LilMuku

@Anti-Matter this thread is about opinions
I’ve only put 120 hours into it but, I just don’t think its that good

LilMuku

Switch Friend Code: SW-0302-3731-7145

kkslider5552000

LilMuku wrote:

I’ve only put 120 hours into it

I can't imagine doing this for a game I don't love.

When I didn't like City Folk, I don't think I put 20 hours in.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Matt_Barber

I'd honestly think that Wii U has a better games library than the N64 and the Cube. Sure, it might have less physical releases than either, but the quality is there and there's also some pretty good stuff in the eShop.

Matt_Barber

Anti-Matter

@Matt_Barber
I thought Gamecube was a little bit better in games library than Wii U.
At least i can play The Sims Bustin' Out Gamecube version on my Wii.
Wii U didn't even have The Sims games (It was on PS4 and Xbox One instead).

Anti-Matter

Ralizah

@LilMuku

"Since X and Y every Pokémon game has been worse than the last"

Is this an unpopular opinion? I hear that opinion a lot in the Pokemon fandom.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

LilMuku

@Ralizah SwSh are the biggest games since GS
Its definitely not a popular enough opinion

LilMuku

Switch Friend Code: SW-0302-3731-7145

Matt_Barber

Anti-Matter wrote:

@Matt_Barber
I thought Gamecube was a little bit better in games library than Wii U.
At least i can play The Sims Bustin' Out Gamecube version on my Wii.
Wii U didn't even have The Sims games (It was on PS4 and Xbox One instead).

I think you could argue that either way depending upon your taste in games, but I thought that what the Wii U lacked in third-party ports was more than made up for a by a particularly strong first-party lineup and its where Nintendo's got the ball rolling with indie games, even if the Switch has taken that to a whole new level.

Also, you can get your Cube games running on the Wii U with a little bit of soft-modding as the hardware is capable of running them natively. Nintendo presumably just locked them out because they didn't want to have to support the disc format. It's totally worth it though if you want the ability to play them handheld or via 1080p HDMI output.

Matt_Barber

Lindhardt

1. Animal Crossing gets boring really quickly.
2. The Pokemon games are for kids and don't need to be made more difficult for adults.
3. Mario Odyssey > BOTW

Favorite Games:
1. Super Mario Galaxy
2. Portal 2
3. Hollow Knight
4. Fallout 4
5. Persona 4: Golden

Anti-Matter

@boredlizard
I still get addicted by ACNH until today for more than 405 hours gameplay.
I know what should i do on ACNH so that's why i still get addicted.

Anti-Matter

porto

@boredlizard 💯 agree. BOTW was pretty boring in my opinion. I can’t stand Pokémon either, and I could never get into Animal Crossing.

porto

Switch Friend Code: SW-2940-3286-4610 | My Nintendo: Pikmin4 | Twitter:

redd214

Yeah even my kids dropped off Animal Crossing pretty quickly. I thought it was something they'd be playing all year but they were bored with it after a couple months despite their pre-release excitement.

redd214

Zuljaras

I feel like Animal Crossing was made to play between other games on short bursts when you don't want to do anything difficult.

I do not think it can be a main game like other games.

Anti-Matter

I still prefer Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer and Amiibo Festival over than older Animal Crossing on Gamecube until Wii. They have better body proportion on every single animals and human. Also, older AC were hardly to impress me due to very primitive and archaic gameplay style than ACNL and ACNH.

Anti-Matter

porto

Anti-Matter wrote:

I still prefer Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer and Amiibo Festival over than older Animal Crossing

I hope you're trolling.

porto

NEStalgia

@Zuljaras That's largely true, at least for the older games. Do you remember the Nintendo Direct prior to the release of ACNL when Iwata highly recommended people purchase it digitally, even if they like physical games because it is a game you will want to check on your island every day? Those were definitely meant to play in between other games, like a little getaway (though it was also possible to get invested in it and lose track of time.) The new one though - the building sim genre by nature requires mammoth time investment just to get anywhere, magnitudes beyond even JRPGs, so I think this one was intended to be a main game, at least for anyone that gets really invested in building sim games.

NEStalgia

porto
  • Animal Crossing is a boring time-waster, and people care way to much about it. It’s honestly hilarious hearing people argue over the tiniest things, like which shrub is better or something haha. I mean no offense to people who like it, it’s just my opinion.
  • The best Mario sports game is Mario Power Tennis for the Wii.
  • I don’t like Rhythm based video games. They are so astoundingly boring it’s crazy that people can fan-boy over them so much.
  • The best Mario Party was 6 and 7.
  • The GameCube was the best console in terms of games. (Mario Party 4-7, Metroid Prime, Wind Waker, Double Dash, Smash Bros Melee, Pikmin 1 and 2, Paper Mario, etc.)

Edited on by porto

porto

Blooper987

@Apportal ok I’m gonna go through these.

There’s no problem with Animal Crossing. What video game wouldn’t be considered a boring time waster? It’s not like certain video games are more worthy of your time than others.

Duh Mario power tennis is great only one that comes close is golf world tour.

I’m just gonna skip this one. Don’t wanna start an argument😂

I only have 10 and it’s not good so I’ll take your word for it.

GameCube and GBA era was the best I love those games.

Switch Friend Code: SW-0772-1845-0995

porto

Blooper987 wrote:

What video game wouldn’t be considered a boring time waster? It’s not like certain video games are more worthy of your time than others.

fair point. I just feel Animal Crossing is more "work" then gaming, and from what I've played there's no real point to doing anything.

(and I kinda wanted to make Anti mad )

Edited on by porto

porto

JoeyTS

@Apportal Very nice to say no offense to the Animal Crossing players but show no mercy for rhythm game players! I assume you aren’t very good at rhythm games. I suck at RPGs. I can’t get invested into them and I think they’re boring. BUT I understand why people like them. The people who like RPG’s are good at them and enjoy the genre. I don’t like RPG’s because I never play past the beginning of the game which is usually the most boring part of the game. You most likely played songs on the easiest difficulty and stopped afterwards. That's essentially the equivalent to you playing the tutorial and intro section of a game and then judging your overall basis on a game based on that alone. Notice the people who like rhythm games are the ones who are good at them and the ones who enjoy their gameplay elements. I’m sure I’d love RPGs if I actually gave them a chance as you would a rhythm game. We “fan-boy” over rhythm games because they’re good games. Just because you find it boring doesn’t mean you should act surprised towards the people that believe otherwise. I find math boring but I understand why people find it enjoyable. I’m sure you felt inclined to comment this due to the Partner Showcase recently. I can respect your opinion but in turn you should respect our opinion and not think it’s CRAZY that we like them. I mean no offense to you, it’s just my opinion.

Edited on by JoeyTS

UPDATE: Bowser just ate some cake and it was yummy

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic