Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 57,721 to 57,740 of 96,481

BruceCM

Glad you're enjoying XC2, @Tyranexx .... Do let me know if you play FFVII, too! I'm sure we can help with anything needed in that

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

Anti-Matter

I felt something different with my gaming mood recently.
My hype with Nintendo Switch slowly decreased as i still worried with my Switch's fan sound.
It made loud noise when playing ACNH in docked but.... it wasn't really noisy when i played Go Vacation in docked mode. šŸ˜•
That was strange...
Added by my motivation to add more Switch games was very low during year 2020 and 2021 (maybe year 2022 still have low motivation too) due to my hype on building PS3 games since December 2019, i slowly switched back to "PlayStation" guy after i played a lot of PS3, PS2 and PS4 games during pandemic, but i still do care with my other Nintendo games.
It just i lost motivation to add many Switch games lately.

Question for all of you.
Have you ever lost some gaming appetite or your interest in certain video game machines due to something else that stole your attention ?

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

Zuljaras

Anti-Matter wrote:

Question for all of you.
Have you ever lost some gaming appetite or your interest in certain video game machines due to something else that stole your attention ?

Nope. Ever since the NES when I started gaming I have never felt any gaming fatigue. Even worse it is getting stronger.

The only things I "worry" now are if games will have a physical release or if a new hardware revision will be available that makes the older one less appealing and makes me regret my purchase

Stupid stuff like that

jedgamesguy

We had a bit of a COVID scare yesterday. Someone from the upper class tested positive and I got identified as a close contact. After getting a PCR and isolating in the video game room for ten hours, I was relieved to find my test came back negative. Although I haven't missed much, being negative won't undo all the hassle and stress from the time of the test. What a day.

@Zuljaras As it happens, No Way Home was the only Spider-Man film I remember watching from start to finish, let alone in cinemas. First few movies from Raimi's trilogy I remember watching as a kid but... I never got into the Webb duology, and flat-out didn't care about the first two Tom Holland ones. I'm very happy I took the chance on this one though, I felt like it was gonna be at least a fun but formulaic and predictable movie but even then I was wrong. It was a fun, intelligent movie that kept me guessing every time.

Didn't see the post-credits but read Michael Mando was in it. I haven't even played Far Cry (not for me), only saw the meme with him and Christopher Mintz-Plasse.

@Fizza Precisely. The duality of Green Goblin with Norman Osborn was the most compelling thing about the character for me. I like how he immediately smashed the Goblin mask when entering 01's universe, meaning we'd see more of the grotesqueries of the character. The callbacks were so good even I, a casual fan with no true understanding of the films, got them. The lines from the other Spider-Men were superb. The back crack, the ā€œIā€™m something of a scientist myself,ā€ā€¦ perfect.

@Snatcher Donā€™t worry too hard and youā€™ll enjoy the movie. That strategy worked well enough for me while I was trying to avoid spoilers. All in all, the only way to get spoiled is to do something incredibly stupid.

@Sunsy I imagined you had, so my bad. Hopefully you enjoy Encanto when the time eventually comes, I thought it was quality, Luca similarly. As for Turning Red, Iā€™m really on the fence about that one. It feels like such a strange Luca-esque movie that feels like itā€™s trying way too hard. Iā€™ll obviously wait until I say more.

@Tyranexx I changed my mind (in terms of speed-up mode and ā€œgodā€ mode). Iā€™m just in it (for FF7 at least) for the concept of the original, to see what made it so good and how parts of it can be compared to the Remake. Iā€™m gonna crack on either way. Addressing your Xenoblade 2 commentary;

• Reason I said Niaā€™s my second favourite character at the time was because you didnā€™t run into Zeke, who is actually No. 2. Really charming guy, reminds me of me a little with how utterly hapless and reckless he is. Heā€™s a decent party member from experience, with some fun Arts. His voice actingā€™s terrific too.
  • Aaaaahh, you didnā€™t even get to the stomach! Yeah, that was more what I was thinking of when I was talking about Uraya. That whole area is so pretty, Iā€™m just a little mad the game doesnā€™t have a photo mode.
  • Vandhamā€™s death was a shame. Iā€™m glad it happened, as it raised the emotional weight of the scene, but Rexā€¦ being a teen, is frustratingly naive and brash, trying to exact instant revenge and nearly paying the price. Mythraā€™s attitude was pretty awful though, so she made a pretty rubbish first impression for me!
  • When you put the Flesh Eaters like that, I agree, it was very well thought out. I believe only Flesh Eater Blades can ā€œdriveā€ other Blades, since they have part of a ā€œhuman heartā€. Tell me, what would be the opposite?
  • Itā€™s a slow burn but it can and will get good. Chapters 4 and 5 were part of said slow burn though. Thanks for the update!

Currently playing:
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114

Snatcher

@TheJGG The only thing I got spoiled on was the one thing thats not really a spoiler, I saw a little bit of leaked footage before it came out. No worry's as I said, its not really a spoiler.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outsideā€¦you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but Iā€™m very much alive!

Sunsy

Anti-Matter wrote:

Question for all of you.

Sometimes if I play one particular game for weeks and months on end, I do get eventually get tired of it. Not tired of gaming, I can always play another video game, then come back to the game I get tired of later on. Unless it's a favorite I can keep playing no matter what. Trying to have variety in what I play is usually a good thing.

@TheJGG It's alright, I am planning to watch Encanto eventually. Alrighty, I'm looking forward to Turning Red. Seems to be the latest in movies going to streaming, and skipping theaters. May consider upgrading to the Hulu Disney+ bundle for a month to watch it, or just wait for the Blu-Ray/DVD release if there is one (if they did it for Luca, I'm guessing it will happen with Turning Red too).

Edited on by Sunsy

The resident Trolls superfan! Saw Trolls Band Together via early access and absolutely loved it!

MarioVillager92

@Tyranexx Ah yeah, that sounds rough...we had a cat who wasn't so nice to my dad at the time, but she was nice to me and mom. She was fixed, IIRC, so she didn't like having her belly touched.

Hopefully I'll get to watch Encanto soon. Though, I've been kind of busy with putting away decorations today, lol. Oh speaking of Studio Ghibli movies, I'm hoping to get Kiki's Delivery Service as a birthday present! Been wanting to see it for a while.

@Sunsy I haven't been having people convince me to watch any particular show either, at least not recently. Mainly because I'm not that huge into TV shows to begin with. I did have someone in college telling me about Death Note (the anime), which I did see and I liked it.

Ah ok, that's good. Yeah, the special stages can be pretty hard at points, and in say, Sonic 1 for instance, all you get is a better ending. I don't like Sonic 1's special stages either, most of the time I get bumped around all over the place and accidentally making the maze rotate at a faster speed. I did catch some of those Nintendo Directs on the Wii U eShop at one time as well, yeah they're pretty much all the older ones.

@Anti-Matter I kind of felt a similar situation, I used to like PlayStation games back when the PS2 was out, then I tried out stuff like Uncharted and God of War (the PS4 game). I never got into those, they felt way more like interactive live-action movies than games to me. Which was pretty much the reason I couldn't really justify myself getting a PS4, and stuck with the 3DS, Wii U, and now the Switch and PC. I still love Nintendo's games, obviously, that's something I'm not giving up anytime soon.

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

Sunsy

Watched Oliver and Company tonight. It's been awhile since seeing this one, still one of my favorites.

@MarioLover92 Yeah, the only people who asked me to watch shows are close friends and family. Otherwise, most just don't bother me with it. I think they see the character on my shirt, and just don't bother me with recommendations since it says the kind of cartoons and movies (or games in the case of my Peach and Sonic shirts, lol) I like.

The funniest part about the Sonic 1 special stages, I actually beaten them and got all the emeralds for the first time in the GBA port of all things. Same with the iOS port too. I guess the save function both versions have were a big help. I was successful at Sonic 3's special stages several times on the original Windows 95 release, and on Sonic Mega Collection. Which I always thought were the hardest as a kid.

Yeah. In a way, all those and the Nintendo Channel feels like early versions of what would become the News section on the Switch menu. I notice Directs appear there too, even if it's not live. I usually watch them live via YouTube on Switch.

Edited on by Sunsy

The resident Trolls superfan! Saw Trolls Band Together via early access and absolutely loved it!

Snatcher

@MarioLover92 Thats actually just why I love Uncharted, Sucks you didn't like it tho.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outsideā€¦you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

Anti-Matter

@MarioLover92
Well, as i built my PS3, PS4 and PS2 games during year 2020 - 2021, i picked a lot of 3rd party games since i like to try some never before played 3rd party games and the games i picked are always the games for kids. I have played some Disney games on PS3 such as Up (quite good), Bolt (Blah, very hard at the end part), Hannah Montana the movie (a little bit boring but still fine), Toy Story 3 (fair good), Cars 2 (boring but still promising), Disney Universe (tedious but easy to play).
And some 3rd party games on PS3 that i have good impression after played such as Mini Ninjas, Skylanders games, Tintin, Ni no Kuni (also on PS4 & Switch but i picked the PS3 version).

And for PS4 games, i picked the 3rd party multi console games such as Portal Knights, Dragon Quest Builders 2, Team Sonic Racing, My Universe games, Paw Patrol Mighty Pups, Yonder the Cloud Catcher Chronicles, etc as i still prefer to get the PS4 version than Switch version for some reasons (better retail box design, my intention to build more PS4 games with a lot of 3rd party games to match with my other PlayStation games quantity i have).
I don't play ultra realistic graphic PS4 games as it will take a lot of Gigabyte for installation and i never like rated M ultra realistic games. We are in the same boat for this case.

This year i have a lot of distraction, from rare USA Gamecube games on sale from my local online shopping website, some cheap hard to find PS3 games for kids, the upcoming PS4 games that i have to pick quickly, a few PS2 games that i really want to play so bad. So many distraction, tough choice to pick which games should i have to get first.
My target during this year is quickly get as many PS3 games i can pick from Tokopedia as possible.
I almost forget thinking about adding more Switch games with so many distraction from other machine games as they are more temptating to get first than some upcoming Switch games.

Oh, the reason i was in the mood to get more PS3 games until this year because as i have ever getting some PS3 games during year 2013 for the first time and have to sell all my PS3 games due to financial crisis in year 2015, to able getting PS3 games again in the beginning of year 2020 was like a big redemption after i was unable to get PS3 machine in year 2014 due to certain reason and finally i could get PS3 machine by the end of year 2019 from my local game shop.
And for PS4 case, it was a transformation of my attitude with PS4 in the past from hating for no reason now i like my PS4 as equal as my other machines.

I will try to get some motivation to add more Switch games during this year.

Anti-Matter

Tyranexx

Played a little more of XC2 yesterday evening and about 30 minutes worth earlier. Nothing much to speak of besides the fact that the game REALLY goes off on a tangent with those Gormotti orphans and the bandits. It's great that Rex and the others want to help and all, but I feel like this should've been a grand branching side quest instead of part of the main plot. After all that, I'm finally in Mor Ardain trying to find a way to Indol. I stopped just before entering the capitol.

(Tagging @tekoii since all other relevant parties are tagged below)

@BruceCM I definitely am! Hoping to dive into more of the game after my internet rounds and shower. Appreciate the offer of help on Final Fantasy VII, though I suspect it'll be quite a while before I buy the game, much less play it. XD I want to get to some of my other backlogged FFs first. X is still towards the top of the list.

@TheJGG First of all, I'm glad you tested negative for COVID. I've been lucky to not have it so far (that I know of), but I can certainly relate on the schedule upset. I've wasted chunks of two Saturday mornings not too long ago getting tested and evaluated. Though the first time was because I presented with cold-like symptoms (just a cold thankfully).

On your XC2 commentary:

• In that case, I'm looking forward to seeing more of Zeke! The game has already established him as a unique character. Same with his Blade lol. Love the VA work as well.
  • Before the stomach, I was referring to the falling glitter-like effect earlier on. Plus, I do like how they beautified Uraya's cave system up to that point too. The stomach though...that blew me away. I daresay that area is this game's Satorl Marsh!
  • Vandham's death was pretty well done IMO, plus I'm sure that's how he would've preferred to go out, being a passionate merc. I wanted to reach through the screen and slap Rex during that scene; I get the emotional implications, but when someone lays down their life for you, follow their instructions darn it! XD
  • Mythra hasn't made the best first impression IMO, but I suspect she'll be subject to more character development. I did find the scene where she apparently sleepwalked into the guys' room hilarious (plus I loved Dromarch's night cap lol) albeit VERY trope-y. Poor Rex.
  • That would make sense that Flesh Eaters can be Drivers in that case. As for the opposite....My tired brain suspects this is a hint, but I'm not sure it's going in the right direction. The opposite of a human heart...maybe that of a machine or one who lacks humanity?
  • I'm certainly invested now, though the warnings about chapters 4 and 5 are appreciated. No prob on the update!

@MarioLover92 I don't know if she had a bad vet experience or if something stressed her out or what, but she also had a habit of doing her business in random places long after she was house trained. I think it was out of spite or annoyance about something. Drove my aunt and uncle crazy.

I highly recommend Encanto. Definitely a very good tale with relatable characters. I've wanted to see Kiki's Delivery Service ever since it was previewed on a Disney movie I used to have. And I STILL haven't watched it. XD

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

NintendoByNature

@Tyranexx you're creeping up on me then. I'm just about 5 or so hours ahead. I am taking my time with It though. Not so much in side quests, but exploring every nook and cranny of the map where I can.

NintendoByNature

Anti-Matter

@NeonPizza
Sounds like a fanboy if i can say.
Maybe he haven't opened his heart to accept something different, the niche or the unpopular games.
I expanded my gaming horizons by trying Ratchet & Clank games, Minecraft style games from Portal Knights + Dragon Quest Builders 2, playing some not so popular Western cartoon games on PS3, something that i have never played before like it was a baby step for me to come out from my comfort zone a little bit but still not breaking my gaming rules.

Btw, give him some pop quiz about other Nintendo IP and tell to him if those other games are also Nintendo games, not just only Mario and Zelda.
If he still not open his heart to accept something different, well... pity of him.
Maybe he is too cool to play other games.

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

Snatcher

@NeonPizza Ya I don't think you can talk to someone like that about gaming, does he know the playstation would have never been a thing, had the deal with Nintendo and sony worked out?

He doesn't sound like he cares about your opinion, nor would ever take the time to find out, Thats a hard stuck playstation fanboy alright.

Sorry you feel like you can't talk about games around your friend.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic