Forums

Topic: The NintendoLife VGM Tournament: Best City / Urban Theme (Round Two)

Posts 661 to 680 of 1,556

Eel

Tikachikachikachikachikachikachikachikachikachikachikachika

I could listen to that one all day long

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

ValZ

I don't know. Final Fantasy I to VII (& X, those are the only ones that are familiar to me), but those are regular battle themes. For Boss themes, I would probably say Crash I to IV from the Mega Man Zero Series.

ValZ

Switch Friend Code: SW-6847-7433-0890

Dogorilla

You Will Know Our Names is possibly my single favourite video game music track and it's knocked out in round 1, ouch.

"Remember, Funky's the Monkey!"

Funky Kong

ThePirateCaptain

@Dogorilla
I think most people are familiar with it because it is such a great song but they’d rather see something newer go on. I’d have to check but I believe we did this theme before when I was running the tournament and it won or at least got to the final rounds.

ThePirateCaptain

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2096-8169 | Nintendo Network ID: Capn_Pancakes

TeaCatherine

I know I nominated it, but technically speaking You Will Know Our Names isn't actually a boss theme, so it's probably for the best it was knocked out.

Currently playing: Metal Gear Solid
Back burner: Hollow Knight, Undertale

Dogorilla

@ThePirateCaptain That makes sense, it's good for lesser known music to make it further into the tournament.

@Minako I'd say it counts as a boss theme if you think of the Unique monsters as minibosses.

"Remember, Funky's the Monkey!"

Funky Kong

TeaCatherine

@Dogorilla That was my reasoning.

Currently playing: Metal Gear Solid
Back burner: Hollow Knight, Undertale

kkslider5552000

I had to really think to justify choosing between Wind Waker and Xenoblade 2 in this case. Those songs are exactly as great as each other.

I ultimately went with Wind Waker because there's not a 2nd Nintendo game song (maybe not a 2nd song in gaming at all!) that tries to make epic yet cute battle music that starts with what sounds like someone doing acapella train chugging. While the Xenoblade 2 song sounds like a boss song in a Xenoblade game.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Eel

I also quite like the remix from Hyrule Warriors. Though it tones down the tikachika.

Here it is, just for fun. I didn't nominate this one because it's technically not a boss theme!

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

ThePirateCaptain

Sorry for the late update. I should be done with finals soon and be able to post more frequently.

The first songs to move on from the second round are Kingdom Hearts II at 6-4, and Sonic Unleashed, Wind Waker, and Hyrule Warriors all winning with tiebreakers.
Link to the bracket

Round 2

Boss Battle - Paper Mario: The Oragami King vs. Big Top Bop - Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze

Vote here

Climactic Battle - Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles IV: Turtles i... vs. Battle B2 - Shin Megami Tensei IV

Vote here

Boss Battle Theme - Chrono Cross vs. Shambhala (Rain) - Fire Emblem: Three Houses

Vote here

Dad Battle - Friday Night Funkin Healing-D-Vision / DE-STRAD - Dance Dance Revolution SuperNOVA

Vote here

ThePirateCaptain

Eel

That TMNT song reminds me of... Sans.

The Origami King boss theme reminds me of Splatoon, for some reason. I really liked the music in that game.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

Anti-Matter

I voted Healing-D-Vision.

Anti-Matter

ThePirateCaptain

ThePirateCaptain

Eel

Hah that’s two where it’s songs I suggested going against another song I suggested.

The Mario RPG VS Resident Evil Saga.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

kkslider5552000

Well I'm continually told BOTW dOeSnT hAvE mEmOrAbLe MuSiC so clearly it has no chance! :V

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Snatcher

Can some one tell me how this works? I missed it last year so I would like to join.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

Eel

@Snatcher right now, you can go ahead and listen to the songs on @ThePirateCaptain’s most recent post and vote for the ones you like the best.

Once this “tournament” ends and a new theme is decided, then you can also nominate songs that fit the theme.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

Snatcher

@Eel OMG, that sounds so fun, why haven't I been apart of this till now LMAO.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

ThePirateCaptain

Votes are in and the victors from this set are Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga at 6-2, Breath of the Wild at 5-2, Paper Mario: The Origami King at 6-2, and Sonic Generations at 5-3.
Link to the bracket

Round 2

An Obstacle in Our Path - Xenoblade Chronicles: Definitive Ed... vs. Crystal King - Paper Mario

Vote here

Death by Glamour - Undertale vs. Kahuna Battle - Pokémon Sun & Moon

Vote here

VS Cipher Admin - Pokémon Colosseum vs. Decisive Battle - Final Fantasy VI

Vote here

The Verge of Death (Rain) - Fire Emblem: Three Houses vs. Decisive Battle II - Octopath Traveller

Vote here

Edited on by ThePirateCaptain

ThePirateCaptain

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic