Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 80,821 to 80,840 of 96,491

TeaCatherine

@ComfyAko Well, yeah but better if neither happens.

Currently playing: Metal Gear Solid
Back burner: Hollow Knight, Undertale

Princess_Lilly

@TeaCatherine That would be perfect, yeah.

But we need an imperfect solution for the imperfect world of ours

I hope I don't sound too negative, I'm trying very hard to be positive

Princess_Lilly

Anti-Matter

I really have tough decision to pick Final Fantasy VIII PS4 as the physical release only available in PAL version yet I really disagree with PEGI 16 label on it because it should be rated PEGI 12 and judging from ESRB descriptor, I still find the contents from FF VIII was tolerable enough considering I grew up by FF VIII PS1 since year 1999.

The thing that made me thinking twice to pick FF VIII PS4 was I don't like to display games with not supposed to be rated PEGI 16 as I strictly prohibited every single PEGI 16 games, but maybe I will make exception for FF VIII PS4 as I already knew that game long time ago.

If I decided to pick FF VIII PS4 with PEGI 16 label, I have to disable my PS4 Parental Control so my PS4 machine will able to play FF VIII PS4 as PEGI age rating system is really confusing and sometimes pretty wrong from my perception.

I already have FF VIII Switch version Asia version with NO Age rating label on it yet my Switch machine with Parental control lv 5 can play FF VIII Remastered. I guess the Asia version didn't have Parental control level so it will not violating my restrictions.

I really want to pick FF VIII PS4 but the PEGI 16 label really irked me. 😟
Should I pick the game and cover it with PEGI 12 label ? 😅

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

TeaCatherine

@Anti-Matter Just get the European one, you know the game, you know its contents, it doesn't matter what age rating it says on the box, when it all comes down to it what does it matter? Sure it may cross your line in the sand but sometimes you've got to step back and see that sometimes it's all right to move the goalposts. It's just a thing some random people decided, after all, they don't always get it right.
@ComfyAko This world may be imperfect but at least sometimes stuff goes your way for once.

blindsquirrel

@Owl1
Hey, maybe Miyamoto liked working from home.

Currently playing: Pokemon Soul Silver, Mario RPG
Enos 1:15

Anti-Matter

@TeaCatherine
Well, maybe I have to paste with some white cover on the front cover and black cover on the back cover to conceal the PEGI 16 label, so it will be looks like this. 😅
Untitled

Anti-Matter

TeaCatherine

@Anti-Matter Eh, what's the point? I know you have a very strict personal ruleset, I just don't see the point of it, if you want the game get it, don't bother being ashamed because it has a slightly higher age rating than what you're used to.

Princess_Lilly

@Anti-Matter Choose violence.

@TeaCatherine I am sometimes surpirsed how things fall in place well. It's like I'm so used to struggle, I find it sus when things go my way

Princess_Lilly

blindsquirrel

@Owl1
Strikes me as more of a shorts kinda guy.

TeaCatherine

@ComfyAko I'm always thankful when things go well after some kind of bad luck.

blindsquirrel

@Owl1
Face your fears and embrace it.

You fought a king Gleeok yet? I know where one is, but I need to get to the point where I can reliably kill each type before I take it on.

Anti-Matter

@TeaCatherine
Okay, I think I will find the right time to get FF VIII PS4 as my current PS4 storage is getting smaller so I need another PS4 machine with 2TB HDD installed to play bigger GB size PS4 games. And FF VIII PS4 will be on the 2nd PS4 machine.
And to think again, my The Sims 4 PS4 itself basically for 15+ years old gamer for moderate sexual theme and interactions, yet it rated PEGI 12 but 15+ by Asian age rating and my The Sims 4 is USA version with ESRB Teen label.

Anti-Matter

TeaCatherine

@Anti-Matter Nothing worse than being low on storage, I guess that's one way the Switch beats all the other platforms, you don't have ridiculously sized games.

Princess_Lilly

@Anti-Matter You know, it would be better if you saw a trailer of a game instead of looking at the PEGI/ESRB/CERO/Whatever else. I tried finding useful rating systems for anime as I dislike fanservice and sexual stuff, and they were all over the place. Nothing useful.

@TeaCatherine but you have ridiculously low SD cards, it kinda evens out. Running low on the 2nd SD card, yours sincerely, Ako.

Princess_Lilly

TeaCatherine

@ComfyAko Yeah, I know. I have a few SD cards but I don't need that many because most of the games I download don't have massive file sizes because they tend to be ports of older games. I'm on to my 3rd I think and they're not even those massive ones.

Princess_Lilly

@TeaCatherine The old consoles don't need them as much. 3ds, Vita, Wii U, X360 were all in this weird place where storage space would be big but games weren't

Princess_Lilly

JONOFTHEJONS

@Professor_Plumber Well, my Switch got water damaged and my warranty has expired. I guess I have to get a new one if it doesn’t dry by tomorrow.

Edited on by JONOFTHEJONS

You only need to know about my many obsessions, which consist of Lego, Fortnite, Nintendo, PlayStation and Xbox games, drawing on my Tablet, Dragon Ball Z, My Hero Academia, Thomas The Tank Engine, Star Wars, and Ninjago.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic