Forums

Topic: Unpopular Gaming Opinions

Posts 6,961 to 6,980 of 12,088

BabyYoda71

@LetsaGO @NEStalgia Oh boy, I don’t want Level 2 then. I enjoy the game a lot. I just think it’s not quite as good as everyone says it is.

Heigh Ho Heigh Ho. It’s off to work (from home) I go.

NEStalgia

@BabyYoshi12 as long as you enjoy it, that's what counts. And yeah, the single player is kind of an unrelated cool platformer that's not like the regular game. I have known others that suck at the campaign but can enjoy the online (i won't say they're good at the online, but can play and have fun)

With any game where you have to practice to get better though, it's hard to say if the game is good or overrated etc until you've started approaching the upper skill bracket. Since an online doesn't have a beginning and end, "getting better"it's more or less progression, so you haven't explored the finer details of weapon use and such yet that makes it so good. Not to say they're aren't flaws, some serious, with the game, but, the overall design really is so tight. Laggy rollers that teleport however.... That's another matter

Edited on by NEStalgia

NEStalgia

BruceCM

I don't say Splatoon's great, since I never played it, @BabyYoshi12 ... Have you played other shooter games? That's probably your problem with it

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

Anti-Matter

I never like the stereotype of being a male gamer.
Just because i am a male it doesn't mean i have to get into the inappropriate shooting games or soccerphilia or non kiddie games.
I would like to be called a female gamer or kiddie gamer as i have natural interest that very opposite as being a male.
I like fashion, girlie things, kiddie stuffs, quirky things but still have interest with masculine things (six pack, boyish looking, sporty outfits)
I felt like i was born in male body but with interest like female.

So, if i can find a male gamer that really hyped by cutesy things and girly stuffs, i will give salute to them.
Dare to crossdressing like drag queen? Double thumbs up from me.

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

BabyYoda71

I don’t play shooters, or any other super-inappropriate games, @BruceCM. I’m a male gamer but like kiddie games and cute games. I don’t necessarily play girly games but I understand @Anti-Matter.

My favourite colour has always been pink, which is normally ‘a girl colour’, but why does it matter? Why does your gender change what your favourite colour, or video game, is?

BruceCM

Cool, just thought that might be why you were having difficulty with it, @BabyYoshi12 .... I've played some single=player games with shooting but that is somewhat different from most of them & I don't like the multiplayer ones

SW-4357-9287-0699

Losermagnet

@Anti-Matter I salute you sir. For the most part, I don't care for guns or glorified killing in my games. I'm a 32 year old dude who will happily play animal crossing all day. I worked at gamestop about 10 to 12 years ago during the xbox 360/ps3/wii generation. It was tough being a Nintendo guy in that environment.

Switch friend code: SW-2223-7827-8798
Give me a heads-up if you're going to send a request please.

BabyYoda71

@BruceCM I’m pretty good at the multiplayer (imagine this in the least bragging way possible) just not at the Story Mode. My point is, the game is fun, I just wouldn’t say it’s the best game on the Switch, or even in the Top 5.

I ranked it #7 on my website, but it probably wouldn’t be in my Top 10 if I had more than 24 games. 😉

Edited on by BabyYoda71

BabyYoda71

Mario Party 10: Everybody says ‘oh, this game is bad and nobody remembers it’. Well, imo, it’s the best Mario Party ever. I own 3 or 4 others on 3DS and they all suck in comparison to 10. I love playing as bowser against my family, admittedly.

kkslider5552000

BabyYoshi12 wrote:

Mario Party 10: Everybody says ‘oh, this game is bad and nobody remembers it’. Well, imo, it’s the best Mario Party ever. I own 3 or 4 others on 3DS

lol low bar

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

1UP_MARIO

BabyYoshi12 wrote:

Mario Party 10: Everybody says ‘oh, this game is bad and nobody remembers it’. Well, imo, it’s the best Mario Party ever. I own 3 or 4 others on 3DS and they all suck in comparison to 10. I love playing as bowser against my family, admittedly.

I can see why you would think mario party 10 is the best entry when you’ve only ever played the 3ds entries

We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.

BabyYoda71

@1UP_MARIO @kkslider5552000 Still, the 3DS ones are worse. We all agree on that. So why aren’t they ‘horrible, forgotten games’ but 9 and 10 are?

1UP_MARIO

@BabyYoshi12 9, 10, island tour star rush. They were all bad but that’s only my opinion

We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.

BabyYoda71

@Link-Hero I can’t tell if this is angled at Anti and me or not, but if it is, a game won’t be fun if you don’t like it. I don’t like shooters, so I won’t enjoy a shooter game so it won’t be my favourite game ever.

BruceCM

That depends, @Link-Hero .... There's some genres that have grown on me, including 3rd person shooters but those are good for single-player content, like Mass Effect Doesn't mean I'd get on as well with multi-player versions of them, let alone something like CoD, since I generally don't like 1st person much
The 1st person games I do manage aren't shooters (Cyberpunk 2077 will have plenty of options for how you deal with things & what weapons you use, if those are your choice)

SW-4357-9287-0699

Dark_Magician

I have Pikmin 3 on the WiiU, and tbh I don't like it that much....

Mancer_X

Losermagnet

@Link-Hero Assuming I'm part of "others", let me clarify: shooters are fine if thats your thing. They're not my thing. Jumping online and figuratively shooting others in the face just doesn't do it for me. I've been there, I've done that, I unlocked the achievement. I don't care for it anymore. If a game doesn't inspire me in some sort of creative way then it will never be a favorite game of mine and, to me, first person shooters are the starch of video games.

Dusk

Losermagnet wrote:

to me, first person shooters are the starch of video games.

I love that description! XD
to add on to the point, I think there's something good to be said about consuming starch. Still, I think everyone must agree that most innovations in gaming do not necessarily come from these genres. For example, there is a increasing trend (I mean, it's practically predominant) to include RPG elements in pretty much everything. Shooters I great, but there's a reason they are mainly popular franchises that contains similar games with a fresh coat of paint. Which is not to say there aren't some absolutely AMAZING shooters, but I don't think any of them shine truly because of their online component (Maybe except Destiny? I'm not sure, honestly not that familiar with the genre besides Bioshock, Borderlands, Doom)

Dusk

Krull

Maybe because this is a Nintendo forum, saying you don’t like shooters isn’t an unpopular opinion here. I’m fairly ambivalent, personally. I’ve played and enjoyed plenty, but they’re never near the top of my shopping list. Never played a CoD. I thought Bioshock was amazing, but it’s an immersive sim as much as an FPS. I’m interested in Borderlands and Metro, but I’ll probably pick up something like Obra Dinn before getting either of those. Maybe if this was a PC forum, there’d be more people pulling the trigger when someone says they don’t like shooters.

Unpopular opinion? Mario Kart is played out. The series is stale, and I’m not surprised there’s no Mario Kart 9, because Nintendo needs to offer more than new tracks or a new type of shell.

It’s not like the game needs more complexity - the simplicity is what makes it successful - but it needs something different while staying accessible and fresh. We need the Breath of the Wild of Mario Karts. What that means, I don’t know. Open world racing? Perhaps a massively multiplayer online open world? Maybe not - I hate online requirements for games - but the whole series needs turning on its head, or the only thing to bring people in is a slightly different combination of corners and prettier graphics.

Switch ID: 5948-6652-1589
3DS ID: 2492-5142-7789

Losermagnet

@Dusk True. I think FPS' have become oversaturated in the last 10 to 15 years, and there's a limit to what you can do in that type of game architecture. The last few years it's been sandbox style games. 25 years ago it would have been 2D platformers that were everywhere and the FPS was new and innovative. The more things change the more they stay the same.

I dig Bioshock and Doom. I guess it comes down to the atmosphere. Racking up kills to win is a meaningless objective to me. Putting me in an outlandish situation where I have to explore and survive gives me more to engage with.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic