Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 58,381 to 58,400 of 60,960

Zuljaras

So I just finished making my first mini figure. It is Soma Cruz, the protagonist from Castlevania Aria of Sorrow. It is for my upcoming Castlevania diorama

It is damn hard to make figures in such small scale :/

Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2022/05/random-doom-fan-has-a-novel-way-to-display-a-destroyed-switch-cartridge

BruceCM

Why's he got metal sticks coming out of his feet, @Zuljaras ....? I'm sure he'll look great when he's in place, though!

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

Zuljaras

@BruceCM That is the armature of the whole figure I am preparing a video of how he was done from start to finish

https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2022/05/random-doom-fan-has-a-novel-way-to-display-a-destroyed-switch-cartridge

Ryu_Niiyama

@Tyranexx Thank you! It’s been a mess over at the old company. Meanwhile I have gotten a lot of much needed rest and went home to visit my family.

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

Vortexeo

NeonPizza wrote:

@TheJGG
What's even worse than friends(or just anybody in general for that matter) who don't play videogames have no problem telling you to your face that they're a waste of time fully knowing that it's something that THAT other person is passionate about and something he or she enjoys as one of their hobbies. I for one wouldn't have it in me to trash somebody else's hobby(s).

It's baffling though, because video games, like Movies, watching sports, comedies shows, TV, music etc are all forms of entertainment that are meant to be enjoyed. But for some reason all of the above with the exception of videogames always get a free pass. Videogames still have that stigma attached to them. Nowhere near as badly as before, but it's still a thing unfortunately which is why i always feel like i have to keep it on the downlow half the time, depending on who i'm around.

I know you weren't talking to me so I apologize for barging in but omg I hate this so much lol.

There was this new lady at work and she was trying to start up a conversation with me. I didn't really want to talk to her because I was so wrapped up in my work at the moment but I didn't want to be rude. At one point in the conversation, she asked me "What do you do for fun? Do you play video games?" I told her that I love them but I only usually get the chance to play video games late at night because I do school in the mornings and I come into work afterward (I don't get home from work until 10 pm).

Telling her this was such a mistake. See, at my job, they have this "seniority rule". For example, if they want to send someone home early because there isn't a lot of work that day, they start by asking whoever has worked there the longest first. I always thought this rule was fair because it was like a reward for staying loyal to the company. Since I worked at my current job for a few years now, I tend to be one of the first people they ask. My supervisor will ask me occasionally if I'd like to go home early (sometimes it's only a half-hour early) and this new lady makes such a big fuss about it whenever they ask me. She complains about how I shouldn't be allowed to leave early because I'll just go home and play video games while she has more important stuff to do. (I feel like she doesn't realize that even if I said I wanted to stay they'd just ask whoever is next on the seniority list; since she's a new employee she's all the way at the bottom.)

It bothers me because it feels like she's trying to use the TINY bit of information I gave about myself to paint me as a lazy person. I only told her I play video games for fun and that was only because she asked me. Whenever she talks to me now she speaks to me in a pretty condescending tone. When I show up to work she'll ask me things like "so did you stay up till 5 in the morning playing video games again?" It's REALLY annoying; I didn't even want to talk to her in the first place. I just did so because she was new and I didn't want to be rude.

Anyway, sorry for venting, I just wanted to get that off my chest lol

Edited on by Vortexeo

Ugh...I just want to play Xenoblade 3 :(

Switch Friend Code: SW-3720-5613-4522

TheJGG

Today’s my birthday.

My sister got COVID.

I may have COVID.

Life rules.

Xenoblade Novel

Currently playing?
Gran Turismo 7 (PS5)
Nintendo Switch Sports
Metroid: Dread
Breath of the Wild (NS)
LEGO Star Wars (NS)

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114 | My Nintendo: TheJGG | Twitter:

Vortexeo

@TheJGG Noooooooo, dang sorry to hear that bro. I hope you guys feel better soon! That really sucks :/

Ugh...I just want to play Xenoblade 3 :(

Switch Friend Code: SW-3720-5613-4522

MarioLover92

@Vortexeo Jeez. That's real nosy of her. Why does she care? Are you gonna tell that to your boss or something? Hopefully they'll be cool about it.

@TheJGG Oh no...really sorry to hear that. I hope the two of you get better real soon.

Nintendo Life's self-proclaimed #1 Mario fan!

SMM2 ID: V1J-NRF-PWG
ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioFan92 | Twitter:

TheJGG

Positive testing
Whispers of despair pervade
An empty stone house

@Vortexeo
Eh, stuff happens, does it not?
We move without cease.

Edited on by TheJGG

Xenoblade Novel

Currently playing?
Gran Turismo 7 (PS5)
Nintendo Switch Sports
Breath of the Wild (NS)
LEGO Star Wars (NS)

Fizza

So uh... I guess I'm back? I was planning on going away for a lot longer than this but apparently the world had different plans, what with all of the news lately. So, at least until the week before PLA comes out, I'm back!
Mind you, it wasn't wasted time. I got sooooo much more stuff done on my Brilliant Diamond Pokedex, including 370 Pokemon seen and 305 caught (the highlight so far of which being somehow evolving Tyrogue into Hitmontop when I wasn't even trying to which was hilarious) and getting a bit more deep into some Mega Drive games like Mean Bean Machine, Gunstar Heroes and Dynamite Heady.

Currently Playing: Pokemon Legends Arceus/Shield
Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards
Splatoon 2
Balloon Fight/Donkey Kong Country
Currently performing a summoning circle for a 2nd Ace Attorney Trilogy
446/488 in Brilliant Diamond Nat Dex
PLA Shinies: 85

Zuljaras

@TheJGG Happy birthday! Do not be upset Covid will pass and after that it will be a smooth ride!

Link-Hero

@MarioLover92
It wouldn't be too bad if they brought it up that he had these feelings before the final cutscene, but they didn't. He only says it out of nowhere in this scene just so they could add to the game's "dark and edgy" story. Making light of mental illness is never ok no matter what media it's in.

@Vortexeo
She sounds like someone that doesn't think very highly of people with gaming hobbies and is superior to you just because she doesn't game. Probably one of those people that still believe in the dying stereotype of the single basement dwelling geek.

Or she's simply just an entitled parent that is jealous that you can game in your free time. I've read too many stories of parents hating someone just because the other person can do something that they can't anymore.

Edited on by Link-Hero

Link-Hero

Switch Friend Code: SW-3097-0477-1999 | Nintendo Network ID: LinkHero25

Snatcher

@TheJGG Don't worry man, It will pass! I wish you two my best. also, happy birthday! Your an amazing person, and an amazing person deserves an amazing Happy birthday surprise.........Surprise, I er, don't have one ):

Edited on by Snatcher

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside.

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

TheJGG

Not the best day but I have a lot to look forward to now. I got Skyrim for Switch, and two PS4 games: Mass Effect: Legendary Edition, and Cyberpunk 2077 for PS5, and surprisingly the game runs pretty well. I really like the game judging off of the first hour; the player customisation's pretty detailed, the graphics are quite nice (a handful of technical hiccups but nothing near launch state), and the dialogue trees and writing's interesting enough. I imagine a lot of stuff was promised and undelivered in the end but that doesn't condemn the game to an eternal fiery hell... yet. Skyrim works well too. Obviously the graphics are noticeably bad but it feels like a really ugly game that would come out this year. It has a huge world, decent music (so far), and lots of voice acting.

@Tyranexx Crazy week indeed. The weekend was relatively calm but exploded into life as soon as we became obliged to leave the house. Not the best birthday as I mentioned but… it happens. It’s fitting I had to celebrate getting a swab put down my throat… two times. I’ll address your XC2 commentary point by point since you wrote many posts.

• Yeah that area has some decent music. They do reuse the Cliffs of Morytha track for this area but it’s no biggie, they give off the same vibes. It’s like what the original did with the “Riki the Legendary Heropon” song, which played long before we even met Riki. I absolutely hate Patroka and Mikhail, in that order. She’s not hatable as a good character, she’s just boring. Mikhail’s the same but has some sensitivity in time.
  • I really do like Leftheria. Interesting take on the beach area; and the clouds really add to the strange nature of the location, especially the cloud barrier and the Cloudway. The area’s pretty big so I remember just ploughing through to get to the next destination.
  • You encountered one of my favourite Mórag moments then, since you wrapped up the chapter: “$#%, who gave that damn order!”. Her cool persona completely shatters here; hence why I like it so much. Vandham put it best though; war is just an excuse. Another one of my favourite scenes is Jin’s cutscene where he unmasks. You did your research I imagine, knowing what the Torna DLC is about, but it provides some context for these moments.

@Vortexeo That’s a really interesting story, thanks for sharing it. Gave me a lot to think about honestly. It’s such a shame people like to generalise after having one conversation with someone. It must have stung, having someone you barely know singling you out as lazy because you play video games. The issue with the mindset that video games make people lazy is that video games are so mainstream now. If you fired people that play video games from their jobs I imagine most countries and/or companies would have a proverbial arm ripped off economically speaking.

I’d recommend not feeding trolls. Advice that can be used in real life and the internet alike. Keep enjoying video games, for me they’re an incredible de-stress method, and a damn good time anyway!

As for my birthday; I appreciate it, thank you. @MarioLover92, @Snatcher and @Zuljaras ’m very thankful for the support too, I hope you’re all staying safe.

Xenoblade Novel

Currently playing?
Gran Turismo 7 (PS5)
Nintendo Switch Sports
Breath of the Wild (NS)
LEGO Star Wars (NS)

WoomyNNYes

@TheJGG Hopefully covid passes easily for you, since I think I recall you got the vaccine. Sorry to hear, my friend.

Also, you got Skyrim on the Switch!? Man.... I watched the opening of the game on youtube, and saw that beheading, and I'm squeemish, lol, so I skipped that game, worried there's more of that. I was like, dammit!😃 Looks like a cool game, though. Is there much else violent/gory like that as far you've seen?

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Extreme bicycle rider (<=click for great video<3)
Rocket League liker
'Tendo liker

Eel

Thankfully the current strain of COVID, combined with the vaccine, should be little more than an annoying cold.

So in fairly certain @TheJGG & family will be fine in no time!

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

VoidofLight

@Eel Even without the vaccine it's just a pretty annoying cold. My family doesn't really have their vaccines yet, and they're recovering pretty well so far. The one who got it the worst was my father, who had taken the first dose of the vaccine, but not the other part yet.

Currently Playing: Persona 3 Portable and Pokemon White 2!

VoidofLight

@Eel Thanks. I'm hoping our recovery goes well as well. I lost my taste yesterday, but it's been coming back slightly off and on. My other family members are pretty much almost over it, so that's pretty good.

Currently Playing: Persona 3 Portable and Pokemon White 2!

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic