Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 57,681 to 57,700 of 96,490

MarioVillager92

@Sunsy Ah I just remembered something, my DS Lite had a dead pixel but I do remember the touch screen working fine. I no longer have it though. We had the original DS from all the way back in 2004 (which my younger brother plastered with Pokemon stickers, lol), and its touch screen eventually broke. I don't think it even works anymore, either.

@tekoii Will do. Hopefully I won't be too busy.

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

Sunsy

@tekoii Yeah, between the games I got and few Trolls things, I'm pretty happy with my gifts. It did remind me of the time I gave my brother Halo 4 for Christmas, surprised him with a special edition of the game. I was expecting the standard version of SMT V. No problem, it was a good video game movie.

@Fizza Nah, that doesn't anger me. If you like slice of life or want to try something from the "cute girls doing cute things" genre, I can recommend Is The Order A Rabbit and Kinmoza (or Kiniro Mosaic). If you want something a little more action packed, maybe A Certain Scientific Railgun and Girls und Panzer. I've enjoyed these, so recommending them.

The resident Trolls superfan! Saw Trolls Band Together via early access and absolutely loved it!

BruceCM

I haven't watched any anime series, @Fizza .... So, you're doing better than me, lol How about films, though? The original Ghost in the Shell is the only 1 I remember other than FF ones

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

Anti-Matter

@Fizza
I like to watch Sailor Moon anime when i was grade 6 student back on year 1995, i could watch the series from my local TV channel with Indonesian dubbing.
My favorite was Sailor Moon S (season 3) as the enemy was Death Busters team with Prof Tomoe + Kaolinite + Witches 5 (Eudial, Mimette, Tellu, Viluy, Cyprine + Ptilol) + Hotaru as Mistress 9 + Pharaoh 90 + Daimon monsters.

The other anime i have ever watched during 90's era was Mr. Ajikko, a cooking competition anime with hyperbolic reaction of food tasting during judging.

I like to watch slice of life type anime with mild contents for everyone from Fancy Lala. An anime about young girl who can transform into a teen girl with magical pen (similar as Minky Momo) and she get a part time job as a singer and model.

Also, i like to watch Yokai Watch anime despite there are some episodes i didn't like due to different art style (Gegege no Kitaro style) for short segments.

Anti-Matter

Fizza

@Anti-Matter I've seen so much about Sailor Moon, it looks so vintage it's amazing, definitely have to check it out.
Also, I actually remember watching that Yo Kai Watch show when it was on Cartoon Network years ago, back when I was heavily obsessed with the source material. It was pretty good from what I can remember, might have to give it a rewatch honestly. I might even check out the Japan-exclusive movies at some point on Youtube or something, those had some really cool animation.

Currently MIA for exams; see you all in a bit! o7
Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: YT1-0Q2-YFF
Please ask for permission before using my FC!
Currently Playing: Castlevania Bloodlines (Mega Drive)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3505-5480-3330 | Twitter:

Solaine

@Blackrosewaifu9000 lol, the intensity of your comments changed in a great line with your profile pic!

"on a scale of 1 to 10, she's an 11, and she'd give herself a 12" ~The Burst, Furi

Sunsy

I can't be the only one who has this problem with ads and typing. I'm typing, ad changes, and cursor disappears leading me to type space and it scrolls down. I usually keep ads enabled here and on sites I use regularly, only using ad block in event of something malicious while looking up something.

@MarioLover92 I remember the dead pixel on my GBA SP, specifically when I got a AGS-101 model. Nintendo customer service was nice enough to replace my system as it was distracting me. Sorry to hear your original DS broke, I still have my original DS too, and it does work.

@Fizza I would second Sailor Moon, it's a classic series.

The resident Trolls superfan! Saw Trolls Band Together via early access and absolutely loved it!

MarioVillager92

@Sunsy I have the same problem! Every time I type with adblock turned off, the ads change and it disables my typing indent. I would press the space bar while I think I'm typing my post, which causes the page to scroll down by accident. I did email the guys at Nintendo Life about it a couple months ago.

Oh that's awesome to hear they replaced your GBA SP. I never got the AGS-101 myself, I do have the NES edition and it still works great, but its battery life has been shortened by quite a lot. It's ok - I have my New 3DS XL anyway and it's still in working order.

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

Sunsy

@MarioLover92 Good to see I'm not the only one with this problem.

Yeah, they've always had good customer service whenever I called them up. Cool, I remember those NES edition GBAs, I remember they were promoting the Classic NES Series games with it. I have Ice Climbers and Dr. Mario from that series. Yeah, battery age, it's also why I keep my old AA battery powered GBA as a spare. That's good, backwards compatability is always a good thing for those DS games.

Anti-Matter

I played my two GBA games on NDS Lite machine.
I got the Pink color Love and Berry edition NDS Lite 5 years ago LOL. (I bought it in January 2017)

Anti-Matter

jedgamesguy

Sorry for the later replies, I was a little busy the last few days. Yesterday I finally watched Spider-Man: No Way Home and what I saw was mind-blowing. I had no idea the movie would be as good as it was even after so much positive word-of-mouth from friends that I got a little worried it wouldn’t live up to the hype. Well… it justified the hype.

@Zuljaras The scene you mentioned has a bit of a bittersweet note now that I saw it. I’m glad the movie follows the traditional Spider-Man ethos of actions having consequences. Tom Holland always had plot armour.

I wrote this to a friend so I may as well paste it here behind spoiler bars. See if you agree. As reviewers likely said, Andrew Garfield and Willem Da-Foe stole the show. God he (Dafoe) was good. He was probably executed better in this film than his own film. I watched a video review of it and I realised why it was so good. It was very free of the usual Marvel formula. No political agenda, no diversity casting choices, no overplayed feminist messages, no ruining older characters... it was just... wonderful. This was Tom Holland's best performance in any movie, ever IMO. I didn't like his Spider-Man at all before but this movie turned it around. He showed the character's insecurity, vulnerability and darkness. Plus, Maguire and Garfield weren't just cameos, they actually had relevance to TH's development. And last of all; the plot as you say was superb. I did know about May’s death but it was still very emotional. Loved the poignant scenes with all three Spider-Men, they were really honest and didn't get interrupted with action. And the movie had STAKES!

Precisely, @Losermagnet. I've been aiming to maximise my goings-out since the pandemic started, so here's hoping everything holds out for another two weeks or so. I'm not in the UK, I'm in the Middle East. Any hacker would know by now by tracking my IP address but it's worth mentioning anyway. The colder weather makes viruses more transmissible but it's nowhere near US or Europe levels of cold. Minimum we'd get is 12-13 Celsius, or around 60 degrees Fahrenheit.

I'm interested in tech but not in a "hardware modifying" kind of way. The references in-game were techy enough for me to recognise though, and that game was packed with secrets, references and Easter eggs. Truly a delight to play through.

@Vortexeo No problem, thanks for giving it a listen! I remember falling in love with that song as soon as I got to it in-game, so I'm happy I was able to do it well. I've put it on loop a few times too, not gonna lie. As for my birthday (thank you for the wishes!) I have nothing yet. I don't mind if we just eat cake on the day but maybe we'll go to the beach. Maybe karting but I'm a little hesitant because of how expensive it is.

@Sunsy I loved Encanto when I saw it a few weeks ago, so join the club. Bruno's musical number was catchy to the point it stuck in my head for days.

@Tyranexx I admit the piecemeal nature of some of the game’s progression put me off a little but overall the game’s been fun. I would have loved it at the time, but especially because I played the Remake first, less so today. You’re right about the Remake being the Midgar portion, it may or may not be a whole third of the full thing though. I just cleared the Midgar section, actually. It was billed as six hours by most but because I used the speed-up mode plus “super-power” mode, it took me just under four hours. Standing in the open world for the first time was just wonderful. Can’t wait to start chasing Sephiroth around the world.

I admit, horror’s not my thing. So I knew I’d have a hard time with the EMMI parts of Metroid Dread. Nothing’s changed in terms of mindset, but ironically I like the freeform exploration segments more than the chases, though I can understand people liking the rush. But for what it’s worth, I can’t put my finger on it but the game just feels so polished and bespoke.

Nia’s accent is just awesome. That’s one upside of NoE’s localisation, they have some diverse accents to choose from. I didn’t even know what her accent was until I learned it was Welsh, so good on you for having more insight than me! For sure she’s one of my favourite characters in the game, next to Pyra at least, she’s really snarky and sassy, but on the sensitive side too.

Currently playing:
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114

Zuljaras

@TheJGG I agree!

They even fixed Electro's look from blue to yellow. Did you notice when the materialised the iconic yellow lightnings around his face?

I agree to everything you posted in rhe spiler tag

I am sure there will be more Spider-Man with Holland! Let's not forget about scorpion from the first movie that is in prison with Vulture. And I was pleasantly surprised that is was Mando the actor that played Vaas from Far Cry 3!

I need to find Miles Morales for the PS4 soon!

Fizza

@TheJGG This was Dafoe's first role since The Lighthouse, right? He's been on a bloody streak of performances then if that's the case (especially him carrying the bizarre mind**** that was Twelve Minutes). I especially liked his expressions and energy as the Goblin, and seeing him switch from being this deplorable hellhole of a person to a terrified, genuinely remorseful soul was amazing.

I also agree with Garfield being fantastic. I may have... reservations with his movies to put it mildly, but he himself is a very good Spider-Man and deserved more than what he got back in 2011/12. I love how they gave insight as to what happened to him after... you know, making him feel a lot more believable and tragic, completely separate to the other Spider-Men (god this is going to get so much weirder as time goes by). The scene where he gets redemption for what happened with Gwen by saving MJ made me literally say "Redemption!" under my breath at the cinema, it was so good.

@Zuljaras SCORPION WAS WHAT?!

Edited on by Fizza

BruceCM

Oh, yeah, Nia's voice actress did a great job, @TheJGG & @Tyranexx .... She actually sounded like a Welsh person (I had relatives over there)!

SW-4357-9287-0699

Snatcher

I hope everyone is having an amazing day, I on the other hand with write down my thoughts on marvels avengers (Game) soon, and tell you guys some of my thoughts on spider man.

Also sorry if I reply late lmao!

@TheJGG Happy to see you liked it, Going to wait for it to show up on disney plus tho, Man, Lets hope I don't get spoiled by that time.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

Zuljaras

@Fizza He was on the boat when he was arrested and at the end of the movie he was talking with Vulture and you can see that he has a scorpion tail tattooed on his neck.

But people already knew who he was because his name in the movie is Mac Gargan aka Scorpion

Fizza

@Zuljaras I never noticed that even after watching Homecoming like 20 times (it's one of my favourite MCU movies), that's so interesting. I have to bloody watch it again now to check it out .

BruceCM

Are we talking about the Marvel's Avengers by Crystal Dynamics, @Fizza ....? That's on PS systems as well, like just about every SE published game is? Never got around to playing that myself & heard rather mixed things but maybe it's been improved since then?

SW-4357-9287-0699

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic