Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 68,801 to 68,820 of 96,318

Zuljaras

@ComfyAko Actually the Lego Ideas like "The Office" and "Home Alone" are designed by people that do not work at Lego Those are fans that use a 3D building program and put it on the Lego site. Then people vote on the idea and if you reach 10000 votes Lego will consider it. Then they contact the people and tell them the good news

And the people are properly credited in the manual inside the box with photos and everything

TeaCatherine

@EaglyTheKawaiiShika My problems with the tutorials are:
1. The drip feed is annoying
2. If I have to go into a menu for a tutorial I don't want to be forced out of that menu as soon as I'm done with the tutorial.

Edited on by TeaCatherine

Currently playing: Metal Gear Solid
Back burner: Hollow Knight, Undertale

Tyranexx

@EaglyTheKawaiiShika No issues with you watching the new Avatar movie either; that's another on my watch list. To each their own on Disney's interests. I haven't been too impressed with much of anything Marvel after Endgame; I feel like they're beating a dead horse now. I admittedly haven't seen a lot of the shows you mentioned, but I've heard of many of them. I just don't really watch TV or do a lot of streaming period.

@Sunsy While I own a smart TV, it's mostly locked to the apps it shipped with. My next tv will likely be a plain one with a Roku box. My only streaming sub is Spotify since I listen to a lot of music at work and stream it in my car; I hate public radio due ti all the ads and my tastes.

Sounds like a lot of site denizens have great hauls this year. I hope you enjoy your Trolls haul! Seems like a lot of themed Trolls stuff up there. Not sure when I'll get to those two games yet, but hopefully within the next few months lol. The first two Home Alone movies are great, but the franchise went downhill after Macaulay Culkin aged out.

@MarioLover92 Don't worry; I already own SM3DW on Switch! I picked it up digitally on sale. Not sure when I'll play it yet though. 😅 Honestly, Bowser's Fury will likely be the mode I try first since it's new.

Maleficent is really good; it's a neat dark fantasy spin on the source material and adds much more nuance to her character. There's also a sequel that isn't quite as good but is still worth a watch if you enjoy the first movie.

Sounds like you have a great Christmas haul too. Most of what I got is available elsewhere in the appropriate thread. I also was gifted the first Trails in the Sky on Steam as a nice surprise. Unsure when that'll get played though!

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Anti-Matter

@Tyranexx
Pretty much same as me, I don't watch TV that much as I thought the TV programs nowadays are uninteresting for me. I prefer watching something from YouTube, either I found some old reality shows like Next Top Model or old cartoon series that long time I didn't watch.
Sometimes I found some talents from YouTube that I like to watch their channels.
Do you want some of my recommendation for something to watch or listen from YouTube ?
Check the channel of The Kiffness (creative musics), exile (80's remix songs), Akira Eurobeat (Eurobeat remix songs), Hendrix Jinga (Magic Biggest Secret Finally Revealed show)

Anti-Matter

Tyranexx

@Anti-Matter I was an avid TV watcher when I was a kid, especially in Saturday mornings when some of the local networks had cartoons I couldn't normally watch (We didn't have cable or satellite until I was in high school). It's not something I've really done since moving into my own place. I own a TV, but it's normal use is to display video games. XD

I might check out a few of those YT channels. I typically watch RPG/gaming YouTubers when they have a video that interests me, random cartoon shorts, animal videos, some insane cooking channels like Binging With Babish, and somehow I've stumbled onto mesmerizing time lapse videos lately....

@EaglyTheKawaiiShika I haven't seen the new Avatar yet; I hope to soon. I do want to try Disney+ soon as well just to catch up on some of what I've been missing. I really like cartoons, it's just that some of those aired after I moved out on my own. I didn't even own a TV for about a year after moving out and mostly stuck with handheld gaming devices or reading for entertainment. I learned I didn't really miss it. There were some popular cartoons I just couldn't get into though, like Adventure Time, The Regular Show, and Naruto to name a few.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Fizza

I just got randomly logged out of my Twitter account and now I can't get back in whenever I try to do it through signing into my Google account. Anyone else have this issue?

Currently MIA for exams; see you all in a bit! o7
Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: YT1-0Q2-YFF
Please ask for permission before using my FC!
Currently Playing: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3505-5480-3330 | Twitter:

Sunsy

@Anti-Matter To keep it simple, farming sims just aren't my cup of tea. Sorry. If you enjoy them, that's cool. I really don't consider Animal Crossing a farming sim, even if it's a small part of it. Similar with Minecraft, there is some farming in it, but there's also building and cooking in the game, and finding resources in the mines.

My Little Pony is based off a cartoon I like, so chances are I'm going to end up enjoying the game (actually, just got it on sale on Steam to be able to play it on PC too). Cute has more to do with appearance. Good example, Twinkle Star Sprites is cute and it's not a farming sim, it's a cute 'em up.

@EaglyTheKawaiiShika Cool. Yeah it surprised me too. The channel consists of Strawberry Shortcake from 2003, and Strawberry Shortcake's Berry Bitty Adventures from 2010. I know Berry Bitty Adventures as it was a comfort show for me in 2016, it was a happy escape when I was going through a hard time, and have a bunch of DVDs.

It seems they play both shows in 6 hour shifts, still impressive they did a whole channel on Roku of the series. FWIW, Berry Bitty Adventures is four seasons, and I know that because I've seen it.

@Tyranexx Actually, mom had to replace the living room TV, and our new one has the Roku built into it. That's cool, I've used Spotify, but I think I had the free with ads version of it.

Thanks, I'm enjoying it between the books and the talking figure (which has a sensor that can detect the other character Branch, and can chatter with him, I need to get Branch just to try it). Shirt is short sleeve, so it may be awhile before I can wear it out, or layer it with a long sleeve one. When the time comes, enjoy them, I'm enjoying Sonic Frontiers so far. Yeah, Mom and I always love the first two, we like the third. Fourth on, we seen them once and that's about it.

The resident Trolls superfan! Saw Trolls Band Together via early access and absolutely loved it!

Anti-Matter

@Sunsy
I see.
Sometimes I forgot what kind of games you like to play since you played very specific titles / franchises.

I personally became more open with some never before played games after have PS3 machine so it was like stepping out a little bit from my comfort zone.
Btw, today is my 3rd anniversary of my PS3 machine purchase day that I bought on 29 December 2019. I will add PS3 Move full set today as I have been waiting patiently for 3 years to not playing my PS3 games with Move requirement to play. It's the time now.

Btw, have you ever stepping out from your comfort zone in term of playing the video games, like trying never before played games from not your cup of tea genre ?
I already did from Ratchet & Clank games since 3 years ago, before that I really uncomfortable to play cartoonish shooter games.

Could you mention again your games genre you like to play so I will not forget what kind of games you like to play from reading your comments?
I like to play rhythm games like DDR + MaiMai + DrumMania, farming sim games like Harvest Moon / Story of Seasons, Life sim games like The Sims or ACNH / ACNL, 3D platformer games like Kao the Kangaroo or Ratchet & Clank games, monster taming games like Yokai Watch or Pokemon or Nexomon, movie tie-in games like Disney games or Tintin Adventures or Dreamworks games, etc. I pretty much like a lot of cartoonish looking games.
I rarely mentioned Mario games as I really have low hype with Mario franchise despite I still like to collect some of their games, but again still low hype so I will not play Mario games with high excitement.

Anti-Matter

Snatcher

@EaglyTheKawaiiShika Happy wedding day! What a beautiful couple.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

Princess_Lilly

@Zuljaras Ah yes I remember there was something like that. Some of the creations are really amazing.

Princess_Lilly

TeaCatherine

@EaglyTheKawaiiShika Well, I'm glad to hear you enjoyed your wedding, to celebrate I've set as my profile picture someone who used to fall under the same umbrella as your cute "waifu".

Anti-Matter

Today is 3rd anniversary of my PS3 Slim purchase day on 29 December 2019. 😊
And to celebrate the anniversary, I bought PS3 Move set after 3 years I have been waiting patiently to find the right time to buy PS3 Move.
I tried my purchased PS3 games with Move requirement right after I bought the PS3 Move set. Some games I still struggle to follow the instruction due to first time using Move. My biggest impression so far was from Kung Fu Riders and Racket Sports. Eyepet was really tedious to listen all the narator said in order to able to proceed the next commands. Since I bought the PS3 Move controllers with low battery condition, I have to charge them while I played PS3. Next time I will charge all the PS3 Move controllers onto PS3 machine while I'm playing normal PS3 games.

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

So, I have question for all of you guys.

Which 3rd party games do you like for similar games as 1st party Nintendo games and why do you like them over than Nintendo have ?

For example, I prefer Yokai Watch games than Pokemon games because I like the battle system of Yokai Watch games and Yokai Watch games have interesting storyline and Yokai model than Pokemon games in my opinion.

Anti-Matter

TeaCatherine

@EaglyTheKawaiiShika It's Bridget from the Guilty Gear series who used to count as a "cute waifu" but is now just a cute waifu.

TeaCatherine

@EaglyTheKawaiiShika Thanks (I think.)
Also, yay! My order has been dispatched.

TeaCatherine

@EaglyTheKawaiiShika Nier Automata. You get anything for Christmas or just gift cards and money?

Fizza

I swear every single time I log out for a while, I always end up returning to the weirdest conversation topics. Nothing against the people in them of course, I just find the coincidence to be funny is all.

Currently MIA for exams; see you all in a bit! o7
Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: YT1-0Q2-YFF
Please ask for permission before using my FC!
Currently Playing: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3505-5480-3330 | Twitter:

TeaCatherine

@Fizza Hey, there's nothing weird about waifus. (Just kidding, yup this converstion is weird.)

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic