Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 87,341 to 87,360 of 96,558

Kermit1doesmath

@Princess_Lilly correct, but... I refunded my copy of Violet... I'm sorry... and then I lost my saves for my other Pokemon games and now I'm bitter...

Moose

dysgraphia awareness human

EllaTheQueen6

@Princess_Lilly Lilly how are you not tempo-banned yet

Y'all, let's go play Legally Distinct Pocket Creatures!
Vice president/second divine goddess of the Chit-Chat thread

3DS Friend Code: 2252-0354-0887

EllaTheQueen6

@Princess_Lilly It was a joke lol

Princess_Lilly

@EllaTheQueen6 I mean I kinda get where you're coming from, many people said that I have a peculiar sense of humor

they kinda don't talk to me anymore

@Professor_Plumber I passed it and I'm gonna say that
1. from the technical point of view you all are right, it's horrible
2. but it also has pretty good storyline that I hope will be a new standard for Pokemon, good mon and trainer designs and many player friendly solutions.

Princess_Lilly

EllaTheQueen6

Gotta go now, see y'all in 5 days

JONOFTHEJONS

@Princess_Lilly Mmm… Dinner.

You only need to know about my many obsessions, which consist of Lego, Fortnite, Nintendo, PlayStation and Xbox games, drawing on my Tablet, Dragon Ball Z, My Hero Academia, Thomas The Tank Engine, Star Wars, and Ninjago.

MarioVillager92

@Sunsy It's all right, no harm done. I forgot that there's a Magical Drop game on NSO, that's on the SNES, right? I'll probably give that game a shot. It's been a while since I've played the arcade version.

Oh that's cool a lot of folks are excited for Viva. I just saw that FIFA animation and it was pretty cool, thanks for showing us.

I remember seeing an Icons episode on one of the Sega employees (forgot their name), and it did mention that a lot of Sega's arcade games focused on realism. That might be why those "deluxe" versions exist. That's cool, I was trying to look up that Ferrari game, was it called Ferrari F355 Challenge? I saw one of the pictures of the deluxe machine and it showed the three screens you've mentioned.

That's understandable. I think my brother has played laser tag, he probably liked it but not too sure what he thought of it. Similarly, I've tried roller skating when I was a kid, and just didn't get into it. Since I was afraid of falling down by accident. I've first played Galaga on that machine I mentioned earlier, then played it on stuff like Namco Museum on the PS2. It's still one of my favorite arcade games. Ms. Pac-Man is really good as well, and honestly, I like it more than the original Pac-Man. Mainly because of how you're having different mazes instead of having just one.

Ouch, that's a shame. I don't think you'll like the full-fledged coasters, like the one I've been on, if your experience was anything to go by. My brother was pretty similar too, he was a lot more into the thrill rides than me. Exactly, a lot of folks my age are gamers as well, including most of the friends I've made in real life. I don't mind beaches personally, just generally not a fan of swimming in them. The water can get really cold and I'd have to make sure there's no jellyfish. I've not been stung by one, but my brother has, and I could tell that it's insanely painful. I remember that Peach thing you got, that's cool. That was based on the Mario movie, right?

Agreed for sure, I'd much rather hop aboard a train than a roller coaster, that's for sure. Train rides are much more relaxing, and they're still quite fun and adventurous, too. I've also been on a go-kart before, though that was a different place. There used to be a speedway in my area with an indoors go-kart track, and that was also pretty fun to drive around. Oh and get this, they had a Daytona USA machine there, too.

Also wanted to reply to you and @EllaTheQueen6, I agree for sure, you're never too old to like whatever you like, even if they're viewed as kid stuff. I've loved Super Mario since I was little, and I enjoy a lot of Disney's animated movies. Plus my mom still loves Hello Kitty to this day.

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

Tyranexx

@Professor_Plumber It would at least allow for more options, not a bad thing in the grand scheme of it all IMO. Yeah, it's basically a delegate system of sorts, after the said delegates are voted for by popular vote. So technically the population still has a voice, they just aren't doing the individual voting at some levels.

@MarioLover92 There's plenty we can learn from history, in its full context...not hidden behind a screen, under a rubble pile, or even behind silence. It still boggle my mind that people still deny the Holocaust happened. That large-scale museum model of your hometown sounds fascinating! I like seeing how areas looked at one time, especially if it's one I'm familiar with in the present. Railroad museums can be pretty fascinating too, depending on the subject matter. Especially if there's a practical exhibit or two.

I don't blame you for taking a break from XC2; I did the same with TotK, partially due to my vacation. I think I earned it after 130 hours lol. I plan to resume play this weekend. Good luck in the Splatfest starting tomorrow.

@Sunsy Ooh yeah, being near a wooded area would call for some caution too, especially when conditions are dry. I need to become more adept at crockpot cooking; I mostly just use mine for my "bean stuff" as I call it (basically some soaked pinto beans that I throw together with some water, seasonings, a spice or two, and some vegetables depending on what I have on hand). I don't use canned broths or the like since they often have a ton of salt...which I try to avoid a lot of. It's weird, loud noises didn't used to bother me as much I don't think. But now I don't tolerate them very well when they're at least near-constant. One and done is fine.

Currently playing: Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch), Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Trials and Tribulations (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Tyranexx

@Professor_Plumber No prob! Like I said, it was a blanket explanation, so I'm no expert on Germany's politics lol.

Currently playing: Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch), Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Trials and Tribulations (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Sunsy

Got the Quake II remaster as a free update for having Quake II on GOG. Played a bit of Quake II 64 on PC this evening. Port is great so far. Also, I love how Bethesda actually made this new version of Quake II DRM-free on GOG day of release. GOG got the updated Doom port much later on IIRC, had the DOSBox version before then.

Princess_Lilly wrote:

@EllaTheQueen6 @Sunsy
Did somebody say Kemono Friends?

Yeah, I watched the anime years ago, and Ella reminded me of it by mentioning its name.

@MarioLover92 Yup, it's the SNES version on Switch Online, IIRC, I read online it never had an official English release until NSO. Hence why it has no box art.

You're welcome, that little FIFA promo clip had a lot of us excited since it was the first time they showed the new character officially. So far, the only thing known is she's going to be Poppy's sister, hinted by an upcoming book. She's still a big mystery, honestly, making me want to see Trolls Band Together even more.

Sounds like an episode of Icons I would enjoy, Sega's history always fascinates me. Yup, that's the machine. The place where I played laser tag actually had it, and I remember playing it. It was a cool experience too. Dreamcast had a port, but it didn't recreate the three screen experience.

I think I was similar to skates. I did have roller blades at one point, but didn't use them as much. Nice, I think I first played Ms. Pac-Man on my brother's Genesis. I did enjoy playing Galaga. I think in the late 2000's I played Pole Position at a retro arcade. It was cool sitting inside the cabinet driving. I also played that on Namco Museum.

Nope, definitely wouldn't like a full fledged roller coaster. My brother was into those kind of rides more. I remember on a day he went to Six Flags with some friends, mom would take me to do something else fun. So that was always nice. That's correct. It's fine to have a beach, but a boardwalk with no arcade, that's not a place I want to go to. I don't know how to swim personally, any pool I ever been in was shallow, so I could "walk" in it. Haven't been in a pool in a long time, but I don't miss it. Yup, it was based on the Mario movie. I also found while cleaning awhile back an older Happy Meal Peach from 2017, so I keep the two together now.

I wish I could go on a train ride. One of my favorite streams on YouTube is RailCowGirl, who posts videos of her train rides, and it's really relaxing. Nice, I remember going to a party as a kid, and the go-kart track was practically a reverse of Mario Circuit 1. Fun coincidence but the layout was similar to it. Nice, I think another go-kart place had a lot of arcade games too.

Indeed, I can never understand the mindset of "oh you're too old." Like what, I'm suppose to stop liking cartoons when I turn 18? It's pointless. Again most things made for teens didn't appeal to me when I was a teenager, and as an adult, I'd much rather watch an animated movie over something more "adult" for lack of a better phrase, like an action movie or a drama. Recently, I watched PAW Patrol: The Movie, the one from 2021. Even though I'm an adult, I really enjoyed it. If I had the mindset of "oh this is a little kids movie" and ignored it, I would have missed out on something I didn't know I enjoyed. I did like it enough to buy a drink with the character Liberty (a character introduced in the movie) on it the other day when I walked to the convenience store.

@Tyranexx Yup, so to "grill" I simply use a pan that can make grill marks. Sounds cool, I'm trying to remember other stuff I've made in a crockpot, I think I made soup a few times. That's understandable, I usually have to be careful with salt because of mom. Yeah, as a kid, the noise from fireworks always bothered me, I prefer seeing them on TV or hearing them from far away.

The resident Trolls superfan! Saw Trolls Band Together via early access and absolutely loved it!

Anti-Matter

Untitled

Untitled

Cone Ice Cream with Indomie Fried Noodle flavor.
Come on... 😅

Anti-Matter

Eel

@Anti-Matter we have those here under another brand, I like them.

I usually prefer chocolate, though! I don't think noodle ice cream would taste too nice.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Anti-Matter

@Eel
I found that fried Noodle ice cream this morning at local supermarket.
I think I will try one after working time, not sure the taste with sweet and savory altogether.

Anti-Matter

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic