Forums

Topic: Unpopular Gaming Opinions

Posts 7,021 to 7,040 of 12,088

diwdiws

@NEStalgia what he said was that for the pros its a race for your build order. What im saying is that its not because

1. Most likely in a mirror match 2 pros will finish their builds at the same time, so how is it a race?

2. Builds Arent the only thing that wins you matches because believe it or not you can win even if you are behind thru micro and efficient trades.

So again, how is SC2 just a race for your builds?

Edited on by diwdiws

diwdiws

dionysos283

I'm not sure how controversial this ist, but I really don't like the Joycons.
They are completely unergonomic and the buttons / analogue sticks are way to small to properly control any game. I can't play regular handheld mode for longer than 10min, because my hands start to cramp. The same, when I use detached Joycons. They just don't fit my medium-sized hands, so that I could hold them comfortably for extended time periods. The Joycon-grip improves the cramping, but the buttons and analogue sticks are still to small. I never really feel in control of my game with them.That's why I bought a Pro Controller 4 days after getting the Switch, and basically never used the Joycons ever since.

What are your experiences with the Joycons?

dionysos283

Anti-Matter

@dionysos283
I like Joy Cons design.
It felt fit on my big hands.
The only i dislike are drifting issue and not fit to play Street Fighter games.

Anti-Matter

jump

Anti-Matter wrote:

dionysos283
I like Joy Cons design.
It felt fit on my big hands.
The only i dislike are drifting issue and not fit to play Street Fighter games.

You play Street Fighter!? I'm really surprised by that as you consider Splatoon too violent to play.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Anti-Matter

@jump
I knew about Street Fighter II since i was kid from my cousin who have SNES and that game.
The things why did i accept Street Fighter but not accepting Splatoon due to different violence perspective.
Street Fighter is fighting game. I knew the classic one still have Mild blood but still tolerable to watch. But for Splatoon, the problem is the shooting mode in the game completely brought my hatred memory of rated 18+ shooter games. It looked very similar, just swap the grittiness with painting splash. And the way to play also similar with Fortnite, something that i still not tolerate. Kill or being killed. Completely hell no for me.
But why did i accept Ratchet & Clank that looked very similar with Splatoon except use non painting weapons?
Because the violence perspective that i felt completely different with Splatoon. It still cartoonish violence but the way i used the weapons have different meaning for me. I felt the weapon usage on Ratchet & Clank more like self defense rather than being a game like Splatoon or Fortnite.

It hard to explain but i have opened up my mind a little bit with some cartoonish shooter games such as Ratchet & Clank and Metroid Prime Federation Force 3DS.
It took very long time before i really engaged with those two games.

@Link-Hero
The reason why did i like kickboxing for two reasons: discipline and sexiness.
I like kickboxing not for merely violence during the match. It same as Karate or Judo that still have some violence but not for hurting too much. It's about being discipline, firm and never give up.
And the second reason was my natural interest about six pack dudes.
Six pack dudes + kickboxing outfits = OMG... 😍
Don't blame me for liking six pack dudes.
I have that unusual interest since from Kindergarten.
Ah, yeah... My Mom have played VHS with compilation of movie demo by Betahifi with Rocky III opening on it. My first love of Boxing and Kickboxing begun from that VHS video.

Anti-Matter

jump

Anti-Matter wrote:

I knew about Street Fighter II since i was kid from my cousin who have SNES and that game.
The things why did i accept Street Fighter but not accepting Splatoon due to different violence perspective.
Street Fighter is fighting game. I knew the classic one still have Mild blood but still tolerable to watch. But for Splatoon, the problem is the shooting mode in the game completely brought my hatred memory of rated 18+ shooter games. It looked very similar, just swap the grittiness with painting splash. And the way to play also similar with Fortnite, something that i still not tolerate. Kill or being killed. Completely hell no for me.
But why did i accept Ratchet & Clank that looked very similar with Splatoon except use non painting weapons?
Because the violence perspective that i felt completely different with Splatoon. It still cartoonish violence but the way i used the weapons have different meaning for me. I felt the weapon usage on Ratchet & Clank more like self defense rather than being a game like Splatoon or Fortnite.

And the second reason was my natural interest about six pack dudes.
Six pack dudes + kickboxing outfits = OMG... 😍
Don't blame me for liking six pack dudes.

I'm not really following your logic as Street Fighter is about being the aggressor as you're required to beat the other fighter to win. Whilst you can make a distinction about defending and attacking with shooters Splatoon offers more tactics as you can choose to not engage in fighting at all and simply focus on painting areas to win. The single player mode is much like having to defend yourself like the game you mentioned.

That's pervy. It reminds me of those guys who only watch women's tennis for the up skirts.

Edited on by jump

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Losermagnet

Lighten up folks. Its an unpopular gaming opinion forum. There's nothing inherently wrong with thinking martial arts is sexy. Don't kink shame.

That said I don't follow why street fighter violence is okay, but splatoon violence is not okay. Has it even been established if what inklings are doing is "violent"? Does it hurt them to be splatted? Seems more like a balloon fight. I suppose it's analogous to kids using guns....which is a pretty bad idea...but I think they manage to avoid the likeness.

Switch friend code: SW-2223-7827-8798
Give me a heads-up if you're going to send a request please.

Noble_Haltmann

Here's an unpopular opinion: I think The Origami King is gonna be more enjoyable than TTYD.

It's shocking, I know

One of two people in the world who thinks Sunshine is the best Mario game.

kkslider5552000

Noble_Haltmann wrote:

Here's an unpopular opinion: I think The Origami King is gonna be more enjoyable than TTYD.

It's shocking, I know

I think it could've been, but its apparent they decided "basic rules of good JRPGs don't matter" again for the benefit of literally no one playing it so...shrugs

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Losermagnet

@kkslider5552000 is it a JRPG anymore? I feel like since, debatabley, Super Paper Mario it hasn't been. The battle system is the remaining characteristic it has from that genre.

My personal opinion is that I think it could be fun. Somehow, TTYD is the only Paper Mario I havent played so I can't compare the two. However, TOK looks a lot like Color Splash and the only thing I didn't like about that game was the asinine battle system.

Switch friend code: SW-2223-7827-8798
Give me a heads-up if you're going to send a request please.

Anti-Matter

@Link-Hero
Chills.
Don't talk to me like i was the villain to you.
Again, about kickboxing.
Think from different view.
Even some kids have been taught by kickboxing technique at same places.
Their parents don't even worried about their kids being taught by a sport who is well known with violence. Do you think kickboxing has to be about violence all the time ? The answer is No.
Maybe the kids has been taught with kickboxing technique for Cardio workout or for being professional kickboxer. You can see from Youtube there are some kids who have refined their kickboxing skill at younger age.
And if you see the way i portray boxing / kickboxing from my drawing are not about being extreme violence, but instead i portray them as a cute sport with aesthetic purpose instead of violence purpose.
Do they still fight ? Yes, but in tolerable violence level for kids so it will looks like the violence level on some superhero cartoons.
Think about other games that have Boxing inside. Let's say Wii Sports, Sports Champions 2 PS3, Animal Boxing NDS, Tokyo 2020, Mario & Sonic games, Ape Escape, Animal Crossing, etc. They way the games portrayed about Boxing was not about being very bloody violence, right?
It has Boxing on it as well known as violence sport but do they have to show some blood and cruel fighting? Nope.
And that's why i accept Boxing and Kickboxing by the way like that, make it family friendly and it will be fine.

And to explain why did i accept the violence level from Street Fighter and Kickboxing but still cannot accept the violence level on Splatoon, that was because whenever i saw Splatoon gameplay it always throw me to flashback of gritty rated 18+ shooter games. I have been traumatized with those gritty scenes when i was young. Only the games like Splatoon and Fortnite that i will never accept for being killed or kill, the gameplay style that i still couldn't accept.
But why did i accept Ratchet & Clank and Metroid Prime Federation Force instead ?
It might sounds crazy but they tasted like very surprising chili that have interesting taste yet still spicy. Their violence level was felt different with Splatoon or Fortnite. I dare myself to engage with those games despite i was still not really comfort with them at the first time since it was like i quit from my comfort zone. Though luck if i can approved those games since i will not approved any other shooter games unless it has something charming and unusual vibes from them and surprisingly matched with my taste.

And please do not ask me to find psychologist.
I'm positive happy with my current condition.
My current condition was actually my guardian angel that protecting me to not touching any gritty rated 18 games.
Let my traumatic experiences become a strong filter to choose the best games for me.
I will not try to be like you that accept any kind of games regardless of age rating.
You will be you and i will be me.
That's make peoples like a rainbow.

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

BabyYoda71

Anti-Matter wrote:

@Link-Hero
Chills.
Again, about kickboxing.
Their parents don't even worried about their kids being taught by a sport who is well known with violence. Do you think kickboxing has to be about violence all the time ? The answer is No.
Maybe the kids has been taught with kickboxing technique for Cardio workout or for being professional kickboxer. You can see from Youtube there are some kids who have refined their kickboxing skill at younger age.
And if you see the way i portray boxing / kickboxing from my drawing are not about being extreme violence, but instead i portray them as a cute sport with aesthetic purpose instead of violence purpose.
Do they still fight ? Yes, but in tolerable violence level for kids so it will looks like the violence level on some superhero cartoons.
Think about other games that have Boxing inside. Let's say Wii Sports, Sports Champions 2 PS3, Animal Boxing NDS, Tokyo 2020, Mario & Sonic games, Ape Escape, Animal Crossing, etc. They way the games portrayed about Boxing was not about being very bloody violence, right?
It has Boxing on it as well known as violence sport but do they have to show some blood and cruel fighting? Nope.
And that's why i accept Boxing and Kickboxing by the way like that, make it family friendly and it will be fine.

And to explain why did i accept the violence level from Street Fighter and Kickboxing but still cannot accept the violence level on Splatoon, that was because whenever i saw Splatoon gameplay it always throw me to flashback of gritty rated 18+ shooter games. I have been traumatized with those gritty scenes when i was young. Only the games like Splatoon and Fortnite that i will never accept for being killed or kill, the gameplay style that i still couldn't accept.
But why did i accept Ratchet & Clank and Metroid Prime Federation Force instead ?
It might sounds crazy but they tasted like very surprising chili that have interesting taste yet still spicy. Their violence level was felt different with Splatoon or Fortnite. I dare myself to engage with those games despite i was still not really comfort with them at the first time since it was like i quit from my comfort zone. Though luck if i can approved those games since i will not approved any other shooter games unless it has something charming and unusual vibes from them and surprisingly matched with my taste.

My current condition was actually my guardian angel that protecting me to not touching any gritty rated 18 games.
Let my traumatic experiences become a strong filter to choose the best games for me.
I will not try to be like you that accept any kind of games regardless of age rating.

Yes, @Link-Hero. All of this. Especially the last part. Stop being a control freak, let us be us.

Heigh Ho Heigh Ho. It’s off to work (from home) I go.

Alpha-2002

Here's one I think is gonna get some flack: Direct or no Direct, Nintendo is going to be just fine. It's true that the Switch's upcoming first-party lineup post-Origami King is ( as of now ) absolutely pathetic. It is also true that Bakugan can in no way compete with Halo or Spider-Man: Miles Morales in terms of hype. However, all of this comes with one giant asterisk: Nintendo already has more than enough money for the year. This is due to New Horizons selling like crack cocaine around the world, with the official tally sitting at 13.41 million around the world as of MAY. Assuming all local prices are equal to $60 US, that means revenue of $804 million was achieved IN THREE MONTHS.

So, yeah, a new Direct is nice... but, if sales keep up like this, Ninty won't really need one.

Edited on by Alpha-2002

Alpha-2002

BabyYoda71

@Alpha-2002 NIntendo never needs Directs. They can just Oragami King and shadow drop games. We, the picky, needy fans, just can’t be happy without them. 😉

Heigh Ho Heigh Ho. It’s off to work (from home) I go.

kkslider5552000

the Devolver Direct had a joke about how hype and trailers and hype are the real focus of gaming while the actual games are just a side effect. And the Nintendo Direct drought of 2020 has slowly made me feel that's exactly how they're treated. I like Nintendo Directs too, but some people don't actually get that they mostly just exist to...market the game to you. The games will still be made regardless, so it doesn't especially matter if there's been a lack of Directs.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

diwdiws

Anti-Matter wrote:

@Link-Hero
Chills.
Again, about kickboxing.

Nope

diwdiws

rockodoodle

I have enjoyed Nintendo's mobile and tablet games. I think Mario Run is worth every penny of the $10 asking price. I hope they come out with a game or two every year.

rockodoodle

Blad

Also, didn’t really like PSI Escape 2 so far.

Blad

Switch Friend Code: SW-8345-2077-2420 | 3DS Friend Code: 4270-6739-1319 | My Nintendo: Coolcario | Nintendo Network ID: K-Star

iKhan

@rockodoodle

I can't justify spending a dime on a single player mobile game I can't play offline. Literally the only time I play mobile games is in settings where I don't have data available. Otherwise I have better things to do.

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

rockodoodle

iKhan wrote:

@rockodoodle

I can't justify spending a dime on a single player mobile game I can't play offline. Literally the only time I play mobile games is in settings where I don't have data available. Otherwise I have better things to do.

Yeah, I really don’t get the online requirement. And I can see how this game is not for everyone. I just think it’s fun and a good little time killer when I don’t have my Switch. That’s how I feel about the other games too. I only wish Nintendo gave a full purchase option on the other games too. But I have enjoyed what they have done.

rockodoodle

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic