Forums

Topic: The NintendoLife VGM Tournament: Best City / Urban Theme (Round Two)

Posts 101 to 120 of 1,556

ThePirateCaptain

I like the idea for RPG battle themes. If everyone else is onboard with that we can start nominating songs. The only question is if boss themes should be excluded.

ThePirateCaptain

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2096-8169 | Nintendo Network ID: Capn_Pancakes

BabyYoda71

I don’t play RPG’s but I’m excited to start listening to some! No nominations from me though. 😔

Heigh Ho Heigh Ho. It’s off to work (from home) I go.

Captain_Toad

Boss theme's are not allowed.

Was Mariobro4. No, I'm not taking off my backpack...it's important.

Switch Friend Code: SW-1530-1570-5053 | 3DS Friend Code: 3566-2311-3009 | Nintendo Network ID: Mariobro4

Dogorilla

Agree boss themes should be separate, which unfortunately disqualifies You Will Know Our Names from Xenoblade. I'll try to think of some nominations over the next day or so.

"Remember, Funky's the Monkey!"

Funky Kong

BruceCM

So, what tracks from RPGs are going to be allowed ... ? Things like Rosa's theme, from FFIV? Area music? You get some great stuff but a lot of the best bits are boss fights

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

Krull

Think we’re doing RPG battle music.

I’ve nominated Fight On from FFVII and Calling from The World Ends With You, and I’m now adding Mass Destruction from Persona 3 (Portable, in my case).

Can anyone think of some good Yuzo Kushiro battle tracks from Etrian Odyssey?

Switch ID: 5948-6652-1589
3DS ID: 2492-5142-7789

ThePirateCaptain

Alright seems we’re decided about excluding boss themes. Everyone is welcome to start posting nominations! The definition of “RPG” is pretty loose and can mean different things to different people so I’m not going to be too strict about it. Please try to stay clear of action games like Zelda though, so we can stick to the theme more consistently.

@Krull
I’ll be nominating at least the one from EO III, the man is a genius.

ThePirateCaptain

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2096-8169 | Nintendo Network ID: Capn_Pancakes

Bankaj

Sincerely hope I am not the only one with Nostalgic feelings towards this track (and this game for that matter). Used to pick this map for a battle, only to pause the game and to enjoy the music. No surprise the fanbase made an extended version. With great pleasure nominating for RPG Battle Music:

Phantasy Star Online 3 - Tower of Caelum

EDIT: Now that I'm warmed up, nominating Baten Kaitos as well.

Baten Kaitos - The True Mirror

Edited on by Bankaj

Bankaj

TJWorks

Throwing a few favorites out there:

These themes are catchy pop/dance music unusual for an RPG.

These themes are bouncy and make fights playful and energetic.

These themes are powerful and invigorating music backed by orchestral instruments you expect in a typical fantasy RPG.

Edited on by TJWorks

TJWorks

BabyYoda71

Actually, I have a few.

Try, Try Again -Mario & Luigi: Dream Team

Not sure what we’re considering boss battles? I’ll nominate these Pokemon SW/SH ones though:

Gym Leader Battle

Battle Tower

These are both really good, so I hope they can get in! 🤞

Dogorilla

Here are my nominations (unless I think of some others and change my mind):

Battle 1 - Final Fantasy IX

Time to Fight! - Xenoblade Chronicles (I'm not even a massive fan of Xenoblade but I might end up nominating something from it for every category)

Marnie Battle Music - Pokémon Sword/Shield

There's also a track I want to nominate from Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones, but I can't remember what it's called. I opened the game and listened to lots of the music on the sound menu but I couldn't find it, it's driving me crazy! It's from near the end of the game, I think.

"Remember, Funky's the Monkey!"

Funky Kong

Krull

Glad to see Mass Destruction (Persona 3) is already there.

Got to add Calling (The Word Ends With You)
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=i0569Wt-cZ0

And Fight On (Final Fantasy VII) - might be disqualified for being used in mini-boss battles, though...
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=U84zAfb4b58

Octopath Traveler should just be nominated in every music category... Glad to see it here again!
How’s that for starters? I’ll try to think of some others.

Edited on by Krull

Switch ID: 5948-6652-1589
3DS ID: 2492-5142-7789

BabyYoda71

For a second, I was kicking myself for forgetting about New Super Mario Bros. Wii, then realized it isn’t an RPG.

kkslider5552000

@Krull But that TWEWY song isn't used in battles. Not that I remember at least.

My nominations right now are:

tbh, most of my main choices were already taken (or at the very least, the game it appeared in)

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

BabyYoda71

We currently have 27 nominations!

BabyYoda71

Here’s a fun idea for a future theme- fan made remixes!

Bankaj

So far I submitted only 2 nominations, so I believe I'm entitled for two more to help fill up the list nominations.

Ah battle track of my favorite RPG game, related to the mainline series of earlier nominations:

Final Fantasy Tactics Advance 2 - Painfull Battle

For my fourth nomination I would like to include probably one of the most famous tunes related to Fire Emblem. As I understand this version is not used in the RPG itself, but as it does represent a RPG and it is battle music, I think it should fly for this track to compete:

Super Smash Brothers Melee - Fire Emblem

Edited on by Bankaj

Bankaj

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic