Forums

Topic: The NintendoLife VGM Tournament: Best City / Urban Theme (Round Two)

Posts 421 to 440 of 1,556

TestudoVilis

@BabyYoda71 Temple, or (ancient) building are the main two I suppose, considering that's the main setting of the level it plays in. I guess "remix of a different song" works too if that's a tournament theme in the future — for the original version, check out the song, Quiet and Falling. It's a very different and slower song, more ambient, but both are fantastic in their own right. Quiet and Falling is actually my favorite song in the entire OST I'd say!

Part of the level is nightmare-ish (can't explain why without spoiling too much!) but I'd refrain from submitting it in that category, personally. The original song actually changes radically in that section, but the remixed version doesn't shift at all.

TestudoVilis

ThePirateCaptain

ThePirateCaptain

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2096-8169 | Nintendo Network ID: Capn_Pancakes

kkslider5552000

Regardless of song quality, Paper Mario being less popular than Final Fantasy XIII in basically any way offends me. Like even if you're right, that's upsetting to see.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Eel

If it makes it better, I consider it to be more of a Final Fantasy Theathrythm song. I haven’t even played FFXIII (I suggested/nominated the song).

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

ThePirateCaptain

Coming into the last group of songs in the second round, I hope everyone likes farming. Moving on from the last group are Final Fantasy XII at 4-1, Pokémon Mystery Dungeon at 3-2, Xenoblade Chronicles 2 wins the tiebreaker at 4-4, and Breath of the Wild at 5-2.
Link to the bracket

Round 2

Phendrana Drifts - Metroid Prime vs. Holli Jolli Village - Mario & Luigi: Partners In Time

Vote here

Winter - Harvest Moon: Hero of Leaf Valley vs. Winter - Harvest Moon DS

Vote here

Winter - Harvest Moon 64 vs. Mountaintop Secrets (Mount Brrr) - Mario & Luigi: Paper Jam

Vote here

Snowpeak Ruins - The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess vs. Snowy - Undertale

Vote here

Edited on by ThePirateCaptain

ThePirateCaptain

Eel

Harvest Moon VS Harvest Moon

Battle of the century.

I bet Harvest Moon will win that one.

Edit: The Harvest Moon DS link takes to a Mario Kart DS song

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

ThePirateCaptain

The link should be fixed now. May the best Harvest Moon win.

ThePirateCaptain

ThePirateCaptain

It seems like the poll results don’t always update accurately. I’m going to try using a different site from now on to make sure the votes are counted correctly. That being said, the results from this round appear to be Metroid Prime winning the tiebreaker at 1-1, Harvest Moon DS at 2-1, Mario & Luigi: Paper Jam at 3-2, and Undertale at 2-0.
Link to the bracket

Round 3

Snowball Park - Super Mario 3D World vs. First Steps - Celeste

Vote here

Frozen Solid and Chilled - Yoshi’s Wooly World vs. Ring Rink - Ristar

Vote here

White Falls - Horizon Zero Dawn: The Frozen Wilds vs. Planet Frostak - Kirby Star Allies

Vote here

Into the Woods - I Am Setsuna vs. Valak Mountain (Night) - Xenoblade Chronicles

Vote here

Edited on by ThePirateCaptain

ThePirateCaptain

jedgamesguy

Cast my votes, it's looking very interesting right now. Of course half of my chosen songs, my champions, could be knocked out here but I'm glad they made it this far at least.

Shows people have good taste!

Currently playing:
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114

Dogorilla

That last pairing is tough. Predictably I went for Xenoblade, but the I Am Setsuna track is really nice too. It sounds very Layton.

"Remember, Funky's the Monkey!"

Funky Kong

Eel

I definitely voted for twilight princess last round so yeah that page was not updating the votes properly.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

ThePirateCaptain
jedgamesguy

I'm apprehensive about the chances of Xenoblade 2 - Tantal (Night). Either way my submission wins that round so I'm mixed.

Edited on by jedgamesguy

Currently playing:
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

ThePirateCaptain

ThePirateCaptain

ThePirateCaptain

Sorry for the wait, I’ve been rather busy this week and forgot to update this. Both Celeste and Kirby Star Allies won their tiebreakers at 3-3, Xenoblade Chronicles 2 wins 4-2, and Mario & Luigi: Paper Jam wins 4-2.
Link to the bracket

Semifinal Round

First Steps- Celeste vs. Planet Frostak - Kirby Star Allies

Vote here

Tantal (Night) - Xenoblade Chronicles 2 vs. Mountantop Secrets (Mount Brrr) - Mario & Luigi: Paper Jam

Vote here

ThePirateCaptain

kkslider5552000

For a game I don't think even Mario RPG fans care about, this random Paper Jam song sure is beating all comers.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Eel

Only because everyone complotted against my random FFXIII song.

It would've absolutely defeated the Paper Jam one in the "music from games nobody cares about" battle.

Yup.

Bloop.

jedgamesguy

@Eel @kkslider5552000 My song versus my song, it'll be a tough one to guess which'll win.

Still can't believe Paper Jam music made it all the way to the semifinals though. AlphaDream may be broke but Yoko Shimomura can jam.

Same with ACE, their acoustics are divine. I call it now, this song will take victory.

Currently playing:
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Dogorilla

I like Paper Jam but I didn't remember any of the music from it, but yeah this one is amazing. All four of these semifinalists would be worthy winners.

"Remember, Funky's the Monkey!"

Funky Kong

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic