Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 79,381 to 79,400 of 96,515

Tyranexx

Been trying to mop up the games I currently have going and think I'll finish what I have left by Friday, but we'll see. I've had a lot going on IRL this week between the usual work stuff, a ton of yard work since the weather is finally cooperating (Side note: Roses are tricky to prune), and errands. I'm typing this now: I will likely be mostly mute for a few days as I try to enjoy TotK to the fullest! Though some Mother's Day stuff will get thrown in too.

@Anti-Matter To be fair, the Mario movie came after Super Mario Galaxy, which originally released back in 2007. Pretty much every mainline Mario title is light on plot, so at the time the plot it did have was quite welcome. I do agree that the damsel in distress trope is overdone in Mario, which is why I found Peach's portrayal in the Super Mario Bros. Movie refreshing. You could say that Nintendo (and, by extension, DreamWorks) has improved the series's storytelling over time...though gameplay should still take precedence IMO.

@Sunsy The storybook chapters don't start unlocking until a certain point in the game, then they unlock every so often as you progress closer to fighting Bowser for the final time. Super Mario Galaxy is still my favorite of the bunch. I was hyped for Sunshine since I never had access to it back in the day, but...While it did a lot of things right, I fully understand many of the complaints about it too.

It is sad that many abandoned properties are left to rot. So full of history and interesting nooks...if exploring the area is legal/safe that is. I followed a guy who photographed random abandoned properties across America at one point. Many of those photos were pretty intriguing to say the least!

@EllaTheKawaiiNeko Sand, sand everywhere....I do indeed hope Seef has AC! I don't mind sand to look at, but I don't care to be in it since it gets...well, everywhere. And I mean everywhere.

@MarioLover92 Yep, the whole "use the dungeon item you found to help beat the area's boss" trope dates all the way back to A Link to the Past. It's a trope I like well and am familiar with since it's solving a puzzle in a way, though I don't mind it when the Zelda team tries something different either. Tri Force Heroes was NOT a great single player experience, though I've heard playing with others can be fairly decent if they're people you know and trust not to stab you in the back...unlike online randos. No rush on that Anna drawing, just whenever you get around to it.

Cool, didn't know National Train Day was this coming Saturday! I do encourage you to play Spirit Tracks, though I will warn you the complaints about the Spirit Flute since, despite the beautiful tunes it can provide, isn't always easy to use. I have no clue how the Wii U version handles this lol. The game is a sequel to Phantom Hourglass, though only loosely in many aspects since ST takes place roughly 100 years after PH. I do hope you enjoy your train-related gaming sessions; if I do anything train-related, it'll likely involve something I'm putting together in TotK by then.

@Eagly I wondered where you'd gotten to; don't blame you for avoiding Xenoblade spoilers. I'll still have to dodge them for a few months yet. I actually haven't mentioned said development yet; still finalizing a couple of things there, but it very much will be happening at this point. More on that in a week or so. Short but sweet clip regarding Peacemaker, showing he can reflect; I haven't seen much Cena material, but I have been impressed by what I have seen. The guy definitely has talent despite getting into Hollywood in a less conventional way compared to some.

I'm still surprised Tri Force Heroes wasn't an eShop-only side game, sort of like what happened with some of the Kirby games spun off from both Triple Deluxe and Planet Robobot. While I had fun with both Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks, I agree both games would benefit from remasters (or full remakes) as I do consider them among the weaker Zelda games. You've hit on a lot of why I prefer ST, though in PH's favor it does have the original Linebeck going for it. I'm glad you got to experience the majesty that is A Link Between Worlds; it's one of my favorite 2D Zelda experiences. I actually prefer it over ALttP.

I do hope to get to Future Redeemed...sometime after I'm done with TotK...which might be a bit. Trying to mop up the games I currently have going by Friday. Yeah, Aegaeon ultimately didn't have much going on personality-wise; the team could've done better there. I think the fact that Sena had less of an impact was because she idolized Mio; she was trying so hard to be "perfect" like her, or what she saw as perfect. I do agree that her Ascension Quest was more meant for Ghondor/Shania's closure (Good grief I'm still peeved at Shania's perfectionist mom). Fully agreed on Pyra being Mythra's perfect defense mechanism/shield. I do think both Adam and especially Rex helped Mythra to heal from the tragedy she experienced at the end of Torna.

Edited on by Tyranexx

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

TheBigBlue

I am so confused right now

Wait, why do we need a signature? Eh, I don’t know. Here’s your signature.

Kermit1doesmath

@Professor_Plumber I have explaining to do to my mom now, I told her I was friends with a Colonel_Mustache...

Nice name change, you might want to @ everyone about it since your post will probably get lost.

dysgraphia awareness human

Kermit1doesmath

Professor_Plumber wrote:

Aye, the art of shoving a toaster down the toilet...
(Disclaimer any impressionable children: please don't do this)

Do this, if your house explodes, bonus. (< satire)

Edited on by Kermit1doesmath

Kermit1doesmath

Professor_Plumber wrote:

Owl1 wrote:

Professor_Plumber wrote:

Aye, the art of shoving a toaster down the toilet...
(Disclaimer any impressionable children: please don't do this)

Do this, if your house explodes, bonus. (< satire)

Lol
Again, if you're a child and on here: DONT DO THIS

• Get toaster
  • Get bread
  • Get plate
  • Put bread in toaster
  • Hit the toast button
  • Wait
  • Get the toast of the toaster
  • Put toasted bread on plate
  • Eat the toast
  • When done put plate in sink
  • Put toaster away
  • Put bread away
  • RUN

Snatcher

@Professor_Plumber Say your orginal user name just so I can be sure in burn it into my memory

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic