Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 68,821 to 68,840 of 96,542

TeaCatherine

@EaglyTheKawaiiShika Eh, understandable. I do fell like you kind of wasted your money on that DVD though (It's mediocre in my opinion and tends to be on TV quite often round here.)

Currently playing: Metal Gear Solid
Back burner: Hollow Knight, Undertale

TeaCatherine

Okay, gotta go play Xenoblade Chronicles 3 now.

Princess_Lilly

@Fizza Same

Whenever I'm checking what's going on, I find out that there is much going on indeed.

Princess_Lilly

Tasuki

Sad to hear about the death of Pele. As someone who didn't follow sports to much when I was kid I can say that Pele was one of the first pro athletes I remember hearing about. By the that time Pele was long since retired but I had a soccer coach as a kid that was a big fan of him. He would tells us about his playstyle and such.

Such a huge lost to the sporting world. Condolences to his family, friends and fans. May he rest in peace.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Fizza

@Tasuki I read a ton of football books as a kid and every time Pele came up in them, I marvelled at the way they described him: the effortlessness in which he controlled the ball, the efficiency of his scoring capabilities and all the little things he did outside of football to help wherever he could captured my heart from a very young age. I later ended up watching many of his matches and it felt like everything I had imagined about him as a child came to life in front my eyes. I don't think I'll ever be able to fully put into words what the guy meant to me as a lifelong fan of the sport and his presence, just like Maradona, is going to be missed for the rest of time. Rest In Peace to the best the footballing world has ever seen.
Untitled

Currently MIA for exams; see you all in a bit! o7
Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: YT1-0Q2-YFF
Please ask for permission before using my FC!
Currently Playing: Extreme-G (N64)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3505-5480-3330 | Twitter:

TeaCatherine

I must really suck at XC3, I got stuck twice in an early game Hero quest (The Zeon one on hard difficulty). Also, I must have the worst solution ever to being stuck, I just add more healers (I eventually beat Consul B with 1 attacker (Noah, Swordguy (forgot the name of his original class)), 2 tanks (Lanz and Zeon in their original classes) and everyone else was a healer.

TeaCatherine

@EaglyTheKawaiiShika Oh, I know but once I'm in a battle it's annoying to quit and have to go back to the last landmark. Anyway, it was funny to hear about your Astofloo problem, but it's 11:30PM here so I've got to go to bed now.

WaffleBoat

I’ve played like 2 and a half hours of xenoblade 3 and the game hasn’t started yet… so back to deltarune I guess.

I fear no man
but that thing:
The carrot minigame from bowser's inside story
it scares me

Tyranexx

@EaglyTheKawaiiShika Wait...If I'm reading that right, half of Disney's content is actually gated to Hulu? I technically have "free" Hulu with ads through my Spotify Premium sub, but I don't use it. Part of the reason I used to not stream was because my internet was terrible, but that's thankfully no longer the case. Fiber is a godsend.

@Sunsy That's right, I forgot Roku TVs are a thing lol. Spotify is very functional even when it's free, but I couldn't stand the skip limit (I'm picky sometimes) and absolutely hate ads. Half the reason I use it in my car is because I can't stand the plethora of radio ads these days.

I hope to get to them in the next few months, though I don't want to play Legends: Arceus too close to when Tears of the Kingdom releases since they're both action/adventure titles, though one will definitely be more open world. I think it's about time to move on to my "long" winter RPG pick after I get a couple of shorter games out of the way.

Currently playing: Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch), Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Trials and Tribulations (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Sunsy

Had a rather nice Christmas surprise today. My mom usually orders groceries online, so the person in charge of the local supermarket's online ordering sent something extra, it was cosmic brownies and a juice drink with a Paw Patrol topper. I haven't seen too much of Paw Patrol, I know my nephew use to watch it when he was little and seen some clips, still very thoughtful as she knows I do love cartoons.

She knows me and my mom from when my mom use to be able to go out to shop, I still see her if I have to do an errand at the store.

EaglyTheKawaiiShika wrote:

@Sunsy I guess as long as it’s online It dosen’t take up radio waves. Theres no harm as long as people are watching but it feels like a channel even the biggest shortcake fans would get bored of eventually. You very much can have too much of a good thing. My comfort show is Phineas and Ferb perfect shoe to watch when I’m under the wether. I try to avoid stuff like funny meth man and his disappointment of a student while sick to dark and complex for me to think about . Don’t care for any home alone past 2 and stardew is the only farming sim that I’ve enjoyed I really tried with slime rancher but I couldn’t get into it

Nah, it's on Roku, so it's streamed over the Internet (funnily enough, if a Roku TV isn't hooked up to cable or an antenna, it defaults to the streaming live TV on the Roku Channel when you click the Live TV button). Phineas and Ferb is good stuff.

Mom and I always will watch 1 and 2, and even 3. Say what you want about 3, at least John Hughes had involvement with that one too, still had its moments. Home Alone 4, 5, and 6, were just made.

I want to try Slime Rancher out of curiosity, my nephew enjoyed the game on Xbox, so I may try it on PC.

Anti-Matter wrote:

@Sunsy
I see.
Sometimes I forgot what kind of games you like to play since you played very specific titles / franchises.

I personally became more open with some never before played games after have PS3 machine so it was like stepping out a little bit from my comfort zone.
Btw, today is my 3rd anniversary of my PS3 machine purchase day that I bought on 29 December 2019. I will add PS3 Move full set today as I have been waiting patiently for 3 years to not playing my PS3 games with Move requirement to play. It's the time now.

Btw, have you ever stepping out from your comfort zone in term of playing the video games, like trying never before played games from not your cup of tea genre ?
I already did from Ratchet & Clank games since 3 years ago, before that I really uncomfortable to play cartoonish shooter games.

Could you mention again your games genre you like to play so I will not forget what kind of games you like to play from reading your comments?
I like to play rhythm games like DDR + MaiMai + DrumMania, farming sim games like Harvest Moon / Story of Seasons, Life sim games like The Sims or ACNH / ACNL, 3D platformer games like Kao the Kangaroo or Ratchet & Clank games, monster taming games like Yokai Watch or Pokemon or Nexomon, movie tie-in games like Disney games or Tintin Adventures or Dreamworks games, etc. I pretty much like a lot of cartoonish looking games.
I rarely mentioned Mario games as I really have low hype with Mario franchise despite I still like to collect some of their games, but again still low hype so I will not play Mario games with high excitement.

I wouldn't know about leaving my comfort zone as I play platformers, some RPGs, racing games, some fighting games, puzzle games, and shooting games (rail like Star Fox, arcade-style, shoot 'em up, FPS). I already play different kinds of games. Unless you mean characters, I do like playing stuff with characters I like, hence why I like the My Little Pony and Smurfs games that came out in recent years. Sometimes, there are some indie games that do interest me, but they fall under those categories too.

The one time I did try something new were visual novels. After trying Doki Doki Literature Club, I tried other visual novels, and loved some of the ones I played. Parascientific Escape was cool, it was a visual novel about psychics, and you had puzzle elements. I have the three games on 3DS.

I do like a few rhythm games. As I mentioned I have Hatsune Miku Project Mirai DX on 3DS, and the Wii version of Samba de Amigo, and enjoy both.

@Tyranexx Yeah, we just got a Roku TV for the living room, it's new to us. As awesome thing, I can now have the old Roku that was in the living room.

Sounds like a good plan to me. Yeah, Tears of the Kingdom is going to be large. Speaking of open world, I'm enjoying Sonic Frontiers. Kind of surprised how well Sonic works in an open world. Really liking how Kronos Island reminds me of Breath of the Wild. I don't have Breath of the Wild on Switch, but I have played the game on Wii U.

The resident Trolls superfan! Saw Trolls Band Together via early access and absolutely loved it!

Anti-Matter

@Sunsy
I see you have ever tried out some never before played games but you rarely talk it about.
Btw, since you played a lot on Steam or PC, you might like to try Dance Dance Revolution Grand Prix on PC if you like to play other Rhythm games as it was the only home version of DDR A3 Arcade by Konami. It has more than 700 songs. If I remembered correctly, there are some Vocaloid songs on DDR Grand Prix / DDR A3 Arcade, as well the TOHO Eurobeat songs like Cirno Perfect Math Class, Guilty Diamonds, No Life Queen, etc.

Anti-Matter

Snatcher

EaglyTheKawaiiShika wrote:

@Snatcher thank you after today’s events marrying Astoflo is the only thing that could have made me happy. After Dunkey revealed donkey kong had been murderd and described the brutal treatment of his corpse and I had to watch way of the water instead of puss in boots 2 my life was shattered. He called of Donkey Kong December early out of respect. I was conflicted on one hand my Idol is dead and I wasted 3 hours of my life on the most soulless movie of all time (James Cameron has permanently lost his b#### about marvel movies being soulless cgi fests privileges for life when his characters were flatter than characters from the worst marvel movies ). However I found newfound passion for my star my perfect silence My waifu Astofolo . Our wedding was amazing and I don’t regret it. Astoflo is my Waifu now and I’ll love him forever get into fights over who the best waifu is and spend way too much on bodie pillows now. If your okay with triggering content watch Dunkey’s video yourself you should know what happened to Donkey Kong.

This was the most moving this I have ever read, everyone, please, watch the video, like and subscribe as well.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

Snatcher

I hope I have a new pfp ready by New Years, we'll see.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

Sunsy

@Anti-Matter Color me surprised, I don't see any Dance Dance Revolution games on Steam. Not that it matters, I actually don't have room for a dance mat. My home is on the small side. Haven't been able to use the Wii Balance Board for the few games that use it either. I miss playing Super Monkey Ball Step & Roll with it.

@EaglyTheKawaiiShika That's fine, it was just a nice gesture someone who helps mom with online orders did. No need to overthink it. I never seen a full episode of Paw Patrol, so I can't speak on the show itself.

Yeah, despite DDLC's content, it just made me check out some more VNs that weren't with the elements DDLC had, and genuinely enjoyed them.

Smurfs: Mission Vileaf and My Little Pony: A Maretime Bay Adventure are quality licensed games IMO. To me, in order to be a good licensed game, it has to do a good job capturing the series it's based off of, while still being a good, fun game to play. Smurfs: Mission Vileaf did just that IMHO, just ended up being a good platformer based off the cartoon and comic series, adopts The Lost Village-style looks for graphics. To compare, Smurfs 2 on Wii U, was just a generic platformer with Smurfs in it.

Edited on by Sunsy

The resident Trolls superfan! Saw Trolls Band Together via early access and absolutely loved it!

MarioVillager92

@Eel I'd like to post pictures of some of my Christmas presents, and there will be 8 images from me. Is it OK if I post them all in small image thumbnails that you could click/tap on, so you could see them in their full resolution? Or should I just put them in links without any pictures in my post? I know that you're not supposed to have a large amount of full images on your post, since they can slow down the site loading for others. Thank you for your help!

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

blindsquirrel

These best of 2022 articles need to stop. I got exited about a new Zelda trailer when I realized it was just a repost.

Currently playing: Pokemon Soul Silver, Mario RPG
Enos 1:15

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic