Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 68,561 to 68,580 of 96,530

TeaCatherine

@EllaTheKawaiiNeko Oh, I was already planning too, although I haven't quite decided who yet.

Currently playing: Metal Gear Solid
Back burner: Hollow Knight, Undertale

blindsquirrel

@Zuljaras
The burgers will be good, that is for sure.

Currently playing: Pokemon Soul Silver, Mario RPG
Enos 1:15

Anti-Matter

My annual calendar 2023 poster A3 size has been printed.
It looks very good. 😊
I put my 3 Chibi Boxers for the picture.
I will display on the wall right after New Year's Eve.

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

TeaCatherine

@EllaTheKawaiiNeko Have you ever had an anime site goof up in any way? The one I use sometimes randomly puts an episode in the wrong place (like 10 episodes later then it should be, for example.)

Princess_Lilly

I kinda miss the times when couch coop was the main form of multiplayer

Princess_Lilly

Snatcher

EaglyTheKawaiiShika wrote:

@Snatcher I can’t think of a single Amphibia main character I didn’t like minus wishing Yunan, Oliva and Grime were more fleshed out (the book didn’t really touch on any of them). Yunan and Grime just have these really cool backstories that aren’t explored and Olivia sometimes feels like walking exposition with a fun personality to be clear I do love all 3 of them I can recite Yunans catchphrase from memory I just wish we knew more about them. The show is also incredible tightly written It took rewatching it to see they may have crammed in even more foreshadowing than Gravity falls I mean come on The energy drink anime scene was bold and the writers drew attention the moon the whole time they even labeled the Halloween special non cannon because of it that was incredible bold. I love the show and providing the creators are the involved with it I would not mind a continuation
If you want I could send you some photos of the book to see if it’s something your interested inin the thread. I’m just asking you because I don’t want to blast everyone with 5-10 Pictures unless I have a reason to. It wouldn’t be any Trouble and I’ll avoid anything spoilery. I cant recommend the book to you I love the show to much to be objective but I can show you the books full truth about its quality and contents

Sorry for not replying sooner. I didn’t even realize that till you said something! They really were hinting at it the whole time! Also her eyes were turning blue since the first episode! Which I actually noticed unlike the moon. yes I would like pictures of the book please!

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

Snatcher

@EaglyTheKawaiiShika Omg I love this! It looks just like hers! And it steeled in the same way! This is amazing!

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

Snatcher

@EaglyTheKawaiiShika Man you got a good taste in these books! I need to get me one of these!

Sunsy

Apologies for late responses again, hopefully after Christmas I'll try to be more active. Not much has been happening lately, been getting ready for Christmas and enjoying Christmas movies with mom, as well as some gaming. Also watched a Christmas movie called Noelle on Disney+, nice movie to watch, also found it cool the main character Noelle was played by Anna Kendrick, who happens to be the voice of Poppy on Trolls.

Tyranexx wrote:

@Sunsy I need to properly watch the other Despicable Me films at some point. I don't often watch movies these days unless they're in theaters though. I often prefer to use my limited spare time to game or read....Key word is limited since I don't have a ton of time these days.... Sing was a decent movie, but I think Sing 2 was actually slightly better. The first movie was unfairly criticized at times because it released the same year as Zootopia and was seen as a copycat IIRC.

Ah, pizza....The perfect complementary movie food. Along with drinks, popcorn, and some forms of candy. ^___^

Perfectly understandable. I do like going to the theaters, but usually it has to be a movie I'm interested in seeing, or if my friend recommends it. Usually I watch most movies in the evening with mom after dinner or something. We'll either watch a movie or a show. Mostly been Christmas movie.

I was more or less thinking those who call Illumination bad because of the Minions existing. It just feels like it drowns out any decent criticism the studio gets, like how awhile back, I think it was TheJGG (correct me if I'm wrong), talking about how the studio takes shortcuts with animation.

Agreed! Dunno what my friend and I are going to have when we get together. We're exchanging gifts and hoping to watch the Trolls holiday specials and the Guardians of the Galaxy Holiday Special, I was waiting to watch it with him.

MarioLover92 wrote:

@Sunsy Nice, that's cool. There are the Vanilla Lake tracks as well, those are perfect for the holidays! It definitely was cool he had the SNES, and that's kinda how I got the Nintendo 64 as my first console later on. I wonder how different I would have been if he had the Genesis instead, lol. Or even the original PlayStation.

Dang, that's a long time for the update to finish. I don't remember how long my update took, but it was definitely a while. I eventually bought a better router for our home, too, so that must have been our old router or something. Our internet is generally pretty good, at least most of the time. The 3DS outages affected the Wii as well? I don't remember that actually... I must have forgotten about it after it happened.

I remember when you mentioned that teacher of yours... similarly, in middle school, I've had a home room teacher who, at times, wasn't too kind to me and some others. I'm also pretty sensitive, so some of those school days got rough for me. My college days were so much better, at least. Many of my professors were cool to me.

Oh dear, I remember not knowing how to navigate a menu, and wound up on Vanilla Lake when I first played Super Mario Kart on Christmas Day, lol. I was everywhere. By the time the day was over, I got better at driving. Maybe be a big fan of Sonic and Crash. My brother always had the other system, while I had Nintendo, along with a Game Gear and Dreamcast for Sonic.

Yeah, the struggle was real, surprisingly I didn't have trouble playing online on that old DSL connection. As long as no one else was online watching Netflix or something, I can play online games. Yeah, I remember trying to go online on my Wii on Christmas Day 2011, and no connection to anything. I remember finding a video of someone trying to play Call of Duty MW3 online that day, trying to figure out why it was down.

Ouch, that really sucks. I'm sensitive too so I know that feeling. Thankfully that was one teacher, my second grade teacher always yelled at me for no reason. Mom wonders why I can't tolerate being yelled at, there's the reason. At least those days are over.

Edited on by Sunsy

The resident Trolls superfan! Saw Trolls Band Together via early access and absolutely loved it!

MarioVillager92

@Sunsy Ah really, that was actually perfect, lol. I remember when I was younger, I would do time trials in Mario Kart so I could check out the courses and get a feel for them. I also remember when I first played, I had no idea that I could use the items until a little bit later, lol. I got better as I played more, too. Yeah perhaps! I actually was into Sonic and Crash Bandicoot back when when Sega started making games for the other consoles, and when I first had the PS2. In the case of Crash, though, I kinda fell out of that series around 2005, until the N-Sane Trilogy came out. Mid 2000s, I started getting into the Mega Man series. I was certainly experimental with what games I think I'd like during the 2000s, but yeah... I'm way more attached to Mario at the end of the day! I still got to play every Mario platformer as they came out, for example. I played the heck out of New Super Mario Bros. on the DS when I first got it in 2006.

Oh that's good you still got to play online with your DSL connection at least. Gotcha, that was a bit weird that happened.

Yeah, it does suck for sure... and ouch, sorry to hear about that second grade teacher. That teacher I mentioned would shout at me and the others from time to time, as well. More often than not, that came off as mean and discouraging... so yeah, I really don't like being yelled at, either. Yep, thankfully those days are long gone for us.

You're good on the late responses. I'm getting ready for Christmas as well, I'll be wrapping presents for my family pretty soon.

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

EllaTheQueen6

@TeaCatherine It wasn't an anime site, it was a manga site, and the mistake wasn't too bad. I actually contacted the owner and they said they knew about it and were just too lazy to fix it.
Basically, on Fly Me to The Moon, there waschapter 167, 167.5, and 169. It's not a terrible mistake,justnoticeable if you go looking for it. Also, thoses weren't the exact chapters it happened on I'm just too lazy to go and remember what chapters it was.

Y'all, let's go play Legally Distinct Pocket Creatures!
Vice president/second divine goddess of the Chit-Chat thread

3DS Friend Code: 2252-0354-0887

TeaCatherine

@EllaTheKawaiiNeko Yeah, thankfully in my case the anime I was watching didn't really have a lot of continuity so it didn't matter if it was slightly out of order.

TeaCatherine

@EaglyTheKawaiiShika Okay, that seems really stupid, my complaint was just with a certain website messing up the order. How could the actual company that made it release things in the the wrong order like that?

Edited on by TeaCatherine

EllaTheQueen6

@TeaCatherine On Disney+ there's a show where they have the last 3 episodes of the first season. I googled why a few years ago, and it's cause one of the actors went to prison, and any episode he appeard in, they deleted off of Disney+. But at that point, just get rid of the show entirely.

EllaTheQueen6

@TeaCatherine Yeah. Also, I've come to realize I switch between measurment systems depending on who I'm talking to. Like when I'm talking to Seef, I'll use Kilometers and Centimeters cause he's in Egypt, but when I'm talking to my friend Tsukasa, she's in the US, so I use Miles and Inches. I do it subconciosly.

EllaTheQueen6

@EaglyTheKawaiiShika Yes, that show.

TeaCatherine

@EllaTheKawaiiNeko Well, I suppose that makes sense, personally I'm really bad with most units of measurement.

EllaTheQueen6

@TeaCatherine I'm good with Miles and Kilometers, but I haven't quite mastered Centimeters. And I rarely convert money. For money, I just say USD at the end so that they can go convert it themselves. I used to be able to convert to EGP pretty well, but then stonks happened and now I don't know how to convert in my head. Now Seef must suffer with USD. Have you ever met a person in Egypt before? Or anyone that wasn't from the UK or US?

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic