Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 58,441 to 58,460 of 60,943

Sunsy

@Ryu_Niiyama Said diagrams were what I looked at in the manuals, yes they did name the positions. I remember two of them being right (most I played used this) and left. I just can't remember what the third option is called and sadly I don't have a manual to even check it. All I remember is the third option was used in Pokemon Stadium.

Edited on by Sunsy

Sunsy

Ryu_Niiyama

@Sunsy yes! Vindication! Ok I will look through my old manuals later for the names. I feel like it was right, left and home. But I think I am wrong.
Edit: home sounds right… ugh where are my manuals?!

Edited on by Ryu_Niiyama

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

1UP_MARIO

Ryu_Niiyama wrote:

I never understood the N64 controller complaint. There were three ways to hold it and Nintendo issued a diagram. I might be remembering wrong but I thought Nintendo named the positions as well.

This is correct.

We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.

VoidofLight

I need to somehow get my mind off Legends Arceus, since it’s actively making time crawl slower for me.

Currently Playing: Persona 3 Portable and Pokemon White 2!

Snatcher

@VoidofLight Then watch this funny video I found! (F bomb warning, its pretty mild as they don't say the whole word)

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside.

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

VoidofLight

Thanks, I will give it a watch soon! @Snatcher

TheJGG

I've had four COVID scares since I got back from a holiday with absolutely none. First with an upperclassman, then last week a family friend, then my sister, then my teacher, not to mention a bunch of other people. Can't wait to get the vaccine booster so I can have the capacity to relax.

Xenoblade Novel

Currently playing?
Gran Turismo 7 (PS5)
Nintendo Switch Sports
Metroid: Dread
Breath of the Wild (NS)
LEGO Star Wars (NS)

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114 | My Nintendo: TheJGG | Twitter:

Snatcher

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside.

Snatcher

Why do I look at whats trending on twitter, M&M's, yep, just look that up and you will see why.

VoidofLight

I have my twitter region set to Japan, so I see only Japanese news, and not American. I can barely read Japanese in the first place, so it doesn't bother me as much as American news. It kinda does the same to hashtags as well.

Edited on by VoidofLight

MarioLover92

@Sunsy Yeah no problem. I didn't have any trouble holding the N64 controller itself either, even when I was a child. I literally did the same thing, I would look at the manual or one of those operation cards that showed off the controls.

@NintendoByNature I got my N64 for Christmas when I was 5, and absolutely loved it. Mario Kart 64 was the first one I played, the courses looked amazing at the time too. I'd get Super Mario 64 later on, which was also a blast. I remember renting the heck out of Banjo-Kazooie, as well, I wouldn't own it until much later. I actually 100%'d the game a bit more than a couple years ago.

Nintendo Life's self-proclaimed #1 Mario fan!

SMM2 ID: V1J-NRF-PWG
ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioFan92 | Twitter:

Sunsy

@Ryu_Niiyama Thank you, the word home sounds familiar now. I was thinking central or center for some reason, but home is sounding familiar to the way the controller was held with Pokemon Stadium.

@MarioLover92 I remember those cards, I think I got one with Diddy Kong Racing and Yoshi's Story (that reminds me, Yoshi's Story manual looked like a book, I remember it was different than usual N64 manuals). They were useful for quick controller reference.

Sunsy

NintendoByNature

@MarioLover92 I rented banjo a couple times as a kid and it never grabbed me it like Mario 64 did. Having said that about banjo, it's the one game that has me wanting to sub to the expansion pak since I haven't played it in nearly 25 years. I want to give it a fair shake all this time later. I just honestly don't want to spend that kind of cash on a sub personally. But I completely understand the people who want to. I pretty much have all the 64 games I'd want to play so there's not much value there for me. Yes, I want that NSO online n64 controller too, but dont feel like spending on it either.

Edited on by NintendoByNature

NintendoByNature

MarioLover92

@Sunsy Oh I remember the Yoshi's Story one, specifically its front cover which kind of makes it look like a picture book. I think that was the same cover that was used for the Japanese version. Weren't there those spiral rings in the center when you opened it? I vaguely recall that but my memory may be off. I no longer have it around.

@NintendoByNature Oh yeah I can't blame you for being on the fence about this, I really don't want to spend that much for the expansion pack content. It's cool that N64 games are on the Switch to begin with, but yeah...I think it's too expensive for what it actually is. If only they'd let me pick and choose what I want from the expansion pack, that would have been way easier on my wallet.

Nintendo Life's self-proclaimed #1 Mario fan!

SMM2 ID: V1J-NRF-PWG
ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioFan92 | Twitter:

Tyranexx

(Forgive any errors. This post was stitched together over the span of about 24 hours)

I approve of the forum housekeeping. As much as it pains me to admit it, the 3DS and Wii U sections sorely needed consolidated.

I finally managed to play more XC2 yesterday evening. I didn't manage to game much between my last update and this one. Since I've tagged all the relevant parties:

• Chapter 6 started off with a bang. Many cutscenes as nations debated. Uraya is understandably PO'ed, whereas Mor Ardain is understandably bewildered. Some of the commentary here was pretty interesting. I feel like I should be reading more into Mythra and the praetor's exchange....
  • Supposedly, I'm off to Tantal next. Which means a new Titan! And Zeke and Pandoria are coming along. Seems as though he's not on the best terms with the ruler of his country....
  • ...Or I was, until Mórag shows up with news of a possible assassination attempt at the summit. I picked up that quest just before ending my session. I messed around a bit with some exploring and a side quest or two, but that's pretty much where I"m at RN.

@tekoii Well, luckily for me I wasn't running on fumes just yet! XD The glitching was definitely a bit freaky and certainly (In typical JRPG fashion) is hinting at something! There have been some really great moments in this game so far, and I suspect there are many more to come. As with other series titles, the cinematics are definitely top notch IMO.

@MarioLover92 Naruto used to be very popular! I admit I never was able to get into the series, though my impressions are purely from the anime. Watching it either subbed or dubbed didn't really keep my interest. Naruto's VAs annoyed me, and I wasn't very invested in that universe. As for the Pokemon manga, I was never really exposed to it other than a sample volume in my childhood dentist's office of all places. I think it was one of the earlier volumes with Red, Blue, and Green and recall being very confused since it didn't feature Ash and his Pikachu.

I'll have to check out that The Big Lebowski trailer.

@BruceCM Yep! So I suspect I'm halfway through the game (or close to it). I've been doing some of the side content, but definitely not all of it. I know the game is a long enough haul without playing it in a completionist mindset lol.

@Ryu_Niiyama More positives to all that craziness then: a physical and mental reset. Those are rare for me too, but they're such a big help. Enjoy!

@TheJGG First and foremost, happy late birthday! Sounds like you received some pretty decent games - I own but need to get to Skyrim - but conversely I'd trade Covid Testing back in if you can. I do hope everyone gets through it with no difficulty.

Back at ya with the points:

• I don't know what it is with the tracks that play in machine-themed areas in the XC series, but something just feels so right to me when I hear many of them. Cliffs of Morytha/Old Factory is one that's cycled through my YT playlist quite a bit. Patroka seems pretty meh so far, whereas Mikhail seems like a half-arsed Casanova.
  • Leftheria is a pretty large area and quite beautiful overall. Though I think the area was large in part just to inflate chapter 5 lol. I actually explored both paths, though I admit tyrants down the more difficult one had an uncanny ability to sneak up on my party, then somehow half the normal monsters in the area would join even if I cleared the closer ones out beforehand....
  • That was indeed a great moment with Mórag; the language caught me off guard for a brief moment. XD I imagine if she had a less cool demeanor, that senator would've been black and blue before she left the room. Jin unmasking was another great scene. Heck, that fight was pretty fun in general. With what little I've played so far, he seems like quite a tragic character in his own way. As for the Torna DLC, I generally know what it's about, but I went with recommendations and decided to work my way through the base game first.

Edited on by Tyranexx

Currently playing: Professor Layton and the Azran Legacy, XC2: Torna - The Golden Country

Feel free to send me a Switch friend request, but please tell me first. Otherwise, I probably won't accept.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3478-2466-4791

Sunsy

@MarioLover92 Yup, and it was made out of regular paper too, instead of the glossy kind manuals tend to use too. Just checked the manual as the Wii U VC version of Yoshi's Story has the original manual. No fake printed ring binding. However I do remember Pokemon's manual had a fake ring binding, with a fake leather cover, and certain notes Oak placed with a fake printed paper clip.

Special manuals were really fun to have and look at.

Edited on by Sunsy

Sunsy

Zuljaras

Finally we got our first snow for this winter!

Untitled

https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2022/05/random-doom-fan-has-a-novel-way-to-display-a-destroyed-switch-cartridge

BruceCM

Heh, can hardly wait for your next update, then, @Tyranexx .... It's all happening now!

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

TheJGG

We got a 4K television... playing Switch games has never been better. Smooth as butter, even for high performance games like Breath of the Wild. Almost like they're emulated on a high end PC.

Xenoblade Novel

Currently playing?
Gran Turismo 7 (PS5)
Nintendo Switch Sports
Metroid: Dread
Breath of the Wild (NS)
LEGO Star Wars (NS)

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114 | My Nintendo: TheJGG | Twitter:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic