Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 58,421 to 58,440 of 96,530

roy130390

@Sunsy Sorry for the late reply! I don't watch much stuff about Sonic either, but I really enjoyed that video haha. I do enjoy the Sonic games though. I'm not as passionate about them like many but I do have fond memories of Sonic Adventure 2. I even enjoyed Sonic Forces when I got it for free with PS plus.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3916-4876-1970

tekoii

@Vortexeo Erp. I was at class, couldn't do a live reaction but I did do a reaction stream after classes on my youtube. But goodness, what a direct. We got lots of great games comin our way. Some I'm super stoked for are Klonoa, Kirby, and XC3. LiveALive looks pretty rad also.. Chrono Cross remaster is cool but when I saw a ship and the moon... I thought it was Skies of Arcadia Legends and I was like hyper-ventilating for a sec lol. We seriously need a remake of that game. Ever play it? I feel like the direct was awesome had a lot of value but I was hoping for something on a 3D Mario or a 3D Donkey Kong. I hope that with how utterly AMAZING the new Kirby looks that the sales numbers push Nintendo to "evolve" Donkey Kong into 3d. All in all though, SICK direct. We got Xenoblade Chronicles 3 <3

@TheJGG Thanks for stoppin by on me reacts XC3 is still surreal to me. It's literally crazy that it's coming so soon... this SEPT! Us Xenobladers are eatting well here! Oh but yea, dude you gotta play Skies of Arcadia Legends <3 SOOO good. I wish we would get a remake </3.

@Sunsy LOL nice an Amy Mod. It's always nice to be able to play the character u'd like to, thanks mods!! I remember one which was pretty cool.. one with Sonic in Mario64ds or something methinks. It's already been forever since my last stream of SA:DX. So busy since school started, and with my brother gifting me Legends Arceus.. I think I'm just gonna focus on that for a bit.. really a lot of fun so far. Never realized the freedom that you feel when you're able to just walk around and throw pokeballs to catch pokemon or to start battles. Do you like Pokemon games??

@Tyranexx Oh man, I'm betting your glad you're playing thru XC2 right now, huh? LOL. I am indescribably body ready for Xenoblade Chronicles 3. I know you did tag me a bunch with your playthrough and thanks ! YES! This has to be my favorite part of the game. Pyra/Mythra's true form was a shocker for me cause of the fact that the blade disintegrated in Spirit Crucible Elpys. Their matching armor looks absolutely sick. Land of Morytha is also such a unique and interesting place. I love the sudden shift because it all the more hits you with surprise. I mean there has been elements of sci-fi strewn about, but this is the moment it really shows. Yup, me too. The tutorials in this game are terrible. Also, the menu design feels very slow, clunky, and cluttered; though I do like the Titans in the background of the menus lol. And LOL! What a way to interpret that XD. Addam is actually a pretty cool character though, he get's more of a spotlight in XC2 Torna along with Lora. I quite like both of them, but then again I like almost every character in XC2 so erm thats biased. But hoo boy, enjoy the rest of this masterpiece!

@MarioLover92 Dude you and me both.. There is so much they can do with an Odyssey 2 and I feel like the time is ripe for it too cause it has been a while since 1. X4 has err.. 32bit graphics, right? I'm a sucker sometimes for awesome pixel art! At some point, I'd be dope to play the X collections or ZX collection on my channel. I just need more Megaman playing in me life ^^!

@Zuljaras YAY! More SONIC! Dude.. also, sick Castlevania sketch! I been experimenting with procreate more and more. It's been pretty fun getting back into art a bit, though I still want to improve. Ehh.. the good part is, now that I have it I can always sit down and draw

Errr.... been drawing a bit more got stuff on my DA if yall wanna see. I got a few videos on YT also.
Check this out my Xeno-brethren!!!

XENOBLADE 3 HYPEEE!!! 🗡️🐋

Also.. classes have been interesting. I'm enjoying calculus and discrete math, but I still need a bit more time to adjust.

Edited on by tekoii

🍄 MK8D ▶️ Youtube 🎨 DeviantArt

MarioVillager92

I finally finished it! Love how it all turned out, and it's especially impressive how all the areas fit right inside the ? block.

@Tyranexx Me too! Best of luck once you come back to the set. I just finished mine and as I've shown above, the end result's fantastic. It's been a fun build, the only really hard part for me was the first set of rubber bands (for inside the ? block), as you may remember. Oh yeah, attaching Bob-omb Battlefield and Cool, Cool Mountain was pretty hard too, I thought I was gonna screw up the latter when one side plugged in, but the other didn't. But it's all good.

Yeah, it was an interesting tale indeed. The 2011 remaster of Sonic CD on Steam actually has both soundtracks, it defaults to the Japanese soundtrack, and you can switch to the US one in the main menu.

Yeah absolutely - though I did have some trouble with lining up enemies when I got far enough into the game. You do at least get infinite normal attacks, and even though the more powerful boots and hammers break over time, they do last quite a while.

@Sunsy Yeah totally, it's kind of like getting Mario Kart Tour on Switch, without the touch screen controls and all the gacha elements. Which is how it should be. Would've been cool to have all those alternate costumes for all the characters as well though, whether they come with the DLC itself or by unlocking them by playing the new cups. Unless they're gonna announce them next month or so. Yeah, I'm not a big mobile gamer. I don't have a single game downloaded on my phone either, lol. Though, it's partly because there's only so much space my phone can provide.

Oh ok, so it's still around, that's cool. Cool to see you've worn your Frozen shirt on your way to see its sequel.

@tekoii Agreed, they're having stuff like Splatoon 3, BotW 2, and now DLC for MK8D. I'd be a bit surprised if they're not gonna do an SMO sequel. Yep, Mega Man X4 has 32-bit graphics - it came out on the PlayStation and Sega Saturn. X4's pixel art looks amazing as well!

Edited on by MarioVillager92

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

tekoii

@MarioLover92 It's great, I feel like right now.. there's a little bit coming out for everyone. It also helps that a lot of the games coming out are just straight up bangers. Kirby + XC3 is me all the way, but we still got stuff in the works like yea, BOTW2, and Metroid Prime 4 (the trilogy or otherwise also). Then there's all the stuff that's just been released SMTV, Arceus, Dread. I been just on the Arceus while I'm getting heavy with classes and all.

🍄 MK8D ▶️ Youtube 🎨 DeviantArt

MarioVillager92

@tekoii Yeah I agree, I'm excited for Kirby and XC3 as well. Mario Kart's DLC is of course, the one I'm most excited for! Loved Metroid Dread as well. How are you liking Arceus? I may get it sometime this year. Oh and best of luck with your classes.

@Zuljaras Those are some nice pics of Sonic, I especially liked the one where he's eating a piece of an apple.

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

BruceCM

Nice, @MarioLover92 .... Has it got somewhere to be around for you to admire?

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

BruceCM

Oh, then tell him I don't like his photos, @Zuljaras ....

SW-4357-9287-0699

BruceCM

Lol, he's just an angry hissing little thing, then, @Zuljaras .... He definitely needs to get in some training, though!

SW-4357-9287-0699

jedgamesguy

Tyranexx wrote:

@TheJGG Heh, I might have agreed with your Chrono Cross impressions before writing that paragraph! I know you're joking. I lifted the bullet points, with some editing, from a comment I left under the roundup article. It was certainly a Mega Direct! I wouldn't list it as my absolute favorite, but I'd say it enters my top ten! I'll probably go with the standard edition with most of the games I do buy out of the bunch, but I'd certainly consider pre-ordering a special edition of XC3 if I like what's on offer (and if it doesn't sell out in 2 seconds).

I remember getting massively caught out by Xenoblade DE's collector's edition being sold out. I had to settle for a b/w Bionis poster and a tiny Monado keychain, but this time I'll put in more effort to get it this time around. I don't do collector's editions for many games, nor steelbooks, but I'll happily take them for a series I love.

I actually went back to XC2 for a bit, to catch up. Man that game hasn't aged well. The graphics and UI are so messy. It's almost like the game was rushed a bit near the end. I'll replay both... eventually. But I'm worried I'm gonna be absolutely saturated with some amazing video games over the course of the next six months. I pre-ordered Gran Turismo 7 a few weeks ago, and that looks incredible, in non-racing-fan terms. Horizon: Forbidden West, I'll get at some point too. I've spent so much time over the last few weeks playing GT Sport that I feel very ready for 7.

Glad LIVE A LIVE also caught your eye. I'm all for a game like that, especially with voice acting and HD-2D.

WoomyNNYes wrote:

@TheJGG Speaking of tough times on Mario Kart. I can't even hang with some of my older times.🤣 My 150cc time on Toad Harbor is a couple years old, and I can't keep up. The start and first lap are hard to reproduce - it's like I was a true crazy person when I set that personal best.

I saw your Mario Circuit times. You used your mushroom to hit the glider ramp in the grass. I did the same thing for a while until I dicovered using the mushroom to gut through the grass at the last corner is the bigger time saver.

And, that Mario Circuit staff ghost is tough AF to beat, for 200cc. I think the trick was using the bike setup the staff ghost had, it takes turns really fast, and seems to get longer boost than most karts. I'm not good with those bikes, so, I struggled to use it well. I don't recall if I beat that ghost or not (I was trying to beat it last week).

Glad you can see my times at the very least. I don't have NSO, so I was worried that they wouldn't show, but let the game begin. I'm sure we'll have to carry this out for years, because of the upcoming tsunami of DLC Nintendo decided to add. 200cc is so fast, though, and I've found in racing games that I'm better in slower cars. Usually speaking, at least.

The issue I have also, is consistency. I can't drive on the limit for three laps, using the same exploits. Sometimes the stars align and I'll put in a good lap but otherwise it's like Russian Roulette.

@tekoii No problem. I had woken up from my post-Direct sleep, and saw you were on, and thought there was no harm in dropping in. Your energy is invigorating, breathing new life into the Direct for me. I was watching it at 1am, so obviously I couldn't make any kind of noise. It was not easy watching the XC3 trailer.

September at this point can't come sooner. But I've assembled an absolutely gargantuan backlog of games to tackle in the meantime. That means I can save money up for... more games. The vicious cycle of rebirth and destruction continues.

Currently playing:
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114

Sunsy

@roy130390 Nice to see someone else who enjoyed Forces. I got my copy when I got my Switch years ago (along with Splatoon and Super Mario Odyssesy). Same, not much on GameCube, but I have a lot of memories playing the Dreamcast original of Sonic Adventure 2. I remember being up late one summer night because of the Chao.

@tekoii Indeed. If you ever beat Sonic Adventure DX, one mod I can recommend is the one that restores the look of the Dreamcast original. I like this mod as it looks more faithful to the Dreamcast original, and adds new features like an optional changing time of day, and using higher DX models with the Dreamcast-style colors. That's cool, glad to hear you're having fun with Pokemon Legends Arceus

Yes, I do like the Pokemon games too. I fell out of the series after Emerald, but got back into it when Pokemon Blue came out on 3DS (I remember downloading it at midnight too), and got Pokken on Wii U. I also have Ultra Sun, and a still sealed up copy of Pokemon X I picked up a few years back (grabbed it because it was the last copy the store had.

@MarioLover92 Yeah, it's really cool to see some of it come to Switch in some form. Most of the mobile games I have are a couple of cartoon themed ones, and some of the Sega ones. The only paid ones I have are Sonic 1, Sonic CD, and Crazy Taxi (crazy, playing a Dreamcast favorite on the go!) but I paid to remove ads and to play them offline to have something to play on it while out. Surprisingly, I haven't played any of the Nintendo mobile games at all.

Definitely, wanted to wear it that day mom and I went to see the movie. We had a good time since Frozen is one of my favorite Disney movies.

Also, that Mario Lego set looks great!

The resident Trolls superfan! Saw Trolls Band Together via early access and absolutely loved it!

Snatcher

@Sunsy I really do wish they gave forces more time, if they didn't rush it to be made in under a year, it would have been waay more liked by fans and people, the sonic colors team didn't even work on the game, even tho they showed that in the trailer, boss fight that were promised never happened.

But other then that, I didn't hate my time with it, but it could have been so much better. 8/10

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

Sunsy

@Snatcher Understandable, while I like Forces, I did finish the game within one weekend. I think it was more or less referring to Sonic Team in general in the trailer. Kind of like how Turning Red's trailer mentions from the studio that brought you Inside Out and The Incredibles.

Glad you got some enjoyment out of it.

The resident Trolls superfan! Saw Trolls Band Together via early access and absolutely loved it!

Snatcher

@Sunsy Maybe.

I really did Enjoy it tho, sonic's stages were really fun to play, and the CAC you could make was fun as well. My only real problem was classic sonic, its clunky as I don't know what, in my opinion.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

MarioVillager92

@BruceCM Thanks! It's on the desk in my bedroom.

@Zuljaras Oh noes. He's not a fan of compliments, huh? lol

@Sunsy I did play a few of Nintendo's mobile games. Super Mario Run is probably their best one, at least with the main story mode. My mom loved Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp, that's actually how I got her into Animal Crossing. Glad to hear you and your mom enjoyed seeing Frozen II. Still remember seeing it in theaters a few years back!

Thanks! Really happy to see it all finished. A few parts were tricky but I persevered.

Tyranexx

Doing a reply all in this post, then I'll do the XC2 update separately. I've been playing in stops and starts. Partially due to this weekend being busier, but also because I'm wanting to wrap up Ori and the Will of the Wisps and the ? Block before I leave on a long weekend trip in a few days. I'm not taking my Switch, but I do plan to take my DS Lite along. It'll be the first time I'll fly after a short work conference in late 2019. Not sure how security will go in a post-COVID world

@Snatcher That sounds like they carried over one of my favorite thing from Color Splash: the characters and how they're written. I know they're constrained in the character department, but they were so great at giving the Toads personalities in that game! XD

@Sunsy I used to use a more traditional food thermometer with a dial, but it wasn't entirely accurate nor instant. I much prefer my digital one lol.

@BruceCM Sounds like there's a more gradual buildup then. Without throwing the player deep into the drink. I'm glad there's a demo that I'll (eventually) try out lol.

@Zuljaras I appreciate the adorable pictures of Fat Sonic! He's cute. ^...^

@tekoii No prob! I'll be tagging you again for an update shortly. Didn't wanna clog the reply post since a lot of plot has happened in XC2 since my last update. By the by, you might wanna fix those spoiler tags; it's just 'spoiler' within the brackets. I'm VERY glad I opted for XC2 for my winter game now! The XC3 announcement made the Direct for me, though there was plenty of other material I was interested in too.

I didn't figure the game would kill off Pyra/Mythra, but the combined form was indeed a nice surprise! I love that Rex gets to permanently keep the armor. I think that's why I like Land of Morytha so much: it brings the sci-fi aspects of the series in full force and is a definite tonal shift compared to the earlier parts of the game. Agreed on the menus, especially with how clunky they can be at times, somewhat redeemed by the Titans in the background. I intentionally don't know much about Torna: The Golden Country, but I do know it's set 500 years in the past and was hoping both Addam and Lora would feature heavily! Thanks! I'm enjoying my time with the game for the most part, though I think it's shaping itself up to be my least favorite Xenoblade. Don't get me wrong, it's still an amazing game, but the series in general sets a high bar.

@MarioLover92 Awesome! The end result is very fantastic, and I'll be sharing a few images once I'm finished! I'll probably upload them through PostImage since I don't use Twitter. I've finished Bobomb Battlefield but still need to do Cool Cool Mountain's details and the other finishing touches (bags 12 and 13). Busier weekend, but I should be finished in a couple days. I'm having a ton of fun with the build too, and I still concur with the rubber bands being the hardest of the bunch so far. Though attaching the battlefield, as you noted, wasn't so fun either...but not as difficult.

Duly noted on Origami King's battle system becoming trickier as the game progresses; I'd be disappointed if it didn't! Infinite normal attacks sound good. I love that the boots and hammer are still staples, especially now that I know those same items see use in the Mario & Luigi series.

@TheJGG Same here; I don't bother with collector's editions often unless it's a series I adore. Xenoblade now qualifies, along with The Legend of Zelda, Metroid, and Pokemon. I do hope the scalpers aren't as vicious across the pond. Unfortunately, special editions tend to go up when I'm at work, so I often miss out. Not sure about the Bionis poster, but I'd totally go for the keychain...though I know those are chump change compared to steelbooks (Which NoA unfortunately seems to dislike) and other cool offerings.

With XC2, I'm fine with the graphics overall, though I do admit that the game is MUCH better in docked mode. I wholeheartedly agree with the UI. That took some adaptation. There isn't much releasing this month that I want, but March and April are both filling up, then there's a lull in May/June where I don't really want much of anything as of this writing. Then there's Live A Live in July (Love the new trailer that dropped a couple days ago). I've heard the next few months are gonna be great for the other consoles, too. Which reminds me....I still need to get to the first two Ys games on Steam that I picked up a few months ago.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Tyranexx

Tagging @tekoii @BruceCM @Vortexeo @Snatcher and @TheJGG for a delayed XC2 update:

• Some Indoline Monks were sent to give Rex and Co. a message: to use the Aegis's power to take out Torna's warship. Our party didn't exactly comply, and they didn't like taking "No" for an answer. I had to send these guys packing.
  • Okay, now things are officially getting delightfully weird. Amalthus is a Blade Eater via Fan La Norne's core crystal; he can use his power to control both Blades AND Titans. He has a heck of a pull on all Blades and Flesh Eaters present and forces Pyra/Mythra to attack the Tornan Warship using the Artifice Siren. Rex, however, breaks free of Amalthus's control.
  • This guy still isn't done. He begins summoning the Titans as well, causing them to attack the World Tree with energy blasts. Specifically Mor Ardain (End Chapter 8, Begin 9), Genbu (Tantal), and Uraya. Mor Ardain can't afford to expend much more energy....
  • Mikhail sends Akhos and Patroka after Jin and Malos, then causes the warship to change into a Titan-sized robot that proceeds to whale on Indol. I feel kinda sorry for the Titan....
  • Rex comes up with a plan to shut down Amalthus's control over the Titans. Getting to a higher vantage point took awhile. Powerful monsters like ganging up with everything else in the area; an intruding Lexos was a HUGE pain for awhile, but I finally broke through.
  • Rex's plan using both Poppi and Mythra works. Amalthus isn't pleased and tries firing on Rex and Co. with Indol's Titan. But...Mikhail defends them, buying them time. Heck, he sacrifices himself!
  • Mikhail's backstory is interesting. Turns out he's a Blade Eater, one who knew Lora (Jin's Driver) back in the day. His background reveals that Amalthus cares nothing for the refugees Indol takes under its wing. At least in Mikhail's day, it appears some refugees were used in Blade Eater experiments....
  • My progress was thwarted, by all things, something that requires field skills I didn't quite have enough of. I did some side quests and raised my Merc rank while I worked on improving the Focus skills needed. Herein likes a complaint: So far, these were mostly optional for exploration and some side quests. I'm fine with that. However, I don't think these should be used to gate story progress....At least I finally unlocked the door and continued onto the next room before stopping.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Sunsy

@Snatcher I think the create a character feature added replay value to it. Trying to unlock outfit stuff for my avatar made me replay levels over and over.

@MarioLover92 Cool, I remember seeing Super Mario Run and Mario Kart Tour, I think there's a Fire Emblem one, funnily enough, I forget there's an Animal Crossing one. That's cool that's how your mom got into Animal Crossing.

You're welcome. I don't have too many Lego anything, but I do have some Lego Dimensions stuff, and I do have a nice Trolls set I got as a gift. It came with Poppy, had a swing set and the "Catterbus" from the movie series. Outside those, I haven't gotten Lego anything since I was a kid.

Edited on by Sunsy

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic