Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 58,481 to 58,500 of 96,305

Maximumbeans

I bought a copy of Pokemon Black 2 off eBay the other day (cartridge only but I got a very nice price for it).
Took a look at the previous owner's save file and it's incredible. This guy started his game in February 2013 and his PC was absolutely loaded with incredible mons. Loads of them were competitive, many were shiny, some were transferred all the way from Hoenn, many were transferred up from Sinnoh.
One of the boxes was labelled VGC and it had totally competitive Pokemon for the time, all with ideal natures and probably perfect IVs and EV trained. There was a box for a rain team, a box for a stall team, a box for a sandstorm team. It was like I'd found an absolute treasure trove.

Not sure what to do with it yet but I'd kind of hate to just wipe it all. As much as I want to play the game, it's going to feel awful! I might preserve the best ones on Bank, in memory of Jon, a guy who really, really made the most of his copy of Black 2.

Hang on to your youthful enthusiasms - you'll be able to use them better when you're older.

3DS Friend Code: 0490-8421-1170

Anti-Matter

@Maximumbeans
Meanwhile, I bought Pokemon Black 2 NDS USA version from Ebay 3 years ago, got used condition (Very Good, Complete in Box) and get some bonus = Save data from the previous owner with some rare Pokemon on it. 😁

Anti-Matter

Fizza

Oh god. I've been watching a lot of Taiko videos after the Direct that had that new one in it...

Do I get a Taiko game?

Currently MIA for exams; see you all in a bit! o7
Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: YT1-0Q2-YFF
Please ask for permission before using my FC!
Currently Playing: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3505-5480-3330 | Twitter:

Maximumbeans

@Anti-Matter Yes, same thing here! There's the Forces of Nature Trio, a shiny Lugia, an Arceus, Darkrai, all sorts of stuff. A lot of it I could catch in Omega Ruby or Ultra Sun, sure, but there's something about them on an old copy of B2 that makes them feel so much more legit and sacred.

Hang on to your youthful enthusiasms - you'll be able to use them better when you're older.

3DS Friend Code: 0490-8421-1170

Fizza

@Anti-Matter My brain just melted.

I LOVE IT.

Currently MIA for exams; see you all in a bit! o7
Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: YT1-0Q2-YFF
Please ask for permission before using my FC!
Currently Playing: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3505-5480-3330 | Twitter:

Eel

Cinderella, and the other early animated Disney movies relied heavily on rotoscoping for the pretty pretty princesses and princes, so they can look a bit out of place and... Weird... At least compared to the more cartoony characters around them.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

MarioVillager92

@Zuljaras Ah yeah I remember that song too! That's the one during that training scene, IIRC. I'd say my favorite Disney song is the Belle song in the beginning of Beauty and the Beast. It's been a while since I've seen Cinderella, admittedly, but I remember liking it and I thought the animation was just as good as the other Disney movies. Yeah, I also mostly grew up with the 90s Disney movies, so I'm a bit more attached to those!

@Sunsy Oh I think I had that shirt too! From what you've told me, it sounds really familiar. I have a Yoshi shirt of my own now, as well.

Agreed with you on both. To be honest, watching it kind of got me in a Disney mood, lol! They're generally nice, feel-good movies to watch, and as we all know, they bring back the child in us all.

Me and mom gave each other those Disney Traditions mini statues. I gave her Cinderella, and she gave me Mickey Mouse. (He's got that patriotic outfit on, too!) That's a cool Poppy doll you got here.

Yeah, I'm kind of the same way, I have many, many figurines of many Mario characters, including all the amiibos I got, and the Club Nintendo platinum reward from 2010. Recently, I got a figure of Mario walking and tipping his hat. That Mario and Peach tin sounds cool, too.

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

Anti-Matter

@Eel
Yeah.
The princess as main character from older Disney movie looked way more beautiful than the supporting characters. They are Barbie models in Disney movie.

Also...
Tiana from The Princess and the Frog Disney animated movie was the only girl that didn't really consider herself as princess. She was a hardworking waitress at cafe and restaurant, working almost everyday, day and night to save her money to build her own 5 stars restaurant
(Tiana's Palace) like her daddy wished for. She finally became princess after being a frog, falling in love with Naveen and get lifted from the curse. And she was the first dark skinned Disney princess.

Anti-Matter

Tyranexx

I did manage to finish the ? Block yesterday evening! If I get time, I'll try to upload a few images to share tomorrow evening if I round up my packing early enough. Tonight is somewhat busy, plus I have started some packing.

@MarioLover92 I will admit that I found the final boss in SMRPG a little disappointing, but it was still certainly worth playing. I played it on the Wii U VC but can also easily revisit it on the SNES Classic if I wish. I'm not a big fan of NSO; I'm fine with it being an option for those who want the service, but I wish you could just buy the games outright too. As for Paper Jam, I've heard it isn't bad, but online feedback indicates that many feel it's a step down from the rest of the series and is meh at best...with a couple of decent points.

Edited on by Tyranexx

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Sunsy

@MarioLover92 Yeah, it was ordered directly from Nintendo via an order form that came with my Nintendo 64, so I'm guessing you got yours the same way. My current Yoshi shirt I got years ago has Yoshi jumping with "Yoshi" written across the top.

Same, I've been in a Disney mood lately. Recently had Frozen on my mind, also I checked out that new Disney Junior show Alice's Wonderland Bakery, got reminded of Alice in Wonderland as they made Alice, young Alice's great grandmother and her picture is in the bakery. I'm kind of in the mood to watch Alice in Wonderland one day. Also watched Oliver and Company awhile back.

Those sound really cool. Thanks, it's cool to see them adapt the rock look she had in that one scene, hence why I took a pic of it by the TV.

I have a bunch of amiibo. I also have some Skylanders, and a bunch of Disney Infinity figures because of their games. I always like stuff with my favorite characters on them, whether it's Trolls, Disney, or gaming (Sonic and Mario mostly). If I ever find it, I should share a pic of it. Right now, it's somewhere. IIRC, it had Peach kissing Mario on it, and heart shaped.

@Anti-Matter Gave those a listen while replying, really stepped up the songs for DDR.

Edited on by Sunsy

The resident Trolls superfan! Saw Trolls Band Together via early access and absolutely loved it!

MarioVillager92

@Tyranexx That's good. I have SMRPG on both the Wii VC and on the SNES Classic. Yeah, owning those retro games outright would be great for sure, especially for free or a discount if you got them on Nintendo's previous systems. Hopefully, by the time the Switch eShop inevitably closes, we'd at least keep all the NES, SNES, N64, and Genesis NSO apps free of charge, and without having to connect online to use them. That'd be great. I think Pokemon Bank's having something similar, where you'd be able to use it for free when the 3DS and Wii U eShops close.

I kind of agree with the online feedback you've mentioned. I've played and seen far worse, but it's pretty much the weakest of the Mario & Luigi series. Kind of a missed opportunity to have characters and settings from the actual Paper Mario games, it's pretty much just another Mario & Luigi game, rather than a full-fledged crossover. So that's pretty disappointing.

Edit: Oh and congrats on finishing your ? block set! Totally overlooked your comment about that, my apologies.

@Sunsy Yeah, it must have been, though I was very young when I got my Nintendo 64. I got mine on Christmas '97 and was about to turn 6 the next month. So I don't remember the full specifics, unfortunately.

That's really cool, I was thinking of seeing Alice in Wonderland as well! The animated version from 1951. I want to get to see Sleeping Beauty as well, I heard that one's great. Was thinking of seeing Mary Poppins, too - that was the only live-action Disney movie I've seen. I've seen Oliver and Company once, but that's it. Also saw The Great Mouse Detective a long time ago, I actually liked it quite a bit.

Yeah, I have plenty of figures of my favorite characters too, such as Mario, Luigi, Peach, Yoshi, Toad, Rosalina...the list goes on and on, lol. I've also always been a good guy kind of person, honestly, rather than the bad guys or anti-heroes - so you're not gonna catch me playing as Bowser, lol. That's just how I roll! That last thing sounds really sweet, too.

Edited on by MarioVillager92

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

Sunsy

@MarioLover92 Sounds like it could have been the same situation with me, I got my N64 April of 98.

Yeah, that's the Alice in Wonderland I was thinking of too. Disney made Alice from Alice in Wonderland, the 1951 movie, as young Alice's great grandmother in the new series. We have Mary Poppins and Sleeping Beauty as well. Maybe I'll watch a Disney movie this weekend, we have a bunch of them. Tomorrow, the new season of TrollsTopia. Surprisingly, I don't think I ever seen The Great Mouse Detective.

Cool! I'm the same way too, always like the good guys the most. Looking at character stuff I have, I mostly have the good guys. Though, I do have that Bowser Skylander/amiibo hybrid figure that came with Skylanders Superchargers on Wii (Wii U came with Donkey Kong, I have both, both Wii U and Wii versions were two different games).

Edited on by Sunsy

The resident Trolls superfan! Saw Trolls Band Together via early access and absolutely loved it!

Zuljaras

Link-Hero wrote:

@Zuljaras
Hey, I liked the original animated movie of Cinderella. Sure it's a little slow and simple, but that's what I appreciate about it. Nothing complicated occurs in the story and it sets out to what it wants to tell. And what are you talking about bad animation? It's just as good if not better than there other movies of the time as it was done by the same animation team of their previous works. What makes it "bad" if I may ask?

If you found Cinderella dull, then Pinocchio will be right up your alley. It is a bit straightforward as well, but a lot more does happen within the movie. It's the movie where Jiminy Cricket originated from, has some subtle dark moments, and there's a scene that's famous for terrifying millions of children.

Eel explained it better than me

The whole animation style and voiceovers were extremely dull. For me the movie is unwatchable for a second time

I know it is very old movie and it was a big deal back then but I can't lie to myself and say I like it just because it is a classic

A good movie for me is the one I would love to re-watch from time to time

Also dark moments you say? Like the famous "pink elephants dream" in old Dumbo?

Eel

Hah, apparently people have been learning new things about finding shiny Pokémon in the switch Pokémon games.

In Let’s Go Pikachu and Eevee, people assumed that since the bonus to the shiny chance maxed out at 31 consecutive captures, it was then most optimal to stop catching then and just wait for the shiny to spawn. Now dataminers have found out that the bonus actually only applies to the next Pokémon of that species to spawn immediately after catching one, so effectively, you need to keep capturing Pokémon for the bonus to take effect; waiting it out and letting them spawn in and out by themselves is no different from just hoping any random Pokémon is shiny.

In Sword and Shield, people knew that the shiny chance was meant to increase after capturing or defeating a Pokémon of that species, but assumed the whole thing wasn’t properly implemented, because it didn’t actually apply the bonus in wild encounters. Turns out, the bonus is only meant to apply to Pokémon with a bright aura, a mechanic they introduced in these games, which people kind of completely ignored.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Anti-Matter

@Sunsy
If you like Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious song from Mary Poppins, you will like more the Eurobeat version from DDR Disney Mix.
All Disney Eurobeat songs has been licensed by Avex Trax. You can check out other Disney Eurobeat songs on YouTube, even When You Wish Upon a Star Eurobeat version.

Anti-Matter

WoomyNNYes

@dcstud If you look in your nintendolife notification emails, I have a solution for your recent thread. I don't want to break community rules, so I deleted it after posting. I've been using it for at least four years. It's been great.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

Anti-Matter

@Eel
I don't understand the obsession of getting Shinies on Pokemon games.
I mean some of Shinies have worse color schemes in my opinion and do they have better stats than Normal Pokemon ?

Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

@Zuljaras
Maybe it just only your perception about something girlie and something masculine.
As your preferences is something masculine, you will not get the appeal from girlie things such as Cinderella or Sleeping Beauty.
And since my personality kinda mellow (melancholy guy) and have interest with something girlie, I get the appeal from Cinderella or Sleeping Beauty.
Also, I will drop my tears everytime I watch Ray the firefly dying in peace after got squished by Dr Facilier from The Princess and the Frog Disney animated movie since I have some melancholy side.

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic