Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 58,601 to 58,620 of 96,531

Snatcher

@Anti-Matter Oh I will at some point. Since the final update was pushed out and everything, all the content is now in the game.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

Snatcher

@CactusMan NIOCE.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

BruceCM

Is that a beer it's drinking ...?

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

Eel

@BruceCM if you have an iPad or a Mac you can also download Swift Playgrounds for free to learn the basics of programming, it has visual, game-like lessons and you can actually learn to develop apps with it.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Fizza

@CactusMan @BruceCM OH GOD IT HAS THE CORONA. 2 METRES APART 2 METRES APART.

Currently MIA for exams; see you all in a bit! o7
Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: YT1-0Q2-YFF
Please ask for permission before using my FC!
Currently Playing: Yoshi's Story (N64)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3505-5480-3330 | Twitter:

BruceCM

No Apples, @Eel .... Android phone & Windows PC! No, it needs to self-isolate, @Fizza! 2m is just general social distancing for people that don't have it, lol

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

tekoii

@MarioLover92 Yea, it felt great to race after such a long while, feels fresh. I figured that, you are pretty beastly with races. Battle mode is a good alternative to racing if ever you feel burnt. You should play more, it's a bunch of fun!

🍄 MK8D ▶️ Youtube 🎨 DeviantArt

Snatcher

Bad joke time! Why aren't some boxes allowed to drop musical beats?

Because the box said fragile!

MarioVillager92

@Anti-Matter I may give those a shot sometime, if I can find them for a reasonable price and if I can clear out a good chunk of my backlog. They're pretty good huh? The Japanese exclusives are gonna be rather tricky for me though. I can't read Japanese so I don't think I'd be willing to buy a Japanese 3DS just for those.

@tekoii Yeah, I should. It'll help me get better at battle mode too. I think I'm pretty decent at balloon battle, but awful at shine thief.

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

Fizza

So, uh..... apparently Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon came out SIX YEARS ago yesterday?

This was my first ever Mystery Dungeon game and oh my god I love this one. I chose Totodile as my main character and Turtwig as my partner (named Alligor and Conti respectively) and seeing the wildly different personalities, locales and music was such a breath-taking experience. The story was amazing in my eyes as well, with the evolution sequence against Entei, Nuzleaf's heel turn and the massive twist of your partner being Mew the entire time being absolute highlights. This was one of the last games I ever got for my 3DS but man, what a way to go out.

Also, I managed to beat and get Mega Mewtwo X with only a Shedinja since it had nothing for Wonder Guard which was amazing.

Edited on by Fizza

Currently MIA for exams; see you all in a bit! o7
Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: YT1-0Q2-YFF
Please ask for permission before using my FC!
Currently Playing: Yoshi's Story (N64)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3505-5480-3330 | Twitter:

Anti-Matter

@MarioLover92
I was lucky enough to able getting 3DS LL Japanese machine in November 2018 in Brand New condition from my local online shopping website with fair price. Even I still have difficulty to read some Japanese letters for Japanese games but at least i can read Hiragana, Katakana and some Kanji words with Furigana on the top. Since I live in Indonesia and have experienced with Chinese letters, so I quickly grasped with some Japanese words that I could recognized and understand the meaning. I put some determination on it and I could finish the storyline of Yokai Watch 3 Tempura despite I didn't really understand with the majority of Japanese texts but the pointing arrow guidance was helping me to finish the game or accomplish the quest.
Can you imagine I could finish the games with some language barrier issue but still able to enjoy the games ?
When i able to finish Yokai Watch 3 Japanese version, it made me think i don't really need the English version once i finished the Japanese version with physical cartridge. The English version will be my alternative choice to replay again with English texts despite i have to get the digital version.
I'm also depended on AbdallahSmash gameplay videos from Youtube sometimes for Japanese exclusive games walkthrough when i stuck on a mission i have to finish.

Anti-Matter

WoomyNNYes

Oof. Think I had a migraine today. Bad headache, and even felt nauseous. Can't say I've ever had a headache make me feel nausious before. It was weird.

@tekoii Regarding my GIF avatar, thanks. Yeah, a few weeks back I did a sweet flick and, I noticed the WOW! goal explosion was centered nicely on the screen. So, it was a prime candidate for a gif because, the NL site will crop off the left and right sides off the avatar pic.

This is what the rocket league gif looked like before NL compressed and cropped it.
Untitled

These were my other candidates.
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

MarioVillager92

@Anti-Matter That's good you were able to play though them. Still want all my games to be in English though, lol. That would make things considerably easier for me. I know a few Japanese words, but that's really it.

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

WoomyNNYes

@lolwhatno Thanks. Plat 3/diamond 1 - solo queuing.

Was just watching sandman's recent video playing 1v1. It was pretty entertaining. Hadn't watched any rocket League content in a long while.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

Anti-Matter

@MarioLover92
If I remembered, there was another Pokemon like game on 3DS. The title was Moco Moco Friends.
Untitled

The game made by Nippon Columbia, the same developer for Pretty Princess Party on Switch.
Moco Moco Friends have cute looking Pokemon games like with 3 vs 3 battle style.
I haven't get the game yet but I will try to get it once I have a right time to purchase.

Anti-Matter

Sunsy

Late responses because I finally broke the seal on my copy of Pokemon X, and started playing it and got into playing it. Loving it so far. Decided to play as the girl and choose Fennekin as my starter as Serena and Fennekin was my favorite part from the XY anime.

tekoii wrote:

@Sunsy Haha. Nice. I like having me spare in case something were to happen to my N3DS. I got the N2DS but idk, the top screen kind of feels a bit fragile sometimes. I do love my 3ds' and always enjoyed the 3d mode. Generally, I felt like having dual screens was awesome. I still feel like the Switch could have emulated 3ds titles by having an official TATE mode style grip like that one product the flip grip. Anywho, tangents aside.. that's pretty cool you still have that shirt! And still.. you like Pokemon so hey it made it through

I'm like that with my GBA. I have two GBA SPs (one side-lit, and a newer backlit one), and my old AA-battery powered one. I never once thought of Switch using a TATE mode to emulate DS games, I was trying to think "DS games could work properly on Wii U, but how would that work on Switch if Nintendo introduced a "Nintendo DS - Nintendo Switch Online" app.

I still don't have that particular shirt anymore. I do have two Pokemon shirts I wear once in awhile. Oh I started playing Pokemon X.

MarioLover92 wrote:

@Sunsy Ah ok, that's cool you got a newer one then! Quite the awesome surprise for your nephew indeed. He kinda sounds like me when I was younger, except with Yoshi's Island and Yoshi's Story, both of which we owned. The first Yoshi's Island is still my favorite Yoshi game, but I had a good time with Woolly World as well.

Oh they added Poochy amiibo support to the Wii U version? I didn't know, that's pretty cool they did that. Yeah, it is pretty impressive the 3DS can run a few of those games, I actually heard some people saying Captain Toad's best played on the 3DS.

Yeah, he really liked playing Yoshi. I also remember when he was younger, he'd watch me play Sonic Adventure DX, and he would play Sonic Boom on Wii U with me, or as he put it, "Sonic fighting." Mostly because Sonic punched and kick in that game. I think I exposed him to gaming at such a young age.

Yeah, they added it after the 3DS version came out. It was a tiny update that added support for the amiibo IIRC, but I don't have Poochy to try it out. Didn't know that about Captain Toad on 3DS. I did enjoy my time with the game during the recent NSO trial.

WoomyNNYes wrote:

So, am I the only one that's ever noticed this?🙃 He thinks nobody's watching, but I'm watching. ....So sloppy, Nintendo. Looks like he glides on heely shoes.😁

(Notice how the guy walks around the corner)

@Sunsy @Fizza @tekoii @Snatcher @TheJGG @MarioLover92

Surprisingly, I never even noticed that. He's just, gliding in style, lol.

Edited on by Sunsy

The resident Trolls superfan! Saw Trolls Band Together via early access and absolutely loved it!

MarioVillager92

WoomyNNYes wrote:

Oof. Think I had a migraine today. Bad headache, and even felt nauseous. Can't say I've ever had a headache make me feel nausious before. It was weird.

Ah...sorry to hear about all that. Apologies for not noticing first hand. Hopefully you're feeling better!

@Sunsy I think you did too, lol. My dad certainly exposed me to gaming when I was super young as well - I'm almost as old as my dad's SNES. XD Funnily enough, there's Sonic the Fighters, that Sonic fighting game that was on Sonic Gems Collection. I'd watch my brother play various Pokemon games back then, such as Pokemon Colosseum. I probably said this before, but he had a ton of Pokemon games back when we were younger. He even had the bonus disc that let you transfer Jirachi to the GBA games.

Yeah that's cool they did that. Yeah, I don't have the Poochy amiibo either. I'm almost done with the main story in the Switch version of Captain Toad. I've finished the game on Wii U long ago. May need to come back to it soon so I can get to the DLC!

Oh yeah, I have the original Game Boy Advance as well, the glacier variant. Love the horizontal form factor and it's more comfortable to hold to me (though, me being grown up now has something to do with it), but as we all know, there's no backlight. I have cobalt blue and NES edition GBA SPs, too. I never got the AGS-101 model though, the one with the better screen.

Anti-Matter

@MarioLover92
"My dad certainly exposed me to gaming when I was super young as well"

I'm so jealous to see a parent have gaming interest and can have gaming time together with their kids. All my family relatives have no interest in console or handheld gaming at all but me.
Oh, sorry about Moco Moco Friends 3DS if you have no interest with that game.
Btw, I just curious, have you ever open to other games that you have never played or having interest with them before but suddenly you can getting along well with them?
I have tried to open with never before played games on any consoles as long still following my gaming rules and I have discovered some hidden gems from the games I didn't have interest with them before but suddenly I can enjoy the games such as Skylanders games, Sly Cooper games, Ratchet & Clank games, some Disney Pixar games, Tin Tin Adventures, Rabbids games,, etc.
Also, do you like to expand your gaming experiences by getting another machines you have never played before ?

Anti-Matter

Tyranexx

Hiya folks! I survived my return flight and am now a car passenger as some of my family and I head back to our usual pastures. Where did I go? That was my first time in Las Vegas! We went to sightsee, mainly Hoover Dam, parts of the Strip, and also caught a couple of shows. I'm not the gambling type, but I did throw $20 in a machine at one point, actually got ahead, then cashed out before any bad decisions were made lol. That city is definitely a different world. It's a bit of a shock when you come from a state that doesn't allow indoor smoking to one where it's pretty common. Glad I went, but glad to be heading back too.

Edit: While I'm thinking about it, I realized that both the 3DS and Wii U eshops are host to a lot of Kirby games. I'm a newer fan and so far have only played Kirby Superstar and Kirby's Adventure. I do own Planet Robobot but have yet to play it. Are there any other Kirby games anyone considers essential? I only want to hit the best ones since there are so many.

@tekoii I'm definitely not a fan of the gacha mechanics in the game. While I'm glad it throws you a few freebies, they're TOO random for my liking lol. XCX is an excellent open world game that I'm sure you'd enjoy! It's just begging for a Switch port. On my trip: Thanks! I had a pretty good time overall. Heading back to my usual pastures now.

@Sunsy Yes! I hope you get to build it at some point if LEGOs are your thing - it's a fun one!

@MarioLover92 It occurred to me while building it that people are actually paid to design these awesome builds! That would be a very fun job IMO.

The only actual consoles I own are the Wii U and Switch. As for handhelds, I still have most of my old ones: my Special Pikachu Edition GBC from back in the day (directional pad is fiddly sometimes, but it still functions), my blue GBA SP (also on the ropes, it also works last I checked but needs some TLC; I used to take it EVERYWHERE as a kid), my used pink DS Lite (not my first color choice, but the other two GameStop had in stock smelled like tobacco smoke), my OG red 3DS, and my SNES N3DS XL. Part of me wants to fiddle with the SP a little since it does need some work; it needs a new battery, plus it doesn't always power on first try. It's been through a few drops, not to mention it's probably full of Jean lint. On the other hand, I'm afraid of royally screwing it up and winding up with a brick.

It was an evening flight, so unfortunately I didn't get to see much. There were some views on the way back before it became really hazy, though I only caught glimpses; no window seat.

Edited on by Tyranexx

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic