Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 57,701 to 57,720 of 96,323

Anti-Matter

I'm playing Ni no Kuni PS3 right now and have finished the trials at Temple of Trials.
But something bothering me about Supreme Sage Solomon.
He has looking like Mojo Jojo (Power Puff Girls) and he has really bad mouth by keep saying "stupid" / "rubbish" into his speech like he is very arrogant. He might be a supreme sage but his speech was not cute.
I don't like that guy once he keep insulting everyone with negative words and surprisingly even Oliver / Esther didn't even mind with his insult.
And he didn't even say thank you but insult those two kids by "Shut up and get lost !" after finishing explaining about Metamorphosis.
Now i really don't like that guy at all. šŸ¤Ø
He just such an insolent guy.

Well, i will keep going with my progress.
A little bit rant from me about that guy.

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

Fizza

@BruceCM Sorry if my post vanished, I just moved it to the Unpopular Opinions thread since I felt it fit there better. To answer your question, I've heard many things about Avengers over the last year, both very good and very bad. There's actually a really good video on why Avengers is so confuddling at points by Matt McMuscles. It's part of his series where he documents parts of the video game and film industry where things went very south at points during the development of them, here's the Avengers one to show what I mean:

Currently MIA for exams; see you all in a bit! o7
Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: YT1-0Q2-YFF
Please ask for permission before using my FC!
Currently Playing: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3505-5480-3330 | Twitter:

BruceCM

That's OK, @Fizza ..... Avengers was never aimed at me, anyway, so I'm not the best judge! I do remember hearing that the campaign part was good, it just got rather tedious for the actual online side

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

Sunsy

@TheJGG I still have to see Encanto, after seeing the price of it on digital, I'm going to just wait for the Blu-Ray/DVD pack as for $5 more, I get two formats and digital. Looking forward to it. I don't have Disney+ yet, I have Luca on Blu-Ray/DVD.

Speaking of animated movies, Turning Red is skipping theaters for Disney+. I feel bad for anyone wanting to see it in a theater, I was devastated when Trolls World Tour ended up skipping theaters. Even had a then new Poppy shirt and plush for the day too.

Like everyone else, I ended up renting it on digital after three years of waiting (I still remember when it was called Trolls 2). Even though $20 was a high price, I still had plans to see it anyway and there was no other option, whereas Encanto had a theatrical release and is now on Disney+.

Though, it did get me started with digital rentals, recently rented Clifford the Big Red Dog.

@Snatcher Thanks, hope your day is amazing too. So far, it's good, I had some breakfast, now drinking hot cocoa and watching the first Trolls movie.

The resident Trolls superfan! Saw Trolls Band Together via early access and absolutely loved it!

Anti-Matter

Phew...
I have finished all the mission in Disney Universe PS3.
It just only a half journey because in order to unlock all the Disney outfits, you have to replay the same place again to unlock the other half part.
To finish part 1 / 2 / 3 of each world was really tedious. It took approximate 10 minutes to finish the first part before proceed to the second part until the third part was rescued one Disney character.
Three sub worlds for 1 level and it took 30 - 40 minutes to finish.
I was literally almost fallen asleep to finish the task given, it was really... Tedious. šŸ˜‘
I gave it 5 /10 for put me in asleep during playing.
Not a bad game but tedious and boring.
I still have another half part to be finished 100%, i will try to replay the same places to unlock the other outfits when i'm in the mood to play Disney Universe again.

Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

@Sunsy
I saw Disney+ from PS4 Store.
How do i subscribe Disney+ from PS4 ?
How much money i have to pay to subscribe Disney+ ?
And after i paid, how do i enjoy the movies from Disney+ on my PS4 ?

Oh, sorry. I think you don't have PS4 but i think the way you subscribed Disney+ on other platform was kinda similar.

Anti-Matter

MarioVillager92

@Sunsy Ah yeah I still remember those, I had Super Mario Bros. from that Classic NES Series line. Though I no longer have it. Which is fine with me, I have plenty of other ways to play the original SMB anyway. lol

Absolutely, I'm really glad they had backwards compatibility on the 3DS. At least with their handhelds, Nintendo's been generally pretty good with providing just that. I still have a lot of those DS games, I even went ahead and did a casual playthrough of New Super Mario Bros.

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

Sunsy

@Anti-Matter Afraid I wouldn't know. All I have are Nintendo systems and PC. I'd assume it's like Hulu. I sign up via PC, then just log-in on the app. I never signed up for streaming via a console before. Sorry.

@MarioLover92 Indeed, it's like Sonic 1 or classic Doom. They can be played just about anywhere, in SMB's case, most Nintendo systems on either NSO, virtual consoles, or re-releases (I have Super Mario All-Stars on Wii, albeit the Nintendo Selects version).

Cool, awhile back I was playing Sonic Colors DS and Rush Adventure. Just wish they did that more. I like being able to play Wii games on my Wii U, then play them in the living room where my Wii is setup. Having the Wii in the living room setup is handy when I have to wait for laundry, or long cooking, and want to play Sonic or Super Mario 3, or something.

The resident Trolls superfan! Saw Trolls Band Together via early access and absolutely loved it!

Anti-Matter

@MarioLover92
Oh, i want to reply your answer about Megaman Star Force on This or That thread, um... It was sad to see Megaman Star Force didn't really get great feedbacks from the fans as i personally like the armor design of Star Force from head to toe and with storyline concept about surfing in electromagnet wave. I wonder what make Star Force was the least favorite by Megaman fans (both games and anime) ?
I was so lucky to get one Rockman Star Force Pegasus NDS (I said Rockman because i got the Japanese version of Star Force Pegasus) from Tokopedia with very cheap price.

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

MarioVillager92

@Sunsy Nice! It's been a while since I played the Sonic Rush games, though I did get very close to finishing the first two, but never did. I could never beat the final bosses, and the last Chaos Emerald in the first Sonic Rush was really hard to get. I never had Sonic Colors for the DS though, I only have the Wii version. I did get to play the demo of Colors DS via the Wii's Nintendo Channel over a decade ago, at least.

@Anti-Matter For Mega Man Star Force, I was really only talking about the gameplay and stuff. More specifically its battle system, I somehow found it more limiting compared to the Mega Man Battle Network games on the GBA. I will admit that I only played the first MMSF, and it's been years since I played it. I don't have it anymore, however. I'll also admit that Mega Man's character design in the MMSF series is pretty cool - I only wish I liked the games themselves more. If you're getting enjoyment from the game, that's great, more power to you.

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

Tyranexx

Fairly lax weekend for a change, so I'm spending it at home doing some cleaning I put off (VERY busy December) and getting some of my "beginning of the year" stuff squared away. New budget, house wishlist, etc.

This is also preliminary, but I might also be going on a weekend trip next month with my siblings. Still working out the details.

@BruceCM I'm not sure if it was in an article or an opinion piece or even a theory, but somehow the magic number of 3 entered my head there. XD Who knows? It's Square Enix lol.

@MarioLover92 One of my aunt's cats used to be a real piece of work. The male was sweet if a bit too rough with playtime, but the female...oy. She's mellowed out a little these days. She was sweet as a kitten, but....I don't know if it had to do with her spaying or what, but that cat was an almighty rip when I used to care for my aunt and uncle's pets when they traveled. The rest of the animals were fine; they also had an outdoor cat and two outdoor dogs at the time. I was never unpleasant to her and took care of her as instructed. Though she always has been particular about who can touch her.

On the encouragement: You're welcome!

@Anti-Matter Ni No Kuni sounds a little like how the Dragon Quest titles are laid out, particularly V/5 since that game has a monster recruitment system; if I recall, the original SNES title is one of the earliest examples of monster recruiting/capturing in games. It'll be interesting for me to see how Ni No Kuni uses its monster system. As for the cutscenes, I suspect that may have something to do with the game's optimization? I haven't played it on other platforms, so I can't say for sure.

@TheJGG In that case, it's good that I'll very likely play the original FF VII first. I admit I'll probably abuse the speed-up mode a lot. While I love JRPGs, some of them can get quite long in the tooth. Have fun going after that crazy infamous Sephiroth guy!

I'm...particular about my horror, though I think we've had that discussion before. Suffice it to say that the type of atmosphere and "horror" Metroid is known for is definitely my style. It's eerie and/or frantic enough to get the pulse pounding. There are certainly some tense moments in previous games in the series, such as in Super Metroid and Metroid Fusion. Though overall I'd call the entire series an action/adventure platformer, even many of the 3D titles. I've heard Dread is even better than Samus Returns on the 3DS, which I did play; I'm sure MercurySteam has honed their craft and delivered a more polished game.

As for Nia's accent...Thanks for the compliment, but I admit I was originally stuck between Welsh and Scottish until I looked up the actress. She's one of my favorite characters in the game, snarky and sassy, but definitely compassionate in her own way.

@tekoii, @TheJGG, @BruceCM Brief rundown of where I'm at in XC2 since I've had a couple decent sessions as of this writing. Spoilers ahoy!

• Met Zeke and his Blade on the way to Fonsa Myma. He's...definitely a character. I suspect we haven't seen the last of him. Not the least because I found what I think is Pandoria's silhouette in the Blade Encyclopedia. XD
  • I thought Uraya was beautiful before, but WOW...all these beautiful trees, pools and other features in the stomach! Fonsa Myma itself is pretty impressive too.
  • Torna clearly has no qualms with kidnapping children. I admit, I didn't expect the ensuing scenes and story dump, though Vandham's death was a blow. I sorta suspected it since he couldn't resonate with any Blades, but when was up in the air until now.
  • Side note: I feel nothing for Akhos losing Obrona. Arrogant smarmy [CENSORED].
  • Still processing the whole Pyra/Mythra thing (HUGE info dump, good thing that came this morning after a good night's sleep), not to mention that Malos is a Blade and another Aegis!
  • It's interesting that 1. Blades can actually use other Blades, and 2. Blades fused with human DNA, AKA Flesh Eaters, are a thing. Kinda makes me wonder if Cole/Minoth's granddaughter Iona is technically human; I'd assumed she was Ardainian until that bombshell.

The plot has definitely become more interesting. I admit, I wasn't the most invested until this point. Both XC:DE and XCX sank their hooks into me pretty quickly, but this one is more of a slow burn. Not too unlike my experience with Ys VIII's plot. Off to Indol next!

Edited on by Tyranexx

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Eel

After a long time of being pestered by my brother about it, I finally decided to watch The Office.

Itā€™s been fun.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

NintendoByNature

@Eel that's one I've often been pestered about too. As well as breaking bad among a couple others. I'm one of those wierd people that avoids popular shows everyone tells me to watch. I like discovering on my own or rewatching old shows like family guy, married with children, or some food show. I'm not a deep thinker haha.

NintendoByNature

Snatcher

@Eel Only watched a few episodes, But man is it a funny show.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outsideā€¦you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but Iā€™m very much alive!

Eel

Thereā€™s been a certain level of ā€œsecond hand embarrassmentā€ humor, which Iā€™m not a fan of, but Iā€™m liking the characters and most of the jokes.

Bloop.

Anti-Matter

@Tyranexx
All the Ghibli anime have around 15 - 20 fps movement if you look at them carefully.
I mean the Ghibli style that differ from other anime.

Anti-Matter

Sunsy

That's one thing about me, people usually don't pester me about watching shows. Maybe because the character shirts I wear kind of gives away the kind of shows and movies I like, so I guess most figure that I tend to watch mostly family friendly cartoons and animation. I do watch some live action shows.

@MarioLover92 Confession, I don't think I ever got all the emeralds in any of the Sonic Rush games. Most of the time, I enjoy playing them. I miss that Nintendo Channel, I downloaded lots of demos to try on DS, and watched a lot of the video features on there too. I got reminded the other day from a friend, they had some of the Directs on the eShop for both Wii U and 3DS (though, not the most recent).

Edited on by Sunsy

Tyranexx

@Anti-Matter Ah, so that's normal. I admit I need to catch up on Studio Ghibli films. There are plenty I want to see, but so far I've only watched Spirited Away and My Neighbor Totoro. Towards the top of my watch list would be Ponyo, Princess Mononoke, Grave of the Fireflies, and Kiki's Delivery Service.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Eel

Woah. I spent the whole day binge watching (or listening toā€¦) The Office, in Spanish. I then decided to watch a short YouTube video in English and somehow I had this weird feeling of unfamiliarity.

I think I accidentally turned the English listening part of my brain off.

Either that or watching a tv show for over 8 hours straight fried my brain a little.

Bloop.

Zuljaras

@Eel I too watched the Office last year for the first time and I loved it!

The best parts were with Michael. And I loved the "offensive" humor that it is so rare to see nowadays.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic