Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 58,581 to 58,600 of 96,456

MarioVillager92

lolwhatno wrote:

You're officially kicked of your #1 fan status.

NOOOOOOOOO

lolwhatno wrote:

(this is a joke don't take it too seriously)

Good.

As for blooper racing, yeah that was pretty fun too! I also like pulling off some of the shortcuts you could do. I pretty much call myself Mario's #1 fan for fun, lol. Helps me feel good too.

@WoomyNNYes Ah I see, everyone else walks straight huh? Pretty interesting goof-up on their part, lol. You posted the same video twice, by the way - just a friendly reminder.

@Zuljaras Great job. Kinda wish I was better at programming!

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

Zuljaras

@MarioLover92 Thank you! Al you need is to start fiddling with a game engine like Game Maker Studio 2. Btw its free version has no restrictions now so you can download it and start learning to code.

It's language is extremely similar to Java Script

BruceCM

Supposing my knowledge of JavaScript was basically nonexistent, @Zuljaras .... Would I still be able to do much with that?

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

Eel

Game Maker is pretty easy to learn, you basically don't need to use code at all if you don't want to.

Though of course learning to write code expands your repertoire of things you can do with it.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

BruceCM

Cool, I'd seen it on Steam but I didn't know it had a free version around.... I'll have a look at that

SW-4357-9287-0699

Zuljaras

@BruceCM Yes. I started with Game Maker without ANY coding background. And I started with "how to make a character appear on the screen and move + jump."

Once you learn the basics like the UI and the events of GMS you can start with the code.

BruceCM

Great, I've created a free account & downloading the stuff now, @Zuljaras .... I'll let you all know if I make anything but don't expect much

SW-4357-9287-0699

tekoii

@WoomyNNYes LOL! That's how I walk around town. You know... keeping it funky. I like your new RL profile picture btw!

@MarioLover92 Right.. but it could be a reason. Never know! Oh man, I played a bit of MK8D early today, and it's been nice to play again. I'm around 1030 in races (oof), and about 1500 or so with battling for like those online points. I'm actually pretty hyped for the tracks but I will livestream without the DLC, but you can still run into them online if you don't own it right? It'd be cool to get a few of you guys on while I actually stream. I know though, that I need to try my absolute best to catch up to you guys during a race lol.

Edited on by tekoii

🍄 MK8D ▶️ Youtube 🎨 DeviantArt

BruceCM

Yeah, I'm hoping to avoid having to learn too much coding, @Zuljaras .... We'll see

SW-4357-9287-0699

MarioVillager92

Just got Pokemon Crystal from the 3DS eShop before it gets bob-ombed. Would still love to get Heart Gold later on, but it'll do for now! Of course, I'll be getting more games later on.

@lolwhatno Oh the Piantas. Those guys are great, lol. You as well!

@Zuljaras Oh that's great to know, so I don't have to pay for it right off the bat. Ah yeah I did use C# for a tiny bit, it does look pretty similar to Java and Visual Basic.NET. I've taken classes for the latter two and I did quite good in them.

@tekoii That's cool you got to play MK8D recently. I have way more points in races than I do in battles, just haven't played battle mode that much. If I had to guess, it would be just like the original MK8, where you'd choose to race in the DLC courses or not. That's what I would expect, anyway.

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

Fizza

@BruceCM The most experience I have with moving sprites is Scratch. Trust me, you'll be grand.

Currently MIA for exams; see you all in a bit! o7
Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: YT1-0Q2-YFF
Please ask for permission before using my FC!
Currently Playing: Castlevania Bloodlines (Mega Drive)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3505-5480-3330 | Twitter:

Snatcher

It takes two has no right being as good as it is LOL. If you got any friend or family members to play it with, and if you also have played solo two player games in the past. This one will blow you away.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

BruceCM

Can't say I'm familiar with Scratch, @Fizza .... That also free to use?

SW-4357-9287-0699

Fizza

@BruceCM Basically, it's what used at primary schools to teach coding. I've dabbled in a bit of HTML over the last year as part of a computer science course, but I've only used it to make a few websites, that's all really.

Currently MIA for exams; see you all in a bit! o7
Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: YT1-0Q2-YFF
Please ask for permission before using my FC!
Currently Playing: Castlevania Bloodlines (Mega Drive)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3505-5480-3330 | Twitter:

BruceCM

Cool, @Fizza .... Got to start somewhere! Primary school for coding is about my level, lol

SW-4357-9287-0699

Snatcher

Oh I also wanted to ask you guys about this game called jump king, if you have heard of it, and played it seen it.

Do you think I should try it out?

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

Anti-Matter

@MarioLover92
You better try to consider all Yokai Watch games, including the Japanese exclusive (Busters 2, Sangokushi). All of Yokai Watch 3DS games have updates.
I know you really like Pokemon games but nothing wrong to try Yokai Watch games.
They have similarity in different way.
I quickly adapted with Yokai Watch games after playing from the first game.

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

Snatcher

@CactusMan Can I drink it?

Anti-Matter

@Snatcher
You should try ACNH.
Don't still get on the fence, just buy it and play it.
You will not regret it even you are not really good in designing your island. Just take some determination and you will get into the game.

Anti-Matter

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic