Forums

Topic: The NintendoLife VGM Tournament: Best Boss Theme (Round Two)

Posts 661 to 680 of 703

reporterdavid

@ThePirateCaptain Dude! You got a picture from the Pirates ! it stroke me becouse I dubbed (did the voice over) for that movie... in Holland. Sorry just wanted to say that...

Blessed. Voiceactor: Pirates! (Sony/Aardman 2012) - The Passion: A Brickfilm (2019) - Friendcode: SW-3266-3881-2027

ThePirateCaptain

@reporterdavid
No way, that’s awesome! I’ve always had an affinity for pirates so I loved that movie.

ThePirateCaptain

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2096-8169 | Nintendo Network ID: Capn_Pancakes

ThePirateCaptain

ThePirateCaptain

Eel

Tikachikachikachikachikachikachikachikachikachikachikachika

I could listen to that one all day long

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

My dead channel.

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

ValZ

I don't know. Final Fantasy I to VII (& X, those are the only ones that are familiar to me), but those are regular battle themes. For Boss themes, I would probably say Crash I to IV from the Mega Man Zero Series.

ValZ

Switch Friend Code: SW-6847-7433-0890

Dogorilla

You Will Know Our Names is possibly my single favourite video game music track and it's knocked out in round 1, ouch.

Currently Playing:
I don't even know any more, I have so many video games, help me

ThePirateCaptain

@Dogorilla
I think most people are familiar with it because it is such a great song but they’d rather see something newer go on. I’d have to check but I believe we did this theme before when I was running the tournament and it won or at least got to the final rounds.

ThePirateCaptain

Minako

I know I nominated it, but technically speaking You Will Know Our Names isn't actually a boss theme, so it's probably for the best it was knocked out.

I'm not a princess
(A lot of anger in it)
Not a cutie girlfriend, oh no
don't you know?

Dogorilla

@ThePirateCaptain That makes sense, it's good for lesser known music to make it further into the tournament.

@Minako I'd say it counts as a boss theme if you think of the Unique monsters as minibosses.

Currently Playing:
I don't even know any more, I have so many video games, help me

Minako

@Dogorilla That was my reasoning.

I'm not a princess
(A lot of anger in it)
Not a cutie girlfriend, oh no
don't you know?

kkslider5552000

I had to really think to justify choosing between Wind Waker and Xenoblade 2 in this case. Those songs are exactly as great as each other.

I ultimately went with Wind Waker because there's not a 2nd Nintendo game song (maybe not a 2nd song in gaming at all!) that tries to make epic yet cute battle music that starts with what sounds like someone doing acapella train chugging. While the Xenoblade 2 song sounds like a boss song in a Xenoblade game.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Bioshock Infinite Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy BIOSHOCK < Link to LP

Eel

I also quite like the remix from Hyrule Warriors. Though it tones down the tikachika.

Here it is, just for fun. I didn't nominate this one because it's technically not a boss theme!

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

My dead channel.

ThePirateCaptain

Sorry for the late update. I should be done with finals soon and be able to post more frequently.

The first songs to move on from the second round are Kingdom Hearts II at 6-4, and Sonic Unleashed, Wind Waker, and Hyrule Warriors all winning with tiebreakers.
Link to the bracket

Round 2

Boss Battle - Paper Mario: The Oragami King vs. Big Top Bop - Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze

Vote here

Climactic Battle - Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles IV: Turtles i... vs. Battle B2 - Shin Megami Tensei IV

Vote here

Boss Battle Theme - Chrono Cross vs. Shambhala (Rain) - Fire Emblem: Three Houses

Vote here

Dad Battle - Friday Night Funkin Healing-D-Vision / DE-STRAD - Dance Dance Revolution SuperNOVA

Vote here

ThePirateCaptain

Eel

That TMNT song reminds me of... Sans.

The Origami King boss theme reminds me of Splatoon, for some reason. I really liked the music in that game.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

My dead channel.

Anti-Matter

I voted Healing-D-Vision.

Top 8 Konami's Rhythm games:
1. Dance Dance Revolution
2. Para Para Paradise
3. DrumMania
4. Beatmania IIDX
5. Pop'n Music
6. KeyboardMania
7. Martial Beat
8. DANCE EVOLUTION

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

ThePirateCaptain

ThePirateCaptain

Eel

Hah that’s two where it’s songs I suggested going against another song I suggested.

The Mario RPG VS Resident Evil Saga.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

My dead channel.

kkslider5552000

Well I'm continually told BOTW dOeSnT hAvE mEmOrAbLe MuSiC so clearly it has no chance! :V

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Bioshock Infinite Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy BIOSHOCK < Link to LP

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic