Forums

Topic: The NintendoLife VGM Tournament: Best City / Urban Theme (Round Two)

Posts 1,461 to 1,480 of 1,556

TeaCatherine

Where We Belong Xenoblade Chronicles 3
Might have some more if I can think of any.

Currently playing: Metal Gear Solid
Back burner: Hollow Knight, Undertale

ThePirateCaptain

Seems like most people have gotten their initial picks in so I’ll get started on creating the bracket. Once I have a number we’ll know how many songs there are and if we need any more to start.

ThePirateCaptain

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2096-8169 | Nintendo Network ID: Capn_Pancakes

Captain_Toad

Don't forget me!

Yoshi's Story- Ending Story

Sonic Forces: "Light of Hope"

Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest: Ending theme

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles IV - Turtles in Time (SNES) Music - Credit Roll

Edited on by Captain_Toad

Was Mariobro4. No, I'm not taking off my backpack...it's important.

Switch Friend Code: SW-1530-1570-5053 | 3DS Friend Code: 3566-2311-3009 | Nintendo Network ID: Mariobro4

ThePirateCaptain

We currently have enough songs to start so I’ll put out a last call for anyone to get in final submission before the first round starts on Tuesday.

ThePirateCaptain

Eel

A final pick from me:

Ending Theme, from Pokémon Ruby & Sapphire

The remakes may have better sound quality, but in my opinion the song works better as a standalone piece, instead of a medley.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Snatcher

One last pick for me as well!

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

StarPoint

If there’s enough room in the bracket for one more, I nominate this one. If not, though, it doesn’t need to be included.

"Science compels us to explode the sun!"

Currently playing:

Persona 5 Royal (PC)
Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney Trilogy (PC)

ThePirateCaptain

ThePirateCaptain

StarPoint

Skyward Sword's Staff Roll is a little slow, but it's still great and gets my vote.

The Moving Out credits are pretty solid, but they definitely don't stand a chance against SMW. Probably one of the best songs in the tournament right here.

Into The Light is a very chill and fitting song after Octo Expansion, but it looks like the link from the SMW poll was copied by accident. Once that gets fixed please let me know!

A Capcom banger vs. a Capcom banger, man. I have more of a connection to Great Ace Attorney, though, and this is a fantastic mix of some of the best songs throughout the game.

That Xenoblade 2 song is incredible. Even though I've never played it, it's very moving. Up against Mother 3, though, I love how this song combines lots of different themes throughout the game, especially the Love theme. So that gets my vote.

And Super Mario Galaxy 2... that intro gives me chills literally every time I hear it. It's so powerful and just purely perfect. That Pokemon song is pretty cool; I like how upbeat it is, and I'm pretty sure I've heard that theme in Smash before. But it sadly doesn't stand much of a chance in my mind against SMG2. Seriously, those first 20 seconds are magical.

"Science compels us to explode the sun!"

Currently playing:

Persona 5 Royal (PC)
Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney Trilogy (PC)

Eel

I’m sure the mega man theme is great and all, but I honestly could not get past the first few seconds. That 8bit instrument they picked is not a good choice for an extended solo at that high of a pitch.

The other 8bit song in the current set, Super Mario Bros 2 went with a music box approach. I know it has no chances against Skyward Sword, but it’s such a cute, peaceful little tune. I gave it my vote.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

kkslider5552000

as someone who loves Megaman 3's music, yeah even I have to admit that's a bit much to start a song, especially outside of the context of the game

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Eel

For the Super Mario World theme, I kinda love how it fakes out the conclusion several times. It’s like it doesn’t want to end.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

ThePirateCaptain

From our opening set of matchups we have Skyward Sword moving on at 7-2, Super Mario World at 9-0, Splatoon 2: Octo Expansion at 6-1, The Great Ace Attorney 2 at 7-1, and Xenoblade Chronicles 2: Torna The Golden Country as well as Super Mario Galaxy 2 winning 4-4 tiebreakers. Since this round was a little late I’ll leave voting open until Thursday.
Link to the bracket

Round One

1. Ending Story - Yoshi’s Story vs. Staff Roll - The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds

Vote here

2. Iris - Professor Layton and the Diabolical Box vs. End - Ace Attorney: Trials and Tribulations

Vote here

3. Credits - DDR SuperNOVA vs. Ending Staff Roll - The Legend of Zelda: Link’s Awakening (...

Vote here

4. Way to Fall - Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater vs. Credit Roll - Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles IV: Turtles in Time

Vote here

5. Kirby’s Triumphal Return (Credits) - Kirby Super Star Ultra vs. Still Alive - Portal

Vote here

6. Credits - Evoland 2 vs. End Credits - The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time

Vote here

ThePirateCaptain

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic