Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 67,741 to 67,760 of 96,531

Snatcher

@EaglyTheKawaiiShika Ah, so I take it, it’s still a good show?

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

Kermit1doesmath

It's almost time for my super binge-watch extravaganza

dysgraphia awareness human

Snatcher

@EaglyTheKawaiiShika Wow really? That’s crazy, guess that’s what happens when creators don’t try to change just for the aduance. Just doing what they love!

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

Snatcher

@EaglyTheKawaiiShika Wow really? That’s crazy, guess that’s what happens when creators don’t try to change just for the aduance. Just doing what they love!

Sunsy

@EaglyTheKawaiiShika I agree with this. Grew up watching the classic TV special and have it on DVD, usually watching the Jim Carrey one more on streaming, and I own my own copy of the Illumination version.

Was a treat seeing the Illumination one in a theater today. Once again, a packed theater. Howl's Moving Castle and the second Trolls World Tour showing I went to were packed too.

I love seeing people just come out to see movies that could easily be watched at home, just makes it more of an event. Today, Santa and Mrs. Claus were even at the theater for kids who came to the showing. My friend spotted them as we were leaving.

The resident Trolls superfan! Saw Trolls Band Together via early access and absolutely loved it!

Tyranexx

@EaglyTheKawaiiShika I haven't played Dishonored either. From secondhand impressions, it seems like a decent game. Though one that was slightly overhyped IMO. I quite liked Super Mario Odyssey; it's probably my favorite 3D Mario after both Super Mario Galaxy titles. Though I can see why you thought it would have more large platforming sections. I liked the relative freedom of the game even if it was gated a bit by stages. Do you prefer the 2D entries? Those are probably more "pure" when it comes to platforming.

@MarioLover92 I think Pokemon was rushed for the holiday season, but also to keep pace with the anime and to keep the cash flow going. I do hope at least one Mario related princess shows up on your bday!

Losing save data is no fun. Though that happened long enough ago that I'm not too salty over it lol. I'll probably go back to play Lost Levels at some point, though it's not a big priority for me right now. Sounds like you had some great MK8D races, albeit challenging ones. 😅

@Sunsy Illumination can be hit or miss sometimes, but overall I think a lot of their movies are solid. I'm glad your Grinch trip went well and that you got to stop to eat what's possibly my favorite food: pizza! Sounds like a great day trip. There aren't any upcoming new movies I want of watch outside of the new Avatar movie and the Illumination Mario Movie.

I gotta work in those Ghibli films somehow....

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Sunsy

@Tyranexx Yeah, I felt the first Minions was weak, getting good towards the end. Enjoyed the sequel. That's the only one that comes to mind. I've enjoyed their movies, Despicable Me 1 and 2, Secret Life of Pets, and The Grinch.

It was great trip, yes pizza! Last time we did a movie and pizza was that second showing of Trolls World Tour we went to. Got a few slices, ate, and gushed over seeing the movie again on the big screen (remember Trolls World Tour skipped theater, so any special event showing it is a treat). Good times. Last time it was a pizzeria my friend liked. This time, I took my friend to my favorite pizzeria as we had to pass through my old town.

Upcoming that interests me includes Super Mario (which is releasing on my birthday), Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3, and Trolls 3. I have a feeling Trolls 3 will have a different name given I remember Trolls World Tour was announced as Trolls 2 in 2017.

The resident Trolls superfan! Saw Trolls Band Together via early access and absolutely loved it!

WaffleBoat

@EaglyTheKawaiiShika
In regards to one of the only 90s shows that was good to its end I have one thing to say: I sell propane and propane accessories.

I fear no man
but that thing:
The carrot minigame from bowser's inside story
it scares me

MarioVillager92

@Sunsy We're planning on playing Mario Kart 8 Deluxe tonight if you wanna join me, at about 9:20 PM EDT. Sorry I couldn't write you back sooner... something just came up on my end today and I got distracted. If you can't make it tonight, that's fine, and you and I could play tomorrow or so instead. I love those two tracks too!

Nice, that's cool you're hanging up your ornament after so long. I remember getting my Nintendo 64 on Christmas when I was 5, and I still have that same N64, as well. I remember playing quite a lot of Mario Kart 64 back in the day... even though I wasn't great at it at the time, lol. Getting the GameCube on Christmas was another awesome memory for me, I got it with Luigi's Mansion and Super Smash Bros. Melee. Played a ton of both back in the day, especially SSBM.

@Tyranexx Me too! That would be fabulous for sure. The only instance I can think of when losing save data is our copy of Super Mario All-Stars not having our saves anymore, since the save battery is pretty much done for. Yep, MK8D definitely gets me out of my comfort zone, lol. While races don't always go as planned, it kind of makes things more exciting in a way. Anything can happen when you're playing Mario Kart, after all.

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

WaffleBoat

The Mario movie is set in alternate universe where Ohio is real.

I fear no man
but that thing:
it scares me

WaffleBoat

@Kermit1Pineapple
In your quote it says that you are playing bug fables! I freaking love bug fables! I bought the LRG physical copy while already having the game on switch (and Xbox) digitally! The game happily sits on my shelf right next to my Vi (bug fables) plushie. Sorry this game was my hyper fixation for a long time so I can still be a little crazy about it (Don’t get me started on UNDERTALE/deltarune).

I fear no man
but that thing:
it scares me

WaffleBoat

Kermit1Pineapple wrote:

@WaffleBoat Ohio isn't real!!!

Ohio has only been mentioned on ancient crop circles that only I can decipher. So we can assume it was ONCE real.
(This is a joke BTW)

Edited on by WaffleBoat

I fear no man
but that thing:
it scares me

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic