Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 58,281 to 58,300 of 96,481

Eel

I bought the Disney Classic Games Collection, just because it was cheap on amazon, and because it had that "blindbag" bonus of the random physical manual.

Got The Lion King's manual. It's cute. The game itself will probably be played mostly by my brother, but I do have good memories of watching these games being played when I was little, so I'm quite interested in the auto-play feature.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Snatcher

@TheJGG Eel, well, now that you said something, I'm on day ten, but i'm not to sure what I'm supposed to do you know? It asked me to get a farmer level for a scare crow, I did it, but the barn, it cost 4,000, where do I get that kinda money?

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

Eel

@Snatcher there's various things you can do. Money will start off slow, but as you keep playing and learn more it becomes a non-issue.

You can start by investing all your earnings into buying more seeds, just keep track of the days left in a season and how long do the crops take to grow, because once the season changes any out-of-season crops left in the field will wither. Plating crops is a big money maker, and it plays a big part in the main storyline since you need certain crops for the bundles in the community center (you may have already unlocked this quest).

You can also go the beach to get a fishing rod (if you haven't already) and catch fish to sell for money. Fishing has a steep learning curve, but it becomes much easer as you level your fishing skill up.

Another thing you can do is forage. Go around the forest and other areas to look for things you can pick up, and then sell them. Sometimes the townspeople will throw perfectly good stuff away, you can check the trashcans when nobody is looking to... Uh... Rescue their stuff. (and sell it!)

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

Snatcher

Eel wrote:

@Snatcher there's various things you can do. Money will start off slow, but as you keep playing and learn more it becomes a non-issue.

You can start by investing all your earnings into buying more seeds, just keep track of the days left in a season and how long do the crops take to grow, because once the season changes any out-of-season crops left in the field will wither. Plating crops is a big money maker, and it plays a big part in the main storyline since you need certain crops for the bundles in the community center (you may have already unlocked this quest).

You can also go the beach to get a fishing rod (if you haven't already) and catch fish to sell for money. Fishing has a steep learning curve, but it becomes much easer as you level your fishing skill up.

Another thing you can do is forage. Go around the forest and other areas to look for things you can pick up, and then sell them. Sometimes the townspeople will throw perfectly good stuff away, you can check the trashcans when nobody is looking to... Uh... Rescue their stuff. (and sell it!)

Thanks, these tips are great! I was kinda doing the farm selling thing, but I haven't been selling fish or anything else, again, thanks!

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

Snatcher

@jump Give me the good's of what was happening on that thread! Was it the dude that was asking for the spiderman game?

Edited on by Snatcher

WoomyNNYes

That user, Adzboi276, wasn't begging. They were looking for free-to-play games that have Spiderman. Free-to-play games are a thing on consoles these days. It's a legitimate question. I dare say, some NL users were a bit harsh.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

jump

@Snatcher Yeah, just they called everyone a faker bad word for not helping them.

I was impressed with them managing to get a swear word past the site's auto-correct. Everytime I call someone a *** or **** or *** **** it gets censored.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Eel

Anyone participating in our site-wide automatic profanity censor test program, will get a free 2-day vacation away from the site!

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

Snatcher

@WoomyNNYes But I think everyone was poking fun because it was sorta silly, At least to me, it sounded like they asked how they can get a spiderman game on the switch for free. (The ps4 one)

@jump Dang, I wish I could have saw it LOL, But kinda what they get for assuming this is just a thread where you can say whatever you want to say, like do people really not read the rules? I did when I first came here, and I got poked fun of left and right because of how dumb I was LOL.

@Eel How nice of you (:

Sunsy

@Tyranexx You're welcome, I usually put that on when I pan fry or bake salmon. Sometimes, usually when I have rice, I make a simple teriyaki sauce to put on the salmon. Usually two batches, one for marinating, the other to warm up, thicken a bit, and pour on. Glad it turned out well.

Snow is pretty much gone aside from some bigger piles.

@Anti-Matter I think if Sega planned another Olympic video game, real Olympics or Mario and Sonic, it would have been announced and released by now. Still stuck with the original and 2014 Mario and Sonic for winter games.

The resident Trolls superfan! Saw Trolls Band Together via early access and absolutely loved it!

jump

@Snatcher tbh I have never read the rules of this site, there might have been a terms and conditions type thing when I joined but I just clicked okay.

It’s probably for the best I didn’t read those rules though. As soon as I know what the rules are I will just break them as l’m bad to the bone!

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Tasuki

So I take it that user asking for free games was a spam account as all their threads were deleted.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Fizza

@Eel I feel bad for you and the rest of the mods. You lot have been working overtime today

Currently MIA for exams; see you all in a bit! o7
Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: YT1-0Q2-YFF
Please ask for permission before using my FC!
Currently Playing: Castlevania Bloodlines (Mega Drive)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3505-5480-3330 | Twitter:

Snatcher

@Eel NGL, When I saw the name I started rolling, because I knew who it was LOL!

Mikmoomamimocki

Looks like GilvaSunner has been shut down. I don't care about the music, I can get that anywhere. But years of gaming culture were stored in their uploads, and those are forever gone. Comments that may have held memes, timestamps, or discussions were deleted. It's sad.

Edited on by Mikmoomamimocki

Mikmoomamimocki

Tyranexx

While I'm glad we're (finally) getting a Nintendo Direct, as usual I won't be able to watch it live. I wouldn't be able to quite cut out of work early enough, plus I have a couple errands I need to run tomorrow evening. :/ I'll have to go on media blackout until after the fact. I find it more fun to watch the actual Directs vs. just getting all the news later.

@BruceCM I'll keep an eye out in that case. I'm still enjoying it, though I'm unsure if I'll get back to the game this evening.

@TheJGG First of all, I hope you enjoy watching the Direct live tomorrow! It airs late afternoon here, and not really at a time that suits yours truly. Par for the course lol.

Considering there are two chapters left after I wrap up 8, I'd hope some more reveals are in store. Totally agreed on how Torna has gradually become more sympathetic as I've progressed in the game, but still...they've done some pretty horrible things. Who knows how many people they've killed while going after core crystals? Malos is indeed quite twisted. Kind of a letdown really, as I sorta liked the brief time you team up with him early in the game. I'm skipping that small paragraph regarding chapter 9 for now, if you don't mind. I'm not quite there yet lol.

On the ? Block: Thanks! I'm hoping to do another section of it in a little while. I do agree LEGO are expensive; I was hoping the set would drop in price a little, but some online sleuthing informed me that's an extremely rare occurrence. I've laid off of picking up games for a bit because of it. I believe the next part is when I'll start getting into the themed areas and not just the structure; going by the bricks, I think it'll be Lethal Lava Land.

@Vortexeo That's been par for the course where I live too; January and February tend to be more brutal overall, though there was a cold snap here in December 2020 around Christmas. I did pick up Torna: The Golden Country in the eShop sale awhile back. It'll probably be a little while before I get to it though; with rare exceptions, I usually don't marathon game series in order to avoid fatigue.

@Sunsy I usually bake my salmon; I don't pan fry too often - not a fan of the oily smell afterward - and I don't have a proper grill outside of a small electric one that really only works for meat you can flip. As for rice, I did experiment with brown rice recently, and it turned out well overall. Turns out you're supposed to add more water than the directions though....Glad I caught it in time!

It really warmed up today, which did melt away some of the snow. There's still plenty around though!

@Fizza Yuck, sleet. It definitely isn't fun, but I'll still take that over freezing rain. Looks like you're out of Ireland?

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

WoomyNNYes

@Snatcher @Tasuki While that "help" thread today looked like a kid posting, and the title was annoyingly vague, that new user asked "Are there any free spiderman games I can download on the Switch?". (I think that's verbatim.) Since the switch does have free-to-play games, it's a fair question. I didn't think it looked like begging. (just looked like an annoying kid, all lower caps, etc.)

After gcunit said, "worst. thread. ever". (like comicbook guy from Simpsons<3) four people piled on, assuming the OP was begging, without reading the OP carefully. There wasn't a single constructive reply. But, in the end, I'm not surprised they got purged after that f-bomb in their third thread. And, I wouldn't be shocked if that user had no intention of participating in the forum.

I've skimmed/misread articles & posts myself, too, but I think people made a booboo/accident today.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

Snatcher

@WoomyNNYes I wasn't trying to mock them per say, I was just joking, I said spider man would catch it if you threw it out the window, I didn't think they where begging, not at all, I actually thought they where asking how they could hack it on the switch, so thats my bad LOL.

(They where totally doing comic book guy.)

Edited on by Snatcher

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic