Forums

Topic: Unpopular Gaming Opinions

Posts 7,281 to 7,300 of 12,088

I-U

shazbot wrote:

@I-U I have this on 3DS, but haven't played it yet. Even if it's your least favorite, still worth playing through?

It's still worth playing. The only thing that really underwhelmed me about the game was the combat, and I went into Samus Returns having beaten the rest of the series. I would say too that it bothered me to be able to knock around an enemy with a successful melee counter when the game still had general collision damage just for making contact with an enemy that isn't attacking. I could feel Samus is stronger than ever in one encounter and potentially have that feeling taken away in the next. Other M handled Samus better in terms of how she feels in enemy interactions.

"The secret to ultimate power lies in the Alimbic Cluster."

kkslider5552000

I don't feel like there was too much of a drop in atmosphere in Prime 3. I mean, there were characters but like...after the beginning, they basically each show up for their boss fight and not much else. The majority of the game is far away from the actual characters. If anything I felt it perfectly reflected the exact amount of increased action in the game anyway.

I mean I do generally prefer the more atmospheric focus in Metroid, but I don't need every game in the series to entirely focus on isolation (though if I were in charge, I'd obviously say the big return to form of Prime 4 should focus on that at least as much as the first game).

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Rob3008

I really dislike The Witcher 3. I started it last year and gave up after a few hours, i just found the whole thing terribly dull and boring. I restarted it again a few weeks ago and found the same thing. Maybe medieval-style fantasy games just aren't for me?

Rob3008

BruceCM

Maybe, @Rob3008 .... It might be worth trying a bit longer, though! Once you get into Velen, things get more interesting?

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

MarioVillager92

Apportal wrote:

• I can't stand Pokemon.

@Apportal You and me both, I don't like Pokemon that much either. The show is even worse...

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

Rexenoboy

@MarioLover92 @Apportal
Pokémon doesn't interest me either. I played a bit of Blue and a bit of Silver back in the GB days but could never get into them. Also, the franchise got stale after the third gen. How are so many people still playing these games when so little about them has changed over the decades? Sword and Shield in particular looks like an incompetently made indie game. Yet, it's the best selling Pokémon game since Red and Blue. I don't get it.

Treasure Acquired

Anti-Matter

@Rexenoboy @MarioLover92
I was curious with Pokemon games on 2013 and bought Pokemon X but after 1 year I felt not really interested so i sold it on year 2014.
But, after several years later I regretted and repurchased Pokemon X on year 2017 as i built new interest with Pokemon games despite in my honest opinion, Pokemon games were too archaic for Turn based JRPG games compared with other Mon games like Digimon and Monster Rancher.
I added more Pokemon games (Sun, Ultra Moon, Alpha Sapphire, Omega Ruby, Let's Go Pikachu, Sword) just for curiosity and have finished the storyline for Alpha Sapphire and Sword.
I am not really a huge fan of Pokemon but still i have some interest with certain Pokemons.

Anti-Matter

MarioVillager92

@Rexenoboy Yeah I played a fair amount of Pokemon games (I remember playing Red, Gold, Sapphire, and Diamond way back when) and I didn't really get into them, even back then. Also, now that I've played other RPGs like Chrono Trigger, Xenoblade Chronicles, and even Paper Mario, Pokemon just feels...limiting to me. I didn't like how battles worked either (only 4 attacks per Pokemon, 1-on-1 battles in most cases, sometimes the enemy attacks first, and there's like a bajillion attack types). The last one I played was Sun (regular, not Ultra Sun), and yeah I'm still not a big fan. Some of the dialogue in that game is a little too sappy for me, as well. Not gonna get Sword or Shield anytime soon if at all, I can tell you that. lol

Edit: Just wanted to clarify that I never played Black/White, X/Y, or any other game in between Diamond/Pearl and Sun/Moon.

Edited on by MarioVillager92

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

jump

I don’t understand why Batman Arkham Origins is treated like the red headed step child from the series. It has some of the best boss fights from the entire series.

Arkham Knights should be hidden away in its place, the most obvious plot twist possible and the forced contestant use of the Batmobile did my head in with that game.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

kkslider5552000

jump wrote:

I don’t understand why Batman Arkham Origins is treated like the red headed step child from the series. It has some of the best boss fights from the entire series.

Because the combat somehow plays worse despite not having dramatic differences from the previous game

Because "every first thing ever in Batman's career happened in one night" is contrived as hell storytelling

Because the Joker really, really didn't need to be in the game longer than that one part in the middle (which IS a fantastic part of that game, probably the highlight of the story)

Because the larger city makes the game feel bloated and needlessly large compared to the much better paced City

Because a Riddler trophy got bugged and disappeared from existence, thus preventing me from getting them all

Because you're not going to cast replacements for Kevin Conroy and Mark Hamill, why did they bother with that again?(Troy Baker did his absolute best, to be fair)

I mean, I had some fun with the game, but compared to City, it really comes across as the poor man's version of it.

jump

@kkslider5552000 yeah, City is better than Origins, it’s a stone cold classic after all but I found Origins to be better than Knight which is considered to be part of the true trilogy.

Edited on by jump

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

kkslider5552000

I wouldn't be surprised if Knight is also less than great. What I've heard about it does make it also sound kinda like "City but worse". That's a shame really, since I really loved the first 2 Arkham games.

HobbitGamer

Mass Effect: Andromeda was a good ME game.

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

kkslider5552000

Unpopular opinion because its having two specific opinions at the same time.

One of the things that really annoys me about BOTW discussion is that the valid complaints about Zelda abandoning parts of its long term identity as a series are lumped into far less valid ones that assumes that BOTW is somehow exactly the same as every open world game, just because it took elements from open world games. Because I love BOTW. I hate that running head first into the open world trend was the best and most obvious way to make Zelda more popular, when Zelda long before BOTW was one of the most consistently great game series in the world and much better than most open world games could ever hope to be. I really, really hate that so many large companies are too cowardly to make anything remotely like Zelda anymore, when its such a brilliant template to use to potentially make countless amazing games. And I still love BOTW.

mikegamer

Star Fox Adventures is a Star Fox game and a very good one at that.

mikegamer

LilMuku

Brawl was the last good Smash game
BOTW is horrific
BOTW 2’s teaser trailer has more story than BOTW
The Wii U is vastly better than the Switch
Since X and Y every Pokémon game has been worse than the last
Odyssey is the worst 3D Mario game, alongside Sunshine
New Horizons is a glorified mobile game made by people who have never played a console game before

LilMuku

Switch Friend Code: SW-0302-3731-7145

Anti-Matter

@LilMuku
"New Horizons is a glorified mobile game made by people who have never played a console game before"

No.
I have played ACNL for almost 7 years so basically ACNH was an upgraded version of ACNL with some huge changes.
I knew what should i do in ACNH.
Mobile games what?
You have no idea with what you were talking about.

"The Wii U is vastly better than the Switch"

Really?
Not even the slightest.
Wii U was the worst of Nintendo console in term of games library in physical.
Switch's library consist from 3DS, PS4, mobile, PS3, Wii, Steam, etc.

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

LilMuku

@Anti-Matter its not an upgrade when it has less stuff than LGTTC

LilMuku

Switch Friend Code: SW-0302-3731-7145

jump

My unpopular opinion is I don't like how this thread generally ends being an attack on popular games

Nicolai wrote:

Anti-Matter

@LilMuku
We will see...
ACNH will get more stuffs each seasonal updates.
It designed like that to prevent spoiler of seasonal celebration.
And i have been playing ACNH for more than 405 hours and still keep going.
Definitely not a bad game as you think.

Anti-Matter

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic