Forums

Topic: The NintendoLife VGM Tournament: Best City / Urban Theme (Round Two)

Posts 121 to 140 of 1,556

ThePirateCaptain

@Bankaj
I think the Fire Emblem theme is pushing it a little even though I like it. If other people are okay with it I’ll let it go though.

ThePirateCaptain

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2096-8169 | Nintendo Network ID: Capn_Pancakes

BabyYoda71

@ThePirateCaptain I think it’s good. Does that mean we can start the bracket on Monday?

Heigh Ho Heigh Ho. It’s off to work (from home) I go.

kkslider5552000

someone should name the best normal battle theme in an FE game and use that instead tbh (it does have normal battles, music for those non-boss battles, and is kind of an RPG, so its a reasonable choice)

I do have some nostalgic bias to the attack theme from the...GBA one that was just called Fire Emblem in North America, especially the Brawl remix of it. But its reasonable to assume there are better ones...?

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Bankaj

Well fair enough, I agree that it would be bending the rules a bit too much.

Obviously open for other suggestions? Perhaps from a game not mentioned yet. How about something from the Tales Of series?

Bankaj

kkslider5552000

Bankaj wrote:

Obviously open for other suggestions? Perhaps from a game not mentioned yet. How about something from the Tales Of series?

I love the soundtracks of the...two Tales of games I've played. I personally wouldn't add either of their regular battle themes tbh. But that's just me. (I actually double checked both those songs for this tournament btw)

also, unless someone can prove me wrong, that TWEWY song is still not actually used in battles. I think maybe they confused it for Long Dream, which is the first battle theme of the game.

Dogorilla

I found that Fire Emblem theme I was looking for! Truth, Fear and Hope from Sacred Stones.

"Remember, Funky's the Monkey!"

Funky Kong

Krull

@kkslider5552000 I’m not going to argue with you on TWEWY - you seem pretty confident. For some reason, I thought Calling was the very first battle theme when I played the iOS version. I could definitely be wrong - it was about seven years ago!

We can’t have a Smash tune as an RPG battle theme either, though, surely?

What about the original Final Fantasy battle theme? It’s probably still my favourite of the FF chiptunes.

I would love to nominate the original Ys overworld soundtrack too, since Ys is all battles, all of the time - but I think that is possibly bending the rules again.

Switch ID: 5948-6652-1589
3DS ID: 2492-5142-7789

ThePirateCaptain

With @Dogorilla finding the FE song I believe that would put us at 32. I didn’t include Calling from TWEWY in my initial count just to be safe since I’m not familiar with the game. If @Krull or @Bankaj want to choose songs to replace their nominations that didn’t meet the criteria then that’s fine.

ThePirateCaptain

Bankaj

I'm good with the three nominations I submitted, thanks.
There are some great options here, so looking forward to the results!

Bankaj

Krull

Have we got Man with the Machine Gun (Final Fantasy VIII)? That’s a Uematsu classic.

But if we’ve got 32, no worries. Looking forward to hearing some of these.

Switch ID: 5948-6652-1589
3DS ID: 2492-5142-7789

ThePirateCaptain

I’ve been filling in the bracket but it turns out we have one open spot. Sorry @BabyYoshi12 but the Gym Leader theme from Pokémon S&S qualifies as a boss theme. If there’s another song you’d like to replace it with you can, otherwise anyone else is free to suggest something.

ThePirateCaptain

BabyYoda71

@ThePirateCaptain NOOOOOOO!!!! Well, I don’t have anything to replace it with. Does the Battle Tower count at least?

Bankaj

Summon Night: Swordcraft Story

Because I think this game deserves a mention + this soundtrack is actually not bad at all for a GBA quality. I nominate it, unless there are other suggestions!

Bankaj

BabyYoda71

There! Now we have 32... I think.

ThePirateCaptain
kkslider5552000

This is a weird round, since I'm voting against both another Xenoblade song and the MandL Superstar saga battle theme already, but here we are. AND I'm undecided on voting for a TWEWY song or not, so this is certainly a surprising round for me.

Dogorilla

Very close results in all categories at the moment (not that there have been many votes yet). For what it's worth, I went for Baten Kaitos, FF9, FF Tactics and Xenoblade.

"Remember, Funky's the Monkey!"

Funky Kong

BabyYoda71

I’ll need to listen later.

Bankaj

++ Baten Kaitos
++ FFXIII
++ FFTA2
++ Deltarune

'- TWEWY wasn't actually that bad, now that I've listened to it from beginning to end. I'm not too much of a fan of the poppy lyrics in game music (ugh SSBU...).

'- FFIX didn't match the harmony of FFXIII

'- Superstar Saga sounds too monotone for my taste. I remember hearing it first time in the game and I really liked it, because the battle had kind of a party-vibe to it (especially with the M&L dancing on their turn). However I don't enjoy it without actually playing the game.

'- Both very good, tough decision. Deltarune appealed to me just a tad more.

Edited on by Bankaj

Bankaj

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic