Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 58,401 to 58,420 of 60,958

TheJGG

@WoomyNNYes Luckily I got tested negative, but I'm still very wary. I'm not entirely convinced I've escaped it... but I'll take it for now. Thank you and @Eel for the wishes. I'm not concerned about any health risks for my sister, just the social implications of staying in a bedroom for a week straight. @VoidofLight Hope you and your family get better soon!

As for Skyrim though, IMO the game's too ugly for any violence to be genuinely disturbing. The beheading has a small spurt of blood but it's nothing to be worried about. I got it because I know how good the game is anyway, and it's not disappointed.

Xenoblade Novel

Currently playing?
Gran Turismo 7 (PS5)
Nintendo Switch Sports
Metroid: Dread
Breath of the Wild (NS)
LEGO Star Wars (NS)

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114 | My Nintendo: TheJGG | Twitter:

Zuljaras

Today I made progress for another mini figure. This this it is Nathan Graves from Castlevania Circle of the Moon! Only the painting needs to be done! This time I tried to make better details than with my Soma Cruz mini figure. I also made him smaller than Soma.

Untitled

https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2022/05/random-doom-fan-has-a-novel-way-to-display-a-destroyed-switch-cartridge

Fizza

@Zuljaras I must say, fantastic stuff on both figures! Will you be attemping all the protags from all the games, like Simon, Richter or Hector? I think John Morris or Eric Lecarde from Bloodlines could be interesting designs personally!

Currently Playing: Pokemon Legends Arceus/Shield
Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards
Splatoon 2
Balloon Fight/Donkey Kong Country
Currently performing a summoning circle for a 2nd Ace Attorney Trilogy
446/488 in Brilliant Diamond Nat Dex
PLA Shinies: 85

Zuljaras

@Fizza I think first I will be making the dioramas for both of those and then I will continue with the rest of the CV games.

I made Nathan because somehow I was not entirely happy with how Soma turned out. I mean from a little distance it looks ok like a sprite but when I look him very close like in the photos he looks weird

Also the nose in this picture looks very pointy while right now it is fixed to be more "human"

Edited on by Zuljaras

https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2022/05/random-doom-fan-has-a-novel-way-to-display-a-destroyed-switch-cartridge

Fizza

@Zuljaras I think the only thing that looks off about Soma is the face personally. The detail on the clothing and accessories is top notch as is!

Splatoon 2

Sunsy

MarioLover92 wrote:

@Sunsy Yeah, it is cool to see others still play games on consoles that are a generation earlier than the Switch. I was considering playing Mario Kart 7 online at one point, after so long. I still have my copy. It's not as good as MK8 of course, but it's still a solid game and it has some really good courses. Rainbow Road in particular is amazing.

Same, if remember, I bought Mario Kart 7 just to check out how online play was on the 3DS. Cool, I always liked they incorporated Wuhu Island in it. I remember racing through it and thought "wait, didn't I explore this while bicycling or exercising before?" Yeah, I have Wii Fit Plus, still have it with the board too. I think Super Monkey Ball Step & Roll ended up being my favorite way to play with the board, lol.

@Fizza Welcome back!

@TheJGG Happy belated birthday to you!

Sunsy

Fizza

@Sunsy Thanks! I'll probably be gone again after the 28th for obvious reasons but for right now: Untitled

Edited on by Fizza

Splatoon 2

Vortexeo

@Link-Hero @TheJGG @MarioLover92 Yeah it is pretty annoying...according to my supervisor, she complains about quite a bit of other things (not sure what though). Luckily they moved her to a different position so I don't have to work with her anymore and I'm hoping it stays that way. I still see her from time to time when I clock in but I usually just try to avoid conversation. I never expected to encounter someone like that ūüėÖ.

Ugh...I just want to play Xenoblade 3 :(

Switch Friend Code: SW-3720-5613-4522

WoomyNNYes

Hey, @Eel-ness. I meant to mention, around christmas, I noticed Amazon UK accepted orders from US with US money - when I was desperate for a Switch OLED, I looked on Amazon UK, out of curiosity. They totally converted the money for me, even with my US debit card. I just signed in with my regular sign in. I set up an order to see how far I could get, and it let me go all the way (not sexualūüėĀ). I'd maybe keep an eye out, in case US amazon starts allowing orders on some things from MX. ....you know, in case something is tough to find in your region again, like the N64 Switch controller was (I think that was the thing you had trouble finding in your region a 2-3 months ago?).

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Extreme bicycle rider (<=click for great video<3)
Rocket League liker
'Tendo liker

Eel

I believe I reached the point where I have accepted the N64 controller was simply not made for me.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

WoomyNNYes

@Eel Yeah, I just meant the option to by from US amazon might become an option for you in the future, on some products. I was just shocked Uk amazon accepted my US card and converted the money automatically to UK pounds.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Extreme bicycle rider (<=click for great video<3)
Rocket League liker
'Tendo liker

Eel

@WoomyNNYes Ah yeah, I've done that. Though when it comes to products that ship to Mexico, most of the time they're the exact same listings you can find in Amazon MX. So when I do buy from Amazon US, it's usually in preparation for a future trip to the US, to buy things that only ship there.

Bloop.

Sunsy

@Fizza Perfectly understandable given the day the game comes out. Enjoy the game when it comes! Beware of the leaks that seem to have happened.

Sunsy

Fizza

@Sunsy Trust me, I have been avoiding them like the plague. This is probably the most apt image I have for my mental state for the next week:
Untitled
Or for the even more apt version:
Untitled

Splatoon 2

Zuljaras

Eel wrote:

I believe I reached the point where I have accepted the N64 controller was simply not made for me.

You mean like shape or availability of the product?

Eel

It (the one made for the Nintendo Switch) was sold exclusively in a few select countries, none of which I live in. So my only option would be buying one at an inflated price from some random person online.

As much as I'd love to have one, I have more important things to spend my money on at the moment.

Bloop.

Zuljaras

@Eel I guess it is tough in Mexico for this kind of stuff? In my country the controller is not available at all. We do not have a Bulgarian representative of Nintendo here. Nintendo stuff is mostly imported from Greece or Romania.

It also weird since we do get the limited edition controllers like the Skyward Sword etc.

Sunsy

@Fizza I know the feeling all too well. Not having cable, and watching streaming only, I usually have to wait until the next day or week to watch a new episode of something.

Sunsy

Fizza

@Sunsy I would watch the Diamond and Pearl series endlessly growing up, ironically vastly preferring it to the series based on my first game, Black and White. It really felt like a culmination of everything beforehand: Ash getting what I consider his best, most diverse team, a wide variety of great side characters and Team Rocket's Pokemon goodbyes being just as hard hitting as the Advanced season. God I get nostalgic just thinking about it.

Splatoon 2

VoidofLight

@Eel I'm confused. Was the N64 controller even made for humans in the first place? The thing's joystick apparently injured people.

Currently Playing: Persona 3 Portable and Pokemon White 2!

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic