Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 58,341 to 58,360 of 96,298

Sunsy

Let's see... Portal, Klonoa (played the GBA ones on Wii U), BOTH Earthbound games on NSO, Mario Kart DLC, Asphalt Disney Edition Disney Speedstorm! That Direct was great!

I demand Vanellope Von Schweetz for that Disney Asphalt clone thing, same with Anna, Sofia, and Rapunzel!

@MarioLover92 Um... speaking of Rapunzel, lol.

Neat, I only have one game that uses Motion Plus. Everything else uses the Wii remote. Never had Sports Resort, though I have played it with a friend a long time ago.

I remember buying that one for my nephew one day when my brother said they're Smash controller stopped working. He had only a Wii at the time. Cool, I didn't know that.

The resident Trolls superfan! Saw Trolls Band Together via early access and absolutely loved it!

MarioVillager92

@Sunsy Ah yeah Klonoa looks great as well! Though, I have the PS1 version downloaded on my PS3, so I may get it on sale if I wanna play it on my bed, lol. Agreed...the direct was pretty amazing! Words can't express how excited I am for the Mario Kart DLC! That Mario Strikers game looks pretty sweet too, I never played it on the GameCube or Wii, so the Switch entry would be the first one I play.

I HAD to post that gif, lol. I love Tangled, as well, it's one of my favorite Disney movies. I may consider giving Disney Speedstorm a shot as well.

I have Wii Sports Resort and Skyward Sword - everything else just uses the regular Wii Remote, I believe. Shifting gears to SS, that was one of the few Zelda games I had trouble playing. Couldn't beat the first boss. That, and Majora's Mask. That one, I literally got stuck on after starting the three days over.

Oh that was cool of you to do that for your nephew. Yep - we really do learn something new every day!

@Eel Have fun. I still main good ol' Mario and Rosalina!

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

Sunsy

I was not planning to play EarthBound tonight, like I started playing Beginnings again.

@Eel I'm maining Rapunzel. Frying pans are almost as powerful as a blue shell!

@MarioLover92 Cool, I never played the console Klonoa, always wanted to. The GBA game was the closest I've played. So this announcement made me happy. 48 Mario Kart tracks, it's like a whole new game being added. Super Mario Strikers really caught me off-guard.

It's one of my favorites too! Got reminded of Tangled recently, found a Rapunzel shirt I got years ago in a draw.

I've enjoyed Asphalt, so I'm hoping Gameloft makes a solid racer. The fine print in the Direct saying NSO is required, I can't help but wonder if that's a typo. Usually F2P online games don't require NSO, and the game page on Nintendo's site, doesn't mention NSO. Asphalt, World of Tanks Blitz, Brawlhalla, and Paladins can play without NSO. Just something that caught my attention as I'm rewatching the Direct with a friend.

Didn't know Skyward Sword required Motion Plus. The only Zelda game I have on Wii is the Crossbow Training that came with the Wii Zapper.

Indeed.

The resident Trolls superfan! Saw Trolls Band Together via early access and absolutely loved it!

Zuljaras

Good for you guys, that you loved the Direct.

I did not see even one game I wanted.

I was hopeful for Half-Life when I saw Portal but nothing followed. Also good for Xenoblade but I am yet to get into the series:)

But that is a good thing in a way. Less money spent on games!

Edited on by Zuljaras

jedgamesguy

Waking up after that Direct feels like waking up after an incredible dream. Except the dream is real. I'm so glad I can share people's enthusiasm here, and to those who didn't get stuff they wanted, that's a shame. I feel like my wallet is going to be very light come the end of this year, because of just how many games are coming out that I'm interested in, ranging from games I've heard are good, and are worth a shot, to games I will unconditionally buy Day 1.

• Fire Emblem Warriors: Three Hopes. Give it to me! I love the direction Koei Tecmo/Omega Force/Team Ninja is going with these projects, taking a licensed property and commit art fraud levels of copying to the point the games are criminally faithful to their source material. Age of Calamity for Zelda, and Persona 5 Strikers are both fantastic games and this seems to be next!
  • No Man's Sky. I have it on PS5 so I'm not gonna get it again but I really hope people take the chance to play this game because it has come such a long way since it launched in 2016.
  • Chrono Cross. For sure a neat addition, even if the game has aged pretty badly, as do most PS1 games of the time. Square have a knack for these relatively hands-off remasters of late-90s JPRGs, and they could get a bit more love IMO. They clearly put minimal effort in. First Romancing SaGa, then SaGa Frontier, then Legend of Mana, and now this. I wanna see what makes the game so good though.
  • Nintendo Switch Sports. It looks awesome, a certain buy. Looks a little light on sports compared to Wii Sports Resort but we shall see.
  • Live A Live. Looks right up my alley, and looks like it had more effort put in than Chrono Cross, so sign me up! Price is a bit steep but let's see that stop me, and many JRPG nerds out there. I read Toby Fox's tweet about how significant this was, and it has Yoko Shimomura music so what more convincing do I need?
  • Mario Strikers: Battle League. Interesting but probably not for me. I can sense a certain Mario Fan is gonna get it Day 1, and I really hope you like it!
  • Splatoon 3. Don't care, it looks too same-y to the other Splatoon games.
  • Kirby and the Forgotten Land. Went from a consideration to a must-buy. Nintendo have absolutely bankrolled the open-world formula after ignoring it for decades, so I cannot wait to get stuck in.
  • Advance Wars 1+2: Re-Boot Camp. Seems the delay helped polish the game, so I can't wait to play this one, since I didn't end up sucking at Fire Emblem as much as I thought I would.
  • Mario Kart 8 Deluxe extra tracks: Jeez they went all in, didn't they. The value of this pack is insane, you're paying half the price of the full game for essentially the same amount of content. I'm definitely buying this.
  • Xenoblade Chronicles 3... GIVE. IT. TO. ME.

Currently playing:
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Cyberpunk 2077: Phantom Liberty

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114 | My Nintendo: TheJGG

Snatcher

@TheJGG This sums up my thoughts so well! great start of the year for the big N.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

BruceCM

That's presumably her hair she's swinging on, @MarioLover92 .... Looking forward to your football game?

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

Vortexeo

Dang, where is @tekoii? I wanted to hear his thoughts on the direct lol

Add me on switch if you like Xenoblade :)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3720-5613-4522

Snatcher

@Vortexeo IKR? They would have freaked over Xenoblade three.

So I have almost gotten through spring in stardew vally, and I have one thing to say....Damn why didn't I get this game sooner, Its a really good farming sim, not that I played any, But its so good, the characters, the art, the events, and this is the first season like dang!

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

MarioVillager92

All right, I'm gonna have to blow off steam for a bit. So, I was off to the eShop to preorder the Mario Kart DLC, and I just got one of those random friend requests when I turned on my Switch today. Without any notifications from Nintendo Life whatsoever. Those requests annoy me quite a lot, quite frankly. Especially since I clearly said in my signature to let me know when they send me a request, not to mention there's no way to message your friends on the Switch itself. So, I removed my friend code from my NL profile and signature. Sorry, nothing personal against anyone, including those who sent me the requests - but I had to do it.

@Sunsy I haven't played too much of the first Klonoa, but from what I've played it's quite a good platformer. It kind of reminds me of Yoshi's Island and Kirby 64 in a way, since you can do flutter jumps and it's in 2.5D.

On the MK8D DLC, absolutely! Nintendo has generally been pretty good with their DLC, and this one's no exception. I love that Coconut Mall's making a return! I went ahead and preordered the DLC just now, too. Now I just have to wait until March 18! I think we can play the new courses online on the 22nd - would be cool for the two of us to play on them online together. What tracks would you like to see make a return?

Nice, and that's cool. Cool to find that shirt in your drawer, did it just happen to be missing? I used to have a Sonic shirt, which was classic-styled, but I somehow lost it many years ago.

Yeah, they made Skyward Sword with Wii Motion Plus in mind. I had Twilight Princess for the Wii, and I now have it on Wii U. I haven't finished TP yet, but I have finished Wind Waker HD.

@TheJGG @BruceCM Yeah it looks pretty cool, this would actually be the first Mario Strikers game I play. I'm more excited for Mario Kart though!

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

BruceCM

It certainly seemed it appeal to you, @MarioLover92 .... I didn't think I needed to check about your kart dlc, lol Keep rehearsing for your film, too

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

Anti-Matter

@Snatcher
You can try another farming sim + RPG style game Kitaria Fables, a Rune Factory style game with cute anthropomorphic animals as the character. Also, that game made from my country Indonesia. 🇮🇩
Untitled

Anti-Matter

Snatcher

@MarioLover92 I know, someone has been sending me friend request without telling me, I mean come on guys, its right there, just ask me my god.

@Anti-Matter I think stardew vally is going to be the only other farming sim I play, because its much more then just a farming sim, like, idk how to say it, its not there as a farming sim like that, it has a story, it has characters, you do more then just farm, there is charm, style, music, Its all there, I never played Harvest moon, but I might give those games a shot now that I have played this,

And stardew has all that content, and its only 15$ like what? Its such a good price, I kinda feel like i'm stealing.

Again thanks for the offer, but it doesn't really look interesting to me, but i'm sure its a good game, and I might give it a try later down the line, but thats a fat maybe.

Edited on by Snatcher

Sunsy

@MarioLover92 That's good to hear, it sounds like my kind of platformer. Now I remember trying it at a store's PS2 display once, memory just came to mind.

My friend and I are both happy for the return of Coconut Mall, we loved playing that course on Wii and 7. I may wait until on or after my birthday, it's literally in early April. I'm hoping to see some of the Mario Kart Tour courses, I don't play the game, so I never had a chance to experience them. Most of the mobile stuff is either Sonic or cartoon based games with me. Hoping for Delfino Square to make a return, always loved that DS track.

Not lost, it was literally in my draw. I remember getting it when Disney had a Zazzle shop, basically you can order a Disney shirt in any style you wanted. I remember getting a Rapunzel shirt this way because I was watching Tangled, and an Anna and Elsa shirt this way (funnily enough, I'm wearing it right now). Aww, sorry to hear you lost that classic Sonic shirt.

Amazingly, I haven't played those two Zelda games, even though I have both a GameCube and a Wii U.

Eel

All the Piczle games are on sale on the eShop, so I went ahead and added Piczle Cross Adventure, and Piczle Colors to the pile of games on my Switch.

Yay for picross.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Anti-Matter

@Sunsy
Speaking about Mario Kart games, I still surprised to realize almost nobody here have ever mentioned other kart racing games for comparison of their features with the features from Mario Kart games as I found the gamers who really devoted with Mario Kart games are likely only know about every single of Mario Kart games but not really open to other kart racing games by 3rd party developers such as Crash Tag Racing or Skylanders Superchargers or Team Sonic Racing, etc or even from PlayStation (Modnation Racers).

I have posted some thought about the features for next Mario Kart games that borrowed from other racing games but I saw almost nobody shown an interest to discuss about improved features for Mario Kart games such from Track editor + Detailed character customization + detailed vehicles customization (I still found nobody ever really want to hope this feature for next Mario Kart games). All I found just the discussion about the old tracks from older Mario Kart games that will be implemented for Mario Kart 8 Deluxe. They didn't even think about how to make their own tracks or how to customize the racer looking or how to customize their vehicles from body to tires. Looks like all the efforts from 3rd party kart racing games with their unique features didn't even impressed the Mario Kart fans. They still stuck on all the things from Mario Kart without being open to other kart racing games with their uniqueness.

I felt sad to see that treatment like I really want to discuss the other features from 3rd party kart racing games but almost everybody here have no interest to discuss about 3rd party games that sometimes I think some of 3rd party games are better than Nintendo games. The other thing that made me sad when Chocobo GP get announced, some of peoples were really indifferent with that game and called Chocobo GP as Mario Kart rip off or cash grab. It just hurt my feeling as some of Mario Kart fans are fanatic with their believe and berate the other kart racing games as Mario Kart rip off. They are not really open to other similar games while I have open to other kart racing games such as Cars 2, Cars 3, Team Sonic Racing, F1 Race Stars, Modnation Racers, Skylanders Superchargers and I found the games are still entertaining with their way, at the same time I got some new experiences from those games. What do you think ? Do you have some experiences from other kart racing games that you like to see on next Mario Kart games ?

Anti-Matter

Snatcher

@Anti-Matter Its not that they don't want to talk about it, put you normally post about during a already active convo about mario kart.

Crash team racing is the bomb, that and a few select other kart racers make it on my list of good kart racers that aren't mario kart.

Edited on by Snatcher

Anti-Matter

@Snatcher
Speaking about Harvest Moon or now it called Story of Seasons, that game was very popular in my country Indonesia since from PS1 era and I have ever played Harvest Moon Back to Nature on PS1 during early year 2000 and my siblings and my cousins were also like to play that game. I grew up by Harvest Moon Back to Nature PS1 so I quickly adapted the gameplay from other Harvest Moon games on Wii and Gamecube as my first Harvest Moon games on Nintendo machines. Short story, I felt disappointed with current Story of Seasons games on 3DS as I do not like with current character design that don't look really appealing for me added with the stiff body gestures on 3DS version. The remake of Friends of Mineral Town was pretty good in graphic and fps but the character design was drastically changed until I didn't really recognized the characters I knew them from Back to Nature. I still on the fence with Pioneer of Olive Town as the incomplete game and some bugs founded from the game put me in nervous. I really hope Pioneer of Olive Town will get PS4 release and hopefully the games has been fixed from all the issues and the lack contents.

Anti-Matter

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic