Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 68,761 to 68,780 of 96,523

TeaCatherine

@EaglyTheKawaiiShika Unfortunately, I'm only looking to use all £8.08 of my gold points and Hollow Knight is around £11. (It is on my wishlist though.)
Off topic, but which do you prefer, Agnian or Kevesi classes?

Currently playing: Metal Gear Solid
Back burner: Hollow Knight, Undertale

TeaCatherine

@blindsquarel Well, whatever it is, I hope it's not too bad and I hope you get well soon.

Snatcher

@blindsquarel I have faith everything will be alright.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

TeaCatherine

@EaglyTheKawaiiShika Hey, quick question for you, my 13 year old sister is a big fan of the band My Chemical Romance, because of this, she wants to watch Umbrella Academy, would you say it was suitable?

TeaCatherine

@EaglyTheKawaiiShika That seems like it would be alright for her, seeing as she's watched some 18 rated things before. That said, she's become a bit of a edgy emo since watching said 18 rated anime.

Edited on by TeaCatherine

TeaCatherine

@EaglyTheKawaiiShika Oh, it's always kind of a shame hearing about quality decline. Have you read the comics it's based on, by the way?

Anti-Matter

@Sunsy
Just curious if you have ever visited game arcade, since you like Sonic stuffs so I think you might like to play MaiMai Rhythm game arcade by SEGA.
Untitled

The machine is like two giant washing machine with circle screen that you have to tap or slide on the screen. The gameplay is like DDR but with hand. The songs consist J-POP, Anime songs, SEGA games songs, Toho Project songs, original MaiMai songs, variety songs that also crossover from KONAMI songs, etc.
And there are some Sonic songs over there so I think you might like to try just for curiousity, but if you become interested to play that game just go ahead.
This is one of Sonic song on MaiMai Arcade.

Anti-Matter

Snatcher

@blindsquarel Rest harder then you have ever rested before! Lol how do you rest hard anyway?

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

Snatcher

I just had a crazy thought, if you had the power to read minds, and you read an animals, wouldn’t it just be bark bark or growl or meow? Or would it be something else lmao.

Sunsy

@blindsquarel Yikes, really hoping for the best. I know what it's like to deal with medical problems, really hoping for the best, whatever it is.

@EaglyTheKawaiiShika Ok, for me and my mom, it's January 10th. We usually keep the tree up and lit until January 10th, and then take it down on the 11th, give or take a day if it gets busy. I usually end the music in the middle of January. I start early and end late because I love Christmas music.

Though, I usually keep the lights in my bedroom up, just because it makes it extra cozy in the winter.

The train around the tree, stays out a bit longer because my cat likes watching it move, lol.

@Anti-Matter I would be lucky if something like that came to the US. I have been to gaming arcades in the past, usually along the New Jersey boardwalk. Last time I was at one, it was a weird arcade version of Flappy Bird (yes, someone actually made an arcade version of a mobile game, you can't make this up), and a Transformers game Sega made. I remember in the 2000's the boardwalk had a retro arcade, and I went to the boardwalk in the early 2000's there were lots of games, as well as a local, now closed arcade.

I miss arcades, you're very lucky to have them still.

The game looks really good, Sega usually has some fun rhythm stuff. I played Samba De Amigo on Wii, I have Hatsune Miku Project Mirai DX on 3DS, and Space Channel 5 Part 2 on PC. I should try the latter again as the game didn't work on my old PC properly. Game ran great, but a bug with Radeon graphics cards prevented it from responding properly. Now I have an NVidea card, I should try it again.

The resident Trolls superfan! Saw Trolls Band Together via early access and absolutely loved it!

blindsquirrel

@Sunsy
Everything’s good, I’m already feeling a lot better.

Currently playing: Pokemon Soul Silver, Mario RPG
Enos 1:15

Sunsy

@blindsquarel Glad to hear it.

@EaglyTheKawaiiShika Not so much the tree, my cat just loves watching the train go round and round. Funnily enough, those movies don't get overplayed due to not having cable TV, mom does have a copy of Christmas Vacation, so we'll watch that whenever during Christmas time. Though I have watched it outside of the holiday season when I watched all the Vacation movies years ago, doing one each day in order.

Understandable. I start music in November as I usually do Christmas shopping early (in event of a snow storm in December, I don't travel in snow, even though I like looking at it), also it motivates me to prepare the apartment for Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years. I do put the outside lights out in November because it's usually warmer than December, but they stay off until after Thanksgiving, only going on for a quick test.

Edited on by Sunsy

The resident Trolls superfan! Saw Trolls Band Together via early access and absolutely loved it!

Tyranexx

@Anti-Matter Oh believe me, Disney is well known to make a lot of changes from a fairy tale or story's source material to make it more kid-friendly. Especially when the originators were The Brothers Grimm. The original Cinderella tale is quite graphic. Not to mention there can be several versions to a tale. I think I've read a version of Sleeping Beauty where all the spinning wheels were burned, but then it segued into the version with the old woman you mentioned. Though I think she did sleep a lot longer in the Disney version; the vines convey the passage of time IIRC. Also, the whole kingdom snoozes in that version. The only way the people wouldn't age or have any ill effects is how Disney explains a lot of the weirdness in their movies: magic.

@EaglyTheKawaiiShika Text wall. Brain is still processing. @.@ Seems you know quite a lot about the Shrek franchise! I did watch the clip you left. Pretty interesting and funny how they hinted at the trailer park aesthetic where Rumpelstiltskin lives. XD I hope Puss In Boots 2 was a decent watch! LMK if that one indeed requires watching any of the previous movies first. I do like the Shrek movies for the humor and how they do make fun of stereotypical fairy tale films too (not just Disney) despite liking them lol. I've always been a Disney fan (Its franchises; I'm not a fan of the corporate entity) and do like musicals, but they do follow a certain formula at times. I should mention not all Disney movies have singing...ever seen The Black Cauldron?...though most of them do.

@Sunsy I don't really watch TV or shows at all besides what I can find on YouTube. Streaming can definitely be cheaper than cable depending on various factors. Though some people like my parents have to rely on satellite TV since their internet isn't stable enough for streaming half the time.

Thanks as well. My Christmas was good overall, just very busy; honestly, I more look forward to decompressing the day after. Looks like you wound up with a lot of Trolls merch. A lot of what I got is posted in the Holiday 2022 Haul thread. Brownie points for watching Home Alone; it's one of my favorite movies.

Edited on by Tyranexx

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Snatcher

@EaglyTheKawaiiShika Yeah there probably wouldn’t be to much to read.

@Link-Hero I need to do more research into dolphins, because I have seen them do some really smart stuff. As for other animals that’s kinda what I think as well, I don’t think you could read animals minds whatsoever like you would a persons.

Snatcher

@EaglyTheKawaiiShika Some what, I actually started thinking about it because I was reading spy x family, Anya talks to animals a lot lol.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic