Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 87,281 to 87,300 of 96,490

senaionios

Lol, I think I remember why Nintendo Life's community triggered me this much in the past. You ask a question in a certain thread and some spin it in ways to fulfill their own agenda by twisting their answers into ways it doesn't even answer the question anymore but make it about something else entirely.

I'm not going to let it get to me anymore though. I'm just going to ignore those "answers" and not try to get into discussions with them from now on because the only thing I'll get from it is more frustration.

Nintendo Gamer & Movie Enthusiast

Anti-Matter

This was my favorite national TV intro in my country Indonesia INDOSIAR during year 1996.
The birth of INDOSIAR mascot, the Flying fish.
It was a beautiful experience during my teenhood.
I got introduced by some anime like Sailor Moon that was my favorite anime when I was grade 5 & 6.
Used to be I watched the local boxing fight called Gelar Tinju Profesional from INDOSIAR at night when I was teen.
But now I don't watch TV anymore.
Too much garbage entertainment nowadays.
YouTube is now my current entertainment to watch.

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

senaionios

EaglyPurahfan wrote:

I know it’s silly but I felt Like I had to write all that with all the animated stuff I love getting canceled. Moon Girl and Devil Dinosaur is worth everyone’s time and I would be heartbroken if it also got canned for no reason other than because it’s animatedt so its lesser. I know I can’t personally make millions of people watch it but one is enough to make me feel like I did something good like I was proactive about securing a future for the shows I love.

It's terrible what these streaming services are doing to animated shows. Hollywood has a long history of considering animation inferior to live action, but without animation, they won't get families on board and they're very important for a streaming service to succeed.

Nintendo Gamer & Movie Enthusiast

EllaTheQueen6

@EaglyPurahfan I mean, if you wanna look it up, go ahead

Y'all, let's go play Legally Distinct Pocket Creatures!
Vice president/second divine goddess of the Chit-Chat thread

3DS Friend Code: 2252-0354-0887

EllaTheQueen6

@EaglyPurahfan I TOLD you that you didn't wanna look that up

EllaTheQueen6

@EaglyPurahfan Ok, but I'm not paying for your eye bleach

EllaTheQueen6

@EaglyPurahfan I'm not listening to the thing you sent lol

EllaTheQueen6

@EaglyPurahfan No. I told you not to google the anime about two wholesome siblings who definitely are just friends and that's the only bond they have. The anime definitely isn't an 18+ anime about two married sibilings, definitely not

EllaTheQueen6

@Professor_Plumber Don't google it

EllaTheQueen6

Here's some good ear bleach

Sunsy

MarioLover92 wrote:

@Sunsy I know right? lol! That's cool, I think I've played a game or two like Puzzle Bobble in the past. I've also played a game called Magical Drop at a couple arcades before. It's a puzzle game that was made for the Neo-Geo and it was pretty fun.
Oh gotcha, wonder what they're gonna call her? Looks like we'll have to find out later.

Yeah I did see that Sega gave their old Sonic games the widescreen treatment, with the mobile versions and Sonic Origins. Still haven't played those versions yet.

All righty, yeah I think that game is a bit more common on consoles at that time. Yep, that Hang-On machine I've seen has the player stand up, last I knew.

I don't think I've played laser tag, surprisingly enough. That sounds like it's quite tiresome after a little while. Yeah, the arcade would pretty much be more of my jam, especially the old-school games such as Ms. Pac-Man and Galaga. I've seen many Ms. Pac-Man/Galaga arcade machines in various places, it's pretty much the arcade equivalent of the Super Mario Bros./Duck Hunt combo cartridge. I remember Crazy Taxi as well, that's another machine I've seen a lot.

Yeah... I've been on a roller coaster when I was about 7 years old, and I didn't like it. It was my first and only time on one, and the way it went super fast and going up and down scared the living heck out of me. It was a wooden coaster too, so it was pretty rickety, as well. I'm 31 now, and I still remember that experience! Similarly, my mom had a bad experience with a ferris wheel that she was on when she was a kid. I've not been on a ferris wheel, but I don't think I'd ever be on one since I'm a bit afraid of heights.

I will say though, that amusement parks grew on me. It just depends on what rides they have, I still don't wanna go on anything too extreme. There's an awesome amusement park that I've been to that has something for everyone, be it kiddie rides, family rides, and thrill rides. We just stuck with the family rides. I loved the merry-go-rounds and the train rides, and one of those train rides even had a steam-powered locomotive. The bumper cars are pretty fun too, and surprisingly, I even liked the teacup ride! That ride kind of got me out of my comfort zone too, lol.

Sorry for the late response. I think I played a Magical Drop game before, I think NSO has a version of it that was never released, one of those odd games where the game was made, but never released.

A lot of fans within the Trolls fandom have called her Viva, and an upcoming book hints she's suppose to be Poppy's sister. Guessing long lost sister since the two movies and Netflix and Hulu/Peacock series make no mention of her. So far she's only been spotted for this game, and a FIFA World Cup promo DreamWorks released on Instagram. A lot are excited for this character.

Yeah, I've only played the mobile versions of Sonic 1 and 2, but I haven't picked up Origins yet.

I think there was a version of Hang-On with a motorcycle, I haven't seen it myself. I remember Sega often had "deluxe" versions of cabinets. I remember playing a Ferrari game by Sega and the deluxe cabinet had three screens to simulate being in a car.

I was usually tired and bored of laser tag after three rounds, and sweaty too, which doesn't do well with me. Often times on laser tag night, I would get tokens and go play the arcade games. I use to see that machine at an old theater and a bowling alley. It was fun playing Galaga on a machine, especially having played it on Dreamcast via Namco Museum.

That sounds like a bad experience. I went on a smaller coaster that had swerves and turns, never again. Not to mention that experience ruined my day, all because my brother wanted rides and I couldn't really go on them anymore aside from go-karts and bumper cars. Since being a teen, I just preferred arcade games. Thankfully, the boadwalk had them. Most do, except for one beach my brother wanted to go to. No arcade games at all because mom said it was a "college beach." I'm sorry, people over the age of 18 still play video games. Like all I did was sit in the sun playing Sonic Pinball Party.... yeah, not a beach person. I could have done that at home, lol. At least I got one of those Sonic happy meals. Yes, even as a teen, I still went for them when my favorite thing was the toy, lol. I'm an adult, and still got one for Peach back in January.

That's fine, those rides are nice. I just hated the idea that the older I got, the more "extreme" the ride had to be. I also don't like heights, so it's go-karts or bumper cars for me. Maybe the Merry Go Round, it's been over a decade since I last went on a ride. Last time I was at the boardwalk, it was lunch with mom and the arcades.

Tyranexx wrote:

@Sunsy I'm assuming grilling isn't allowed due to fire hazard reasons? Eh, no worries. It's pretty easy to fry things on the stove or bake them in the oven too. Crockpot cooking can be pretty efficient too. Independence Day is a pretty good movie. Fireworks on the TV are fine - I'm honestly to a point in my life while I think they're nice, they just don't really thrill me anymore. Plus, I really dislike the noise if I'm very close. From a bit of a distance is fine.

Glad to hear you had a good vacation. That's pretty much it, the apartment building is near trees too, so that explains it. Mom and I love using the crockpot for stews. Yeah, I'm glad I don't go in person anymore because of the loud noise they make. I hear them in the distance, but I never liked the loud noise whenever my family went to the fairgrounds to watch them as a kid.

Edited on by Sunsy

The resident Trolls superfan! Saw Trolls Band Together via early access and absolutely loved it!

EllaTheQueen6

@Sunsy I love fireworks, but with an autistic brother and possibly being autistic myself (The doctors lied, they straight up didn't test me for some reason) I understand where you're coming from. I can't stand the sound of church bells or motorcycles. I think the only reason I like fireworks is because I for some reason have a big interest in explosions (Thanks, Megumin, you turned me into a pyromaniac)

Sunsy

@EllaTheQueen6 I am autistic, it could be sensory thing too. I remember I didn't enjoy being at the fairgrounds for fireworks because of it. Which isn't often, since I rarely hear loud sounds. Certain high pitched beeps do bother me. Most sensory with me has to do with feel. Reminding me of my laser tag experience, I can't stand the feeling of being sweaty, or certain fabrics. I tend to wear a lot of character shirts in cotton because of it.

The resident Trolls superfan! Saw Trolls Band Together via early access and absolutely loved it!

EllaTheQueen6

@Sunsy Yeah, I also can't stand certain textures and sounds. Anything slimy makes me wanna puke, and although I absolutely love meat, I can't stand the smell of it. I also mainly wear cotton as I also can't stand certain fabrics. Sensory issues really suck, and I dunno if mine are becausse of undiagnosed autism or a different thing that gives me sensory issues. I really wish the stupid phycologist would've actually tested me instead of lying about testing me, cause I seriously just wanna know if I'm autistic. I think I'm autistic, my mom thinks I'm autistic, my brother thinks I'm autistic, but we're not certain because of that stupid doctor. Getting a diagnoses wouldn't change anything, but it'd still be nice to know whether or not I'm autistic, y'know?

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic