Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 58,501 to 58,520 of 61,855

Sunsy

@MarioLover92 Yeah, they did more than just movies before Toy Story, even a bit after Toy Story before becoming exclusively movies. I use to have Toy Story Activity Center for Mac when I was a kid, and the game was developed by Pixar themselves, which means they did develop some Toy Story games.

I was more or less thinking Sonic Boom or the GBA Sonic port when I said "bad." I do remember some calling Sonic Adventure 2 bad, and I disagree with that. Same on Sonic Adventure as well. Ah Big's levels, I play Big's Story in such a way, I go right to Froggy and catch him, and finish it quickly. I pretty much know all of Froggy's locations, lol.

Sunsy

Tyranexx

Yeah so...that last post was a bit choppy lol. Apologies. That was done mostly via dictation while I was on a treadmill at work over my lunch yesterday.

@BruceCM Will do!

@Vortexeo In that case, I'll try to remember to tag you as well for my next update! Though I intentionally try to keep them condensed lol.

@Sunsy The most conversation I've had under an article lately is when @Snatcher and I became involved in a pun exchange. THAT was fun. XD I was waiting on something to finish processing at work before leaving, so that was a nice way to pass the time. I've been trying to spend a little more time offline, outside of chores and adulting, on my hobbies and with the people currently in my life.

@MarioLover92 I do like chocolate cake as long as it isn't too heavily so, like with devil's food cake; that can be a BIT much depending on the icing lol. With games, I do pay attention to critiques to see if it's for me, but to me there's a clear difference between constructive criticism and online bashing. Some fandoms can be more sane than others, but I do admit that there's a very vocal minority within the Pokemon fanbase.

Can't say I've played Sonic 4, but those seem like fair criticisms. Control issues have driven me away from games, though that's rare. Such as Super Mario 64 DS. I enjoyed my experience with the game on the Wii U VC much more than when I tried it on the DS. I didn't make it past more than a few stars. Uninteresting levels certainly wouldn't help. I haven't played any Sonic games outside of Sonic 2 (the 3D version on the 3DS) and Sonic Advance 3. I had some fun with each of them, but I don't think the series is for me.

@tekoii My experience with XC2, in terms of the plot, isn't too different from my experience with Ys VIII a few months ago; the plot in that game had a very good start, declined quite a bit after that (it was mostly exposition/worldbuilding), and then increasingly became better about 1/3 of the way in on up. Niall certainly seems like a decent guy, it makes me wonder how he became the emperor so young. Zeke/Pandoria's relationship makes me wonder if she won't truly go back to a core crystal like Fan; the game points out that part of hers was missing. I originally wasn't a fan of Poppi, but she's definitely growing on me. Dare I say she's becoming more...lifelike? I'm missing Pyra/Mythra, but mainly for Anchor Shot lol. Can't say I'm a fan of this dungeon, and I do appreciate the warning about the upcoming boss. I'll continue tagging you as well!

Currently playing: Ys I & II Chronicles+ (PC; Ys I: Omen), Metroid Dread

Feel free to send me a Switch friend request, but please tell me first. Otherwise, I probably won't accept.

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Switch Friend Code: SW-3478-2466-4791

Snatcher

@Tyranexx That was fun LOL, It sucks because I ran out of puns.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside.

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

tekoii

@Tyranexx Ahh i see, I haven't played YsVII or any of them actually.. but was always curious. The gameplay looks pretty cool though, idk much about the story. Oh yea huh, that is curious, about Zeke and Pandie. Oh Poppi <3 So cute, love her simple design. Her 2nd form surprised me cause I knew you can like change out Poppi's parts going into XC2 but had no clue that she has new forms. Really cool that its a thing, and ohh man the cutscene with Poppi and Lila! And LOL about Pyra/Mythra. Awesome thanks, it's great to hear your perspectives on it !

Edited on by tekoii

🗻 Arceus ▶️ Youtube 🎨 DeviantArt

Sunsy

@tekoii Glad to hear it. I hope so too, knowing me, I'll probably enjoy it. I actually liked Sonic Boom despite popular opinion. Don't worry, if you didn't get a good look, she'll appear again in other character's stories.

@Tyranexx That's cool. Always fun to see familiar people under the comments to interact with. Sounds like a nice plan to do more offline. Outside chores and games, I sometimes draw. Mostly pictures of my favorite characters. I also like to cook.

Anti and I were talking about the song from the Kao trailer, and talking led me to trying one of the original games sitting in my Steam library when the developer gave it away for free for a short time.

Edited on by Sunsy

Sunsy

tekoii

@Sunsy Oh nice, that's actually kind of a relief somehow.. that we can see Cream later on . She has a cool design, I think that's why I'm like yo. Ahh... I can't say I liked the re-designs for the team in that game, but I dont know much about it really. There's plenty of Sonic games that I still need to play, generations, colors, the gba ones, etc. Also.. same goes with like Megaman games too.

🗻 Arceus ▶️ Youtube 🎨 DeviantArt

Anti-Matter

Okay, I want to ask again about Disney Infinity 2.0 and 3.0 since those games have Western superheroes franchise that I will never like them but only want to deal with Disney characters only.

If I play the game without bundle, just only base game + portal + 1 Disney figurine, what will I see on the screen while I am on the Start menu?

Will I keep seeing a cut scene about Marvel heroes / Star Wars in game even I didn't even have any figurines of them?

Can I still able to get more unlockable objects in Toy Box mode without bothering Marvel heroes / Star Wars?

I heard each figurines have their own story so for example if I have one Disney figurine (let's say Stitch from 2.0) so if I use it in the game, will I only experience with Stitch storyline and will not experience with other character storyline at all if I never scan or use their figurines?

I really want to play Disney Infinity 2.0 and 3.0 for Disney characters only without even bothering Marvel heroes / Star Wars as I really do not like them at all.
I need to get clarification from those games if I able to play Disney Infinity games with Disney figurines only and still able to get more unlockable things for Toy Box mode.
I don't want to regret after I bought the game and found I have to play the Marvel heroes / Star Wars part even without their figurines.
Please tell me if I can play Disney Infinity 2.0 and 3.0 without being forced to play Marvel heroes / Star Wars part with only Disney figurines I have.

Top 8 Konami's Rhythm games:
1. Dance Dance Revolution
2. Para Para Paradise
3. DrumMania
4. Beatmania IIDX
5. Pop'n Music
6. KeyboardMania
7. Martial Beat
8. DANCE EVOLUTION

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

Sunsy

@tekoii Yup, she appears more than once. It's an easter egg only added to the DX version, it wasn't in the Dreamcast original. If you don't mind PC game mods, there is a mod that even restores the original Dreamcast look to the game, while keeping some of the enhancements from the DX version.

Specifically, the Wii U Sonic Boom is considered to be one of the worst Sonic games out there. Despite that, I still like it. I was late to Generations, and got it when I got my PC a few years back. I do have the 3DS version. I like that version as classic Sonic levels for the Genesis era had the same layouts as the original. Just always been a fan of the series.

I too need to play more Mega Man, I got Mega Man 2 on Wii's VC. Bought it one day looking for something to play.

@Anti-Matter The basic requirement for any Disney Infinity game is just the portal, and one figure. Doesn't matter if it's 1.0, 2.0, or 3.0.

Outside the intro, you won't run into Marvel or Star Wars stuff unless you intentionally use them in the toy box. Similar to you I'm not into super heroes since I'm more of a cartoon kind of guy. However, I think I used some of the available Marvel elements, like buildings, when making a city in my toy box. Whether you use these or not, it's up to you. The toy box is literally a sandbox.

It's worth noting, because not everyone is into super heroes, Disney did release a pack that was Disney only. Keep in mind Marvel stuff is still on the disc, it's the same game across the board. Disney released this video years ago showing off the Disney only set. Posting it just to give you an idea of the non-Marvel set.

As for menus, it's affected in 2.0. If you have a Disney toy on, the menu should be Disney themed. If you have a Marvel toy, then the menu will be Marvel themed. However characters from both will appear as loading screens, meaning you will see some Marvel characters (or Star Wars characters in 3.0's case) on loading screens. That's about it. I'm trying to remember this off hand, it's been awhile since I played it.

Hope this helps.

Edited on by Sunsy

Sunsy

Anti-Matter

@Sunsy
"However, I think I used some of the available Marvel elements, like buildings, when making a city in my toy box."

So for the building elements from Marvel heroes, are they already available from beginning for the default objects even I only use Disney figurines to play the game ?
Or the building elements must be unlocked by playing specific figurines ?
I like to build some modern buildings but I have to know from which character series that have set of modern things.
I think Stitch have bunch of modern stuffs considering he was an alien with futuristic stuffs.
And what is that hexagon shape badge on the top on portal ?

2. Para Para Paradise
3. DrumMania
4. Beatmania IIDX
5. Pop'n Music
6. KeyboardMania
7. Martial Beat
8. DANCE EVOLUTION

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

Sunsy

@Anti-Matter It's been awhile since I started playing, so again remembering off the top of my head, there are elements already unlocked. Mostly stuff for scenery I think. I remember one of the Star Wars ships were unlocked in 3.0, despite not having played the Star Wars set yet.

Some elements do unlock via figures. Example, using a 1.0 Cars figure in 2.0 gave me all the stuff to make a "Cars" inspired toy box. Same with Phineas and Ferb figures, I unlocked Doofensmirtz Evil Inc in 2.0 to use as a building.

I think in 1.0, despite being a super hero themed Disney franchise, The Incredibles had some modern buildings. Again, remembering this off the top of my head. I remember using those elements to make a Zootopia themed toy box, just to make a city. In fact, I remember using police vehicles from Marvel that were available, despite having no Marvel figures. It worked out given Judy Hopps is an officer in Zootopia.

The hexagon shape is for three pieces. Playset pieces, power discs, and Toy Box games.

• Playset pieces - these are full fledge games. For example, Inside Out.
  • Power discs - basically discs that adds items and abilities. They can be stacked on each other, or under the figure for round ones.
  • Toy Box games - kind of like a Playset, but smaller. I didn't play these much, I do have a Mickey themed racing one.

Edited on by Sunsy

Sunsy

MarioLover92

@tekoii Ah yeah, I think I remember Halo Reach being quite popular back in the day, but I especially remember Halo 3 being quite the anticipated game back in 2007. Though, back in that year, I was more excited for Super Mario Galaxy. I always get pumped for the next Mario platformer, lol - especially the 3D ones! That's cool, I prefer using a controller for most games I play, particularly stuff like platformers, adventure games, RPGs, and racing games. Those are some cool drawings you've done, btw!

Colors and Generations are generally the highlights when it comes to the Sonic boost games. I do like the Sonic Advance games as well, I'd play those quite a bit when I was younger. Most of the Mega Man games are quite good too, the classic series are generally consistent in terms of how good they are, for example. I also love some of the Mega Man X games, but then there's also stuff like Mega Man X7, which is...not that good, to put it lightly. lol

@Sunsy That's cool. I think I remember seeing something like that on our Toy Story VHS tape, but we never had that. Just the movie itself, lol. Come to think of it, we didn't really have any licensed games back in the day, most of the games we had were straight from Nintendo themselves. With the exception of stuff like a few sports games my dad would get, and the games we had for our Windows 95 PC. We did have some children's activity program that I toyed around with when I was 5, but I can't for the life of me remember much about it. lol

Yeah I agree with you on the Sonic Adventure games. You have no clue how many times I've casually played through Sonic Adventure 2, lol. And I still have my GameCube copy. Perhaps I'll get it on Steam, just to preserve it and just in case my GC disc breaks somehow. Sonic and Shadow's levels are the best part of the game, but I kinda like the shooting and treasure hunting levels too. Though, for the latter, I do wish they made the radar detect more than one emerald shard at a time. That would have made things faster. That's cool you can finish Big's stages quickly, I may need to look at a speedrun of the game to see how it's done. Because the less time I spend in his levels, the better.

Also just like you and Anti, I never really got into superheroes either. I totally get why people like them - I just happened to be into Nintendo games and characters instead. lol

@Tyranexx I did end up beating Sonic 4 once. But yeah...as a Sonic veteran myself, something felt really off about that game, and I'm not really interested in giving it a replay, lol. I've always liked Sonic in general, I really like the Genesis/Mega Drive trilogy and the Sonic Adventure duology especially, but yeah I do understand why one wouldn't get into Sonic games. They have quite the learning curve, after all. I beat Super Mario 64 DS as well, all 150 stars. It certainly took me a bit to get used to the DS version's controls, though I really like the new stuff that it brought to the table, like more stars and playable characters.

Nintendo Life's self-proclaimed #1 Mario fan!

SMM2 ID: V1J-NRF-PWG
ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioFan92 | Twitter:

Anti-Matter

@Sunsy
Gotcha. 😀
I think that was very helpful to know every single trivial things from Disney Infinity games.
If I get the 3.0 version, are the things for Toy Box mode from version 1.0 and 2.0 will be carried on 3.0 version when I use same figurines? (For example the Cars stuff from version 1.0)
Btw, what thing I can do from Toy Box mode?
I saw from YouTube we can make racing mini game or platformer games in Toy Box mode.

2. Para Para Paradise
3. DrumMania
4. Beatmania IIDX
5. Pop'n Music
6. KeyboardMania
7. Martial Beat
8. DANCE EVOLUTION

Sunsy

Snow storm outside today!

@MarioLover92 Yeah, I remember the ad for Toy Story Activity Center on the VHS tape too. I think there was also an animated storybook, but never had it because my dad felt I was "too old" for it (Ironic since I tend to enjoy cartoons and animated movies the most). Thankfully I had the Activity Center which had a bunch of mini-games. I think back then I had a Tiny Toons game for SNES Konami made that was really good. I wish it would get a re-release. I think Power Rangers too.

Getting it on PC is a good call. I tend to do that with games I like a lot, just to be able to play them without the console, and having to hook up an old system every time just to play one game. Honestly, I never had any issue with the shooting and treasure hunting levels in Sonic Adventure 2. I never thought of that with the emerald radar, now that I think about it, Sonic Adventure did more than one on the radar IIRC.

Yeah, it just never been my thing. I've been more into cuter cartoon characters more than superheroes. Poppy from Trolls may be more recent, but in the past I would watch stuff like My Little Pony (I still like it, saw the new movie awhile back), Phineas and Ferb just to name a few. Even gaming characters with Nintendo and Sega stuff (outside Sonic, I like Monkey Ball). Will admit, I kinda want to see Guardians of the Galaxy, mostly because I do like sci-fi space stuff.

@Anti-Matter Yeah scanning older figures typically unlocks stuff to use in the toy box.

Yup, all the 1.0 and 2.0 toy box stuff is in 3.0. This is why despite your dislike to Star Wars, I'd say go straight to 3.0 if all you want to do is toy box. It has everything. You'll only really encounter Star Wars in the intro, loading screens, and when browsing items to place in your toy box. Every Disney thing from the previous games is there.

You only need 1.0 and 2.0 for their specific playsets. Otherwise, toy box is best in 3.0. Example of playsets, 1.0 has Cars, Monsters University, 2.0 has Marvel Avengers, 3.0 has Inside Out and Star Wars.

Indeed, it can go in-depth with things. I once made a soccer field in Infinity 3.0, and I was able to make a counter go up when the ball went in a goal. Really cool stuff.

Sunsy

TheJGG

Anyone who's played Doki Doki Literature Club may like this remix I made of the poem writing theme... I hope you like it!

@Vortexeo and @tekoii, plus @Tyranexx, @Snatcher

Xenoblade Novel

Currently playing?
Gran Turismo 7 (PS5)
Nintendo Switch Sports
Animal Crossing: NH (NS)
Breath of the Wild (NS)
LEGO Star Wars (NS)

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114 | My Nintendo: TheJGG | Twitter:

Anti-Matter

@Sunsy
Gotcha.
So 3.0 version has the most item for a toy Box mode.
Thanks for the explanation about Disney Infinity games. 😀

2. Para Para Paradise
3. DrumMania
4. Beatmania IIDX
5. Pop'n Music
6. KeyboardMania
7. Martial Beat
8. DANCE EVOLUTION

MarioLover92

@Sunsy Oh I heard of that Tiny Toons game, that was called Buster Busts Loose, I think. I remember watching a few episodes of the cartoon itself, but that was a really long time ago. I totally remember the theme song though! I remember those Disney animated storybooks too, I'd use the one that's themed after The Lion King when I was super young.

That's cool, I do have quite a few games on my laptop as well, though I would need to connect one of my Switch pro controllers if I wanna play something that's not first-person. All of them are connected to my Switch itself at the moment, so it's a bit of work. I didn't have any real trouble with those levels either, and I was still able to get by with SA2's emerald radar. I didn't even know they changed it to that, since I played SA2 first, lol.

Nice, my childhood pretty much consisted of Nintendo games, Disney films, and even Cartoon Network shows, we just didn't really into the superhero stuff that DC and Marvel made. I do recall seeing some episodes of Justice League, but that's kinda it. I like Monkey Ball as well, I still have my GameCube copy of Super Monkey Ball 2, and I recently got Banana Mania for the Switch.

Nintendo Life's self-proclaimed #1 Mario fan!

SMM2 ID: V1J-NRF-PWG
ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioFan92 | Twitter:

Tyranexx

I did slide in a little more XC2 this morning. Tagging @Vortexeo and @BruceCM since the other relevant parties are mentioned in the post.

• As I suspected long before now, Nia is indeed a Blade! More precisely a Flesh Eater. Definitely a heavy backstory for her. I like her design, though to me she's way more useful as a Driver than as Rex's Blade. Shame he was dense with the "Rex, I love you" bit....
  • Finally got to the end of Spirit Crucible Elphys and fought Shadow Addam x1000. @tekoii Was this the annoying boss fight? I found it tedious more than difficult. Didn't help that Morag and Nia fell into the toxic soup below at one point...I was fully expecting a do-over there. No sword, but apparently this was one of those confidence-building quests, because Rex knows what he must do next.
  • Back to Mor Ardain to charter a ship to the Cliffs of Morytha. I explored around a bit beforehand and found a very amusing heart-to-heart at the hot spring primarily involving Tora and Morag. XD
  • While Cliffs of Morytha is once again home to a tune I enjoy, the actual landscape is way less hospitable. I had a heck of a time navigating. At least the place is fun to explore when one isn't accidentally running across random Tyrants keen on offing the group....
  • Turns out Malos successfully repaired his core crystal, and Pyra is "a sack of meat" at this point....We'll see about that. Ophion still wasn't a fan of the guy. I wasn't either, but I made it through the fight with him. That was an EXCELLENT scene between him and Nia. Pretty poetic; he destroys, and she heals.

@Snatcher Truth be told, I was almost out as well. XD Of good puns, anyway.

@tekoii I highly recommend Ys VIII; it's one of the better action RPGs I've played in recent memory. Overall I like Poppi, but the downside is that Tora can only use artificial Blades. It makes sense from a story perspective, but in terms of gameplay, I prefer Morag as the tank. The Poppi/Lila cutscene was indeed very well done.

@Sunsy I also enjoy reading, mainly novels from various genres. Once in awhile I delve into nonfiction a bit, and I do pick up the occasional manga volume. I doodle sometimes, but it's been some time since I've actually drawn anything lol. As for cooking...I do that too, but more to feed myself and less out of pleasure. I do sometimes try something a bit different if I have the time and ingredients though.

We received some unexpected snow yesterday, though it was only an inch or so. It's been a mild and relatively dry winter here....

@MarioLover92 I didn't really grow up with Sonic. Sonic Advance 3 wasn't bad, it was a nice distraction on trips when I got sick of Pokemon and Mega Man Battle Network; it was my brother's game. Sonic 2 was decent overall. My thing is, for a character about speed, the stages try their best to not make that a reality...at least in the earlier games. I recognize it's a quality series for the most part, just not really for me. As for SM64 DS, part of my problem too is that many of the mini-games felt stale to me; I'd played and beaten New Super Mario Bros. before getting that game. They share many mini-games. SM64 DS released first, so I realize that isn't an entirely fair critique. I also wasn't a fan of changing hats or playing as Yoshi.

@TheJGG Don't sweat writing a long reply if you're busy or unwell. I'm just tagging you so you can follow along with my XC2 shenanigans. Though I'm REALLY paraphrasing some of it lol. I appreciate the shout-out for the remix, that's a very good rendition of the DDLC poem theme. Haven't played DDLC+, but I've played the original PC game.

Currently playing: Ys I & II Chronicles+ (PC; Ys I: Omen), Metroid Dread

Feel free to send me a Switch friend request, but please tell me first. Otherwise, I probably won't accept.

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Switch Friend Code: SW-3478-2466-4791

Snatcher

So what do you know, there was a Series S at the store, so I guess there's going to be a series S in the house now. With microsoft buying everyone out, better safe then sorry.
Been wanting to play sea of thieves for the longest time! And the game pass has bound to have something I like.
@Tyranexx Hey makes sure to tag me with your playthrough as well!

Edited on by Snatcher

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside.

Sunsy

@Anti-Matter You're welcome. Just remember, you will see Star Wars in the intro/tutorial (Infinity integrated tutorial in the intros) and loading screens, beyond that, you'll have everything in the toy box if you decide on 3.0.

Toy box is a lot of fun, you make your own world and play in it.

@MarioLover92 Yes, that's the one. It was a very good game. I use to watch the cartoon a lot as a kid too. Never had the animated storybooks, I think Toy Story Activity Center was the only game I had like that until Finding Nemo's Underwater World of Fun. Mom surprised me with that one on PC, and thankfully, my parents understood I just liked what I liked then, even though I was older. IIRC, it was a Finding Nemo mini-game collection.

Sounds like a good setup. I mostly use a Logitech gamepad in PC games, it has a switch between XInput (Xbox) and Direct Input (older games/Logitech tool). I like it. Me neither, I did play through Sonic Adventure DX months ago on PC just to have all the levels unlocked on a PC save. Haven't thought about it until replaying the game.

Awesome, my childhood was similar, with Sega games as my brother had a Genesis and I had a Game Gear. I still remember when Cartoon Network had old cartoons, loved Snorks and would get up early for it. I'm more of an adult cartoon fan, I'm not a kid anymore, but I still love cartoons that are more on the kid friendly/family friendly side since it's always been something I always loved, I stick with it because I enjoy them the most.

I remember seeing an episode of Batman The Animated Series and that was it, I just wasn't into. Super heroes just wasn't my cup of tea. I think the closest were Power Rangers, and Powerpuff Girls, the latter was more of a cartoon at times, and I loved the latter.

Cool, the first Super Monkey Ball was my first GameCube game. I also played Step & Roll, Touch and Roll, Jr, and Banana Blitz HD. Still need to get Banana Mania

@Tyranexx That's cool, I don't have much manga, a couple based on anime I like. Ok, I usually like drawing when I have the free time to, and it's usually just fan art of characters I like. That's understandable. Yeah, I find it fun trying to make something new. Especially if it's a dish from another country.

I think we got a bit of snow yesterday, but today, we had a blizzard. My Switch was on YouTube all day following coverage, and I did gaming on my PC today.

@Snatcher Have fun! A friend of mine recently got a Series X, and I've seen it in person too. We play Halo Infinite together via cross-play, I play on PC, my friend on his Series X.

Sunsy

Snatcher

@Sunsy Thanks, at first I was kinda eh about it, but with the gamepass, and maicrsoft getting activision, I'm actually pretty darn excited! And I ended up remembering all these games I have been wanting to play on the Xbox.

plus I don't have to pay for Nintendo stupid service to play banjo.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic