Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 58,381 to 58,400 of 96,481

WoomyNNYes

@MarioLover92 Telling @Snatcher I was adding them as a Switch friend was the most painful thing I've ever done in life.🙃
(That's a joke, because I know how nobody ever tells you they are adding you)

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

Snatcher

@WoomyNNYes bruh.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

Fizza

Currently MIA for exams; see you all in a bit! o7
Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: YT1-0Q2-YFF
Please ask for permission before using my FC!
Currently Playing: Castlevania Bloodlines (Mega Drive)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3505-5480-3330 | Twitter:

blindsquirrel

Jon is an absolute legend. This guy has became my favorite person to watch on YouTube.

Currently playing: Pokemon Soul Silver, Mario RPG
Enos 1:15

Anti-Matter

@WoomyNNYes
You know what is another thing missing from Mario Kart games?
Super Eurobeat songs like Initial D. 😆

Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

@MarioLover92
Yeah, sometimes I got FC request from strangers when my Switch get connected to online.

@Snatcher
I still like Mario Kart games but the other kart racing games have their own features that sometimes I wish it will be implemented on next Mario Kart games as new features. Would like to see we can make own track from zero with a lot of path choices and objects to put + customize the player with specific customization from hair to feet + customize the vehicles with specific vehicle part options.
I can see the 3rd party developers or other company put such efforts like that for their kart racing games but their games sales still cannot beat Mario Kart games sales when Mario Kart games have minimalist features yet the gameplay still engaged. I felt bad for kart racing games from other company didn't really get more appreciation with their efforts to make their kart racing games stand out.

Anti-Matter

Tyranexx

@TheJGG Heh, I might have agreed with your Chrono Cross impressions before writing that paragraph! I know you're joking. I lifted the bullet points, with some editing, from a comment I left under the roundup article. It was certainly a Mega Direct! I wouldn't list it as my absolute favorite, but I'd say it enters my top ten! I'll probably go with the standard edition with most of the games I do buy out of the bunch, but I'd certainly consider pre-ordering a special edition of XC3 if I like what's on offer (and if it doesn't sell out in 2 seconds).

@BruceCM I think I'll give the Triangle Strategy demo a try in due time, but I'm in no hurry to grab the game either. The first demo was...rough for me, and I even knew going in that it was more difficult than it should be. I admittedly haven't played many SRPG series outside of FE and a bit of Shining Force, so the mixed up turns threw me for a loop in the second battle. I was definitely overwhelmed. That aside, between other upcoming games and other purchases RL (had to delay the window project to this spring), I'm not too keen to go crazy on games. Though I may cave for Kirby and the Forgotten Land shortly after it releases.

Live A Live, on the other hand, feels up my alley.

@Vortexeo My long winter JRPG was between XC2, FF X, and DQ XI S. I'm sooo glad I went with the former now. XD I already know I won't get to all the games coming out this year...and that's okay. I'm used to being a bit behind sometimes. On the plus side, the approach usually saves me money.

@MarioLover92 I love how Peach's castle came together! I'm hoping to do sections 9 and 10 (Bob-omb Battlefield, I think) later. If I'm lucky, I'll finish the project this weekend, but it's gonna be a lot busier than last weekend. I'll finish it within the next few days at least.

On Sonic CD: Localization is usually a funny thing. I don't think it's common for so many tracks to change in this day and age, but I know some crazy changes happened back in the day! Interesting tale indeed.

I've heard Origami King's writing is very good, which is one of the reasons why I want to pick that one up too. The wheel combat mechanics look interesting on paper/in videos, but we'll see how I feel about actually using it lol. I'm on board for filling more holes with confetti! (Though I think I prefer the concept of paint)

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Eel

Origami King is an excellent game, the start is slow, but I’d say it’s one of my favorite switch games.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Anti-Matter

@Eel
I was planning to get Origami King on last November 2021 but I have to delay and delay again as PS3 / PS4 / 3DS / Wii /Wii U / Gamecube games are my main priority during year 2021.
Too many games on other machines I have to get them before getting Switch games.

Anti-Matter

Snatcher

@Tyranexx I think the combat sucks. BUT! The characters are amazing, they couldn't make new characters, so they worked with what they had, and its amazing what characters they where able to make with just basic mario mobs and characters.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

Sunsy

@Anti-Matter I think some people can be pretty closed minded, not so much here, but in the past I've seen people thing "we have Mario Kart, why do we need this other kart racing game" and the phrase I personally dislike "nobody asked for this," because somewhere in the world, there is someone who may have wanted a specific game.

I don't see anything wrong with variety when it comes to kart racing games. Mario Kart is without a doubt fun, but I also like other racing games whether they're with cars or kart racers. I love playing Team Sonic Racing, was actually playing it yesterday on PC (I have Team Sonic Racing, and the two Sonic and Sega All-Stars racing games on both Nintendo systems and PC). I've also enjoyed Skylanders Superchargers Racing on Wii, as well as the racing portion of regular SuperChargers. I even like Cars 2 and 3, and Crash Team Racing (even played the original back in the late 90's).

Personally, I wouldn't mind a custom track editor, if anything, my friend would love that. Thinking about it, I wouldn't mind a water-like vehicle as an option. Thinking more like Diddy Kong Racing hovercraft than a boat, as it could be used on tracks.

@MarioLover92 Funnily enough, Target was where I tried Klonoa.

Definitely sounds like a good way, still on the fence on asking for Captain Toad or eShop credit. Was going to ask my mom for something Trolls related and a Switch game closer to April. I'm simple, I just like a game and my favorite characters, that's enough to make me happy. I hear you on phone, I actually prefer Asphalt 9 on Switch over phone because of the way it plays with controller (I seriously still can't wrap my head around how people play Call of Duty Mobile on a phone, lol).

I'm excited more for the Tour tracks as they'll be brand new to me. This is how I like DLC, when it adds new content to the game. Peach Gardens and Maple Treeway are both great picks, I liked those tracks too.

I just checked, and yup, Disney still has their Zazzle shop. It was a cool option years ago, since you could personalize Disney themed shirts (choose the style, color, etc). That's how I got my Anna and Elsa shirt, though the design I have is retired now as it was from Frozen 1 (that's how long ago I got this). Actually wore it to the theater when I saw Frozen II. I can't blame you, classic Sonic is fun.

@Tyranexx Same, I use an electric thermometer when cooking, especially when it's a new dish, just to make sure it's fully cooked correctly.

Edited on by Sunsy

The resident Trolls superfan! Saw Trolls Band Together via early access and absolutely loved it!

WoomyNNYes

I just finished setting times for 150cc & 200cc Time Trials for all the cups in the top row on Mario Kart 8. It's funny, someone I friended from Rocket Leauge a year ago went through and bested a bunch of my times. That rascal!!

Anti-Matter wrote:

@WoomyNNYes
You know what is another thing missing from Mario Kart games?
Super Eurobeat songs like Initial D. 😆

Life isn't a DDR game, Anti!!😠
Or is it?🤔🤔🤔😃
(side note: I do a hang five, coast on the front wheel like at 2:27-2:30. Not an easy trick to learn.)

Also, here's a recap of all my kart racers
Mario Kart 8
Crash Team Racing
Team Sonic Racing (Good looking game, but I couldn't get into this one.)
Meow Motors
Mini Motor Racing X
Coffin Dodgers
Hot Shot Racing (this is kart racer like. I had drift boosting)
Cars 3 Driven to Win

I see that Garfield kart racer on sale for $6. I'm very tempted but, I'm worried I'll hate it.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

'Tendo liker

Snatcher

@WoomyNNYes I want to go back to 100% mario kart, I might try again, It was fun.

WoomyNNYes

@Snatcher Yeah, I want to beat all the staff ghosts on the bottom row of cups next. I think I beat all the staff ghosts in the top row cups. Except maybe one, Neo Bowser City 200cc. Gee whiz that staff gost is tough, I think that's one I couldn't beat. I got within like 0.1 seconds of it. I wish we unlocked something by beating all 200cc staff ghosts. I think Mario Kart 7 rewarded you with something if you beat all the staff ghosts. I don't think Mario Kart 8 does.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

'Tendo liker

BruceCM

The new demo being the start of the game helps, @Tyranexx .... There are now also options for difficulty! 1st battle has 4 units, with just one ability each & then a couple more are introduced for the next & they learn more abilities as you go, etc

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

BruceCM

Is that before or after he went for a fast run, @Zuljaras ....?

SW-4357-9287-0699

BruceCM

Lol, yeah, he looks a bit that way, @Zuljaras ..... That was sort of my point, he certainly doesn't look like he'd just been for a good run

SW-4357-9287-0699

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic