Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 58,501 to 58,520 of 96,521

MarioVillager92

@Sunsy Yeah. It could've been. Maybe it was my dad who filled that order form in for me and mailed it, since he'd play my N64 as well. It was played by me, dad, and my younger brother back in the day.

Ah really? That's cool they did that for that new Alice series. Sounds like a fun weekend, enjoy in advance. You have a bunch of Disney movies on DVD/blu-ray, right? For me, we have Disney+ and some of our favorites on blu-ray. We still have some of those Disney VHS tapes from my childhood somewhere too. Yeah, it's one of their most underrated movies, as it was released at a time when Disney was going through hard times back in the 80s. Kinda like how Nintendo struggled through the Wii U era.

Me too. Whenever I play Mario Kart or Mario Party, I typically like playing as Mario - I also like picking Luigi, Peach, Rosalina, Daisy, Yoshi, Toad, or Toadette. I have amiibos for all those characters too...except for Toadette since they didn't make an amiibo of her. Sad. I do happen to have a Wedding Bowser amiibo, alongside Wedding Mario and Wedding Peach - I just wanted all three of them. lol

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

Zuljaras

@Link-Hero Ahh trippy is the right word! Hmm we might watch Pinocchio these days. And I will definetely post here about my experience.

@Anti-Matter There is no girlie vs masculine stuff involved. I just hate the damn movie

For example I love all other Disney movies (I've seen) no matter how girlie they are.

And I have never cried on movies I really like Princess and the Frog (- the songs) and the scene with Ray is sad.

Also you have different perception on things because of your condition (to put it nicely). That is why you are obsessed with certain things to the point of getting hostile from time to time

Anti-Matter

I made a paper DJ with my alter ego looking and my real name for Drawing lesson this afternoon. I used some cardboard as well to be pasted under the vynil records, name plate, the stars and musical notes.
Untitled

Untitled

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

Zuljaras

Just finished Death from Castlevania Circle of the Moon! I never found official art of this guy sop I had to draw with the only reference being his tiny sprite from the game

Untitled

Maximumbeans

@Eel By 'bright aura' do you mean the ones that sometimes spawn with that golden shimmer around them? I've only just started playing Shield so I'm getting used to Gen 8 mechanics somewhat.

Hang on to your youthful enthusiasms - you'll be able to use them better when you're older.

3DS Friend Code: 0490-8421-1170

Sunsy

Every time I see the comments and see the talk on game preservation, I'm reminded... I have the original Sonic the Hedgehog on almost everything, officially, and Sega just keeps releasing their classics on modern systems. Just came to mind.

@Anti-Matter Cool, genuinely wasn't expecting that guitar.

@MarioLover92 Maybe, still pretty cool.

Yeah, I notice Disney does that with some of their Junior shows. My nephew use to be big on Jake and the Neverland Pirates, some Peter-Pan references in that. Sofia the First, the teachers were the three fairies from Sleeping Beauty. They do little nods like that in those shows they made for a younger audience. Making note to check out The Great Mouse Detective one day. Yes, I do have a lot of Disney DVDs and blu-rays, so maybe will pick out something to watch this weekend.

I always play as either Peach or Yoshi. I haven't kept an eye out on amiibo in a while, most of them were just pick up and buy when I saw them, but I didn't know they never made Toadette. I have that set too, I got it shortly after picking up Odyssey.

The resident Trolls superfan! Saw Trolls Band Together via early access and absolutely loved it!

WoomyNNYes

@Anti-Matter That looks really good! The cutting of the pieces looks so smooth, it's impressive.

I dare you to draw a drifto miester version of yourself. I like the unbuttoned gray shirt outfit (flapping in the wind in some parts). I think you could pause the video and use a frame of the video as a template/inspiration, like at 0:05, 0:10, 0:14, or 0:19-20.

If you're not into the idea, though, it's too difficult to get the bike right, or it doesn't turn out as good as you want, don't worry about it.

Forgive me for loving this video so much.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

BruceCM

Don't you wear your tires out riding like that, though, @WoomyNNYes ....?

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

Anti-Matter

@WoomyNNYes
Thanks. 😃
Me while drifting with my bike ?? 😯
Gosh....
I need to learn how to draw drifting pose and mountain bike for Chibi peoples.

Anti-Matter

Losermagnet

While it's not a deep discount, Amazon US has Kirby preorders for $54.99. I think the two games i'm most excited for right now are it, and Elden Ring 😂

Switch friend code: SW-2223-7827-8798
Give me a heads-up if you're going to send a request please.

WoomyNNYes

@BruceCM haha. That is what happens!😃 Although, if I am cruising along a paved trail, you an always do a silly difting skid in the grass. It works about the same, and you preserve the tire. Or, if someone ever encounters a plastic food tray, you can skid on that. The tire stops on the tray, and the tray takes all the wear. These are likely things most everyone has done at some point in there life.

Doing halfcabs are also fun/satisfying, and they don't destroy tires. Nevermind the crazy thumbnail of the video. I posted it because he does halfcabs in the street in the beginning.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

'Tendo liker

Fizza

Just got my mid-term break early thanks to Storm Eunice touching down on Ireland. Switch Sports and Pokemon, here I come!

Currently MIA for exams; see you all in a bit! o7
Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: YT1-0Q2-YFF
Please ask for permission before using my FC!
Currently Playing: Yoshi's Story (N64)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3505-5480-3330 | Twitter:

WoomyNNYes

MK8 Booster Pass gameplay leak.
Quick, before Eel or Nintendo shuts me down.
Untitled

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

'Tendo liker

StudioLoading

@Tasuki yes, I tried to reply there but the topic has been closed. I am so sorry, I didn't know the correct way.
I firstly tried the "verified user" way, you know, but this is my first worldwide project, and it's on the DMG console.. I have no games on the eShop to be recognized as a verified user.
What's the correct way to interact to NintendoLife to be - like - known ?
Thank you @Tasuki

don't stop playing

Twitter:

BruceCM

Yeah, I haven't had a bicycle for years & I certainly wouldn't fancy trying most of the tricks you showcase, @WoomyNNYes .... That MK8D dlc leak looks suspicious, though

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

WoomyNNYes

When you see a female US olympic halfpipe skiier on tv that went to the ski academy that your good friend was a freestyle ski coach at.😃😃

Having a good friend that was a freestyle ski coach was a pretty sweet deal.

This might be my only ski photo from back in the day. Pic was taken as I was pulling into a tucked 360, or a mute grab 360. I did have the speed & air to land on the downside at left side of the frame. I could do 540s, 720s, and big, slow, tucked 180s were super stylish and fun, too.
Untitled

They were such exciting "holy s**t!" moments in my life, like magical, when I did my first 360 on skis in high school, my first 540 on skis and landing backwards, and spinning my first 720 on skis, seemed so crazy to do. And the scenery definitely blurs as you spin when you're a newb to spinning. Now they do inverted 1440s and 1880s. It's nuts! That's definitley foam pit work or ski jump into a pool session type stuff.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

'Tendo liker

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic