Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 58,421 to 58,440 of 60,960

Snatcher

@VoidofLight Idk why they put a stick in the middle of the controller LOL.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside.

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Snatcher

Eel wrote:

It was clearly made for eels

And there you go, Glade to know that case was solved, why do I hear X files music?

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside.

NintendoByNature

It's actually one of my favorite designs believe it or not. Then again...nostalgia

NintendoByNature

MarioLover92

@TheJGG I hope you had a happy birthday otherwise, and glad to hear that you're a-ok so far. Enjoy your games and take care out there.

@Sunsy I had Mario Kart 7 since the day it came out. Yeah, I thought it was pretty cool that Wuhu Island made an appearance in that game...even though Maka Wuhu was busted with that one glitch that makes you skip a big part of the course. I remember there was one other player online, they would keep picking Maka Wuhu for that reason and that kind of annoyed me.

My mom loved Wii Fit Plus, I remember seeing her play that bike-riding mode. You could put your pets in the game too, we made in-game versions of our cats and they would follow mom riding her bike on occasion.

@Vortexeo Oh that's good they did that. I normally don't expect people like that either, but here we are, I guess. We don't need that kind of negativity during our daily lives, do we? Especially when we do productive things like school and work.

@VoidofLight @Snatcher Nintendo designed the N64 controller as it was because they were unsure that 3D games would catch on at the time. So they put the control stick right in the center. Most N64 games didn't even use the control pad, they just used the control stick and face buttons, as well as the Z button instead of the L button. Only a few games used the control pad instead of the stick, as far as I'm aware anyway, most notably Kirby 64 and Pokemon Puzzle League.

Nintendo Life's self-proclaimed #1 Mario fan!

SMM2 ID: V1J-NRF-PWG
ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioFan92 | Twitter:

Snatcher

@MarioLover92 that makes way more sense, thanks.

Sunsy

Awesome, beat Captain Toad tonight. Should have bought this years ago on Wii U. Going to wait until I can get a physical copy of it, but had a lot of fun. Unlocked Episode 2, glad there's more to play. Was this on the Wii U original too?

@Fizza Cool, I remember watching the original Kanto anime. Got back into Pokemon in 2016 when Blue came to 3DS and got Pokken Tournament on Wii U, and as a result, I got into the X and Y anime. That reminds me, I still have a copy of Pokemon X I need to play.

@MarioLover92 I had no idea Maka Wuhu had a glitch/exploit. I can't blame you, people who use exploits in online games can be annoying. Experienced it in some older PC games.

Holy cow, I remember the pet feature. I think I did one of our dogs at the time. I always liked biking around the island. I would spot those 8-bit Mario markings parts of the island.

Sunsy

Eel

Don't you hate when you try using some new feature or configuration on a device and end up not liking it, but then when you turn it off/revert you instinctively keep trying to use it anyway?

Sigh

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Snatcher

@Sunsy I'm probably going to beat it half way, I was never really interested in the game, Its by no means a bad game at all, just not my cup of tea.

MarioLover92

@NintendoByNature I have a soft spot for the N64 controller too. I just wish its control stick was more comfortable and durable. I love how it came in many different colors, I honestly miss those days. If only the Switch pro controller had that many color options!

@Snatcher Yeah no problem!

@Sunsy I didn't know that was a thing, lol. It's cool seeing those easter eggs that Nintendo likes to put in their games. About that spoiler tag, yes, that was in the original Wii U version.

Nintendo Life's self-proclaimed #1 Mario fan!

SMM2 ID: V1J-NRF-PWG
ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioFan92 | Twitter:

Sunsy

@Snatcher That's fine. Of the trials I've tried via NSO, I've had fun with this one the most.

@MarioLover92 Yeah, they were just there scattered throughout the island. The Mario wiki mentions it. Always liked trying to spot them.

Thanks, looks like I have more to look forward to whenever I pick up Captain Toad.

Sunsy

TommyTendo

I always got so annoyed when non-Nintendo players would play the Nintendo 64. They had no idea how to hold the controller. lol

TommyTendo

VoidofLight

I play Nintendo, and I’m not sure I ever want to hold an n64 controller. Seems unlucky.

Currently Playing: Persona 3 Portable and Pokemon White 2!

Zuljaras

I actually find the N64 controller very comfortable for FPS games. I bought Quake for the N64 and it is almost like a modern controller for me.

I use the d-pad for movement and the stick for looking. The back button is for shooting and the L button for jumping.

The problem is when there are games that do now allow for controller remap or they have this dumb inverted look for the camera. I can't stand inverted controls

https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2022/05/random-doom-fan-has-a-novel-way-to-display-a-destroyed-switch-cartridge

Fizza

Me playing N64 games on Switch with Joy Cons like an absolute cretin:
Untitled

Currently Playing: Pokemon Legends Arceus/Shield
Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards
Splatoon 2
Balloon Fight/Donkey Kong Country
Currently performing a summoning circle for a 2nd Ace Attorney Trilogy
446/488 in Brilliant Diamond Nat Dex
PLA Shinies: 85

NintendoByNature

@MarioLover92 yea for sure. I guess I just didn't know any better back then. The whole experience was revolutionary for me. I still remember the first time I played an N64 when a friend rented one from the video store. The whole block of kids I hung out with all gathered at the neighbors house to play. We were all in shock lol.

NintendoByNature

Sunsy

Call me weird, I never had trouble holding the N64 controller. I would quickly peak at the manual and just figure out how the controller is held. For most of the part, it was the "right" position, left hand on thumb stick and right hand on A, B, and C buttons. I rarely came across games that used the "left" option, and Pokemon Stadium 1 and 2 were the only ones I had that used the "D-Pad and buttons" layout.

Sunsy

Zuljaras

Finally done with Nathan Graves mini figure from Castlevania Circle of the Moon!

Untitled

I really like the usage of silver and gold paints. They make for some really nice details!

https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2022/05/random-doom-fan-has-a-novel-way-to-display-a-destroyed-switch-cartridge

Ryu_Niiyama

I never understood the N64 controller complaint. There were three ways to hold it and Nintendo issued a diagram. I might be remembering wrong but I thought Nintendo named the positions as well.

Edited on by Ryu_Niiyama

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic