Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 58,241 to 58,260 of 96,541

Sunsy

@MarioLover92 Yeah, I think Sega released a theme for all their systems. IIRC, it was a way to promote the Sega 3D Classics Collection's physical release. I remember the game even came with Sega themed decals you can put onto your 3DS. I don't use stickers, so I just keep them on the sheet they came on (funnily enough, I do this with character stickers, I just keep them on the sheet).

Yeah, it's a good way to market stuff to people who didn't have a Switch yet. Even the Wii U eShop has some of the older Directs that showcase Switch games. I've gotten some of those Tetris 99 themes, I think I got the Mario Party one too. I also like the Super Mario All-Stars and Splatoon one.

Edited on by Sunsy

The resident Trolls superfan! Saw Trolls Band Together via early access and absolutely loved it!

Anti-Matter

Woohoo...! 😃
I got Full Combo and very High score for these two DDR SuperNOVA 2 USA PS2 songs.

AA Full Combo
Untitled

AAA Full Combo
Untitled

Anti-Matter

Joe-b

How do we get Ys 1 on Switch?

Joe-b

MarioVillager92

@Sunsy That's cool. Come to think of it, I think that Genesis theme had one of the Sega CD start-up themes. I think it was the model 2's. I have SNES decal stickers on my laptop, but that's kinda it. I never put them on any of my consoles. That Super Mario All-Stars theme is my favorite one! And it's all because of the nostalgia I have for the game. lol

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

Vortexeo

@Joe-b Man, I hope they bring over all the Ys games to switch but I doubt that will happen unfortunately :/

Add me on switch if you like Xenoblade :)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3720-5613-4522

Sunsy

@MarioLover92 Cool, I didn't know that about the Genesis theme. I just got the Dreamcast one out of nostalgia for the system itself. Had a really nice OS, that was simple and to the point. Used it a few times for music CDs when I didn't have my PC yet and didn't feel like using a portable CD player at home too.

Yeah, I just worry decals will wear out over time and worry about the sticky residue. With decals and stickers, I just keep them on the sheet. It's my favorite too, honestly, I'd dare say Super Mario All-Stars is my favorite SNES Mario over Super Mario World. Remember playing it a lot as a kid, and it's my most played NSO SNES game. Honestly, it feels like the only time I got excited for an NSO SNES offer.

The resident Trolls superfan! Saw Trolls Band Together via early access and absolutely loved it!

MarioVillager92

@Sunsy I literally did the same thing with music CDs, except it was the PlayStation 2. We'd watch DVDs on it as well, of course - not only was the PS2 my first non-Nintendo console, it was also our first DVD player. We stuck with VHS tapes before I got the PS2 as a birthday present!

Ah yeah, stickers are well known for leaving that sticky residue if you peel them off. I had to deal with that when I got used games and stuff, so that was fun, lol.

That's cool. I think I like Super Mario World and All-Stars equally. I was happy to hear that Nintendo would be putting All-Stars on NSO's SNES catalog in time for Super Mario's 35th anniversary, I totally didn't expect them to do that since the original games are on the NES NSO app, but they did! I was just as happy to see Panel de Pon make it in too, even though the whole game's in Japanese. There's still quite a few SNES games that haven't made it to NSO, such as Super Mario RPG and EarthBound.

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

Sunsy

When you need to charge your Switch controller and want to play Mario Kart 8, you break out the Wii U. Had fun and found players playing online, aside from an unusual bug where the game wouldn't quit after the race was over (Peach was driving herself around, had to pause and quit).

Something I found mind-boggling, my Wii remote plus by itself isn't working with this game for some reason. I had to attach a nunchuk to play. Yet, my Wii remote plus works with every other game and menus. Can't seem to find an answer to this either. I just tried it with Super Mario 3D World too, worked fine. Weird oddity.

@MarioLover92 Yeah, the family had a DVD player, though I still bought VHS tapes due to dad owning the DVD player. Once I got my own DVD player, I started getting DVDs.

Plenty of game cases had to get that stuff cleaned off. Thanks GameStop, lol.

I think there was a bundle of the two games together at one point. It was a very nice surprise, it's nice I don't need to pop in the original cart or Wii disc to play it. That's one thing I do like, some of the stuff that hasn't made it over to the US, like the SNES version of Puyo Puyo. Which if I remember, was a Kirby game when it came over here, similar to how Genesis got a Sonic themed one.

BruceCM

I usually just leave the stickers on cases, since I'll usually be trading the game in after finishing.... While pre-orders of new ones don't have the stickers they'd put on the copies that go on shelves

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

Anti-Matter

@Sunsy
Speaking about Wii games, have you ever played Mii games on Wii such as Wii Music (I have created my thread about Wii Music yesterday), Wii Party, Wii Sports Resort, Wii Fit, etc ?

Anti-Matter

MarioVillager92

@Sunsy Ah ok. We had the PS2 in mom's living room when I got it, I would visit her periodically back when I was living with my dad and brother when I was 10. We still had a VCR hooked up until around the mid-to-late 2000s. I still have that same VCR, it's in storage and the last time I used it, it still worked pretty good. Yeah, good ol' GameStop...they sure had a thing for plastering game cases with price stickers! They like selling used copies of games for only a measly $5 off, too.

Yes you're right, they made a version of Super Mario All-Stars that added Super Mario World to the game select menu. That was bundled with the SNES Mario Set back in the day. For SMW, they went and updated Luigi's sprite, which was actually pretty neat. Yeah, I like having many of my favorite SNES games on my Switch, if only for the convenience factor. I think I played that Puyo Puyo game once. I'm not very good at Puyo Puyo though...I'm more of a Panel de Pon guy!

Huh, that's an odd glitch. I think I ran into that once or twice. That Wii Remote thing sounded pretty weird too, pretty sure that it normally supports it on its side, like with Mario Kart Wii.

@Anti-Matter I'm not Sunsy, but I did play a few of those Wii series games. I liked Wii Sports and Wii Sports Resort the best - I was actually thinking of playing one of those for good ol' nostalgia, lol. My mom loved Wii Fit Plus, and Wii Party U was a pretty all right game.

Edited on by MarioVillager92

Anti-Matter

@MarioLover92
Oh, have you ever played Wii Music ?
I have created my thread about Wii Music to discuss about what musical instruments / percussion do you like to use and what songs do you like to play for Custom Jam.
Wii Party, Wii Music and Wii Sports Resort are the best Mii games on Wii.
I wish Nintendo will make another Mii games on Switch as Nintendo shown a sign that they have interest to revive Mii on Switch games.

Anti-Matter

MarioVillager92

@Anti-Matter I never played Wii Music. To be honest, it never interested me.

Anti-Matter

@MarioLover92
Ah... Okay.
Since I am a Rhythm gamer, I have interest with Wii Music and I have experimented with some musical instruments or percussion to create some good Custom Jam.
What Mii games do you like to see in the future?

Anti-Matter

MarioVillager92

@Anti-Matter I'd say a compilation of Wii Sports and Wii Sports Resort for the Switch, with HD graphics and online multiplayer for all the playable sports. Wii Sports Deluxe, if you will.

Sunsy

@Anti-Matter Never played Wii Music, however I have played Wii Sports Resort and Wii Fit Plus. If it counts, Wii Sports, I think most Wii owners played it at one point.

@MarioLover92 Oh ok, we still had a VCR up until at least the mid-to-late 2000s. Mostly by 2007, I was pretty much buying DVDs, aside from one or two cheap VHS tapes of cartoons I've watched, a Tiny Toons VHS and a VHS copy of Dr. Seuss' Daisy Head Maisy, the latter I bought a few years back on DVD. I remember seeing it once when I was little on TV, then never again until I found a VHS copy.

Yeah, I would have to clean it off just to make the case look good, sometimes it takes awhile. The more fun stickers are the ones you peel off, and you see the old price sticker underneath, lol.

Yup, that's the version I was talking about. I remember seeing it on a Mario fansite. I think that's the same with various virtual console games and compilations like the Sonic collections. I like having Sonic 1 on everything, just for the convenience of playing it everywhere, even the officially emulated version on Steam. Cool, I also like Panel de Pon when playing it on NSO.

Yeah, no matter what I did, the Wii remote refused to work for some reason, and I remember playing it with the Wii remote sideways too. I tried a different Wii remote, and it worked fine. However, the Wii remote that didn't work, still worked with a nunchuk in Mario Kart, and I played Skylanders for the past hour with it. So yeah, really weird, nothing wrong with the Wii remote, just an oddity of Mario Kart 8.

I don't play the Wii U version of Mario Kart often, but my Switch controller was charging, so I just played it.

Tyranexx

I'm laying off buying games until next month, due in part that most of last month's and December's entertainment budget went into this:
Untitled
It arrived last week, and I started assembling it this weekend. It's definitely the largest build I've dealt with; I've made it through 5 out of 13 numbered bags so far. It'll be my on/off project for the next week or two. What's left of this month's entertainment budget went to Age of Calamity because I'm an impossible Zelda addict...even if it's a spinoff lol.

Running low on time tonight, but I'll properly respond to everyone and provide an update on XC2 tomorrow evening.

Currently playing: Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch), Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Trials and Tribulations (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Anti-Matter

@MarioLover92
And better the Mii players have proper full body like on Switch if Nintendo want to make Wii Sports Deluxe. The Wii version have not full body design, kinda disappointing.

@Sunsy
During popularity of Wii Sports like games, I found some 3rd party Sports compilation games such as Deca Sports, Kinect Sports, Kinect Adventures, Instant Sports, etc but some of them are mediocre, some of them quite good. What do you think about 3rd party Wii Sports games like ?

Anti-Matter

BruceCM

Post a pic of that when it's all put together, @Tyranexx ... AoC is a great game, too!

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic