Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 58,481 to 58,500 of 60,766

MarioLover92

@roy130390 I'm doing pretty good, thanks for asking. Gonna be playing Mario Kart this weekend, and my birthday is coming on Monday.

Nintendo Life's self-proclaimed #1 Mario fan!

SMM2 ID: V1J-NRF-PWG
ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioFan92 | Twitter:

Fizza

@roy130390 Not doing too bad honestly, just waiting for PLA to come out next week and avoiding spoilers for it like the plague. Whilst you're here, I've always been wondering where your avatar is from? It feels so familiar yet I can't quite place it.

Edited on by Fizza

Currently Playing: Pokemon Legends Arceus/Brilliant Diamond/Shield
Banjo Kazooie
Splatoon 2
446/488 in Brilliant Diamond Nat Dex
Currently performing a summoning circle for a 2nd Ace Attorney Trilogy
PLA Shinies: 68

roy130390

@Fizza I'm doing the same haha, I'm cautiously optimistic for the game. As for my Avatar, it's a scene that I made gif from "Happy Souls", a YouTube video about the Dark Souls 2 Co-op experience. Also glad to know that you are doing well!

@MarioLover92 Nice, Good to know that you are doing well and I really wish you that you a great Happy Birthday in advance in case I can't be here that day! Mario Kart 8 Deluxe is easily one of my favourite games on the system haha, I never get bored of it but I have such a big backlog that I can't play it as much as I want.

Edited on by roy130390

Switch Friend Code: SW-3916-4876-1970

Zuljaras

@MarioLover92 Thanks! I will wait a little longer.

As for Metroid Dread I meant a better release like with Pokemon SS with expansion pass on the cartridge. I hope there is no DLC though

https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2022/05/random-doom-fan-has-a-novel-way-to-display-a-destroyed-switch-cartridge

MarioLover92

@roy130390 Thanks! We picked up my cake today since the bakery won't be open on the next two days. I played the first two MK8D tournaments yesterday and today, the last one will happen tomorrow. Yeah, I have a lot of games on my backlog, though unfortunately for me it's a bit out of control, lol. Besides MK8D, I've been playing Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Tetris Effect Connected, and Castlevania Advance Collection.

@Zuljaras Yeah you're welcome. Though to be honest, I doubt they're gonna have DLC for Metroid Dread. Doesn't seem like the kind of game where they'd throw in some kind of expansion, to me anyway.

Link-Hero

@Zuljaras
Get Metroid Dread, as it's an excellent game and considered game of the year by many for good reasons. Even though Pokémon isn't out yet, I guarantee it won't be anywhere close to the same league as Dread.

Link-Hero

Switch Friend Code: SW-3097-0477-1999 | Nintendo Network ID: LinkHero25

Fizza

Well, I'm addicted to Lego again. After getting 2 sets totalling to €40 there over Christmas, I'm getting 2 more this time round totalling to €50. I won't give away what they are (I'll reveal them after they're done) but a small hint is that they're both Lego City themed ones. I'm so excited, this is going to be just the thing I need to distract myself from the internet for the next couple of days.

Currently Playing: Pokemon Legends Arceus/Brilliant Diamond/Shield
Banjo Kazooie
Splatoon 2
446/488 in Brilliant Diamond Nat Dex
Currently performing a summoning circle for a 2nd Ace Attorney Trilogy
PLA Shinies: 68

Sunsy

@MarioLover92 I did play Super Mario 3 on my Wii a couple of months back while I was waiting in the living room. I thought it looked a bit brighter on there.

Yeah, that reminds me, I want to grab the 8-bit Sonic 1 before the eShop shuts down, maybe Super Mario Kart on both Wii U and New 3DS, just to have them there. Super Mario Kart sits on my Wii in the living room.

@Anti-Matter Just want to say, welcome back!

Sunsy

roy130390

@MarioLover92 Oh yeah I've seen you playing Animal Crossing from time to time. I also keep playing it a lot, I kinda want to finish my island soon (I'm close) so that I can show it to you guys. I still need some key items so it will be a matter of having good luck with recipes and items in the shops. I didn't know there were tournaments in MK8, unfortunately I just don't have the level to play on those haha.

Are you playing the first Castlevania Collection? I'm playing the second one with the GBA games. I recently played a game called Astalon: Tears of the Earth and it's an easy recommendation for people that enjoy Metroidvanias or action platformers. Great game with rogue-lite elements as it allows constant progression by unlocking shortcuts. It will even have a physical edition from Limited Run Games soon.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3916-4876-1970

Sunsy

@roy130390 I'm doing good, rented a movie tonight (UglyDolls, wanted to see it), and played some SMT V this afternoon. Quiet day today. Hope you're doing good too.

@Fizza Cool, I use to have a lot of Legos when I was a kid. Nowadays I have a few smaller sets based off Trolls I got as a Christmas gifts in 2020, and a couple of the Lego Dimensions stuff because of the game.

Sunsy

Snatcher

@Anti-Matter Hope your doing well.

@roy130390 Nice to see you again, where have you been up to lately?

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside.

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

MarioLover92

@Sunsy Yeah and I think it's a bit sharper too, I recall NES games being a bit blurry on Wii U. That'd be cool, I ended up getting the Master System version of Sonic 1 from the Wii VC years ago. I have Super Mario Kart on both the SNES and the Wii VC, as well as on NSO. Though to be honest...I have a hard time playing SMK these days, mainly because of the controls. I tend to play as Toad in that game, since he and Koopa Troopa have the best kart control. To be fair though, I was pretty spoiled by many of the later Mario Kart games, especially Mario Kart 8.

@roy130390 I have been getting quite a few recipes, though not all of them just yet. I like cooking a new one before I head out to a Kapp'n island, I would rapidly hit each and every one of the rocks, eat my recipe, then break all the rocks. I'd dig up any tree too, so I'd put all my energy to good use. Best of luck on finishing your island. I'm generally pretty happy with how my island turned out, especially with my theme park. I updated my dream address fairly recently, I did that the last time I played right before calling it a night. I also have to get to doing more of HHP one of these days, lol.

On MK8, it's ok. Nintendo themselves have been hosting the tourneys for North American players, and they're giving away 2,500 gold coins to each of those who placed in the top 8. I played the first two and there were a good number of people who had a ton more points than I did by the time I finished my last race, lol. The top three players for the second tourney had at least 349 points, I got 235, which I don't think is too bad, all things considered.

I'm playing the one with the GBA games. Astalon sounds cool, I may have to give that a shot sometime. Though, I think I'm ok with getting it from the eShop.

Anti-Matter

I started again from beginning for The Sims Bustin' Out Gamecube last week as I made a mistake so I have to fix by play from beginning again (Bust Out) and I quickly reached Shiny Things Lab place today.
My The Sims Bustin' Out PS2 version is already finished since last month, all missions accomplished so I have to do same thing with the Gamecube version.

And I noticed some different things from Gamecube and PS2 version.
1. PS2 version have slightly better graphic and shading.
2. Gamecube version have faster loading and saving time.
3. Gamecube version have louder sounds than PS2 version.
4. PS2 version have Online mode while Gamecube version have something connected with GBA version.
5. Button schemes for PS2 version is easier to navigate than Gamecube version.

Anyway, who have ever played The Sims Bustin' Out PS2 / Gamecube version ?
I cannot stop laughing to see Mom (The Sims Bustin' Out character) keep dancing around nonstop in front of her jukebox when I was at her house to maximize out all my skills into level 10. 🤣

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Top 8 Konami's Rhythm games:
1. Dance Dance Revolution
2. Para Para Paradise
3. DrumMania
4. Beatmania IIDX
5. Pop'n Music
6. KeyboardMania
7. Martial Beat
8. DANCE EVOLUTION

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

Zuljaras

Here is my latest drawing inspired by Castlevania. It is called "Belmont's Arrival".

Untitled

https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2022/05/random-doom-fan-has-a-novel-way-to-display-a-destroyed-switch-cartridge

MarioLover92

@Zuljaras Looks awesome, great job.

Sunsy

@MarioLover92 Ooh, I forgot the Wii had Master System games. Maybe it's the buttons, Super Mario Kart did use B button to accelerate, while later games used A to accelerate. SMK is a favorite of mine, actually, it's the first Mario game I played. My main changed over the years. First, it was Yoshi, then it was Koopa Troopa, then Yoshi again, and now it's Peach. Since getting Mario Kart 8, I tend to main Peach a lot in races.

Sunsy

Tyranexx

XC2 Update for @TheJGG, @tekoii, @BruceCM (spoilers ahoy!):

• I gathered information on the assassination plot in Indol. Turns out the group jumped to the wrong conclusion with the information and attacked a group of Tirkin chefs. Whoops!
  • That said, Bana is at it again, this time with Giga Rosa. She was no pushover, though the fact she looks like a Funko Pop makes it hard for me to take her seriously....
  • VERY powerful scene when Niall used Aegaeon to shield the rest of the party and sacrificed himself. Not only did this speak volumes about his character, but the aftermath showed how much Morag truly cares for him. They're two of my favorite characters at this point.
  • While I'm glad Niall is alive, what happened to bring him to life is confirming at least some of my suspicions regarding Nia.
  • I FINALLY made it to Tantal; the environment in Genbu is quite fitting for the northern hemisphere this time of year! Beautiful music and environments for sure. Theosoir is also a lovely sight, though it's not all sunshine and roses....
  • In typical "What a twist!" fashion, the king's welcome was quite cold. No more Aegis, eh? Not if Rex and Co. have anything to say about it! Morag and Tora show their genius here, and Zeke's heart is definitely in the right place. They disabled the laser meant to destroy Pyra/Mythra, but this had the negative side effect of causing Genbu to go haywire.
  • We're going to try to "fix" the Omega Fetter with Pyra's abilities. That's all well and good, but it took me QUITE A WHILE to work my way down to the lower level (erm, without dying). That's where I left off last time.

@MarioLover92 I must've seen some episodes out of the earlier seasons then, though they were scattered here and there. I'm sure that didn't help much lol. But yeah, I never really got into Naruto. I probably would have enjoyed the Pokemon manga if manga in general was easier to obtain where I lived at the time. There weren't any dedicated bookstores around the time I started reading manga, so I mostly had to rely on borrowing volumes and the odd book fair.

I'd honestly like to get back into Bleach since I borrowed and read the first two volumes of that manga series, but there are so many volumes (74) at this point that I doubt I'll catch up lol.

Currently playing: Professor Layton and the Azran Legacy, XC2: Torna - The Golden Country

Feel free to send me a Switch friend request, but please tell me first. Otherwise, I probably won't accept.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3478-2466-4791

Zuljaras

@MarioLover92 Happy birthday pal! I wish you all the happiness in life and all the fun in gaming!!!

MarioLover92

It's my birthday! I can't believe I'm saying this...but I am now 30 years old. I even went ahead and changed my profile pic to match the occasion, lol. It's of Mario winning on Peach's Birthday Cake in Mario Party Superstars.

@Sunsy Not really, I could get behind the button layouts, I meant to say that the kart physics are a bit hard to deal with for me. Drifting in SMK is totally unlike how it's done in MK8, for example, and I found myself going off course quite a bit. I recall hearing that they wanted to make the controls/physics as close to real kart racing as possible. Perhaps that's why. It's still a good game for sure, I sometimes come back to it.

That's cool, I sometimes play as Peach as well! I found myself mostly playing as Mario as he's always been my favorite character, but in the last MK8D tournament that Nintendo had going for NA players, I used Rosalina instead. I did even better in that tourney than in the last two, I got 276 points.

@Tyranexx Ah I see, I vaguely recall manga not being too common over here as well. Might be why I didn't really get into manga. I actually never saw or read Bleach, as shocking as it may sound. lol

@Zuljaras Thanks so much!

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic