Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 58,601 to 58,620 of 60,888

ogo79

hello everyone, just stopping by to say hi.

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

Snatcher

@ogo79 Stop "Stopping by" and tell us whats been going on buddy! ūüėÉ

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside.

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Pizzamorg

Today is a sadiversary for me, so I took the day off work and went and got my booster. Just sat around playing Arceus now bracing for side effects. I've had triple Pfizer, seems like people who have had the same three times have a more mild reaction, but knowing my luck it'll kick me like a mule. Still, please everyone, get vaccinated.

My @ handle everywhere is Pizzamorg.
My Friend Code is: SW-6997-6872-4381
Switch games currently playing: Mario Tennis Aces. Pokémon Brilliant Diamond. RingFit Adventure.
PC games currently playing: The Division 2. WWE 2K22. Tiny Tina's Wonderlands.

Anti-Matter

It's dangerous to go alone!
Take this.

Top 8 Konami's Rhythm games:
1. Dance Dance Revolution
2. Para Para Paradise
3. DrumMania
4. Beatmania IIDX
5. Pop'n Music
6. KeyboardMania
7. Martial Beat
8. DANCE EVOLUTION

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

Sunsy

@Snatcher That too. Observing the N64 releases, it's like one game per month so far. Credit where it's due, at least Sega adds more games. It's like Sega just want their games to be available everywhere. I already have a Switch collection for that, and some Genesis games on Steam. I still wish we could get more SNES stuff. I literally have the Earthbound games on my Wii U.

I agree, if it was more of a $10 increase, I could see buying it, but $50/year is more than half the price of the base Switch Online. I rather put that much towards a new game to play.

@ogo79 Hi there!

Sunsy

Anti-Matter

It's already Tiger year here (1 February 2022).
Happy Chinese New Year !
Untitled

2. Para Para Paradise
3. DrumMania
4. Beatmania IIDX
5. Pop'n Music
6. KeyboardMania
7. Martial Beat
8. DANCE EVOLUTION

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

Zuljaras

@ogo79 Hey! How are you doing?

https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2022/05/random-doom-fan-has-a-novel-way-to-display-a-destroyed-switch-cartridge

MarioLover92

@Snatcher Aw thanks too bad I'm no longer the first post, though. lol

@Tyranexx I used to have a hard time with Chemical Plant when I first played Sonic 2. It was act 2 in particular, with the rising water while you're jumping on these moving blocks. That drowning music kind of scared me, lol - I used to think I was running out of time for the level itself, rather than running out of air. I will admit, the concept of Sonic games themselves really drove me to play it more, I already loved the idea of going super fast through all these stages.

I'd look at instruction manuals too, the one reason I didn't look at SM64DS's was because I was familiar with Super Mario 64 already, lol. Most of the Super Mario Advance remakes let you play as Mario right from the get go, so why not this one? XD

@Sunsy Oh man, I heard Turtles in Time was awesome. Especially the SNES version which had more levels. It's a shame it never came out on Virtual Console, I would've had it by now. They're making a new TMNT beat-em-up too (Revenge of Shredder, I think it's called?), which looks really good.

Nice - I just had the one GBC, we didn't have any link cables, and my brother was just a tot back in the late 90s. We didn't have a PlayStation back in its heyday, just the PS2 a couple years after it came out.

I did watch a little bit of Sailor Moon back then, but not as much. Pokemon was the one I watched the most as a kid, we had a ton of those Pokemon VHS tapes back in the day, three episodes apiece. We had a few of the movies as well. Didn't get Crunchyroll, but I have watched some anime on Netflix and Hulu, and I have the first two seasons of My Hero Academia on blu-ray.

Yep, that was an awesome memory of mine - I remember being blown away by SSBM's opening, too. The game itself was a massive step up from the Nintendo 64 original - more characters, stages, modes, and everything...how could you not love that?

Nintendo Life's self-proclaimed #1 Mario fan!

SMM2 ID: V1J-NRF-PWG
ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioFan92 | Twitter:

Sunsy

So, I beat the Super Mario All-Stars version of Super Mario Bros for the first time today. Do I get bonus points doing this wearing my Princess Peach sweatshirt?

Not gonna lie, the lonely brick block in 8-3 is kind of ruined by not blending in with the background, lol.

@MarioLover92 Yeah, my brother and I borrowed it from a neighbor, and we enjoyed it. I think we also rented it as well. I think I remember seeing that upcoming game on the news feed. While it's a free-to-play, I did buy Raphael in Brawlhalla as he was my childhood favorite. It was a nice surprise they showed up in game.

Yeah, I think between Game Boy and Game Boy Color, I had one of the original Game Boy Pockets. The silver one with a silver frame with no power light. I don't have it anymore as Nintendo customer service replaced it with one with a black frame and power light. I still have that one.

I watched both quite a bit, I remember Sailor Moon came on after school, while Pokemon was on in the morning. Nice, I also watch anime on both of those.

Indeed, it was a pretty big game. Similarly, I remember playing Super Monkey Ball and being impressed with how it looked and how smooth it played. I think my second game was Pac-Man World 2. Also, I was the only person on earth who pre-ordered the Jimmy Neutron GameCube game. Was a big fan of the movie and show at the time.

Sunsy

BruceCM

I think you probably do, @Sunsy .... Going on to the other 2 or have you played those already?

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

Sunsy

@BruceCM I've played them all throughout my life, had the SNES cart and have the Wii version. It never dawned on me I haven't beaten this version of Super Mario Bros before. I've beaten the game on Game Boy Color as well as the NES original, just not SNES.

All because it was cold, I wanted to wear my Peach sweatshirt and got in the mood to play some Super Mario today. I had no plans to actually beat the game.

Edited on by Sunsy

Sunsy

MarioLover92

@Sunsy Yes you do get bonus points, straight from yours truly! That's cool you beat the first Super Mario Bros. on SMAS. I remember finishing the All-Stars version of Super Mario Bros. 3 for the first time, when I was 12. Literally 11 years after the game came out on the SNES. I actually gave my mom a Princess Peach holiday sweater for Christmas, she really loved it. It was all pink and had a picture of Peach's icon from Super Mario 3D World.

That's cool - I didn't see the original TMNT from the 80s, as I didn't exist back then. I did see quite a bit of the 2003 series, I actually did have one of the games. Though, I mostly watched Sonic X back in those days. Only because I was really into Sonic back in my early 10s. I just remembered, there was a Ninja Turtles-themed Splatfest for Splatoon 2. I don't think I played in it though.

I did learn there was a super early version of the Game Boy Pocket that didn't have a power light, I have a Club Nintendo card set of all of Nintendo's handhelds up to the original 3DS. It did mention the power light was soon added. Pretty weird that they didn't give the GBP a power light to begin with, so good on them for fixing that.

I think I had a Sailor Moon VHS tape, but that was kind of it. I no longer have it. I still want to get to watching more of Fullmetal Alchemist.

Ah yeah, I had Pac-Man World 2 as well, that was a very decent platformer. I beat it a long time ago as a kid, though I didn't get every one of the items scattered throughout all the levels. That's ok though, because I heard getting 100% completion is really, really hard. I love how you can unlock all the Pac-Man arcade games too, always loved arcade games from the 80s, even when I was a child. I never unlocked Ms. Pac-Man since that requires an insanely high amount of tokens, but I could still play it via Namco Museum, so it wasn't all bad.

I wasn't super into Jimmy Neutron myself, but my brother liked it. He was into a good chunk of Nickelodeon shows like Spongebob and Fairly Oddparents - the latter of which was his favorite, and he'd have games based on the last two shows I've mentioned. I wasn't too big into Nicktoons in general, but I did like Danny Phantom quite a bit when that came out.

Nintendo Life's self-proclaimed #1 Mario fan!

SMM2 ID: V1J-NRF-PWG
ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioFan92 | Twitter:

ogo79

Zuljaras wrote:

@ogo79 Hey! How are you doing?

just kinda here and there, ready to move and stuff.

Eel wrote:

@ogo79 hi

Has it been dangerous going alone without us?

tbh, in a way, yeah

Sunsy wrote:

@ogo79 Hi there!

greetings

Snatcher wrote:

@ogo79 Stop "Stopping by" and tell us whats been going on buddy! ūüėÉ

i guess adapting to changes these days, or things i cant change anyways.
to all: i havent played a game for like a year, but started into it a little again. got some retro systems and games going on again here and there.

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

Zuljaras

@ogo79 Ohh you are moving to a new place Nice!

https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2022/05/random-doom-fan-has-a-novel-way-to-display-a-destroyed-switch-cartridge

Anti-Matter

Today is Chinese New Year, year of Tiger but we didn't celebrate as usual as the situation was still pandemic and my uncles from father's side got sick (1st uncle got brain injury, 4th uncle was positive Covid).
And some of our relatives had passed away since last 2 years (2nd auntie, 3rd uncle, my Grandma from Mom's side) so we didn't get red envelopes anymore from our relatives.

2. Para Para Paradise
3. DrumMania
4. Beatmania IIDX
5. Pop'n Music
6. KeyboardMania
7. Martial Beat
8. DANCE EVOLUTION

ogo79

@Zuljaras its gonna be a few months from now, its time for a little scenery change

the_shpydar wrote:

Sunsy

@MarioLover92 Thanks. Yeah, the funny thing is I've beaten the Game Boy Color and NES versions of Super Mario Bros before, but never the Super Mario All-Stars version. Amusing part, I played that version first as a kid. That sounds like a really nice sweater. Here's the sweat shirt I have. Yes, it is Christmas themed, but I still wear it since it's one of the few Peach shirts I have, it's not common she appears on shirts in men's sizes (I also have a short sleeve version, and two other Peach shirts).

Untitled

I don't think I've seen the 2003 TMNT series, coincidentally, I did watch the 2016 movie last night. I was late to the Sonic X party, I started watching in 2007. Which is surprising since I still played the games at the time too, I think I missed it since mom would go out on Saturdays. Wow, I forgot all about that splatfest.

It was surprising, and I actually had it at one point. When my brother and dad got their Game Boy Pockets, it had the power light. Mine was weird, but that silver was too cool. Felt futuristic when I got mine.

I have some Sailor Moon on DVD, the Viz dub with the original Japanese version with subtitles. I grew up watching the Dic dub.

That arcade was one of the coolest things in Pac-Man World 2. I had a lot of fun with that platformer. It was kind of cool playing Pac-Man as a platformer. I have the Ghostly Adventures on Wii U, and Pac-Man World 2 came to mind since it felt a bit similar. Like collecting dots and platforming.

That's cool, I did watch quite a few Nicktoons during my teen years. I just couldn't get into shows most "teens" liked, so I still stuck with cartoons and Disney in those days. I tried watching MTV, and other things that were considered "age appropriate," just didn't like them, so I just went back to what I enjoyed.

@ogo79 Nice to hear you're playing some retro games here and there.

@Anti-Matter Sorry to hear about that, still want wish you a Happy Chinese New Year.

Sunsy

Anti-Matter

@Sunsy
The last time we can celebrate Chinese New Year was year 2020, before pandemic started to spread out in my hometown Surabaya.
Year 2021 was off due to a restriction to not celebrate Chinese New Year for having family member passed away before 1 year.
Year 2022 is off again, still pandemic.

And to think the relatives from my family, there were some relatives passed away during year 2011 - 2020.
My Dad passed away in year 2014.
My young cousin (1st son) from 3rd brother uncle family passed away in year 2017.
My uncle from Mom's youngest brother (4th sibling) passed away in year 2019.
My auntie (2nd sister), my uncle (3rd brother) from Dad's side passed away in year 2020.
My grandma from Mom's side passed away in year 2020.

2. Para Para Paradise
3. DrumMania
4. Beatmania IIDX
5. Pop'n Music
6. KeyboardMania
7. Martial Beat
8. DANCE EVOLUTION

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic