Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 79,841 to 79,860 of 96,503

card-crunch78

Tomorrow I'm gonna go see the Mario movie one last time, then I'm going to this all-you-can-eat Chinese buffet that I enjoy going once (or even twice!) a month.

🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸

Tyranexx

Forums seem quieter than usual. Must mean there's a new game out or something....XD My USB mouse is on the fritz, so I'm unfortunately stuck with my laptop's touch pad until I buy a replacement.

@Professor_Plumber Actually, I was pretty tired Thursday night/early Friday morning (didn't get to bed until a little before 1). Sleeping wasn't very hard at all. I did a ton of yard work earlier in the week and also had a sweat session Thursday evening too. My body needed some R&R.

@Sunsy I didn't really mind the FLUDD mechanics once I got used to them. My main issues were the forced no FLUDD sections...some of those were painful. I wouldn't have minded them nearly as much if you weren't required to get the first seven Shines in each area to unlock the final encounter. I also experienced a couple of glitches such as Mario clipping through platforms when he shouldn't have. And he's still somewhat floaty/slippery in that game, which is one of my complaints with Super Mario 64 too.

I walked by the abandoned theater I mentioned today since I was playing Pokemon Go in our downtown area; I was out running an errand for Mother's Day tomorrow, plus I needed some fresh air after going crazy with Tears of the Kingdom on my day off yesterday. XD So sad that it's just sitting there...derelict. It's smack against other buildings in use though, so I doubt they'll level it unless it becomes a major hazard.

@MarioLover92 Definitely. I can't easily count how many times I was confused about how to use an item to advance before it would finally click; it's basically like solving a dynamic puzzle. I really do think I would've enjoyed Tri Force Heroes more if I could reliably play with others when needed. Though grinding for outfits would've been a pain regardless.

To be fair, Spirit Tracks technically reuses some characters/models, but it's set 100 years in the future from Phantom Hourglass; very few of those characters are the same. I hope you did have fun with those MK8D courses; the trains allow for some fun dynamics in that game. Pun points for you! You'd maybe pick...Team Train?

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Snatcher

@blindsquarel @Professor_Plumber This is what makes me feel excited for silk song, when it finally comes out, I will be so happy! And I. Sure that’s how botw feels to a lot of people! Now I wasn’t much of a fan of the first game, no, that’s not right, I got like 50 or so hours, I loved the game, wile I didn’t finish it, it just wasn’t something I was really into, not that I didn’t like it, but botw 2, man something about makes me excited, I want to play it so bad, it just adds stuff I feel like I always wanted but didn’t know I wanted, if that makes sense.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

Snatcher

Professor_Plumber wrote:

@Snatcher Oh it feels like a $70 game.
Honestly between Star Wars Jedi: Survivor and Tears of the Kingdom, I'm starting to see the quality in the price bump

Oh Jedi survivor, I loved the first game so much! How is it compared to the first one? I have heard great things! However, one problem, he is not wearing a poncho. And if the prices are increased, then I hope that means quality and fun as well!

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

blindsquirrel

@Snatcher
Actually I’m kinda glad silksong hasn’t came out. I still gotta work up the nerve to beat the gauntlet that is Hollow Knight.

Currently playing: Pokemon Soul Silver, Mario RPG
Enos 1:15

Snatcher

@blindsquarel Hollow knight is difficult but when you get the mechanics down, it gets easier, granted it’s still hard, but much easier once you get the movement down, and you do get more option as the game goes on, I hope whenever you do get to it, I hope you enjoy it, because you will feel like you ripped off the devs.

Kermit1doesmath

blindsquarel wrote:

@Snatcher
Actually I’m kinda glad silksong hasn’t came out. I still gotta work up the nerve to beat the gauntlet that is Hollow Knight.

I've played a tiny bit of Hollow Knight and... I got lost and died more times than I have fingers.

dysgraphia awareness human

blindsquirrel

@Snatcher
I definitely had a lot of fun with what I played. I got to the boss in the city of tears and then quit, due to the difficulty. Hopefully I can get back to it sometime after I complete TOTK.

@Owl1
You just described my brothers playthrough of the game.

blindsquirrel

@Professor_Plumber @Owl1
I made a sweet hover board looking thing. Controlled like crap and moved like a snail, but it worked!!!

Also the Rito dungeon is great. Not on the level of say, the forest temple, but I’d put it around the same level as the fire temple from Ocarina. So around a B+.

blindsquirrel

@Professor_Plumber
You’re about to the lead up to the dungeon, although that is also amazing.

The kids name is Tulin and he is my new favorite Zelda character.

blindsquirrel

@Owl1
They should call it The Legend of Tulin.

blindsquirrel

@Owl1
The Tulin of Tulin: It’s Tulin time.

Anti-Matter

Tulin ?
That was the name of country in Borneo Island (Kalimantan) in Indonesia.

Anti-Matter

TeaCatherine

@Eagly I'm going to watch it at some point because I'm a crazy person.
@Snatcher Yeah, it's a shame.

Currently playing: Metal Gear Solid
Back burner: Hollow Knight, Undertale

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic