Forums

Topic: The NintendoLife VGM Tournament: Best City / Urban Theme (Round Two)

Posts 901 to 920 of 1,556

Krull

Philistinism and Dark Pit are my two favourite songs in that bracket - and they’re up against each other! Go figure.

Switch ID: 5948-6652-1589
3DS ID: 2492-5142-7789

ThePirateCaptain
Fizza

I always liked how Lusamine's encounter theme showed off the compassionate side of her whilst also subtley hinting at her heel turn with those off notes......but I'm sorry you just can't beat Kazuma's Theme, far and away one of the best character themes in a series KNOWN for good character themes. I've actually playing through Resolve as we speak so this hits doubly hard as a result.

Currently MIA for exams; see you all in a bit! o7
Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: YT1-0Q2-YFF
Please ask for permission before using my FC!
Currently Playing: Castlevania Bloodlines (Mega Drive)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3505-5480-3330 | Twitter:

BabyYoda71

This one was tough because there’s lots of great songs. I went with Ace Attorney, Masked Dedede, Olivia’s Plea, Proffesor Layton and Partner’s Theme.

It’s sort of unfortunate that both Dedede songs were in the same round, because Return to Dreamland is sort of just a rearrangement, that isn’t quite as good. In the first round, I didn’t even notice they were similar, and I wouldn’t have in this one either.

Heigh Ho Heigh Ho. It’s off to work (from home) I go.

ThePirateCaptain
BabyYoda71

I’m the only one who’s voted Kapp’n’s Theme yet? That’s crazy!

Anti-Matter

Here we go.
I have voted two DDR EXTREME songs.

Anti-Matter

StarPoint

A Wish is going all the way, baby!

"Science compels us to explode the sun!"

Currently playing:

Persona 3 Reload (PC)
Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney Trilogy (PC)

Fizza

THE LEGEND HIMSELF FINALLY MAKES HIS APPEARANCE.
Untitled
But yeah, I voted for Herlock Sholmes, A Wish, Vega (the best Street Fighter character theme and you can't change my mind) and Kapp'n's Theme. The selection this round is fantastic all around though.

Also, seeing Vega's theme made me kick myself for not submitting Balrog's Theme from Street Fighter V. That's one of the best modern video game songs I've ever heard yet I somehow managed to completely forget about it during the submission process.

Edited on by Fizza

Currently MIA for exams; see you all in a bit! o7
Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: YT1-0Q2-YFF
Please ask for permission before using my FC!
Currently Playing: Castlevania Bloodlines (Mega Drive)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3505-5480-3330 | Twitter:

NF6429

Now I know nominations are obviously finished for the bracket, but just found Rayman's Theme
This song goes unnecessarily hard, which i knew of its existence when nominations were happening.

NF6429

ThePirateCaptain

ThePirateCaptain

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2096-8169 | Nintendo Network ID: Capn_Pancakes

Anti-Matter

Peoples really don't have good sense of DDR musics. 😩
I'm the only one who keep supporting DDR songs that matched with the tournament theme.

Anti-Matter

ThePirateCaptain
StarPoint

aww, Maya's theme is so good! But I have to vote for World Bowser, it's just such a jam

"Science compels us to explode the sun!"

Currently playing:

Persona 3 Reload (PC)
Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney Trilogy (PC)

BabyYoda71

I forgot to vote last time! Thankfully all the ones I wanted to win won anyway… but who won the third one? It was Amy’s Theme (Sonic) vs. Mipha’s Theme (BotW), but @ThePirateCaptain said Deltarune won?

Anyway, this time, I voted N’s Theme, It’s Pronounced Rules (I’m sort of hoping that one to win now), Theme of Laura, Chrono Trigger and… Maya Fey. I love BOTH of those last two songs, but I don’t really consider World Bowser to be a character theme, so I voted Maya Fey. I wouldn’t be upset if that song won.

ThePirateCaptain

@BabyYoda71
I grouped the tiebreakers together so the results were slightly out of order this time. Mipha’s Theme beat Amy’s Theme.

Gumshoe and Maya’s themes are some of my favorites in the tournament. I forgot how good Ace Attorney music was.

ThePirateCaptain

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2096-8169 | Nintendo Network ID: Capn_Pancakes

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic