Forums

Topic: Unpopular Gaming Opinions

Posts 5,601 to 5,620 of 12,088

NaviAndMii

@Heavyarms55 I dunno...Nintendo needs an 'entry level' system (accessible and cheap) and the 3DS is still covering that base quite nicely - and it's apparently even outsold the Xbox One in 2017, so I doubt they'd be in any rush to kill it off just for killings sake.

I could see them doing what they did with the Wii and WiiU and perhaps pulling support for some of the services (like when they pulled Mario Kart Wii's online, or when they shut down Miiverse on WiiU) to try to not-so-subtly push people on to their newer hardware - but, so long as it's still selling well (and still filling an important niche in the market) there's no real reason to pull production...unless, of course, they effectively replace it with a 'Switch Mini' or something at a similar price point

🎮 Adult Switch Gamers: Thread | Discord | Guilded

Switch Friend Code: SW-0427-7196-3801 | Twitter:

Heavyarms55

@NaviAndMii Yeah I don't mean tomorrow announce "we are done with the 3DS" or anything like that. I would just slowly stop making new first party titles and slowly shift the marketing toward the Switch. Let it fade out, rather than cutting it off. My prediction is that in 2019 we will get 2 new Switch, a more powerful version, and a scaled down entry level version, and around that time they will actually start cutting production of the 3DS, down to one model, and then probably finally end that model after holiday 2020, only selling off the remaining stock.

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

MsJubilee

iLikeUrAttitude wrote:

I think pokemon Sun and Moon is a disappointment and that Ultra Sun and Moon is just a glorified expansion with little added content advertised as a sequel.
I hope pokemon for the Nintendo Switch won't be a let down, Gamefreak needs to take more risks instead of playing it safe all the time.

Ultra is such a lazy cash grab that it shocks me people actually bought it. God help any other company pulling this stunt.

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Watch Dogs 2 & Manhunt

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

NaviAndMii

@Heavyarms55 Yeah, I could definitely see them phasing it out in favour of a 'Switch Mini' or something like that before too long...because mobile/tablet tech moves at such a pace, the cost of many of the Switch's internal components is likely to come down quite rapidly - so it's likely that they'd be able to make a 'Mini' version, with few compromises, at close to the £150ish price point before too long - and something like that'd be an ideal replacement ..but I can totally see why they're keeping the 3DS around for the time being - it's probably been worth them waiting a little while to phase in a replacement for it and, as we've seen, anything that can call itself 'the home of Pokémon' is going to sell regardless! ..there's (a little bit of) life in the old dog yet!

Ralizah

@CreamyDream I mean, it had more technical issues before, but at its core Y-L was still a pretty good game. Unfortunately, once online hate bandwagons start rolling, there's not much you can do to stop them.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Heavyarms55

@NaviAndMii Yup, I fully expect a Switch Mini at some point in the relatively near future. Exactly like you said, this tech moves fast so the cost will go down. We will also likely get a more powerful Switch at the current price tag at the same time or shortly after.

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

iKhan

Pokemon is one of the most anti-consumer franchises Nintendo has a role in. Splitting content across two games, inventing on-disc DLC with event Pokemon (it's free, but it's still on-disc DLC), only having one save file so you have to buy multiple games, withholding content until subsequent games within a generation, and rereleasing the same game with more features a year later. It started out with noble intentions, but eventually it became something more sinister.

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

LzWinky

With global trade, the whole version thing loses its purpose anyway.

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

-Green-

Not if your a poor little kid who's family can't afford consistent internet. Besides, if Global trade made it irrelevant than they should let people have multiple saves then.

I agree with iKhan for the most part. As a foreve fan of Pokemon, it annoys me to see them do such things and 'getting away' with it. It's one of the few cases where I feel that if another person did a similar practice today, they would get a lot more slack, and honestly Pokemon really should be held for higher standards considering just how huge it is.

Edited on by -Green-

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

kkslider5552000

Tbh, I have no idea why you would you buy multiple versions of the same game when you could just play different video games instead. Like the more good games I see, the less logical it is to even bother. And I didn't even bother when I was a kid. Crystal, nah I already put 100s of hours in Silver, I'm good. goes to play Dragon Warrior Monsters 2, which is an actual different video game

no one actually cares if you got all the pokemons. like no one

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Yasaal

Here's my unpopular opinion. Super Mario Odyssey felt boring. It isn't much different from Galaxy and 3d World. Although I bought it just a few days after release I felt bored quite quickly and found myself going for the then-recently bought Fire Emblem Warriors. I tried again to get into the game but it still barely felt fun. The Zelda DLC 2 came along and I jumped ship there and after finishing it for a third time tried Odyssey. Still boring.

It didn't feel new to me. I already found the Galaxy series superior to Odyssey as well as 3d World (which I regard as my no 1 3d Mario game).

Currently Watching: Psycho-Pass

Currently Playing: -

My Nintendo: Yasaal | Nintendo Network ID: Yasaal | Twitter:

Ralizah

Yasaal wrote:

Here's my unpopular opinion. Super Mario Odyssey felt boring. It isn't much different from Galaxy and 3d World.

I mean, not liking it as much as other Mario games is fine (I still regard Galaxy as the superior 3D Mario game), but SMO is NOTHING like Galaxy/3D World. At all.

-Green-

@Snaplocket Hopefully, but knowing them, they'll probably figure a way around it.

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

SharkAttackU

Snaplocket wrote:

I want to see a new Mario kart on the Switch despite there already being 8 Deluxe. I don't think the Wii U's failure excuse's there being no new Mario Kart or Smash.

I seriously doubt we see another Mario Kart on Switch, given how well 8D has done. It splits the player base. Has there ever been 2 Karts on any Nintendo system?

Smash will come. It's a given.

SharkAttackU

Buizel

A new one from me:

Crash Bandicoot is not a good game.
Maybe I'm getting the wrong end of the stick here, and maybe Crash 2 and 3 vastly improve on the original (I've never played these), but after many attempts to play the original, and after a recent attempt to play through the remaster, I fail to get what people see in this game. While I do have some fun with the game, for the most part I find it to be a frustrating experience with clunky controls and fairly harsh level design. The original also has the problem of sporadic saving. One could argue that its a product of the time, but this was also a time where we had the likes of Mario 64 and Donkey Kong Country, and a couple of years before Spyro the Dragon, which are all vastly better experiences IMO. And I have nothing against Naughty Dog either - Jak and Uncharted are some of my favourite game series of all time.

Edited on by Buizel

At least 2'8".

NaviAndMii

@Buizel Yeah, I seem to remember Crash 2 being quite a lot better than the original - that's the one that stands out from my childhood at least - but I'm inclined to agree that there were better platformers to be found on the rival console (N64) ..moving through a '3D' space using just a D-Pad was less than ideal - and the level design of Crash games was never a patch on anything from Mario 64 etc (that game set the bar incredibly high to be fair!) - but there was still a lot of fun to be had! ..I really liked the characters and the overall 'vibe' of the games - and I always had a blast whenever I went round to a friends house to play one of them - but I think that the N64 always had the better end of the deal as far as platformers are concerned

(I feel the same about Crash Team Racing - fun game, for sure, but not on a level with Mario Kart 64 or Diddy Kong Racing - the Crash series offered decent substitutes for some of the N64's 'big hitters', but nothing on a par with the 'real thing'...there were other genres of game where the PSX had the edge, but the N64 was certainly more the 'go to' console if you were in to platformers/cutesy racers/party games/local multiplayer as far as I'm concerned)

Edited on by NaviAndMii

Buizel

@NaviAndMii It's an alright enough game, and I can see why a few might enjoy it (especially given lack of other options on PS1 at the time), I'm just a bit baffled by its legacy. Again, it could be that the sequels are a bigger factor and I've not played those so can't comment!

Edited on by Buizel

At least 2'8".

LuckyLand

Crash Bandicoot 2 and 3 are a lot better than the first one, I expecially like Crash 2 but Crash 3 is very good too. Most Nintendo platformers are better of course but Rare's Donkey Kong country games were in my opinion a lot worse than Crash 2 and 3. In my opinion Crash games have a very similar feeling to Donkey Kong country ones, but they were more polished and satisfying (except of course the fantastic games made by Retro Studios but we are talking f a completely different time period now).
Of course Super Mario and Banjo & Kazooie and other Nintendo games were much better than Crash but Crash was good anyway.. And Crash 2 was even more pleasant to watch than Mario 64 (of course thanks to the fact that the point of view was always predefined)

Edited on by LuckyLand

I used to be a ripple user like you, then I took The Arrow in the knee

Ralizah

@Buizel I agree. The Crash Bandicoot games are SERIOUSLY flawed. Of the original trilogy, only the second one is any fun to play these days. The first has aged particularly horribly, and the third is filled with awful level gimmicks. And all three games suffer from stiff controls and gross level design.

Also, those levels where you're running TOWARD the screen really suck. Who thought that would be a good idea?

I'd rather play Gex or Croc than Crash Bandicoot 1 or Warped, to be perfectly honest.

Edited on by Ralizah

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic