Forums

Topic: The NintendoLife VGM Tournament: Best City / Urban Theme (Round Two)

Posts 941 to 960 of 1,556

Dogorilla

These are tough choices, every single one of these is a banger

"Remember, Funky's the Monkey!"

Funky Kong

ThePirateCaptain

ThePirateCaptain

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2096-8169 | Nintendo Network ID: Capn_Pancakes

BabyYoda71

The first one was hard because they both have similar themes, but I voted for Mystery Dungeon. Then for the last three, I voted Vega’s Theme, Mii Channel and Groose. (As much as I love Mii Channel, I really hope it doesn’t win, because in my head it’s not a character theme.

Heigh Ho Heigh Ho. It’s off to work (from home) I go.

ThePirateCaptain

ThePirateCaptain

Fizza

Oh god we're getting into the final stretch now 0_0

My votes went towards Theme of Samus (I love ya Gummy, but this is a fantastic song), Godot, Partner and Groose. These selections are getting really difficult now.

Currently MIA for exams; see you all in a bit! o7
Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: YT1-0Q2-YFF
Please ask for permission before using my FC!
Currently Playing: Yoshi's Story (N64)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3505-5480-3330 | Twitter:

kkslider5552000

Samus' theme in Dread and the Gumshoe theme are both 10/10. They are perfect at what they are going for. This is more arguable for the former since its just an update of a song that exists, but you could try to make 100 songs to fit what they are going for in those games and it would almost certainly be worse than these every single time.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

BabyYoda71

I knew this was the round it would become unfairly difficult… the first one was hardest, but I went with Detective Gumshoe, because I like it slightly more. The Fragrance of Black Coffee on the next one. I voted Partner’s theme because it sounds like Undertale to me (I just found out all the Undertale ones lost, which is… surprising). And then, of course, I’m hoping Groose’s Theme wins, so I voted that.

Edited on by BabyYoda71

ThePirateCaptain

Entering the penultimate round we have Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney with the tiebreaker at 4-4, Ace Attorney: Trials and Tribulations at 6-2, Final Fantasy IX at 5-3, and Skyward Sword at 6-3.
Link to the bracket

Semifinal Round

Detective Gumshoe, Pal - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney vs. The Fragrance of Black Coffee (Godot’s Theme) - Ace Attorne...

Vote here

Rose of May (Beatrix’s Theme) - Final Fantasy IX vs. Groose’s Theme - The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

Vote here

Edited on by ThePirateCaptain

ThePirateCaptain

Eel

Whats with gumshoe winning tie breakers huh

It’s almost in-character for the song.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

BabyYoda71

ARGGHHH IT’S SO HARD
Both of those Phoenix Wright songs are soooo good, but I voted The Fragrance of Black Coffee because it’s the one that’s better throughout the whole song, in my opinion. I think throughout this competition, it’s become my favourite Phoenix Wright song (Maya Fey’s Theme was my favourite previously).

Groose

kkslider5552000

Both of these are basically "music to trick your friends into thinking you have sophisticated tastes and/or are rich" vs. "your favorite goofball is here!" Both of these are hard choices though tbh

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Dogorilla

Gumshoe was one of my nominations IIRC, but I would have nominated Godot if nobody else had done and I think it's the better track so I voted for Godot here.

Surprised Groose has got this far. It's fine but nothing special to me, but I'm glad a lot of people seem to like it.

Funky Kong

Eel

I do feel gumshoe's theme is more recognizable as just the generic theme that plays during investigations... So I have a bit of difficulty relating it to the character of Gumshoe.

So for that I also prefer Godot's.

Groose's theme is just really funny, and it fits him perfectly too.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

BabyYoda71

@Dogorilla Groose’s Theme is, in my opinion, the (2nd) greatest song from a video game I know, so I really hope it wins, because all my favourites in the previous tournaments have been in the Top 4 but not won.
(My favourite song is Kakariko Village from LttP/OoT, but that’s not a very popular song, I just personally love it)

Dogorilla

@BabyYoda71 Kakariko Village is a great one! Again I'm a bit surprised to hear such a high opinion of Groose's theme, but it seems the majority of people like it a lot.

Funky Kong

Dogorilla

@Eel Oh I like that version more! Though I'm not sure I would have recognised it as a version of Groose's theme without hearing them side by side

Funky Kong

Dogorilla

@Eel That must be the version that will play if Groose's theme doesn't win the tournament

Funky Kong

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic