Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 67,721 to 67,740 of 96,298

Okami1

@Eel it's one of the best reasons to keep Netflix lol

dysgraphia awareness human

TeaCatherine

Gah, doesn't it suck when you have two bad experiences with the same company in the space of one day. (I hate Game.)

Currently playing: Metal Gear Solid
Back burner: Hollow Knight, Undertale

Sunsy

Was fun watching The Grinch on the big screen. Theater was sold out, and almost everyone wore pajamas, I wore a Christmas themed Trolls shirt and Trolls pajama pants because I don't have Grinch anything, lol.

Time to get to some rather late responses. Life, stop being so busy.

EaglyTheKawaiiShika wrote:

@Sunsy I while I like Illuminations I love the Jim Carey one for that reason. How the Who’s treat the grinch humanizes him and makes his redemption so much better. The darker movie surprisingly works well in Seusses light world. And I also prefer the comedy

Indeed. I need to see this one again too. Honestly, I've liked all three Grinch adaptations.

MarioLover92 wrote:

@Sunsy Rosalina and Luma together would make a great tree topper for sure, especially if they both light up. That's good, we all have our own favorite things, even if they date back to our childhoods. I've been into Mario since I was a child, and I still am today... I don't think that's gonna change at all. Hopefully that thing you're thinking of will come back to you.

I've been talking to @ChameleonBros about playing the next batch of Mario Kart 8 courses, we're planning on playing this coming weekend, and I'd like to have others like you, @Tyranexx, @WoomyNNYes, and @Fizza to join the fun if possible. If you're not able to make it, that's OK - same goes with anyone who's tagged or just anyone who reads this.

Love your Mario and Yoshi ornament! I can tell it's from a long while ago. Kinda surprised I didn't have that one back then, the oldest Mario ornaments I have are of Mario in a pipe with holiday lights, Princess Peach and Toad ice skating, and Yoshi wearing reindeer antlers. I think I got them sometime in the 2010s, or very late 2000s, don't remember when exactly.

Gotcha, that is cool you play those games during Christmastime. That reminds me, when I was decorating our Christmas tree, I was doing it with Mario snow level music. One of the tunes played was the snow theme from New Super Mario Bros. U. It honestly got me nostalgic for when I got my Wii U on Christmas, alongside Nintendo Land and NSMBU. Though, I kinda play whatever I want, lol. I can definitely see myself playing a good amount of Mario Kart this holiday, especially with the next wave coming out tomorrow.

Yeah, it would be like an angel and a star together. Yeah, it's like looking at certain things, or playing certain games makes me think of times that involved that thing. It's a nice feeling. Yeah, I still can't think of it, lol.

Sounds like a good time, I'll try to make it if you are all playing Mario Kart 8. Just let me know when a time is good, if it hasn't passed. Loving the new tracks, happy Peach Gardens is back and loving Merry Mountain.

Those ornaments sound really nice. Mine is really old, it's from when Carlton Cards were still around, and it's part of their Heirloom line (which is their version of Hallmark Keepsakes), BTW, I hung the old ornament on the tree for the first time in two decades!

Very nice, it's always a good feeling when doing something does that. Yeah, certain games give me memories of Christmases past. I still remember days I've gotten games, like Super Mario All-Stars and Star Fox, and when I got my Dreamcast with Crazy Taxi, Sonic Shuffle, Star Wars Racer, and WWF Royal Rumble. Or browsing game stores around Christmastime.

Tyranexx wrote:

@Sunsy I love the echoing cave bit in the Drew Carrey version. He's trying to insult the echo, and it insults HIM instead. XD

I would love for there to be a Ghibli Fest event of sorts that isn't too far away. I'd be willing to travel to a point, but only if it's within a couple of hours....Which isn't very likely unfortunately. I'm not insanely remote from civilization, but unfortunately a lot of the Midwest gets skipped over for...about everything. Except Chicago and occasionally Indianapolis or the Twin Cities in MN.

Sing 1 and Sing 2 are both decent films. Definitely hoping to get to most of the other Ghibli films someday! Besides what we previously discussed, I'd put Princess Mononoke and Grave of the Fireflies towards the top of my watch list.

I need to watch the Jim Carrey version of The Grinch again anytime soon.

Sorry to hear you live far from a theater that could have had Ghibli Fest.

They are, honestly, I don't think I hate most of Illumination movies. I know a lot don't like them, but I've always enjoyed them, being someone who likes Disney, Pixar, and DreamWorks stuff. BTW, The Grinch trip went well, and my friend was better too. We even went for pizza at my favorite pizza place after. On the way home is a pizza place mom and I loved going to, and I decided to introduce him to the place.

Going to make note of those movies. Said friend I saw The Grinch with is introducing me to the world of Ghibli movies.

The resident Trolls superfan! Saw Trolls Band Together via early access and absolutely loved it!

Okami1

@EaglyTheKawaiiShika dude... I still debate if the Jim Carrey Grinch is good. Also, have you seen the trailer for The Mean One... It's a Grinch grindhouse parody and the suit for The Mean One looks like the Jim Carrey one..

Edited on by Okami1

Okami1

Note to self never google Grinch parody again

Snatcher

@EaglyTheKawaiiShika Whoa whoa, what? This is clone wars?

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

Snatcher

@Kermit1Pineapple Whaaat don’t you wanna see thiccmas!

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

Snatcher

@Kermit1Pineapple Will I Bestow a cleansing spell on you, be free!

Also, I’m who?

@Kermit1Pineapple I was talking about clown wars! I thought you were too lmao 😂

Eel

Not sure if it’s just in my country, but Google TV/YouTube has Paranorman and Coraline (and boxtrolls) for very very cheap right now. In case anyone likes them.

Paranorman in particular is a bit elusive lately so it’s nice to finally have it easily available.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Snatcher

@Kermit1Pineapple Alrighty then, I’m going to just go with the flow!

@Eel confession again, I never seen coralline, but I have seen Paranorman! And yes, it’s good, I was surprised how much I loved that movie, I thought I would hate it tbh.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic