Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 81,141 to 81,160 of 96,570

Anti-Matter

@Eel
Wait, so Michael and Liz (from SNES and Magical Melody) were divorced ?
Also, are the family tree in Back to Nature and Friends of Mineral Town are the fixed version or messed up version ?

Anti-Matter

Snatcher

@blindsquarel Ah then that makes sense, it was pretty much a musical, if I didn’t like musicals I wouldn’t like it either.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

Anti-Matter

@Eel
Ah, I see
It felt awkward to see Anna and Thomas was used to be a couple with Marie as their daughter in HM 64 version then comparing with Anna and Basil as couple with Marie as their daughter in Back to Nature & Friends of Mineral Town.
Also, I have theory about Basil which he lived in Save the Homeland era as single and as a couple in HM 64 / BTN / FoMT era.
I was thinking Save the Homeland era was older than BTN / FoMT era.

Anti-Matter

Eel

@Anti-Matter very few games in the series have direct connections between each other. And many character concepts and names are reused, so sometimes even though two people seem to be the same person, they’re just different versions of the same “concept”. In the case of Basil, for example, they’re meant to be reminiscent of each other, but in different life situations.

Even in games with direct connections, there’s fuzzy areas. Like, when going from SNES to HM64, your grandpa must have married one of the five girls from the SNES game, so in theory one of the bachelorettes in HM64 has be your cousin. But no one in town really references who was your grandpa married to or acknowledges you as a relative.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Sunsy

Tyranexx wrote:

@Sunsy It's a good thing I don't always trust first impressions; if so, the DS remake of Super Mario 64 would've scared me off. Knowing it was a port helped. I never had access to a N64, so the Wii U VC version was my first proper try. It did occur to me that part of my slight control woes with the game could be that I was using controllers it wasn't originally wired for (pro controllers both times). I've heard of the backwards long jump but never have attempted it. XD

If you want my take on your Chuck E. Cheese experience...that lady should've minded her own business. Technically, any parent or guardian there is too old. IMO, you were fine as long as there wasn't a posted age limit for certain areas. Some adults are just nasty to kids unfortunately. Reminds me of a bad airplane experience one time.

Now THAT take on Crazy Train I'd like to hear! I do like some classic rock and metal, and Ozzy is pretty far up there for me. Pretty awesome fact that Ozzy lent his voicework to the movie! I also heard Simon & Garfunkel's The Sound of Silence in a clip once too. I prefer the cover by Disturbed, but the original has a good beat too. The finale song sounds very good. I do hope you get to the movie as soon as you reasonably can! I totally understand being excited to watch them.

Apologies for a very late response, I had some IRL stuff to take care of recently, and that kept me away from the forum for a bit (anyone reading this, I'm ok, if anyone was worried).

Speaking of controllers, I noticed that. A Wii U and Switch controller, the joystick is rounded allowing smoother movement with the joystick itself, the N64 controller had eight notches. Yeah there is a different feel with using an actual N64 controller (which I'm guessing Switch Online's N64 controller faithfully recreates). IIRC, I think 64DS used the D-Pad, I never played it, but I'm guessing that was the scheme it used.

Agreed. Still it left me with a bad experience of the place when I was a kid. My brother and I went to those places rarely to begin with, I remember going to a place like it called Discovery Zone (anyone remember that? O.o) I remember again going there once. Don't know, I guess I was more into playing video games, and I don't think Discovery Zone had that IIRC. Sorry you had a bad airplane experience.

Yeah, for Trolls World Tour, they actually did some takes on rock songs, albeit more kid friendly being a kids movie. They also did a cover of Baracuda. Even cooler the soundtrack has the songs as full length songs, longer than what's heard in the movie. Yeah, the cover of Sound of Silence was actually in the first movie. I think this is the clip you're talking about.

Thanks, turns out my friend can't get off on June 10th, but awesomely AMC is showing Trolls World Tour on July 8th and July 12th, and one of the theaters we know is showing it. We're hoping to go to one of those showings. If not, it's no big deal, we both saw Trolls World Tour twice last summer at two local theaters, so we did have the theater experience for it. We thought it would be fun to do with the third movie coming out in November.

Edited on by Sunsy

The resident Trolls superfan! Saw Trolls Band Together via early access and absolutely loved it!

blindsquirrel

@Owl1
Does it have something to do with Beauty and the Beast?

Currently playing: Pokemon Soul Silver, Mario RPG
Enos 1:15

blindsquirrel

@Owl1
Eh I’m not a huge musical person.

blindsquirrel

@Owl1
Oh, that’s kinda surprising to learn. I thought it would have been based on the source material.

blindsquirrel

The heck, overnight Best Buy raised their open box prices by $100.

Edited on by blindsquirrel

TheBigBlue

My profile banner has now been updated to display the most charming, elegant, and spectacular Nintendo character of all time.

Wait, why do we need a signature? Eh, I don’t know. Here’s your signature.

blindsquirrel

@TheBigBlue
I don’t see groose anywhere on your profile though?

ogo79

Owl1 wrote:

@ogo79 I've only been here a year and it feels like 4.

theres even people that passed that used to post here

Anti-Matter wrote:

@ogo79
I will continue your It's dangerous to go alone meme.

i have no doubt of that

Professor_Plumber wrote:

@ogo79 Dang, respect! Well thank you for sticking around even though I'm sure it's nothing how it used to be!

it is and it isnt. i try to keep it the same in my life. a lot has happened in 13 years, sometimes i look around here and see old stuff and think about where i was at that point in my life.

Snatcher wrote:

@ogo79 An old one! Please teach us yours ways! (For real though welcome to the future!)

the future is a bad thing.

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic