Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 58,301 to 58,320 of 58,564

Fizza

Hey everyone,
I'm just coming in here to say that I'll be going dark for a while. One, to make sure I don't get spoiled for Legends Arceus and two, I just need a break from the internet for a while. Have a good one everyone! You're all fantastic!

Currently Playing: Pokemon Brilliant Diamond/Banjo Kazooie
371/488 in Brilliant Diamond Nat Dex
Hyped as all hell for Pokemon Legends Arceus
Currently performing a summoning circle for a 2nd Ace Attorney Trilogy
Going dark until PLA/March, have a good one people!

Snatcher

@Fizza Aww, K, Will be waiting for your return.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside.

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Tyranexx

Ugh. I'm overdue for some gaming this evening. I volunteered to be one of the poor, unfortunate souls members of my team to help a customer move their database for our software off their in-house server and onto our hosted cloud server. The actual database move went fine, but somehow some of the security settings for them to login remotely broke; we patched things up the best we could last night and still dealt with some of the moving pains today. What should've been about an hour process yesterday evening turned into over three hours; I didn't have time to do much of anything before shower + bedtime. Is the week over yet? X.X

Nothing much to report on the XC2 front as a result, though after getting lost, I DID run into Zeke again (What's up with this guy?) while on the way to resolve the Lila situation. As an aside, it's fun to be cooperating with Morag; she's one of my favorite characters so far.

Edit: Also on avatar switching, I retired my festive Metroid profile pic and picked up one of Adol from the Ys series.

@NintendoByNature Some of the quests in XCX are simplistic fetch quests, survey quests, etc., but some of the quest chains you can unlock/pick up dive into some deep, heavy material.

@MarioLover92 The person from whom I borrowed the Ghibli films I have watched? Princess Mononoke is his favorite!

@Fizza Enjoy your break! I've sorta been feeling like I need one too....

Edited on by Tyranexx

Currently playing: Xenoblade Chronicles 2, Ori and the Will of the Wisps (Switch)

Feel free to send me a Switch friend request, but please tell me first. Otherwise, I probably won't accept.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3478-2466-4791 | Nintendo Network ID: Zelda_By_Night

Snatcher

Guess I have been playing too much Genshin because I got an ad for it on here.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside.

Sunsy

That was good evening. Watched Trolls World Tour, then played some Halo Infinite with some friends.

@Snatcher I know what you mean. Every time I use the cannons in Sonic Heroes, the running when Sonic lands makes me worry he will fall off the platform he lands on.

@MarioLover92 Cool, I actually have an old Misty figure in my draw. I think my first Pokemon toy were those figures of Pikachu, that came with a master ball, and a Game Boy that fired a ball on a string, lol. Neat, the Sonic Pinball Party one was a puzzle game, the only thing that comes to mind is Magical Drop II on NSO. I also remember the download one was Sonic had to find the right Chao in a field of sorts.

That's cool. The earliest I for me was an Apple II at school. For some reason, some the classroom I was in still used them. Then it was Mac at school and at home, then it was Windows for the longest time. Even my first PC I saved up for was a Windows XP machine (also my first gaming PC). Cool, I used Linux via a Live CD (basically an OS that runs off a CD), and decided to dual boot just to use it and learn more about it.

Edited on by Sunsy

Sunsy

Zuljaras

This is my first attempt of making a mini Minecraft world out of polymer clay.

The process was excruciating I try and make the blocks as uniform as I can, then I bake them and then I glue them together to make the tiny biome

Minecraft in the palm of your hand

Untitled

http://castletoria.com

Ryu_Niiyama

This has been the weirdest week of my life and I’m an amputee so that is saying something.

So I found a legal error at work and reported it and after many calls to the lawyer, operations realized I was right. Two hours later I’m told to rush on something that was given to me late. I pushed back on that because I only had an hour left in my day. So. I do it over the weekend because this job is more than two people can do let alone one and I pretty much work 7 days a week now.

So come monday I am working like normal and go to my weekly meeting. I’m told I’m being let go. The company is eliminating my position entirely. And my former boss drops off with not even so much as a have a nice life. I’m in shock but get through the final talk with HR ok. I think about all the hours I put in and I don’t feel upset anymore but I think that’s the shock talking because I was scheduled to go home and to my ocularist (my eye costs more than my truck) the next week and now everything is in the air.

So I call my predecessor who is retired and tell him what happened (mostly because I assume they will contract him since nobody has been trained to replace me and I care about my job even though that is stupid and they did me dirty) he is shocked but is pretty much like “you dodged a bullet”, because he tells me that he made less than I did (and I was underpaid) and I told him about the legal error I found and he starts laughing. So we both know shadiness is being covered up. So my now former company offers me a severance package which I negotiate to get to an acceptable state (further proof that the issue isn’t my work because they don’t do this normally) and now that I’m not financially strapped for a little while I feel better. So I take the day to decompress and unwind.

The next morning I update my LinkedIn saying I am going freelance. So I can keep money flowing while I update my resume and look for work. I go to my Data Platform Users (SQL Server and Azure) meetup and tell them what happened and one guy asks for my resume and a few others tell me their company is hiring. The next morning my inbox is flooded with recruiter emails. I also reach out on a contract job for another user group and I am contacted and given an interview same day. I get the contract (year long) and PART TIME it pays more than my old job. So money is sorted. Keep in mind I hadn’t started applying yet. My resume is only half updated.

Now I need benefits (medical insurance in particular.) So a recruiter contacts me with a job and I send him my resume. I have a skill in a proprietary software that is rare so he is like “they want to interview you asap”. The contract will get me benefits but the potential client is already asking my salary if they hire me directly. I have not even spoken to these people yet. So now I have a potential day job on-top of the contract work. Both individually pay more than I made before.

Meanwhile my predecessor contacts me laughing. My old job is on fire because nobody lined up my replacement and thought IT outsourcing could just take my work. So HR contacts me and needs something (a login) and I give them the user and say the new admin needs to fix it. Then I say my consultation rates are 125 an hour if you want me to get you to a stable state. HR is like” I will pass that along ASAP”.

So. These idiots shoot themselves in the foot and thanks to that ima jump a tax bracket. If both contracts are signed let alone the old job needing me, ima jump two tax brackets. I’m laughing so hard I am crying with happy tears. I’m literally going to be a single DINK (double income no kids) now. Well I guess I can start house hunting again.

Edited on by Ryu_Niiyama

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

Snatcher

@NintendoByNature I'm wondering if its even going to happen at this point LOL.

Snatcher

@NintendoByNature Ya I think I remember that, god it better be one hell of a port.

X-Slayer

@Ryu_Niiyama So glad that you have two opportunities better than your recent job. You definitely dogged a bullet. I’ll never understand why people get so obsessed with money.

Switch Friend Code: SW-0567-1887-2002
(Please ask before requesting)

CURRENTLY PLAYING:
Banjo-Kazooie (NSO)
Bravely Default II
LotR: The Third Age (GC)
Paper Mario 64 (NSO)
Zelda BotW Normal + DLC
Pokemon Brilliant Diamond

Zuljaras

@Ryu_Niiyama I am just curious is there a season for blocking me here on NL? I do not recall to have any negative encounters with you.

Eel

@Ryu_Niiyama that’s an amazing story. It has shady stuff, intrigue, and even a comedic retribution.

Hope you get the job that deserves you. (And that the old company gets what they deserve too!)

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

My dead channel.

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Snatcher

@Zuljaras I'm pretty sure I got blocked too. If I remember right, They block whoever they don't want to talk to or offended them, what we did? idk.

Eel

@Zuljaras @Snatcher let’s please not question people about their reasons for blocking others.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

My dead channel.

Zuljaras

@Eel I ask because recently I though another user blocked me but it turned out that they can see my comments but I can't see theirs. And when they can see my comments it means that I am not really blocked because you have to block someone before turning off you own comments for them.

Maybe the system is malfunctioning again.

CANOEberry

@Snatcher @Zuljaras I've been blocked by Ryu, Anti-Matter and a number of regulars, I believe. I also have a very long Ignore List myself, which maybe isn't so good, but... life goes on, brah!

CANOEberry

Eel

@Zuljaras regardless of reason or possible malfunctions, I'll have to ask again to never question someone who appears to have blocked you. Whatever the reason might be, forcing them to interact with you or demanding an answer is both a) mostly useless (because the person is unlikely to see it), and b) disruptive, because it prompts posts like this (which the person will end up seeing and make things more uncomfortable).

In the end, it's simply something we need to learn to deal with without poking the person. I suppose the most one can do is check if one hasn't accidentally ignored them, and otherwise accept the possibility that they simply don't want to interact.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

My dead channel.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic