mario 3 again, but with slightly less variety.

Donkey Kong’s graphics may not have aged as well, but the levels are a compelling mix of the exploratory aspects of Mario, with the occasional speed and quick decision making of Sonic.

There is certainly room for both, though I do generally still prefer new 2D DKC entries over the annual 2D Mario game. Maybe it’s better Nintendo don’t release another one anytime soon now that Mario Maker 2 is out.

NotTelevision

Magician

Final Fantasy VIII Remastered, with the auto-fill HP, ATB, and Limit Break built-in cheat mechanics make it the best version of FF VIII. All story, no challenge, and it makes the junction system inconsequential. chef's kiss

Switch Physical Collection - 1,247 games (as of April 15th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

NEStalgia

Unpopular opinion to start ww3:. Thousand year door is mediocre and already demonstrated that the series was circling the drain after seven stars. Super paper was a momentary flash of greatness but they took far too many liberties and made a legit dark Mario game which Nintendo understandably handled like it was a Phillips CDi game.

@Magician it makes junction inconsequential? I have to give it another try! I started it, forgot how horrendous the games systems are and the dismal tutorials, junctions etc and put it down again. Not in love with one save point every 4 hours, either.

But if there's really that much qol improvement, maybe it deserves a third look.

@Wargoose probably True, but it's been 8 full years since the last game.... That's a long time for a skippable sequel.

@swiftii agreed. There's some qol improvements and some new mechanics that should have been great, but at the cost if streamlining most other elements of the game into non existence to better support the new features. It seems reeeealy polarizing. Your opinion isn't really unpopular among long time series fans.... But yet there's this wave of people that think it's the best ever and have hundreds of hours in it (and I'm not even taking about Anti, who wasn't a fan of the old games, and is a fan of building sims, so it makes sense he'd like this one more). It's a slippery slope when you split the nature of a series into a new fan base and old fan base. You end up with FE Fates, paper mario, and Halo infinite: trying to be all things to all people and irritating all of them. I want to love the game so much. I keep trying... But it's not happening. Things like the town decorating for fall..... Just the one store.... Reminds me of all the little perks that are missing.

NEStalgia

crashcontrol

Blooper987 wrote:

@crashcontrol ahem Tetris 99

Oh yeah Tetris 99 is great too!

Anti-Matter

Very unpopular opinion, for me Miitopia 3DS is Billion times way far better than FF XV in term of gameplay and storyline.
The quirkiness, silliness and chibi looking of Mii players looks Billion times way far better than OMG Too Realistic Ultra 4K Extreme HD graphics of FF XV that put me in Extreme Disgusting.
I will vomit everytime i saw FF XV graphics. 🤢🤮

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

JokerCK

Lol someone need attention. Nurse could you come here and take him?

JokerCK

Zuljaras

I ordered the GBA NES Classic Super Mario Bros. earlier today just for the love of the first game when I was a kid.
And now I saw that Mario 35 direct. I think I might be converting back

Some of those games look really nice especially those 3D ones. The landscapes (levels) look very inviting.

I guess that not so unpopular now

I also found the original story in the Super Mario Bros. manual. There is a Mushroom kingdom that is attacked by Koopa which are "Evil turtles that practice black magic". And the Goomba are Mushroom traitors that turned against their own people.

I have to read some more of that "High/mushroom" sh**

Edited on by Zuljaras

NEStalgia

@Wargoose Which one, ffxv or miitopia? Actually, doesn't matter, i agree either way.

NEStalgia

Losermagnet

@Magician I should give it a try. It's the only one from the PlayStation trio I never finished. My teenage lizard brain never understood the junction system. I got stuck on the Ultamicia with Rinoa fight.

Switch friend code: SW-2223-7827-8798
Give me a heads-up if you're going to send a request please.

Buizel

NEStalgia wrote:

Unpopular opinion to start ww3:. Thousand year door is mediocre and already demonstrated that the series was circling the drain after seven stars. Super paper was a momentary flash of greatness but they took far too many liberties and made a legit dark Mario game which Nintendo understandably handled like it was a Phillips CDi game.

In what way is TTYD mediocre? It's widely considered to not just be better than 64, but the absolute peak and defining game of the series.

Edited on by Buizel

At least 2'8".

porto

NEStalgia wrote:

but they took far too many liberties and made a legit dark Mario game which Nintendo understandably handled like it was a Phillips CDi game.

@Buizel he clearly stated why he didn’t like it. Don’t know why it’s so hard for you.

Edited on by porto

porto

Switch Friend Code: SW-2940-3286-4610 | My Nintendo: Pikmin4 | Twitter:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic