Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 68,721 to 68,740 of 96,530

Anti-Matter

Vortexeo wrote:

Merry Christmas guys! (If you get any new physical games don't forget to collect the gold coins from them )

Unless I bought PlayStation games.

Anti-Matter

Sunsy

Stopping by to wish everyone a Merry Christmas and a happy holidays! Been spending time with mom today, so hoping everyone is having a good day today.

Hopefully, I'll respond to any messages sometime after the holiday is over.

Edited on by Sunsy

The resident Trolls superfan! Saw Trolls Band Together via early access and absolutely loved it!

tekoii

Hiya everyone... Merry Christmas! 🚂 Have a wonderful day with loved ones. Bit random but I tried out VR with my family and oh man... I REALLY like it, I wanna snag me a headset some day. 😎 Been a while since I've been around here on the ole cc thread hey.. Happy Holidays 💖

Edited on by tekoii

🍄 MK8D ▶️ Youtube 🎨 DeviantArt

blindsquirrel

How would you go about selling a game code? I got a PS5 for Christmas and the god of war one was the only one available. I don’t play M rated games so it has no use for me.

Currently playing: Pokemon Soul Silver, Mario RPG
Enos 1:15

Snatcher

Vortexeo wrote:

Merry Christmas guys! (If you get any new physical games don't forget to collect the gold coins from them )

Thanks for the reminder!

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

Anti-Matter

Happy Boxing Day ! (26 December) 😁
Untitled

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

MarioVillager92

Hope you all had a wonderful Christmas and holiday! My Christmas was great - I had some nice family time and I got some cool presents, like some Switch games, and even the Sega Genesis Mini 2. (I seriously didn't think I would get it!) Of course, I gave some nice presents as well, 'cause I'm a nice guy.

@DreamlandGem Merry Christmas to you as well! I hope you had a wonderful day. If you're interested, I posted my Christmas drawing a couple days back in this thread, though I somehow forgot to tag your username. My bad!

@ComfyAko Oh I agree for sure. It really allows you to train your eye and notice small details while you're drawing figures and stuff like that. Same thing with painting. Though, that does cause me to overthink things while I'm drawing, lol. Ah gotcha, I should draw more often, honestly. It's been too long since I last drew.

@Eel Merry Christmas to you too. To list a few gifts of mine, I got some Switch games like Splatoon 3 and Persona 5 Royal - I was gonna play Splatoon 3 first, but the update was taking a good while to install, so I played P5R to pass the time. I even got the Sega Genesis Mini 2. Hope your Christmas/holiday was awesome!

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

Princess_Lilly

@MarioLover92 Yeah, it's hard not to feel overwhelmed when you just start drawing/painting. I watched so many tutorials, made so many notes like "do the same thing 20 times with small changes (iterative drawing)" to learn faster but when I actually get to open Krita I just... "ok let's paint the same thing (character standing from 3/4 perspective) for the 921464764th time. Start drawing you're out of time STARTDRAWINGNOW".

I feel like I turned it from fun into a chore just because I wanted to git gud fast. Now I'm unconsciously avoiding it altogether.

Princess_Lilly

jedgamesguy

Hope y'alls be having good cheer and merry spirit. Had a great Christmas with family, went out to see Avatar: The Way of Water this afternoon. Spectacular, beautifully-made movie with such a meticulous vision for the world of Pandora.

Currently playing:
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114

TeaCatherine

Well, I got Xenoblade Chronicles 3 for Christmas, so yay for me.

Currently playing: Metal Gear Solid
Back burner: Hollow Knight, Undertale

Anti-Matter

I still working on Story of Seasons: Pioneers of Olive Town PS4.
I keep collecting Orichalcum ores to get the invite in order to repair the greenhouse and upgrade my house to final expansion.
A lot of things to do by getting more money to pay the final house expansion for 1 Million & prepare the required items to upgrade my house. It was very grindy and the process in getting the processed products was very slow and very tedious.

Anti-Matter

Zuljaras

Merry Christmas from me too!

I hope you all got what you wanted!

Currently I am having internal struggle if I should purchase the Steam Deck. Playing my obscure PC games on a handheld that is with amazing build quality and having one of the best repairability and upgrade opportunities on the market.

But still, it costs 400$

I will cry myself to sleep and everything will be fine

Fizza

I'm back from Christmas celebrations!
Untitled
Spent the last two days down the country with a couple of relatives where we had massive breakfasts, played karaoke till the cows came home and overall had a fantastic time. I also managed to get a whole lot of gaming done in the downtime in between all of the crazy stuff happening such as:

• Grabbing 4 shinies on Christmas Day in Pokemon Scarlet with Sandy Shocks, Snom, Cubchoo and Cetoddle (plus an extra Croagunk I grabbed in Legends Arceus on the way back today!)
  • Finally beating Mario + Rabbids: Donkey Kong Adventure after putting it on the backburner for just under a year (an excellent bit of DLC I'd recommend to anyone who has Kingdom Battle)
  • Delving into some NSO games I missed such as starting Earthworm Jim (as a game it's OK so far but has some absolutely phenomenal animation/slapstick) and starting and beating Congo's Caper in a single 75 minute session (....the less said about this one the better).

So yeah: I had a pretty great time overall. We'll see if I can grab any games with Christmas money but even if that falls through, I've had a blast this year. Bring on 2023 baby!

Currently MIA for exams; see you all in a bit! o7
Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: YT1-0Q2-YFF
Please ask for permission before using my FC!
Currently Playing: Yoshi's Story (N64)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3505-5480-3330 | Twitter:

TeaCatherine

@Fizza Welcome back.

Currently playing: Metal Gear Solid
Back burner: Hollow Knight, Undertale

Anti-Matter

@Fizza
Welcome back. 😊
Just curious, have you ever played Yokai Watch or Nexomon ?

Anti-Matter

Fizza

@Anti-Matter Played Yo Kai Watch 1 & 2 as a kid and absolutely loved them. They definitely get compared to Pokemon a lot but I personally like to view them as their own thing that takes inspiration from it rather than the 'Pokemon Killer!!1!' it was touted as back in 2013/14.

I've also been meaning to try out Nexomon since I've heard it's basically a Pokemon ROM Hack with the budget of an actual game and that alone makes me extremely excited

Currently MIA for exams; see you all in a bit! o7
Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: YT1-0Q2-YFF
Please ask for permission before using my FC!
Currently Playing: Yoshi's Story (N64)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3505-5480-3330 | Twitter:

Tyranexx

I hope everyone is having a great holiday season! Christmas is over now, but we still have New Years.

@EaglyTheKawaiiShika I meant "skippable" at one point in my last post. That's what I get for posting on my phone. XD

Shrek 3 is that terrible huh? I've never watched the full film, but I've seen a couple of entertaining clips from it. Wondering if those were the highlights then. The only reason I skipped the fourth movie was that I hadn't seen the third yet, plus it did seem like Dreamworks was beating a dead horse by then. Have they come out and said 3 isn't canon? I'm glad they didn't make 4 a reboot. From what little i do know, Fiona is awesome in the movie. Definitely following your recommendation on this one. I have a way I can borrow both, so that's what I'll probably do before long. You're clearly a big fan of the franchise!

@Sunsy I was actually thinking of subbing to Netflix a year or two ago, then they raised their prices. I decided I could wait. XD I hope you had a great Christmas and had an awesome gift exchange!

@MarioLover92 Totally agree on Super Mario 3D World. The main reason I waited so long was due to playing it before, but I am intrigued by the Bowser's Fury mode. I've heard it's a decent add-on and at least brings more to the table than the slight modifications made to DKC: Tropical Freeze before Nintendo Switched it over from the Wii U. Good luck on your BotW playthrough! I'm glad that seems to be going well.

Glad that you watched Sleeping Beauty! It's a decent film, though I wish they'd given Aurora a more active role. Knowing how customs worked in that time period too, I can't say I blame Maleficent for getting teed off. Though I don't condone what she did at all. The spinoff movie is pretty good IMO, at least if you're into dark fantasy. She's painted more as an antihero there. "Make it pink!" "Blue!" "Pink!"

I hope your Christmas was excellent! Mine was good, just tiring. The day itself and the evening before are a bit of a marathon, hence why I've laid off the forums.

Edited on by Tyranexx

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic