Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 58,321 to 58,340 of 58,609

Zuljaras

@Eel it is ok. I simply want to know why. But if it is so important I will not chase it.

It is not pleasant to walk on eggshells in this forum but it is not impossible to deal with it

http://castletoria.com

WoomyNNYes

Went for my first winter run. It's 38 F out. Had to put long johns on under running leggings, and a few upper winter layers. I thought I'd be in worse shape. Guess it's good I wasn't more out of shape.

It'll be nice if I could shed a couple pounds, but last year I didn't shed winter weight until rode some ramps/pumptracks in the spring weather. I don't have the attention span to work out enough to match the intensity of riding ramps with the bike. I'd build some bowl corners in the basement if the logistics of building and dismantling it in the future weren't such a pain in the ass. Something about tearing down/dismantling wood ramps just strikes dread into me.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Extreme bicycle rider
'Tendo liker
Rocket League (3v3 - platinum III/diamond I)
Best Christmastime song with a beat? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-I6AdTJIulc

Anti-Matter

@Zuljaras
Granted, i still want to talk with you.
She (Ryu Niiyama) didn't even want to interact with me either.
Just pretend she didn't even exist here.
Let her talk in loneliness.

Top 8 Konami's Rhythm games:
1. Dance Dance Revolution
2. Para Para Paradise
3. DrumMania
4. Beatmania IIDX
5. Pop'n Music
6. KeyboardMania
7. Martial Beat
8. DANCE EVOLUTION

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

Snatcher

@Eel My bad, I was more or less just crafting why that might have been the case, Again my bad.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside.

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Ryu_Niiyama

@X-Slayer @WoomyNNYes @Eel

Thanks everyone! Sorry for stirring the pot apparently…

@WoomyNNYes 38 and you went outside on purpose? That’s gonna be a nope from me.

@CANOEberry ??? I don’t even know who you are. I don’t think I have ever spoken to you. As such please refrain from talking about me and not to me.

Edited on by Ryu_Niiyama

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

Zuljaras

@Anti-Matter Every person should try and tailor their experiences to their liking but the problem is that I am a very curious person

http://castletoria.com

MarioLover92

@Tyranexx Nice. I might give that another watch sometime. There's another anime movie I've seen called Akira, which I also liked. I have it on blu-ray. I've seen Ghost in the Shell too, which I remember liking, but I only rented it.

@Sunsy I actually played one of those Magical Drop games at an arcade, which was pretty fun. I never played the SNES version on NSO though.

I think I used an Apple II during my elementary school days. It might have been a different Apple computer though, the screen was black and green. I didn't really get into PC games until a lot later, the same year I got my Switch, I would get a laptop for college classes and gaming. I may decide to build my own desktop computer of my own, just not sure when I'd do so. I opted to go for my gaming laptop over a PS4 and Xbox One, back when they were current. There weren't that much exclusives I'd be willing to play on either of them anyway. lol

@Fizza Aw thanks! Enjoy your break.

@Zuljaras That looks great. And I'm not even into Minecraft, lol. Great job.

SMM2 ID: V1J-NRF-PWG
ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Please ask and let me know if you're gonna add my Switch FC, or I will have to delete your request. Thanks!

Switch Friend Code: SW-0427-8582-2999 | My Nintendo: MarioFan92 | Twitter:

AegisPrime

Lowest temperature I've ever run in was 20s~. Besides my face and hands feeling miserable for the first mile and a half, I loved it.

Bought gloves cause I don't need extra things wearing me down in a run.

Should probably invest in some thermal gear cause I've always ran in 20-40 weather in mostly the same gear as when I run in 50+ weather: single layers with a very lightweight running jacket.

Edited on by AegisPrime

Play 13 Sentinels:Aegis Rim, read Mushishi and Scum's Wish, support indies.

Anti-Matter

HOLY MOLLY...!!! 😱😱😱
Is this for real ?!
DDR GOD Player iamchris4life could pass Healing-D-Vision on Challenge with AAA Perfect Full Combo !
The ridiculous hardest part of Healing-D-Vision on Challenge difficulty was on deadly 180' spin from minutes 1:25 - 1:30, 5 seconds of Nightmare.
He did absolutely terrific job by spinning his body very quickly and smoothly.

I could pass that song too on Arcade with same difficulty despite with decent score (got C or B if lucky) and really messed up on deadly spinning part because it was too fast and too quick to spin my body. 😫

2. Para Para Paradise
3. DrumMania
4. Beatmania IIDX
5. Pop'n Music
6. KeyboardMania
7. Martial Beat
8. DANCE EVOLUTION

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

Sunsy

Captain Toad is really fun, played a bit of the trial this morning, and played again this evening.

@Fizza Have a good break, and enjoy Pokemon Legends Arceus when you play it.

@MarioLover92 Cool, SNES NSO was the first time I played Magical Drop. It's been awhile since I played it, but the Mini Chao Garden mini-game on Sonic Pinball Party was very similar IIRC.

Interesting, the Apple II I remember in my class was color. Remember playing Word Munchers (anyone remember that game?) on it. Then after moving, the schools had Macs with a giant folder with icons called At Ease. Cool, gaming on a laptop is still PC gaming. I remember starting with a few games when my family got a Windows PC, then got into it even more after buying a custom PC from a local shop.

That's what I play on PC, the few games that are not on Nintendo systems that interest me. Though, I do pick up some favorites on PC when they go on sale for cheap, just to have them on PC and to experience the better graphics and smoother performance (Team Sonic Racing is fun on Switch, but boy it's amazing on PC).

Sunsy

WoomyNNYes

@Ryu_Niiyama Well, I used to always have an indoor ramp facility nearby, and I'd ride there in evenings in the winter. But with those places gone, and being indoors more due to covid, I've gotten more desperate for exercise - I don't want to have to buy new bigger clothes- trying keep weight gain at bay. lol. I used to ski a lot. Even worked at a ski shop for while. So, I have an arsenal winter gear layers... except for running shoes - I just wore thick wool ski socks in my running shoes and did ok running in the cold. I do hate cold now, though, now that I've burned out on skiing. I think winter is stupid poopy caca, and shorter daylight hours can suckit. lol

@AegisPrime Yeah, I just squeezed some thermal long johns on underneath my nike running thermal leggings. Then layered a light jacket, and an insulated shell jacket.

When you've run in the 20's, have you had winter running shoes, or just wear thick wool ski socks with your regular running shoes? Man, you really feel that cold af wind cut through my mesh adidas running shoes. I'm getting by with my thick SmartWool ski socks. I'm not sure I could get away with that shoe situation in the 20s.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Extreme bicycle rider
'Tendo liker
Rocket League (3v3 - platinum III/diamond I)
Best Christmastime song with a beat? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-I6AdTJIulc

Anti-Matter

@Sunsy
I have finished Captain Toad Wii U version several months ago.
It was a decent game as it felt you want to play that game only once when finished.
It was like a snack rather than main dish that you want to play the same stage over and over again.
Btw, which version did you play ?

2. Para Para Paradise
3. DrumMania
4. Beatmania IIDX
5. Pop'n Music
6. KeyboardMania
7. Martial Beat
8. DANCE EVOLUTION

Sunsy

@Anti-Matter I get what you mean, it did originate as a side game in Super Mario 3D World after all. I played the Switch version, NSO is doing a trial of it until the 20th. Decided to check it out since I've been on the fence about it for some time (honestly, since the Wii U version years ago).

Sunsy

Anti-Matter

@Sunsy
I was still thinking twice too to get Captain Toad Switch version as i have finished the Wii U version and already felt done with the game, not really want to play again from beginning, added with more expensive price for Switch version in my country.

Btw, i want to ask about two Pokemon games on Gamecube (Colloseum and XD)
What do you think about their gameplay if you have ever played them ?

2. Para Para Paradise
3. DrumMania
4. Beatmania IIDX
5. Pop'n Music
6. KeyboardMania
7. Martial Beat
8. DANCE EVOLUTION

AegisPrime

@WoomyNNYes

I wear thin socks but my running shoes aren't heavy on the mesh.

Never had a problem with my core and legs, it's my hands and face that scream at me haha.

Play 13 Sentinels:Aegis Rim, read Mushishi and Scum's Wish, support indies.

Eel

I just discovered my desktop computer’s keyboard has a dedicated shortcut to bring out the calculator app.

This changes everything.

Bloop.

My dead channel.

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

TheJGG

Sorry for the lateness; I was pretty busy this week. I do have enough time to complain about how awful the whole NFT thing is, especially in the film and video-game sectors. Quentin Tarantino’s doing them, Konami too, and even voice actors like Tara Strong and Troy Baker; the latter’s collaborated with an NFT firm that sell voice-based NFTs, essentially allowing someone to buy his voice, making his own career redundant. Plus, the way he put it on Twitter was pretty awful; he asked if people would “hate or create”.

@Tyranexx Thank you for the wishes; I had a massive wave of relief fall over me when I realised I didn’t have it. I imagine everyone’s gonna get it eventually but it’s still nice to brag that you haven’t gotten it yet. I did get myself some early birthday presents on that day though; games I’m not gonna play until the 18th. One of them is Cyberpunk 2077, so I’m equally excited and nervous. It was on discount though.

Commentating on your commentary of my commentary of your commentary:

• I hated that Gormotti orphan quest too. It makes replaying the game harder because of the sheer boredom. It highlights Rex’s sincerity and growing responsibility but there’s much better ways to show that than dragging him on an hour-long goose chase. Good riddance, I say.
  • Good thing you like Zeke, he’s one of a kind. Meeting him not once but twice made my day when I played the game all those years ago. One of my favourite Mórag moments doesn’t come until Chapter 5, I’m sure you’ll know it when you see it!
  • Yep, Uraya is the Satorl Marsh of the second game. The music overall is as good as in the first game but yeah, that area was a real highlight of my time in the game. Some of the field skill uses were a bit silly though. In fact all of them are.
  • Vandham’s death was something I didn’t expect at all. You would have thought the game developers would have not made him a full party member if he was gonna go out after just one chapter. A masterful trick indeed and a worthy death. As for Mythra… that sleepwalking scene was hilarious if a bit on the risqué side.
    Looking forward to the next one!

NeonPizza wrote:

One of the silliest remarks he made as of late was," Nintendo doesn't innovate sh** compared to Sony, all they have is Mario & Zelda". My eyes literally rolled back into my head as I face palmed for days. [...] It's like, video game tribalism, expect he's pretending to be with the tribe.

I’m a bit late but that’s just awful. The only thing worse than having friends who don’t play video games is having friends that blindly hate them. My Dad says that too as a joke; but it’s just that, a joke. Besides, Nintendo came up with the whole “lateral thinking with withered technology” idea.

Some people do it just for attention though, if that’s the case let sleeping dogs lie. That’s a disaster waiting to happen.

Zuljaras wrote:

You describe [gaming] as a checklist or some kind of a chore. Why would you even care if you are not thrilled about the upcoming Switch games?

I agree wholeheartedly. The moment gaming becomes about playing games for the sake of it instead of enjoyment, there’s no use anymore.

I also saw your diorama video, you can be very proud of your work. The textures of the blocks are gorgeous.

@WoomyNNYes That takes guts, running in that kind of weather. Teach me your secrets! I’m so bad with cold weather it’s not even funny anymore. We went paddleboarding yesterday and I made the mistake of voluntarily jumping into the bay after an hour without falling in. Shivering for hours.

Xenoblade Novel

Currently playing?
F1 2021 (PS5)
NieR:Replicant ver. 1.22 (PS4)
Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity (NS)
Disco Elysium (NS)
Mass Effect (PS4)

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114 | My Nintendo: TheJGG | Twitter:

VoidofLight

@TheJGG the whole NFT thing is getting out of hand, and all of them are scams pretty much. Sega seems to be trying to go through with it, despite the message they made earlier on, Square is doing it as well. The asset thing was already bad enough, but now the voice-based ones that actively harm people's careers on top of the eco-system and people's wallets are becoming a threat. I don't get why a voice actor would even be okay with promoting a career-ender like that, unless the dude was just that oblivious to what these even are. NFTs open up a gateway to theft and just so many disgusting things.. that I'm surprised no one is trying to step in and stop this.

Currently Playing: SoulCalibur VI, Professor Layton and the curious village, SMT V.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic