Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 88,441 to 88,460 of 96,538

blindsquirrel

It’s kinda weird looking at my drivers listened now. At the time I was…….. big to say the least.

Edited on by blindsquirrel

Currently playing: Pokemon Soul Silver, Mario RPG
Enos 1:15

Eel

Ok ok I don’t know how relatable will this be... But I ordered a new travel briefcase from amazon and I can’t wait to see it irl because… read this… it has wheels.

How cool is that? It’s like a tiny little dwarven suitcase but for my laptop instead of my axe.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

MarioVillager92

@Sunsy Whoops my mistake. I looked at your Switch activity again and it was the first Quake. I have a tendency to read very quickly, lol. That's cool, sounds like you still have the old PC copy. I'm still mostly a Nintendo player these days, the Switch has been my most played platform for a good number of years now. Disney Illusion Island is a nice, relaxing game - while it is quite easy, I still like it. I'd like to try out its co-op mode sometime, I heard you can also hug each other in-game to refill hearts. So sweet.

Nice, that's cool. Speaking of DBZ, a friend and I played online on Dragon Ball FighterZ when it was available via the NSO game trial. It's a pretty good fighting game, but just like with... pretty much every 1-on-1 fighting game, I'm not very good at it. Oh gotcha, that's fine, Sonic X happened to first air while I was just starting to get into Sonic. As for Pokemon, my brother still watched it, as well as also being into the games. I kinda fell out of the anime, though... and I had a hard time getting into the games at the time for some reason. I watched a few Mega Man NT Warrior episodes back in the day, too.

Ah, that sucks... did he actually mean it? I wouldn't be surprised, considering that famous YouTubers love shouting insults and everything. Plus, videos with negative titles and what have you tend to get an insane amount of views. I guess negativity sells, unfortunately. Yeah I did hear that Sonic Mania got that DRM removed on Steam, that's good they did that. I remember when the Xbox One got announced, and they made it so that it'd be mandatory to connect online to play your games, even if they were single-player. No one liked it, and I didn't like the sound of that either, so I never got it. I think they toned that DRM thing down over the years? I'm not sure, since I never had that or the Xbox Series X/S. Honestly, I'm still pretty surprised that the Xbox One outsold the Wii U, considering the backlash that the former got. Yeah I don't comment on YouTube videos very often, and if I do, it's just on a video that's not as heavy.

Aww that's nice. It's no wonder you loved that movie when you were young.

Yep, it was a nice train ride for sure. Yeah I'd much prefer seeing the scenery pass by while I'm riding, as well. I love a good window seat no matter how I'm traveling. I'm not a huge fan of plane trips, but the view of the sky is so nice to look at.

Nice. That reminds me, I used to be into racing games back when I was very young, back in the Nintendo 64 era at least. Not just stuff like Mario Kart 64, but also stuff like San Francisco Rush and Cruis'n USA. I had sequels for the last two, as well. Nice, that's cool. I was very, very close to finishing it, I really tried, but that last part of the final boss just couldn't be done on my end. I was also very close to finishing Sonic Rush Adventure, but just like before, I couldn't do the last part.

All right cool. The only live-action remake I've seen was Beauty and the Beast. It was all right I think, but yeah the animated original's the best.

Also, did you see the Super Mario Bros. Wonder direct? Without spoiling any of it, I thought it was a good direct.

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

jedgamesguy

WoomyNNYes wrote:

@TheJGG So you've got a bunch of hours on Mario 3D All-Stars (switch trending page). I've been wondering which of of the 3D Mario games you've put your time into, or if you played through one of the Mario games more than once? Just curious.😁

No problemo! I don't know the exact breakdown but I definitely played 64 the most, with Galaxy a close second. I've beaten both games twice (70 stars in both games) and have two more saves each with a ton of stars. As for the other one... I absolutely hate Sunshine, I got 15 shines before calling it quits.

64 holds up surprisingly well all things considered, Mario plays the best (despite the camera) here and has a great responsive moveset. Sunshine looks OK but Mario's gotta be high because he's hyper-responsive as heck and controls like a rocket powered ant. Galaxy's Mario is the slowest but controls really well, even if he's a little sluggish.

I'm pretty shocked that Mario 64 and Sunshine aren't 60fps to be honest.

Edited on by jedgamesguy

Currently playing:
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114

blindsquirrel

EaglyBird wrote:

@blindsquarel you have no idea heavy spoilers for nier and nier automa but over the course of the games you unintentionally
Edit; aslo probably content warning

Kill a nursery of children

Doom the entire human race

Nuke a city

Give an entire race extensional dread

Team up with a robot named jack#ss who is obsessed with bombs

More dead kids this time robots

Figth a philosopher

Fight the ceo of square enix

Poison yourself with berries

Poison yourself with a fish

Chase a hat guy for 2 hours

And listen to a book verbally abuse you

And watch this

Sounds like a perfectly wholesome, nonviolent game.

Kermit1doesmath

EaglyBird wrote:

@blindsquarel you have no idea heavy spoilers for nier and nier automa but over the course of the games you unintentionally

Nuke a city

Figth a philosopher

And watch this

Untitled

dysgraphia awareness human

blindsquirrel

OwlHighway1Revisited wrote:

EaglyBird wrote:

Nuke a city

Figth a philosopher

And watch this

Untitled

Untitled

blindsquirrel

EaglyBird wrote:

Untitled

Is it wrong that I started laughing uncontrollably?

Sunsy

@MarioLover92 It's alright. I do hope to get Quake II on Switch one day, I plan to shop for Trolls stuff once the new stuff comes out for the new movie, I was thinking about getting an eShop card around that time to play it. Yeah, those that had Quake II on Steam and GOG got the remaster for free, I have it on both, I bought Quake II on Steam, later on on GOG because GOG had expansion packs included in their bundle. They did that with id stuff, GOG's bundle of Wolfenstein 3D and Doom II included expansions, like Spear of Destiny and Final Doom respectively. So I found them to be a better deal than Steam. Physically, I do own Quake III Arena, Quake 4 (these two also on GOG), and a copy of Doom 3.

That's fine, I've always just been a Nintendo and PC guy. Sounds nice.

That sounds like me, I'm not the best at fighting games, but still love playing them. I have several Mortal Kombat games on PC, as well as Mortal Kombat 11 on Switch. Looking forward to the new one, but will wait a few years because you know they'll bundle the DLC together and it will go on sale for cheap. I got Mortal Kombat XL for $6 during the Steam Christmas sale last year. Cool, I wanted to watch Sonic X when it was new, but couldn't. Stuff like that makes me thankful for streaming, no longer need to be on time for shows. I did play the games, I had Pokemon Blue, as well as Snap, Yellow, Pinball, Stadium, and Trading Card Game. Actually, I'm very happy Trading Card Game made its way to Switch online, and I bought it on 3DS.

Yeah, it was more like "Even Smurfs Dance Party has DRM in it, NO THAT GAME IS A DRM! YOU PLAY IT, WE ARE NOT FRIENDS!!!" Caps because he did, indeed, yell. It stung a bit since I do like playing it occasionally being a Smurfs fan. If you want an idea of what it's like, it's Just Dance, but with Smurfs. I don't play Just Dance, but like this because of the Smurfs. Though, the newer game Smurfs Mission Vileaf is one of the best cartoon tie-ins I've ever played, and it's a lot better than Smurfs Dance Party, and takes inspiration from Smurfs The Lost Village and the new cartoon. Plus, GOG has it DRM-free.

The Sonic Mania DRM issues were a nightmare. I had an internet outage, went to play it in offline mode, only to be told to log in online. It no longer does that, but stuff like that makes me like GOG even more. I remember the whole DRM debacle with Xbox One, my friend and I still will talk about it, 10 years later, because we watched that reveal. It focused so much on watching TV, and sports! They did talk about Call of Duty Ghosts, but that game got released everywhere (I have it on Wii U).

The weird thing is with planes is, I find them interesting a bit. I have a game called Strike Commander on PC, and it's like being the pilot of my own fighter jet. Yet, I would not ride on one. The idea of being high up makes me really nervous and scared. I do wish I could find more flight sims to play, I do enjoy Strike Commander.

Cool, I always liked racing games, on Dreamcast, I have Sega GT and Daytona USA 2001. I use to play Sega Super GT (also known as S.C.U.D. Race) and Daytona USA in arcades when I could still play games in them. I do have a bunch of NFS games on various Nintendo systems. I do have Crus'n Blast and Asphalt 9. I still like playing them, along with kart racers like Mario Kart, the Sonic racing games, Smurfs Kart, and Nickelodeon Kart Racers 3. They are making a DreamWorks kart racing game, not that excited for it as they made the Trolls power-ups instead of an actual playable characters. At least there's that Trolls game coming out I'm excited for.

Live action Disney I've seen was Beauty and the Beast, saw Aladdin in theaters, Lady and the Tramp on Disney+, which honestly surprised me and enjoyed it, and the Pinocchio remake.

I had it on while doing chores yesterday. Was a nice day actually too, had a nice walk to a convenience store for some bread (didn't have any for breakfast), bought a drink with a character top (it was Twilight from My Little Pony), and had breakfast, and put on the Direct. Very happy to see Peach playable too. Really nice morning too.

The resident Trolls superfan! Saw Trolls Band Together via early access and absolutely loved it!

EllaTheQueen6

@EaglyBird I don't even watch the new generation of Hololive EN besides for FuwaMoco but that meme is still great
@Snatcher Seef is gonna get a girlfriend before you ever do. You don't know how bad of an insult that is, but you get the point. Also, yeah VShojo is having some problems.

Y'all, let's go play Legally Distinct Pocket Creatures!
Vice president/second divine goddess of the Chit-Chat thread

3DS Friend Code: 2252-0354-0887

Anti-Matter

@Sunsy
I have question about Sonic Superstars.
I saw from the screenshots and gameplay trailer, there was No multiple lives displayed, so I assumed it will be Sonic game without Game Over screen like Sonic Forces which is easier to play for newbie players like me since I still get panic attack to dash in very high speed and have no idea which direction to dash with quick reaction. Have you tried the demo ?

Whenever I saw Sonic games, it left me uneasy feeling to play as the games look cute but the gameplay can put me in PTSD for dashing in high speed with quick reaction.

Anti-Matter

blindsquirrel

Anti-Matter wrote:

@Sunsy
I have question about Sonic Superstars.
I saw from the screenshots and gameplay trailer, there was No multiple lives displayed, so I assumed it will be Sonic game without Game Over screen like Sonic Forces which is easier to play for newbie players like me since I still get panic attack to dash in very high speed and have no idea which direction to dash with quick reaction. Have you tried the demo ?

Whenever I saw Sonic games, it left me uneasy feeling to play as the games look cute but the gameplay can put me in PTSD for dashing in high speed with quick reaction.

This shouldn’t have the same high speed dashing that the boost formula has. It’s supposed to be a callback to the original games (think New Super Mario Bros but for sonic.) so it will be a 2D platformer. If your okay with the original sonic games than superstars should be fine for you.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic