Forums

Topic: The NintendoLife VGM Tournament: Best City / Urban Theme (Round Two)

Posts 921 to 940 of 1,556

ThePirateCaptain

I forgot to mention that I would be away on vacation but I’m back now so let’s continue on with the third round! Results from the last matchups saw Metroid Dread come out on top at 4-3, Ace Attorney Investigations 2 at 3-2, Silent Hill 2 at 4-2, Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney at 4-3, and Super Mario 3D World at 4-3.
Link to the bracket

Round 3

Fallen Down (Toriel’s Theme) - Undertale vs. The Fragrance of Black Coffee (Godot’s Theme) - Ace Attorne...

Vote here

Doll Eyes (Cammy’s Theme) - Street Fighter Alpha 3 vs. Xion’s Theme - Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days

Vote here

Dark Pit’s Theme - Kid Icarus: Uprising vs. Revival of the Prosecutor (Kazuma Asogi’s Theme) - The Grea...

Vote here

Kefka’s Theme - Final Fantasy VI vs. Olivia’s Plea - Paper Mario: The Origami King

Vote here

Professor Layton’s Theme - Professor Layton and the Curious... vs. Partner’s Theme - Pokémon Super Mystery Dungeon

Vote here

Edited on by ThePirateCaptain

ThePirateCaptain

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2096-8169 | Nintendo Network ID: Capn_Pancakes

BabyYoda71

For me, Fallen Down (I’m the only one? Really?), Cammy, Dark Pit, Olivia’s Plea and Partner’s Theme (Professor Layton’s theme’s link is to a deleted video, fyi)

Heigh Ho Heigh Ho. It’s off to work (from home) I go.

Fizza

God Dark Pit vs Kazuma's Theme is such a brutally hard decision since I think they're some of the most iconic songs of the 3DS era. I went with Kazuma myself (in addition to Cammy, Godot and PMD Partner) for having the most personal impact on me but jesus was this round tough.

Currently MIA for exams; see you all in a bit! o7
Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: YT1-0Q2-YFF
Please ask for permission before using my FC!
Currently Playing: Castlevania Bloodlines (Mega Drive)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3505-5480-3330 | Twitter:

Fizza

@BabyYoda71 Fallen Down is an absolutely excellent song (especially for how short it is), but it's very hard to stop the suave coffee man's theme, I think you'll probably agree.
Untitled

BabyYoda71

@Fizza Yeah for all songs for Fallen Down to lose too, that one’s one of my favourites.

kkslider5552000

Toriel's theme is nearly bottom tier by Undertale standards while Godot's theme is very much top tier by Ace Attorney standards.

I do still think Godot's theme is still a lot better, but it doesn't help that one is widely considered one of the best songs of an entire series, and another is probably very rarely considered that for merely its one game.

Similiarly, and I might've said this before also, but Linebeck's theme is helped a lot by being in the worst Zelda soundtrack, which helps makes it look even better by comparison.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Dogorilla

How is Layton losing by so much? I honestly thought that one would get to the final.

"Remember, Funky's the Monkey!"

Funky Kong

ThePirateCaptain
Fizza

@Eel As someone who's going to be playing Skyward Sword for the very first time soon, I am absolutely ecstatic to see Groose for the first time as well. I know the exact voice I'm giving him and I cannot wait to do it.

As for my own picks, I went with Rose of May, Vega's Theme (though I will not be mad in the slightest if Aerith's Theme wins out), Kapp'n's Theme, Calem/Serena's Theme, Mipha's Theme and Groose's Theme (I love Julius Belmont's Theme as well, but it's hard to beat the Groose when said Groose is loose).

BabyYoda71

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Toriel's theme is nearly bottom tier by Undertale standards

OW

Luma, Aerith, Kapp’n, Mii Channel, Queen and Groose for me… most of my favourite Undertale/Deltarune songs have or are losing, so Groose is pretty much who I’m cheering for right now.

kkslider5552000

BabyYoda71 wrote:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Toriel's theme is nearly bottom tier by Undertale standards

OW

Yeah this came across harsher than I meant it. Undertale's soundtracks is legitimately an all time great video game soundtrack, I refuse to believe otherwise. The Toriel theme is merely good, which is unquestionably below the average song quality of the songs in the game.

To bring it back to Phantom Hourglass again, it is a bottom-tier Zelda game but I still liked it overall.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Dogorilla

Untitled

Funky Kong

Fizza

@Dogorilla Sad Layton hours.

Also, you've painfully reminded me how much I want to play this series, even though the company who created it is as radio-silent in the West these days as a graveyard. I'm slightly tempted to just pick up a used 3DS online and play it that way because, unlike a series he later crossed over with, it doesn't seem we'll be getting any re-releases anytime soon.

BabyYoda71

@kkslider5552000 That’s how I feel about other Undertale songs… but Fallen Down is my favourite song from it. I guess in “quality” it’s less good, but I like it for its simplicity.

Dogorilla

@Fizza That honestly might be worth doing if you don't have a 3DS. The first few Layton games are on mobile at least but whether the later ones will ever be rereleased is up in the air, and even if they do I think the Ace Attorney crossover will probably stay exclusive to the 3DS. Plus there are so many other great games on the system that may never come to Switch or anything else.

Funky Kong

ThePirateCaptain

ThePirateCaptain

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2096-8169 | Nintendo Network ID: Capn_Pancakes

BabyYoda71

I voted Theme of Samus, Theme of Laura (that song’s still amazing), Fragarance of Black Coffee (that one was hard though) and Dark Pit.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic