Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 58,461 to 58,480 of 96,507

Sunsy

@Fizza That line made me laugh. Like it's poking fun at what some recent movies do.

@Eel Indeed. I did a double take when I saw the ponies. Mostly because I watched the series. I was like "were those ponies?" Had to rewind the trailer just from seeing it.

The resident Trolls superfan! Saw Trolls Band Together via early access and absolutely loved it!

Anti-Matter

@Eel
New Chip n Dale movie without the chipmunk voices = criminal.
Bring back their chipmunk voices.

Anti-Matter

Fizza

@Anti-Matter Have to agree on that. It's like how the Mii's aren't the main focus of Switch Sports: it's understandable, but the game's lost a lot of the heart because of it, you know? I think the voice actors are fine, but if you slightly pitched them up since they're already quite deeply voiced, I think it would be better.

Edited on by Fizza

Currently MIA for exams; see you all in a bit! o7
Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: YT1-0Q2-YFF
Please ask for permission before using my FC!
Currently Playing: Yoshi's Story (N64)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3505-5480-3330 | Twitter:

Eel

@Anti-Matter I'm sure they'll have some sort explanation for that in the movie. Like... The squeaky effect was just added in post-production for the cartoon, because that's what people expect them to sound like.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Anti-Matter

I was thinking about Ninja Baseball player and I found this instead.
Untitled

Anti-Matter

Snatcher

@Eel My feelings about it is almost, yes, and no, because it could be jacked up, and they could mess it up.

But it looks like its a roger rabbit spin off in a way, or at least the same world. I don't mind there voice change, as I think there trying to make them seem like actors, so I'm fine with it.

I actually heard something kinda cool, I haven't fact checked this but, Live actions sonics older look is supposed to be a big plot point in the movie If that real, I'm all over this movie.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

Tyranexx

Tried something new this evening: green tea mochi ice cream. I've had other mochi ice cream flavors, but I decided to branch out and try something different. I like it overall - I sometimes drink hot green tea at work - but I think I prefer other ice cream flavors. XD My favorite mochi ice cream flavor (that I've been able to try) is still by far the mango. Though I have yet to try the coconut.

@BruceCM The Golden Sun games are certainly worth playing, but there is a LOT of text and the Djinn system can be quite broken sometimes. I'm a reader and don't often skip text unless I've been through the game several times lol.

@TheJGG I've dealt with some scalping already, thankfully most of those items were restocked before long; they were mainly hot commodities for pre-orders. I'm not against paying for something a little over MSRP (a few bucks) if I want it badly enough, but many asking prices out there are too insane. Conversely, I'm trying to buy less open world games by being pickier in general....I enjoy them, but the fact that they're timesinks coupled with the fact that I love exploring in a game means it's hard for me to draw the line on where to stop with them sometimes.

I'm still quite enjoying XC2 overall, but I do agree it's clunkier and falls short in several ways when compared to XC:DE; that might not be an entirely fair comparison since the latter is technically a polished re-release, but I think I prefer the systems in the "first" game overall. I'd say my order of Xenoblade fondness also goes in (original) release order. But yes, the series sets such a high bar that it isn't really a criticism. X beyond deserves ported to the Switch; I know Monolith has stated that they think it'll be too much work, but who knows? They may surprise us yet.

@MarioLover92 I played Super Mario RPG via the Wii U VC a few years ago and was surprised how much I enjoyed it; graphically it hasn't aged the best, but mechanically it's still quite fun! Geno and Mallow were fun characters too. I hope it gets a re-release, or at the very least migrates to NSO at some point. I hope to gradually play through most of the Mario & Luigi (only played Superstar Saga + Bowser's Minions so far) and Paper Mario entries (mentioned before) that interest me. Which includes most of them except for Paper Jam and Sticker Star. I might cave for one or both of the latter two if I can find them cheap somewhere though.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

MarioVillager92

@Sunsy That's cool. Yeah, those Mario sets definitely didn't exist when I was younger. I don't think I even had that much Mario-themed merchandise back then, such as clothes. I did have a cap that was themed after the first Super Mario Bros., but that's kind of it. Of course, that all changed since I have a lot of Mario-themed clothes now, lol.

Me too! Yeah, it's quite an underrated Disney movie, I had fun watching it. I think my favorite song in that movie is "Down in New Orleans," it's such a fun and upbeat song! One of the things I noticed was that it seems to have some subtle references to past Disney films. Like the wishing star from Pinocchio.

I still want to see Encanto sometime, by the way. I hope I can get to see it soon!

@Tyranexx Yeah absolutely! I think SMRPG holds its own when compared to its successors. Now that the 3DS and Wii U eShops are going away in a year from now, hopefully the game will at least come to NSO. Paper Jam is an all right game I think, though it's not quite as good as the previous M&L games. Yeah, getting them for cheap is a wise idea, though of course, I'd recommend PJ over SS.

Zuljaras wrote:

The other classics like Aladdin, B&B and Mulan nailed the singing perfectly

Oh yeah absolutely, those have some great songs for sure. I think I only saw Mulan once or twice though, been thinking of giving that a watch. I'm more familiar with the first two.

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

Sunsy

The news on the Wii U and 3DS eShop coming to a close reminds me of two things. I need to pick up some eShop cards within the next few months to buy games I want. Secondly, we really need a DRM-free option for digital console games, and this is why I like GOG for PC games.

Let me buy, download, and be able to keep the game forever. I can install just about all of my GOG games without needing the Internet after the initial download, and back them up to discs and USB sticks.

I have most of my Wii U digital stuff on USB sticks, so I can just delete and copy back to the system memory or my hard drive as needed.

@MarioLover92 I think as a kid, the most I had were Super Mario 3 pajamas. Reason I say Super Mario 3 because it had Racoon Mario flying out of a TV. I also had a Yoshi beanie baby, and a Yoshi shirt I got with an order form that came with my Nintendo 64. I didn't like how Yoshi was on back, so I would always wear it backwards when I was a kid since I wanted Yoshi on front, lol. I did have quite a few Sonic things as a kid.

Good song. Yeah, Ray's love Evangeline. Ray's death always gets me. I think my friend watched it recently too after years of recommending it. He thought it was just going to be the Frog Prince, he had no idea it would be about Tiana becoming a frog. Also, I really like Tiana's love for cooking seeing how I enjoy cooking.

Hoping to see that one and Turning Red hopefully soon.

As for Valentine's Day, had a good one. Played some games, and spent time with mom. Gave her a card, some candy, and made a salmon dinner. She gave me a Trolls Valentine Card with a Poppy doll. I very rarely eat candy, so for years she always gets me something related to my favorite characters. My earliest memory of this, she gave me a Sonic and Tails shirt, with two Sonic SatAM VHS tapes when I was a kid.

Edited on by Sunsy

The resident Trolls superfan! Saw Trolls Band Together via early access and absolutely loved it!

jedgamesguy

It may come off insensitive but I don't see an issue with the eShops being disabled. There's no use maintaining a "dead" console in the Wii U, plus all the infrastructure needed for exclusive services, plus the popular 3DS. It's inevitable, and shows Nintendo's going all in with Switch.

Currently playing:
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114

Sunsy

@TheJGG The only real issue is the inevitable being unable to re-download game, got told in the comments to stop spreading misinformation. I'm sorry as I didn't know the Wii and DSi shops were still up for re-downloading games and software. Genuinely thought they were completely offline by now as shut downs means shut down.

It's also important to remember those options are not guaranteed to be forever, especially when the DSi shop clearly says "for a limited time previous purchases can still be redownloaded." Keyword is limited, so there's no telling how long it will last.

This is why I always say backup your downloads, at least on DSi, Wii, Wii U, the function is there for a reason, albeit games will only work on the system they're downloaded to.

Edited on by Sunsy

MarioVillager92

@Sunsy I just remembered, I had a bunch of Mario plushes when I was younger too! Those came out while the Nintendo 64 was around. I still have that big Mario plush that would say "It's-a me, Mario!" when pressing his glove. I had a big Yoshi plush that would make his old voice too. Those PJs you had sound cool, as well as everything else you've mentioned. Yeah, I can't blame you, I'd do the same thing with that Yoshi shirt!

Yeah, I like how Tiana's super into cooking as well. Yeah, that was a sad scene for sure. Ray did get to be with Evangeline in the end, which was really nice to see!

Glad you had a good Valentine's Day. I celebrated with my mom as well, we gave each other gifts and treats. More specifically cupcakes, brownies, and even tea. The gifts were also Disney-themed, and I happened to see that movie with my mom as well. Fun fact, my mom also loves cooking! We made fettuccine that same day, too.

That's a good early memory of yours. Still remember renting those Sonic SatAM tapes over at Hollywood Video long ago.

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

Zuljaras

@MarioLover92 Mulan has the best song in all Disney movies (for me) "I'll make a man out of you".

Notable mentions:

1. Moana/Vaiana - "How Far I'll Go", "You are welcome", "Shiny"
2. Hunchback of Notre Dame - "Bells of Notre Dame", "Hellfire"
3. Aladdin - "Arabian Nights", "Friend Like Me"
4. Frozen - "Let it go" (ofc! )
5. Tarzan - "Son of Man"
6. Hercules - "Go the Distance"
7. Beauty and the Beast - "Gaston", "The mob song"

Eel

We don’t talk about Bruno from Encanto is pretty good too.

I also quite like how a few of the songs from that movie sound without the lyrics. It's like completely different music.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Sunsy

@MarioLover92 I think my brother had that plushie, I remember we had one that talked. Yeah, if I remember correctly, the shirt had a small N64 logo on front, but Yoshi in his kart holding a checkered flag on back. I wanted a Yoshi shirt, so young me at the time wore it backwards. I do have a proper Yoshi shirt nowadays.

Yeah. Also the shadow man was a really good villain. Loved how things worked out with Naveen and Tiana after that rocky start when they met as frogs.

That sounds like a really nice themed Valentine's Day. Pasta to top it off too. Anything cool Disney themed? The Poppy doll mom gave me has Poppy in her rock style from this scene in the movie, I like how it looks.

Untitled

Funny really, never played with dolls as a kid, yet I don't mind collecting some based off my favorite characters and movies. I also have a Frozen II set in box that has Anna and Olaf.

Yeah, I remember getting candy before that, mostly the hearts. Mom always knew I didn't eat candy much so I always got something character related that's small instead. Last time I got candy on Valentine's day was a Peach and Mario tin a few years ago, and I didn't eat the candy, I just liked it for the tin, lol. I have it somewhere.

@Zuljaras I only saw Mulan once and that song and movie is great. Other favorites of mine, When You Wish Upon A Star (Pinocchio, my favorite Disney movie), Let It Go (Frozen), Lost in the Woods (Frozen II, loved how they went power ballad on this one), A Whole New World (Aladdin), Beauty and the Beast (Beauty and the Beast, I mean the song), and Part of Your World and Under the Sea (The Little Mermaid).

Zuljaras

@Sunsy Some good songs there. I never saw Pinocchio because after Cinderella (the original one from 1950) I decided to never watch another old Disney movie from that era. It was probably the most boring movie I have ever seen. It was slow (like I was watching it in slow motion) and the animation was crap.

For me the golden era of Disney movies were the 90s.

Oh btw I watched the first Trolls movie and it was fun I was expecting it to be bad, because reasons , but actually it was really nice, thoughtful and enjoyable

Fizza

@Sunsy I saw the first Trolls movie when it first came out in cinemas on a school trip. I may have some gripes with the new Troll designs (I really like those classic gremlins) but I still think it's a very good movie (the songs especially are great). Haven't been able to see the sequel though, is it on Netflix by chance?

Currently MIA for exams; see you all in a bit! o7
Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: YT1-0Q2-YFF
Please ask for permission before using my FC!
Currently Playing: Yoshi's Story (N64)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3505-5480-3330 | Twitter:

Sunsy

@Zuljaras Alrighty, that's understandable, I think a lot of us grew up with the Disney movies from the 90's.

Glad to hear you liked the first Trolls movie.

@Fizza Hehe, that's fine. Actually, the classic Trolls have become a bit of a running gag in the series, both holiday specials did this. Glad you like it and I agree, the soundtrack is home to some of my favorite feel good songs. I live in the US, as far as I know, the sequel is on Peacock and Hulu here. Don't know about elsewhere.

Anti-Matter

Since I like Eurobeat songs, I like to play DDR Disney Mix long time ago on PS1. All the Disney songs in Super Eurobeat style.
Here are some my favorites.

Mickey Mouse March (Eurobeat version)

Mickey Mouse March (Summertime Extended Mix)

Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious

@Sunsy
If you like Disney songs, I can recommend you Disney Eurobeat songs that have been featured on DDR Disney Mix PS1. Some Disney songs sounds way much better in Eurobeat version.

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic