Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 57,741 to 57,760 of 96,558

MarioVillager92

@Sunsy Yeah absolutely, I have a ton of graphic tees of all my favorite games, mostly Mario-themed. Guess that's the reason why I haven't been getting that much show recommendations, lol. I did have my cousin recommend some anime to me, particularly My Hero Academia and Black Clover, since I do like watching anime from time to time.

I did get to beat Sonic 1's special stages as well, on stuff like an actual Genesis and Sonic Mega Collection. It was no easy task. The third one was easily the hardest, since there's this big open area, making it really easy to get bumped into the exit by accident. Did all the special stages for Sonic 2, 3 & Knuckles, CD, and Mania, as well. Yeah, Sonic 3's special stages can be quite challenging. There are like one or two those that have me look for the last remaining blue spheres for a minute or so, while the speed gets amplified by a ton. lol

@Snatcher That's great you enjoyed it, my brother liked it back when we had the PS3 back in the day. Yeah, I tried it for a bit and I didn't really care for it personally. Perhaps it's a generational thing or something (I'm about to turn 30 this month), I'm pretty much old-school when it comes to my taste in games, lol.

@Anti-Matter Yeah, I prefer playing games that are, you know, fun. Not necessarily realistic. It's why I just didn't like the newer PlayStation exclusives that I mentioned earlier. With that said, it's perfectly fine if you want to get games for your PS4 and stuff like that, we all have our own tastes after all. Also, didn't you say you wanted to get a Switch OLED? You could do a system transfer from your current console to the new one, as well as doing an island transfer for your ACNH save data.

@Tyranexx Ah goodness, in regards to that cat, that sounds fun. That's cool you saw Kiki's Delivery Service being previewed, when I see it I'll try to let you know what I think. I have a couple Studio Ghibli movies on blu-ray, namely Spirited Away and Princess Mononoke.

@X-Slayer Ah yeah, Power Bounce is a really good badge, especially if you can get the timing down. I remember Huff N. Puff being pretty hard...love the boss music though!

I like taking in scenery in some games too, most notably the Xenoblade games. Those have some gorgeous-looking worlds. The swamp world in DKC2 is Krem Quay.

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

Anti-Matter

@MarioLover92
I still have to wait until December 2022 or year 2023 to upgrade to Switch OLED as on my list, i have a lot of games i have to get first especially the distractor games (games that distract me to get them quickly and changing my initial plans) from Gamecube or PS3 or PS2.
Btw, do you still like to play 3rd party games on old or modern machines ?
I rarely heard from you played other games than 1st party Nintendo games.

Anti-Matter

MarioVillager92

@X-Slayer Yeah, I've played those a lot in my childhood, that's how I remember the names of those worlds, lol. Love the Koopa Bros. battle theme, too.

@Anti-Matter Yes. I like other games like Sonic, Mega Man, the PS1 Crash and Spyro games, Contra, Castlevania, Shovel Knight, Hollow Knight, Cuphead, A Hat in Time, and Blaster Master. I have quite a few third-party games on my Switch, like most of the ones I mentioned. I love old-school arcade games too, Ms. Pac-Man and Galaga are a couple of my favorite ones.

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

Sunsy

@MarioLover92 Yeah, I mostly wear shirts with Poppy from Trolls, Sonic, Peach, Yoshi, Smurfs, My Little Pony, and various Disney ones over the years (if I listed the Disney characters, it could go on and on, lol). I always just guess most figure I watch that sort of stuff more than live action, which I do. Cool, I usually get anime recommendations from a friend, that's about it. Usually someone who knows my taste with shows.

Yeah, those red spheres can get annoying. Sonic 2's special stage can be really hard thanks to Tails, when you collect all the right rings, and then Tails loses some. I remember being really good at the Sonic CD ones, to the point where I got all the time stones multiple times in one go. During the winter season years ago, I would marathon Sonic CD whenever it snowed, even if it was flurries. Don't know why I found playing Sonic CD relaxing while it snowed outside.

BTW, seeing your response to Anti, I love old school arcade games too. Recently played Galaga and the original Pac-Man. Grabbed a bundle with those games during the Steam winter sale. Had them on a Namco Museum Dreamcast collection, so grabbed them for PC for convenience.

Edited on by Sunsy

The resident Trolls superfan! Saw Trolls Band Together via early access and absolutely loved it!

Anti-Matter

@Sunsy
So, i saw Sonic Heroes Gamecube was on sale from my local online shopping website. That was really hard to find game in my country, i will try to get the game after i got my salary.
I knew i still have difficulty with my current Sonic games (Generations PS3, Lost World 3DS) so what do you think about Sonic Heroes for newbie player ?
What is the difference between Sonic Heroes and other 3D Sonic games ?

Anti-Matter

Sunsy

@Anti-Matter Honestly, while I love Sonic Heroes, I think you may find it hard due to difficulty you mention you have with Sonic. It plays similar to Sonic Adventure 2, yet has elements that may make it challenging, like switching characters for example. You'll reach parts where you may need to switch to Tails to fly, or Knuckles to glide and break big blocks. Changing is done via Y and X buttons.

Also, each team has its own difficulty level...
Team Rose (Amy, Cream, Big) - easy
Team Sonic (Sonic, Tails, Knuckles) - medium
Team Dark (Shadow, Rouge, Omega) - hard
Team Chaotix (Charmy, Vector, Espio) - I wouldn't know where to place it, it's mission based

Hope this helps. Maybe someone else who played Sonic Heroes could provide some feedback too, this is based off my own experience with the game.

The resident Trolls superfan! Saw Trolls Band Together via early access and absolutely loved it!

Fizza

@Sunsy Is Sonic Heroes available on PC? I know SA1&2 are so I kind of assumed Heroes was as well, though considering the fact I've heard of next to no mods for it (something the Adventure games have in spades), probably not?

Currently MIA for exams; see you all in a bit! o7
Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: YT1-0Q2-YFF
Please ask for permission before using my FC!
Currently Playing: Mega Man 11 (Switch)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3505-5480-3330 | Twitter:

Sunsy

@Fizza Yeah, but not on Steam, GOG or any other storefront. There was a release of Sonic Heroes in 2004 on two CD-ROMs, it's a very old release. Wouldn't mind if Sega were to re-release it to Steam, just to play it without the hassle of trying to get it running on a newer version of Windows (the old release worked on Windows 98-XP).

WoomyNNYes

@TheJGG Does the Grant Turismo you play have dirt racing? Just a curiousity, since I recall older Grant Turismos having dirt.

@tekoii If you see me on Rocket League, I have my keyboard again, now that I am back home. Although, I barely played RL in the past two weeks, and I think my skills may have regressed (translation, I'm playing like crap-ola). I really need a new training pack to help with wall play, since I'm in this plateau rut.

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

Tyranexx

@NintendoByNature I've been doing some exploring but have been ignoring many (though not all) of the side quests. As much as I loved XC:DE, I became WAAAAY too invested into the side content lol.

@BruceCM (and @TheJGG and @tekoii for that matter) Seems as though NBN and I are at roughly the same spot in the game right now! XD We're chasing Lila around, or rather trying to find out who's controlling her and, by association, Tora's "Daddapon".

@MarioLover92 Looking forward to your impressions on Kiki's Delivery Service! That one has been on my radar for some time, but I just don't get around to watching movies very much these days. The two Ghibli movies I have watched were DVDs I borrowed off of an acquaintance I used to work with. My Neighbor Totoro was pretty good overall, but Spirited Away is my favorite so far.

Currently playing: Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch), Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Trials and Tribulations (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

NintendoByNature

@Tyranexx haha! Same here belive it or not! I feel like the side quests were much more streamlined and fun to do in XC:DE than XC2, but I do some here and there if they're easy.

NintendoByNature

Tyranexx

@NintendoByNature I agree that the side quests were a little more streamlined in XC:DE, though I'd argue that XCX has some of the best side quests of the bunch right now. I've been doing the easier ones too mostly, though I still need to finish the admittedly long quest chain I picked up from Solala on Argentum/Goldmouth.

...I just realized that it's called "Gold"mouth, yet argentum means "silver" in Latin.

Currently playing: Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch), Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Trials and Tribulations (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

MarioVillager92

@Sunsy Nothing wrong with that. I have a few Zelda tees too, as well as one that shows the artwork for Super Metroid. I also have some Sonic shirts.

Ah yeah...good ol' Tails loves to run into bombs in Sonic 2's special stages. He reacts slowly too, like a little less than half a second when you move Sonic. I was fairly decent at the ones in Sonic CD as well. Always liked how they look too, they remind me of F-Zero and Super Mario Kart back on the SNES, albeit at a slower frame rate.

Oh that's cool. I play Pac-Man 99 on occasion too, and amazingly, I got first place during my very first session...though that was my only time as well, lol. I had Namco Museum for the PS2, those had those Arrangement games, most of which I had fun with. Wondering if any of those Namco collections on the Switch are any good. There was an Atari arcade collection on Windows 95/98 that we had too, I'm sure I still have it around somewhere.

@Anti-Matter Sonic Heroes has this team mechanic where you'd have three characters with their own abilities. One is the speed type, another is flying, and another is power. You can swap between them on the fly too, and you're gonna be switching characters quite a bit. It's a decent game overall, it's got some cool ideas like the aforementioned team mechanic, and it has some great music. It controls all right too, though sometimes, they can be slippery.

There's four teams to pick from, but they all go through the same stages as each other, and it's pretty much a difficulty select for three of those four teams. Only Team Chaotix stands out with the different missions for each level. You may want to pick Team Rose when you start playing. Their levels are shorter and generally easier.

@Tyranexx Yeah, I haven't been watching that much movies these days, lol. Spirited Away is amazing for sure, loved Princess Mononoke as well so I'd give that a recommend.

Eel

I love Spirited Away. Though it’s a bit awkward to watch since Chihiro just likes shouting everything she says.

… At least in the Spanish dub.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Anti-Matter

@MarioLover92
About Sonic Heroes, from what i saw from Youtube, the game was in 3rd person view and i really hope i can slowdown their speed (Can i play Sonic games with very slow speed?) as i saw Sonic stages design was designed only for peoples who knew better about Sonic games, not really helping for newbie player who have no idea about Sonic games as i cannot react to dash or smash the boxes or something quickly without identifying what was those objects and what should i do with those obstacles. It's like before i play the game i have to watch from Youtube first so i will not ended up by being clueless and screwed up for what the heck should i do with my Sonic team. I quickly adapted for any general platformer games i have never played before but i still struggle to adapt with Sonic gameplay style.
Btw, wish me luck.
I will get Sonic Heroes Gamecube ASAP.

Edit:
After i saw again from Youtube, what....?!
There were multiple endings from each team.
Do i really have to play them all or just stick only on Team Sonic (the easiest) ?

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

@Sunsy
Well, i will give another try for Sonic Heroes once i get the game.

Anti-Matter

Sunsy

@MarioLover92 Indeed, heh, I'm wearing one I got for Christmas right now. Has Pipp from the new My Little Pony movie. Very cool, most gaming ones I've seen are either Sonic or Mario.

He sure does. I also like the Sonic 3D Blast (Genesis) special stage, it's a similar concept to Sonic 2's, but not on a half pipe. It feels impressive given the Genesis' limited 3D. That's what I like about Sonic CD's special stages, the mode-7 rotation made them fun to play, as long as you don't touch water to run down time.

Congrats, I haven't even gotten 1st in any of the 99 games. Cool, I had the Dreamcast Namco Museum and it even had a mini-game for the VMU where you controlled Pac-Man, and he collected dots from something shooting them, that increased in speed. Fun little arcade-style mini-game. Holy cow, I think I had that same collection at one point. I think it had Centerpede, Asteroids, Battle Zone, and Tempest to name a few.

@Anti-Matter Ok. Again, speed is Sonic's thing, so going fast is kind of expected. Also, Mario Lover pointed something I missed. The control is a bit slippery at times. For example, you can land and Sonic will still run. If you're not prepared, he can fall off a cliff.

If you must know, Team Rose is the easiest. Team Sonic is basically medium difficulty.

MarioVillager92

@Anti-Matter You could somewhat do that, that would give you more time to learn the levels and controls. Though there are a lot of places where you're gonna go super fast, since there's dash panels, loops, corkscrews, and stuff like that. You'll be able to play the levels faster and more efficiently on repeat playthroughs, you'll probably have more fun with Sonic games when that happens.

There's a true final boss if you beat the game with all four teams and get all 7 Chaos Emeralds. It's kind of an asinine task though, because once again, every team has the same levels. (Isn't beating the game once and getting all the emeralds enough, Sonic Team? You've done this since Sonic 3 & Knuckles...) That's really up to you, honestly, it's your copy of the game after all. When I was a kid, I only beat the game as Team Sonic and called it a day.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic